San Francisco Tech Company Watch

+ start a new thread

NEW NODS
By Entitlemented in misc   posted 4 minutes ago:
http://www.zillow.com/homes/ma Zillow is perfect for searching homes for sale in the United States. By analyzing real estate information on millions of homes for sale across the United States, we calculate home values (Zestimates) and the...

Bloomberg Interview: New Home Sales , Housing Inflation & The Chinese Buyer
By Logan Mohtashami in misc   21 comments, latest 13 minutes ago:
Logan Mohtashami says Demand for higher price homes in this cycle for new homes has been good, builders know their buyers, they will build to sell for $$$

Who owns this road in Walnut Creek?
By tovarichpeter in misc   2 comments, latest 21 minutes ago:
komputodo says turn it into a $5 toll road

Investment data: Orders by Fidelity Customers
By justme in misc   3 comments, latest 27 minutes ago:
justme says Heraclitusstudent, Those questions would be easier to answer if we knew the exact metric that Fidelity is using. Any insight? I am still also looking for similar data from other sources. You can...

Stem cell injections have cured Parkinson's say New Scientist
By tovarichpeter in misc   posted 33 minutes ago:
http://www.newscientist.com/ar What these trials overlooked is that it takes several years for fetal cells to "bed in" and connect properly to the recipient's brain. Many Swedish and North American recipients improved dramatically, around three years...

Top "Progressive" Think Tank loves TPP, Hillary
By thunderlips11 in misc   2 comments, latest 37 minutes ago:
HydroCabron says Cancer never looked so good.

Disrupt or be disrupted
By tovarichpeter in misc   1 comment, latest 39 minutes ago:
thunderlips11 says Let's disrupt the preferential and regressive tax schemes offered to Hedge Funds and VCs.

Desalinization is the answer
By tovarichpeter in misc   16 comments, latest 42 minutes ago:
BayAreaObserver says You think that is going to be effective on something this size?

McDonald's tells you how it's gonna be
By CaptainShuddup in misc   2 comments, latest 44 minutes ago:
CaptainShuddup says McDonald's will be a RE holding firm in another 5 years. They probably own more rental units than sesame buns.

Whooo Doggie! Those Insurance stocks are on a tare!
By CaptainShuddup in misc   7 comments, latest 51 minutes ago:
BayAreaObserver says Actually I am analyzing them a bit - a few days ago the comments were relatively well written, coherent and even thoughtful to some degree - today it's back to business as usual....

2006 called and wants its NAR propaganda back.
By CaptainShuddup in misc   1 comment, latest 55 minutes ago:
FortWayne says When you see "Ask Susan" commercials come back, run for the hills.

"..rather stupid and not very well-read."
By HEY YOU in misc   110 comments, latest 1 hour ago:
iwog says SoftShell says god damn wogster...i must have hit i nerve with you for you to log into all 5 of your accounts and dislike me!! I think you're seriously underestimating how many people...

Kurzweil's Law Of Accelerating Returns explained
By tovarichpeter in misc   posted 2 hours ago:
http://www.businessinsider.com In response to the emperors offer of a reward for his new beloved game, the inventor asked for a single grain of rice on the first square, two on the second square, four on...

Biomedical research in U.S. no longer sustainable
By tovarichpeter in misc   1 comment, latest 2 hours ago:
Entitlemented says I work in Optical Electronics. We have had budget cuts of 20-30% a year along with NIH, and other groups. We can cut funding and R&D double digits for multiple years, and job...

Is California's economy starting to lag?
By tvgnus in misc   2 comments, latest 2 hours ago:
socal2 says Vicente says A few years ago everyone was asking me about imminent bankruptcy of the entire state. A blip, meh. Have the California municipal pension funds suddenly become solvent? The can was just...

EPA issues new clean water rule
By tvgnus in misc   1 comment, latest 3 hours ago:
CaptainShuddup says including those that feed into the Pacific Ocean, How can California have a water shortage while they continue watch trillions of gallons of water a minute pour into the Pacific Ocean. You poor...

Soros forecasts war with China, unless
By tovarichpeter in misc   posted 3 hours ago:
http://www.valuewalk.com/2015/

Who Will Be Hurt Most When The Tech Bubble Burst? Not VCs
By BayAreaObserver in misc   7 comments, latest 3 hours ago:
BayAreaObserver says One Chart Shows Why 2015 Is Looking A Lot Like 2000. Are we in the midst of another technology bubble? A new chart from Kleiner Perkins venture capitalist Mary Meeker suggests a strong...

Before and After "Free Trade" Reforms
By thunderlips11 in misc   2 comments, latest 3 hours ago:
thunderlips11 says Heraclitusstudent says But Obama wants more free trade. "Oh sure, NAFTA destroyed jobs. But it'll be different this time." It took Nixon to Open China; it takes Democrats to shaft the working class....

Clintons State Dept Approved Arms Deals To Govts Who Gave Millions To The Found
By indigenous in misc   7 comments, latest 3 hours ago:
BayAreaObserver says So few months until the elections and so many scandals yet to be revealed....from both sides but I kinda think Billary will outdo them all. Looks like she came into the race with...

home   top   share   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net