home page

popular   new   active   controversial
Feinstein, Boxer weigh in with a water solution
By tvgnus in environment   posted 44 seconds ago:
http://www.centralvalleybusine Includes some of House bill •  The bill adheres to environmental laws Californias two U.S. Senators are sponsoring a bill that they say better addresses the states drought than one passed by the House...

Trump was right yet again.
By FortWayne in misc   10 comments, latest 6 minutes ago:
HydroCabron says CL says Conservatards just can't figure out who they hate/want to alienate the most. Is it Mexicans? Blacks? Women? White protestants have occupied all the highest offices and held all the power for...

The great "fall" of China
By lostand confused in investing   9 comments, latest 8 minutes ago:
Heraclitusstudent says thunderlips11 says I came across an estimate that less than 10% of Chinese Households own any stock at all Too bad this is the 10% of Chinese people who actually have money.

Mark Cuban -"Trump: The best thing to happen to politics in a long time"
By Call it Crazy in politics   7 comments, latest 10 minutes ago:
CL says Call it Crazy says “He says what’s on his mind. He gives honest answers rather than prepared answers. This is more important than anything any candidate has done in years.” Honest? Which position...

Women more judgemental than Men on Looks
By thunderlips11 in misc   25 comments, latest 11 minutes ago:
HydroCabron says Heraclitusstudent says And slut shaming is mostly a female activity... This one has always seemed weird. No matter how many partners a woman has had, she keeps a mental list of other women...

Women still discriminated against at every turn in STEM
By YesYNot in politics   112 comments, latest 24 minutes ago:
YesYNot says iwog says That wasn't my point, but I'd be considered a feminist 100 years ago. So, you think they make decisions based on feelings and not logic, but you want them to be...

Obama's Sons and Daughters Doing What They Do Best
By Call it Crazy in misc   3 comments, latest 33 minutes ago:
komputodo says When the obviously white woman called the cops and reported that there were wild children running around in the parking lot, do you think she was really thinking "wild children" or " a...

What's going to happen if the fed raises rates but mortgages don't go up?
By iwog in investing   131 comments, latest 38 minutes ago:
FortWayne says iwog says I have already proven through my own arguments and through a Nobel Prize economist that the fed isn't doing anything, however if you want to believe the dollar is being devalued...

Forecast says SoCal should brace for flooding
By tvgnus in misc   posted 47 minutes ago:
http://www.centralvalleybusine Flash floods might be triggered •  The storms will tend to be very spotty Theres a growing risk of drenching and locally gusty thunderstorms reaching parts of Southern California, Arizona and Nevada this week,...

False rape accusation in the bible
By Patrick in rape   24 comments, latest 55 minutes ago:
justme says YesYNot says One could go on, but that guy's a wing-nut. Hysteria is and was and largely female affliction,, In reality, hysteria was and is probably just another way for a female to...

U.S. home ownership rate hits 48 year low
By Logan Mohtashami in housing   32 comments, latest 1 hour ago:
iwog says jvolstad says I remember those days of double digit interest rates as the Fed tried to stop runaway inflation. I would love to get double digit interest on my CD's. Can't happen now....

The creeps who prey on student loan debtors
By tovarichpeter in misc   3 comments, latest 1 hour ago:
HydroCabron says From the title, it sounds like they're talking about the faculty, deans and administrative staff.

Fed holds the line on interest
By tvgnus in misc   posted 1 hour ago:
http://www.centralvalleybusine No rate increase for now •  Underutilization of labor resources has diminished since early this year To support continued progress toward maximum employment and price stability, the Federal Reserves Open Market Committee is reaffirming...

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
By curious2 in crime   65 comments, latest 1 hour ago:
zzyzzx says http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ Plane wreckage found in Indian Ocean, 'there is a chance' it's from missing flight MH370 Aviation experts are speculating that wreckage found washed up on a French island in the Indian Ocean...

waka waka Chaka
By CaptainShuddup in politics   2 comments, latest 1 hour ago:
SoftShell says CaptainShuddup says As charged in the indictment, Congressman Fattah and his associates

Organic food is a colossal hoax
By tovarichpeter in environment   3 comments, latest 1 hour ago:
Heraclitusstudent says "Organic" screws with Monsanto. Just for that, it's worth every penny.

Sousa Meets Alice Cooper and Lets Brian Setzer Write the Charts
By DieBankOfAmericaPhukkingDie in misc   1 comment, latest 2 hours ago:
DieBankOfAmericaPhukkingDie says https://youtu.be/8aI-fnqJ7To

Windows 10
By jvolstad in technology   2 comments, latest 2 hours ago:
jvolstad says It look about an hour and a half to complete the upgrade. Things seem to be working OK. Using the Edge browser on Patrick.net and it looks normal.

Indian restaurant fined for trying to hire Indian waiter
By lostand confused in misc   2 comments, latest 2 hours ago:
FortWayne says I bet we are more communist today than Russia is, at least in the "liberal" states. We should stop calling these liberal states, and just call them for what they are..."bend over to...

So why is college so expensive?
By tovarichpeter in misc   2 comments, latest 2 hours ago:
thunderlips11 says Because tuition costs are no longer held in check by the ability to pay cash and/or relatively limited financing. The most overused phrase is "Correlation does not equal causation." It doesn't, but it...

Linda Tripp breaks silence after nearly 20 years, unloads on Hillary
By jvolstad in politics   63 comments, latest 2 hours ago:
socal2 says Ceffer says The only reason Chelsea is here is that they shared bathwater once. I thought Janet Reno was Chelsea's father?

Why we should encourage prison inmates to go to college
By tovarichpeter in crime   3 comments, latest 2 hours ago:
CaptainShuddup says Why not? Because the Jailhouse will get to double dip in to the taxpayer kitty til. The Prisons wont simply hire professors, or the DOE wont partner with the DOJ to create Federal...

IOWA and NH Polls: All Candidates Criminally Insane - EXCEPT FOR BERNIE
By DieBankOfAmericaPhukkingDie in politics   4 comments, latest 2 hours ago:
Rew says I chuckled when I saw Trump's numbers: negative big.

Will Pres. Hillary's Banker Patrons Put Up With Andrea Dworkin as USAG?
By DieBankOfAmericaPhukkingDie in politics   1 comment, latest 2 hours ago:
Ceffer says At this point, she probably looks like Leatherface from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Give her a robotically controlled chainsaw and let her rip bankster hide.

JCPenney employee says she was sent home because her shorts were too short
By jvolstad in misc   23 comments, latest 2 hours ago:
Ceffer says If they are baggy enough for her to walk around pleasuring herself with a dildo insert, and nobody notices, they are not too short or too tight.

Why Greece's lenders need to suffer also
By tovarichpeter in misc   1 comment, latest 3 hours ago:
DieBankOfAmericaPhukkingDie says Banks are absolved of all risk by the Constitution of every country on earth and especially the United States. Unlimited indemnity of banks for underwriting errors is the only thing that gives America...

Loan sharks preying on desperate student loan borrowers
By tovarichpeter in misc   posted 3 hours ago:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jo I speak and write about investor protection, money management, health economics, ecology and social issues. My latest book is "Keynes's Way to Wealth," a revealing look inside the successful portfolios of the world's most...

San Francisco Plans Worlds Largest H2 Fueling Station
By John Bailo in environment   posted 3 hours ago:
LIVERMORE, California, July 27, 2015 (ENS) – The world’s largest hydrogen fueling station is in the works for San Francisco. Plans call for it to serve fuel cell electric cars, buses and fleet vehicles in...

Should America tax churches?
By tovarichpeter in politics   3 comments, latest 3 hours ago:
socal2 says Don't the church goers already pay tax to the government before they attend Sunday services? You want to double tax them for donating their money to a church to provide charitable and religious...

3 month coding course leads to 6 figure job
By tovarichpeter in misc   14 comments, latest 4 hours ago:
Call it Crazy says jvolstad says I remember submitting punch card decks to operations. Fun times 😸 Those were fun times. One card out of sequence, and poof!!

Pending home sales dip in June
By tvgnus in misc   posted 4 hours ago:
http://www.centralvalleybusine Realtors say its due to lack of inventory •  Competition for existing houses on the market remained stiff last month After five consecutive months of increases, pending home sales slipped in June but remained...

Obama issues hen house visits at the wolves den.
By CaptainShuddup in misc   1 comment, latest 4 hours ago:
Blurtman says Tunneling 101 is already over capacity.

Windows Ad Server 1, er Windows 10, comes out tommorrow
By Dan8267 in scitech   3 comments, latest 5 hours ago:
CaptainShuddup says They are delusional if they think that by moving that metro menu on the start menu that everyone would forget about Windows 8 and their problems would be behind them. Which is exactly...

How Ronald Reagan raided the Social Security Trust Fund
By tovarichpeter in politics   13 comments, latest 5 hours ago:
Blurtman says bob2356 says Non marketable debt has value only if the debter has assets to pay the debt. Why is the money there to pay of marketable US Treasuries, but not the special or...

Legal Battle Erupts Between Surrogate Mom and Gay Dads
By P N Dr Lo R in misc   4 comments, latest 5 hours ago:
CaptainShuddup says P N Dr Lo R says How do people keep "straight" faces (no pun intended) when they read stories like this? Doesn't it occur to anyone that these people are crazy as hoot...

The Olympics are Dead; Boston says no to Corporate Money Pit
By thunderlips11 in misc   11 comments, latest 5 hours ago:
Dan8267 says DieBankOfAmericaPhukkingDie says 100 people are dumped into the plains of Mongolia 100 miles from the nearest team. In a year, the survivors are counted and the team with the larges crowd wins. The...

Small business outlook dims
By tvgnus in misc   1 comment, latest 5 hours ago:
zzyzzx says It's all Obama's fault!!!

Amnesty International says Israeli invasion of Gaza was a war crime
By tovarichpeter in crime   posted 5 hours ago:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world- Rafah after Lt Hadar Goldin was seized on 1 August. He was later declared dead. Amnesty said Israel employed a "'gloves-off' policy with devastating consequences for civilians". Israel dismissed the report as "fundamentally flawed"...

Cops who give cops a bad rep
By tovarichpeter in crime   posted 5 hours ago:
http://www.theatlantic.com/pol Three years ago in Medford, Massachusetts, narcotics detective Stephen LeBert calmly told the brother of a man he was arresting, “He’s selling drugs illegally. What they should do is just take him up to...

The Enchilada Truck
By tovarichpeter in misc   posted 6 hours ago:
http://www.normativedander.com

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best of   about   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net