San Francisco Tech Company Watch

+ start a new thread

Open letter by economists who support Trans Pacific Trade Agreement
By tovarichpeter in misc   4 comments, latest 1 hour ago:
Entitlemented says 2011 student walkout[edit] On November 2, 2011, a number of students in Mankiw's Economics 10 class walked out of his lecture. Several dozen of the 750 students participated.[31][32] Before leaving, they handed Mankiw...

Are we becoming a police state?
By indigenous in misc   140 comments, latest 1 hour ago:
Bigsby says That still doesn't make it a police state. That is the typical overblown language so common to the internet. Most of what you mention is heavy handed policing, dubious methods of fund raising,...

Getting converted to GMO food
By tovarichpeter in misc   7 comments, latest 2 hours ago:
Vicente says I like a corporation that is up front about what's in the box.

Free trade is the one issue most economists actually agree on
By tovarichpeter in misc   18 comments, latest 3 hours ago:
Bellingham Bill says Heraclitusstudent says in exchange of cheap crap bought on credit. Indeed, Mankiw is a GOP-team clown so I'm not going to read his NYT piece, but any discussion of 'free trade' has...

Nothing Says You Care More About a Death Of A Black Guy Then Destroying Property
By Call it Crazy in misc   23 comments, latest 3 hours ago:
alpo says Strategist says If you want to maintain law and order, then you must shoot the thugs. Do you want to create a revolution? If not, take a deep breath, relax, and wait. There...

Analysis of killings by police shows outsize risk for young black men
By Blurtman in misc   39 comments, latest 3 hours ago:
Blurtman says mmmarvel says and do whatever they tell you to do, especially when they have a gun trained on you That's the same advice often given to victims of muggings or carjackings.

What Happened?
By Dan8267 in misc   23 comments, latest 3 hours ago:
hanera says iwog says Real estate is a good store of wealth because it pays a return, is inflation resistant, and over the long term will almost always appreciate as the population increases. Well said.

Old but interesting article about working in VC
By Patrick in misc   posted 4 hours ago:
http://www.bothsidesofthetable I’m often asked by people, “how do I get into VC?” and I normally respond by saying, “there is no easy path. It’s often a combination of luck, relationships & timing. Often these jobs...

Adam Sander - Burned Out, Talentless, and a Racist.
By Blurtman in misc   45 comments, latest 4 hours ago:
bgamall4 says Bigsby says elliemae says Methinks thou dost protest too much. doth Lol, yes, doth. I was driving around the new Summerlin mall and missed that.

The complete failure of free market Austrianism
By iwog in misc   8 comments, latest 4 hours ago:
iwog says That's a whole lot of posts without any actual counter-argument. I didn't expect anything more.

Shooting a handcuffed guy in the head point blank - no problem.
By Blurtman in misc   4 comments, latest 4 hours ago:
HydroCabron says Strategist says If that human is a criminal, we don't want his replacement. And you know this kid is a criminal how, exactly? Is everyone the police pulls over automatically a criminal? Strategist...

Tea party, labor and Elizabeth Warren against Obozo the clown??
By lostand confused in misc   13 comments, latest 4 hours ago:
bob2356 says Call it Crazy says bob2356 says That one sentence would almost make me believe warren is actual presidential material. Sure she is... Just look what she has done so far "for the people"......

A republican sweep in 2016 is all but guaranteed.
By CaptainShuddup in misc   25 comments, latest 4 hours ago:
saroya says iwog says Reality says If FDR and the Democrats had delivered on those promises, there would not have been a Great Depression, but merely a long recession that would have ended in 1934-35,...

AT&T Big Data
By Patrick in companies   posted 5 hours ago:
nameAT&T Big Data street address430 Bush Street SF zip94108 home page jobs pagehttp://att.jobs/careers/te owner SF employees descriptionsome subsidiary of AT&T that just works on big data projects maybe? #map-canvas { width: 500px; height: 400px; }...

Some pharmaceutical companies getting money for nothing
By tovarichpeter in misc   posted 6 hours ago:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/ph Dr. Richard Fogel speaks with a patient earlier this month at the St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis. Ascension Health, which operates 131 hospitals across the country including St. Vincent, estimates price hikes to...

Baltimore cops savagely attack journalist
By tovarichpeter in misc   posted 6 hours ago:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/

Welcome to facism. Nepal earthquake deaths are only notable by dot com employer
By Blurtman in misc   22 comments, latest 7 hours ago:
FortWayne says Come on Blurtman you should be old enough to know that tragedies overseas don't matter as much as something significant at home. It's just how we humans are.

Bruce Jenner
By elliemae in misc   15 comments, latest 7 hours ago:
elliemae says He was an Olympic athlete.

60 Minutes highlights massive pentagon waste
By tovarichpeter in misc   posted 7 hours ago:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ch I am Professor at the University of Baltimore School of Law, where I focus on government contracting and Congressional legislating. I served as Commissioner on the Congressionally-chartered Commission on Wartime Contracting in Iraq and...

Famous Harvard professor: "Close to reversing aging"
By tovarichpeter in misc   1 comment, latest 9 hours ago:
CaptainShuddup says Is that like a reverse mortgage? But instead the Doctors will perform the procedure on you to reverse age, but when you hit 30 on the way down. They evict you from your...

home   top   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net