San Francisco Tech Company Watch

+ start a new thread

Kansas's shocking new law will take poor peoples money and give it to big banks
By bgamall4 in misc   16 comments, latest 30 minutes ago:
bob2356 says lostand confused says Make it a condition that the tub of lard has to walk to the bank everyday to get the cash. As long as the banks forgo the fee every day...

Does QE cause inflation, or not?
By CL in misc   90 comments, latest 31 minutes ago:
moldhaven says control point says I can do it too. If P remains constant, then it never increases. Any change in MV only results in a change in Q. Therefore M and P are not...

Hope Californians enjoy the beach this holiday weekend.
By HEY YOU in misc   6 comments, latest 1 hour ago:
Vicente says People go to the beach.... to like swim and stuff? I would not have guessed.

My Intel Experience
By Patrick in misc   9 comments, latest 1 hour ago:
Vicente says Patrick says Then my pay failed to arrive in my direct deposit checking account.

Iraq vet cop goes nuts. Executes couple in car.
By Blurtman in misc   10 comments, latest 1 hour ago:
Strategist says Call it Crazy says The chase covered 22 minutes, 22 miles, 62 police cars and over 100 officers from several law enforcement agencies, speeds up to 120 mph, they ignored more than 100...

'Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash, wife killed in car crash
By Dan8267 in misc   1 comment, latest 1 hour ago:
curious2 says The NY Times has a fine and thorough obituary as well.

God bless Neil Young.
By Blurtman in misc   7 comments, latest 2 hours ago:
Rin says jazz music says Among rock cultural artisans he is/was a leader of rock culture and the art. Everyone knows he's a great musician.

China launches World's largest economic stimulus, inc affordable housing
By tovarichpeter in misc   2 comments, latest 2 hours ago:
HydroCabron says Bellingham Bill says The GOP has inculcated in people that our government can only destroy things. But we can have it build things, too. Where do the know-nothings think all those sweet Interstates,...

Robots, not free trade, is killing jobs in the U.S.
By tovarichpeter in misc   13 comments, latest 3 hours ago:
Strategist says tovarichpeter says Robots, not free trade, is killing jobs in the U.S. The past benifitted those with strength. The present and future benefits those with brains and skills.

Who Will Be Hurt Most When The Tech Bubble Burst? Not VCs
By BayAreaObserver in misc   3 comments, latest 3 hours ago:
Strategist says HydroCabron says The only meaningful question: How can I profit from this? Buy buy buy.

China inc is coming to America
By tovarichpeter in misc   posted 5 hours ago:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/ Japan led a wave of investment into America in the 1980s. Now it's China's turn. A new report described as the first of its kind has broken down how much Chinese money is flowing...

linux
By Patrick in technologies   6 comments, latest 6 hours ago:
BayAreaObserver says Simplicity Linux Makes Good on Its Easy-Peasy Promise. The latest edition of Simplicity Linux, version 15.4, recently became available for download. Simplicity Linux delivers just what its name suggests: It is a simpler...

LaunchKit
By BayAreaObserver in companies   1 comment, latest 6 hours ago:
BayAreaObserver says LaunchKit, which aims to give developers a tool set that makes launching new apps easier, announced its newest service this week. The free LaunchKit App Store Sales Reporter helps developers track the sales...

Greece, The Euro And Truth
By mell in misc   posted 7 hours ago:
http://market-ticker.org/akcs- But markets almost-never actually allow you to get there, because at some point prior to that people in the marketplace suss out that you're going to hit that wall and once that happens the...

Fixed
By Patrick in companies   2 comments, latest 7 hours ago:
mell says Fixed is awesome. Fight every ticket, do not give these assholes $1 without a good fight. Also they are launching a lawsuit because they have established patterns detailing the way contests get thrown...

What If Facebook Actually Paid People For Content?
By BayAreaObserver in misc   posted 7 hours ago:
What if authors and artists didn’t just pump their work into Facebook for free? Yeah, it built the pipes, but that doesn’t mean the water’s not worth money. The content keeps people coming back to...

"It's A Coup D'Etat," David Stockman Warns "Central Banks Are Out Of Contro
By mell in misc   2 comments, latest 7 hours ago:
indigenous says Time to buy gold and miners?

Todays CPI Lesson: The Feds 2% Inflation Target Is Completely Stupid
By indigenous in misc   4 comments, latest 8 hours ago:
indigenous says mell says Stockman is right. Good article. I know, right?

Bay Bridge ZPMC Pays 400m for Shoddy Work in North Sea Wind Farm
By Indiana Jones in misc   posted 8 hours ago:
http://www.sacbee.com/news/inv From the article: This is a tale of two projects. One – the $6.5 billion San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge – is the largest public works project in state history. (More specifically, its $2 billion...

Are cops afraid of biker gangs?
By tovarichpeter in misc   52 comments, latest 9 hours ago:
bob2356 says Strategist says Bob, SBH, Dan.....here are examples of what ends up happening when terrorists are freed. The ISIS leader, Baghdadi was a US prisoner who was freed when he should have been executed....

home   top   share   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net