San Francisco Tech Company Watch

+ start a new thread

Affirm
By Patrick in companies   1 comment, latest 1 minute ago:
Patrick says http://www.cnbc.com/id/1026517 Max Levchin, with his start-up, Affirm, is trying to take on the big banks and revolutionize online lending for a younger generation of Americans. This morning, Levchin announced that he has raised...

app as effective at testing eyesight as optician's clinic
By curious2 in misc   posted 4 minutes ago:
"A smartphone app is as effective at testing eyesight as an optician's clinic, a trial suggests." I have commented elsewhere that you can get a complete pair of generic glasses for $20 from Zenni Optical....

Nearly 1 in 7 Hispanic adults has some hearing loss
By tvgnus in misc   5 comments, latest 13 minutes ago:
Nobody says I am sure more people in general are deaf any way.

Egyptian Press Identifies Barack Obama As A Complete Moron
By indigenous in misc   23 comments, latest 23 minutes ago:
zzyzzx says Rew says It's the proposals for Ukraine entering NATO and having a US base set up 30 miles from Moscow. I It's way more than 30 miles..LOL

Illinois Democrats Seek To Tax Their Way Out Of Fiscal Mess
By zzyzzx in misc   70 comments, latest 25 minutes ago:
thunderlips11 says Japanese Car Makers are unionized in Japan: http://www.reuters.com/article German, Italian, etc. Automakers? Thoroughly unionized. Unions are the excuse that US Auto execs made for their marketing of cars nobody wanted.

Here's why I don't donate to organized charities.
By CaptainShuddup in misc   1 comment, latest 32 minutes ago:
P N Dr Lo R says CaptainShuddup says The United Nations World Food Program I think that is the problem, not charities in general.

Google announcement is bombshell
By tovarichpeter in misc   posted 32 minutes ago:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/

How Nice For Grandma
By tovarichpeter in misc   1 comment, latest 34 minutes ago:
tovarichpeter says How nice indeed

I Love OS X and Hate Macs
By Bellingham Bill in misc   7 comments, latest 48 minutes ago:
jazz music says Nerds rule, pedestrians drool ... unless you look like a fashion model or roll in daddy's money! control point says NERDS

Google needs more android developers
By tovarichpeter in misc   1 comment, latest 52 minutes ago:
CaptainShuddup says We've already got one and it's free. What Google so desperately needs is a native compiler, then they will eat Windows and Apples lunch. Sounds like they want to make $200 a month...

How federal govt financed water shortage
By tovarichpeter in misc   posted 59 minutes ago:
http://www.scientificamerican. The water shortages that have brought California, Arizona and other Western states to the edge of an environmental cliff have been attributed to a historic climate event—a dry spell that experts worry could be...

HELOC chickens coming home to roost
By tvgnus in misc   1 comment, latest 1 hour ago:
errc says Thia will likely cause house prices to retreat to 1960s prices

DuckDuckGo
By Patrick in misc   8 comments, latest 1 hour ago:
CaptainShuddup says Or they could just go back to Web indexing based on keyword and meta tags like the original STANDARD. Google built a better method then when we all got on board, they've been...

Who owns this road in Walnut Creek?
By tovarichpeter in misc   8 comments, latest 2 hours ago:
Dan8267 says thunderlips11 says Apparently a former mayor once lived along the street - he's the one who probably cooked up the scheme. I would be very suspicious of him as well. Means, motive, and...

China still reigns but India gaining rapidly
By tovarichpeter in misc   6 comments, latest 3 hours ago:
Bellingham Bill says ^ that first graph is funny; back in '89 I had the choice between Mandarin and Japanese at school (shoulda taken Swedish instead but that is another story). Didn't put a lot...

The Bad Intelligence
By Vicente in misc   4 comments, latest 3 hours ago:
bgamall4 says Condi warned of mushroom clouds, remember? She was not talking about chemical weapons. She was in on 9/11 because she also lied when she said the government did not know planes would be...

Money matters in school admissions
By Rin in misc   36 comments, latest 3 hours ago:
thunderlips11 says Funniest thing about MA, you get one guy who is wanted by the FBI for Mafia Activities, the other brother is running UMass - the Bolgers.

"..rather stupid and not very well-read."
By HEY YOU in misc   128 comments, latest 3 hours ago:
iwog says tatupu70 says I know softshell is trolling, but here's the full definition for Miriam Webster of siege. Never assume a right wing nut is trolling. Their beliefs are indistinguishable from parody.

Whooo Doggie! Those Insurance stocks are on a tare!
By CaptainShuddup in misc   10 comments, latest 4 hours ago:
sbh says CaptainShuddup says make a Liberal bitch about petty shit The dictionary would lern ya the differnce txit bitchin' and laughin'.

Give them space to loot and destroy, Stop killing people...
By CaptainShuddup in misc   22 comments, latest 5 hours ago:
Call it Crazy says zzyzzx says Veronica Edmonds, a 26-year-old mother of seven in the Gilmor Homes Imagine what she could accomplish if she put that type of effort into a JOB!

home   top   share   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net