San Francisco Tech Company Watch

+ start a new thread

Privilege and the Mental Race War
By mell in misc   2 comments, latest 2 minutes ago:
Blurtman says I look at the murder of African American males by police as the canary in the coal mine. The police are Terminators, acting to enforce behavior under the threat of death. Non-crimes turn...

Analysis of killings by police shows outsize risk for young black men
By Blurtman in misc   25 comments, latest 4 minutes ago:
sbh says bob2356 says So why is the risk of a cop being shot going steadily down and the risk of being killed by a cop going steadily up? The apologists will not let you...

Are we becoming a police state?
By indigenous in misc   93 comments, latest 4 minutes ago:
indigenous says bob2356 says You forgot meme and mutts as part of your standard answer when you have no rational quantifiable evidence. So document where dividends were controlled on corporations under the nazi's. I'll be...

Welcome to facism. Nepal earthquake deaths are only notable by dot com employer
By Blurtman in misc   1 comment, latest 11 minutes ago:
Quigley says Did any of the other deaths affect markets? That's all the capitalists really care about. The news is just giving subscribers what they want.

Bruce Jenner
By elliemae in misc   7 comments, latest 12 minutes ago:
Blurtman says When is the manslaughter trial? Haven't hear much about it.

Free trade is the one issue most economists actually agree on
By tovarichpeter in misc   12 comments, latest 39 minutes ago:
sbh says "As an economic group [the American middle class is] shrinking… Using middle-income as a barometer, middle-class membership has been falling over the last 40 years. The share of Americans who are part of...

Nothing Says You Care More About a Death Of A Black Guy Then Destroying Property
By Call it Crazy in misc   10 comments, latest 47 minutes ago:
Call it Crazy says HydroCabron says Perhaps you have heard of insurance, which covers the losses from these sorts of occurrences. Ahh, I see... If you, as a business owner, have insurance on your store...

Scrap the cap (on social security)
By tovarichpeter in misc   8 comments, latest 52 minutes ago:
marcus says tovarichpeter says Scrap the cap (on social security) Would it hit the employer too ? Social security is something like 6.2% paid by the employee and another 6.2% paid by the employer. Maybe...

A republican sweep in 2016 is all but guaranteed.
By CaptainShuddup in misc   posted 1 hour ago:
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion The controversy started in 2013 when Aaron Klein declined to provide a cake for a lesbian wedding. Later that year, the women filed a complaint against Klein and his wife, Melissa. "The facts of...

The Personality Types That Make the Most and Least Amount of Money
By Strategist in misc   8 comments, latest 1 hour ago:
CaptainShuddup says The winner is more a religion than a personality type. Some people enjoy money, I mean really love money like a religion. They treat money differently than everyone else. I mean if you...

Parkinson's Disease research
By curious2 in misc   45 comments, latest 7 hours ago:
curious2 says Regarding the isradipine Phase III trial linked above, the study should last three years. I tried to edit the original comment but couldn't for some reason.

Google
By Patrick in companies   11 comments, latest 8 hours ago:
curious2 says In 2008, Google co-founder Sergey Brin revealed that his mother had been diagnosed with Parkinson's, and they shared a genetic mutation that increased his risk of getting the disease to between 20% and...

Who ARE The Cool & Hip Hipsters, Driving BA Prices?
By bmwman91 in misc   4 comments, latest 9 hours ago:
Ceffer says Gucci gullible iPhonies. Elitist Techswaggers. Come to California and be lonely surrounded by all your status symbols.

Public boarding schools?
By tovarichpeter in misc   3 comments, latest 10 hours ago:
Ceffer says It will work brilliantly, just like in England. At boarding schools, they will learn all about discipline, humiliation, pederasty, anal sex, how to speak without moving your upper lip, and will wind up...

Tea party, labor and Elizabeth Warren against Obozo the clown??
By lostand confused in misc   posted 10 hours ago:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ Progressive Democrats have been hoping to see a showdown between Elizabeth Warren and Hillary Clinton for years. Instead, they're getting a public feud between the senator from Massachusetts and President Barack Obama.

Adam Sander - Burned Out, Talentless, and a Racist.
By Blurtman in misc   28 comments, latest 10 hours ago:
thunderlips11 says This thread is proceeding at a "Medium Pace".

Evidence for homeopathy between scant and nil
By tovarichpeter in misc   5 comments, latest 10 hours ago:
Strategist says komputodo says Strategist says Friends, Americans, and countrymen, homeopathy is a fraud. I hope they outlaw it because we need the govt to protect us from making poor decisions. We need to outlaw...

Rent control becomes major issue in UK national election
By tovarichpeter in misc   posted 11 hours ago:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/

$1500 down, $15 a month to go off the grid
By tovarichpeter in misc   1 comment, latest 11 hours ago:
curious2 says tovarichpeter says $1500 down, $15 a month.... ...is the price the article says Tesla charges to lease a battery. You would need a lot more than that to go off the grid.

Sugar and carbs, not exercise, is the problem
By tovarichpeter in misc   posted 11 hours ago:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/al I fell into writing about health shortly after grad school, where I realized I didn't want to work in a lab for the rest of my life! My areas of interest are the brain...

home   top   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net