San Francisco Tech Company Watch

+ start a new thread

Money matters in school admissions
By Rin in misc   34 comments, latest 1 minute ago:
Ceffer says I am so glad to learn that the Deans aren't political animals who don't answer to the Regents. What a relief, I feel so much better now.

I Love OS X and Hate Macs
By Bellingham Bill in misc   2 comments, latest 25 minutes ago:
jazz music says Look at everymac.com benchmarks and compare Mac models. Late 2013 are still pretty good, 4 cores, 1TB SSD, have dual graphics boards Intel and NVDiA with up to 2 GB VRAM. Model...

China still reigns but India gaining rapidly
By tovarichpeter in misc   3 comments, latest 38 minutes ago:
bob2356 says Bellingham Bill says Funny how India does sw and China does hw. Prolly thanks to the more complete English colonization of India back in the day, programming being a much more English-intensive enterprise,...

Egyptian Press Identifies Barack Obama As A Complete Moron
By indigenous in misc   2 comments, latest 1 hour ago:
HEY YOU says Obama is no more of a moron than the Democratic & Republican voter.

McDonald's contemplating offering a spooj-free special sauce
By Blurtman in misc   4 comments, latest 3 hours ago:
curious2 says Ceffer says they will have to pay their help more, and adjust their nutritional content claims down even further; the net toxicity of what remains will be so discouraging that the customer would...

Who owns this road in Walnut Creek?
By tovarichpeter in misc   4 comments, latest 3 hours ago:
Dan8267 says Here's the street view of the gate. And here's the other side of the gate from Seven Hills Ranch Rd. And where N San Carlos Dr intersects Seven Hills Ranch Rd. So someone...

"..rather stupid and not very well-read."
By HEY YOU in misc   125 comments, latest 4 hours ago:
indigenous says Inflation is a general increase in the money supply.[1][2] One of the effects, that may accompany inflation (and is sometimes confused for it) is a rise in prices called price inflation. A similar,...

2006 called and wants its NAR propaganda back.
By CaptainShuddup in misc   8 comments, latest 4 hours ago:
mell says 2007 redux.

Whooo Doggie! Those Insurance stocks are on a tare!
By CaptainShuddup in misc   9 comments, latest 5 hours ago:
bob2356 says BayAreaObserver says Actually I am analyzing them a bit - a few days ago the comments were relatively well written, coherent and even thoughtful to some degree - today it's back to business...

Saudi Arabia paid to fund the 9/11 terrorists and the FBI knew about it
By indigenous in misc   1 comment, latest 5 hours ago:
Strategist says indigenous says Saudi Arabia paid to fund the 9/11 terrorists and the FBI knew about it Saudi Arabia is the chief promoter of Islam. That automatically makes them the chief promoter of terrorism....

Desalinization is the answer
By tovarichpeter in misc   23 comments, latest 6 hours ago:
CaptainShuddup says What are they trying to do here, flood the old folks home 2nd floor with green poo slime? Must be Iwogs automatic deadbeat tennant eviction machine. A few minutes on high, previous tennants...

So why should 'Mericans not be satisfied?
By Blurtman in misc   2 comments, latest 6 hours ago:
CaptainShuddup says Food is harder to come by and getting back up is a longer way up to just getting by. It's getting to expensive to be poor. Especially when every TV Cook is making...

Clintons State Dept Approved Arms Deals To Govts Who Gave Millions To The Found
By indigenous in misc   8 comments, latest 6 hours ago:
indigenous says BayAreaObserver says you didn't believe this when I posted it yesterday Posted same day, but later, missed yours, but it is so bad it needs to be posted twice

Biomedical research in U.S. no longer sustainable
By tovarichpeter in misc   2 comments, latest 7 hours ago:
Rin says Read my piece on the admissions advice for medical schools ... http://patrick.net/misc/Money+ Apparently, being a money man can easily double or triple one's odds of successful admissions at top tier programs.

Lumosity
By Patrick in companies   1 comment, latest 7 hours ago:
Patrick says http://techcrunch.com/2015/05/

The Bad Intelligence
By Vicente in misc   3 comments, latest 7 hours ago:
thunderlips11 says Bellingham Bill says Actual nerve agents from Russia or something, CW labs, not just 20 year-old CW rounds we sold him in the 80s . . . Errrrrrkkkk. I'm posssessed by the spirit...

Remains found in California confirmed as those of Swedish student missing since
By P N Dr Lo R in misc   posted 9 hours ago:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015

NEW NODS
By Entitlemented in misc   2 comments, latest 9 hours ago:
CaptainShuddup says I bought my house armed with Craigslist(to see what was on the bottom rung of the market and how investors and flippers were working the black market), Trulia, and Zillow. Back in 2010...

Bloomberg Interview: New Home Sales , Housing Inflation & The Chinese Buyer
By Logan Mohtashami in misc   21 comments, latest 10 hours ago:
Logan Mohtashami says Demand for higher price homes in this cycle for new homes has been good, builders know their buyers, they will build to sell for $$$

Investment data: Orders by Fidelity Customers
By justme in misc   3 comments, latest 10 hours ago:
justme says Heraclitusstudent, Those questions would be easier to answer if we knew the exact metric that Fidelity is using. Any insight? I am still also looking for similar data from other sources. You can...

home   top   share   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net