Near Emeryville CA 94608

Watch
Start a new Emeryville, CA 94608 thread

Salem, Oregon
By CL in Emeryville CA 94608   6 comments, latest 1 week ago:
mmmarvel says Salem, ah, the town that exists basically because the state capital is there. Salem is a nice enough town, but aside from the capital and one college (small college) there isn't much else...

State Healthcare Lotteries
By CL in Emeryville CA 94608   20 comments, latest 3 weeks ago:
CL says curious2 says CL says Insurance is access.... No, insurance is a contract. Read yours. Semantics. If you are not in a life-threatening position, hospitals can refuse you if you don't have insurance, right?...

Looking good
By CL in Emeryville CA 94608   posted 1 month ago:
http://dish.andrewsullivan.com The news cycle is so punishing these days you might be forgiven for thinking the Obama era is over. But it isn’t. It’s at its peak in terms of impact, because policies, especially economic...

The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth - The Week
By CL in Emeryville CA 94608   4 comments, latest 1 month ago:
monkframe says Does anyone still believe that we have the "best health care system in the world?" If so, it's another confirmation that they haven't been unlucky enough to encounter it fully.

ACA question
By CL in Emeryville CA 94608   6 comments, latest 1 month ago:
CL says My friend bought on the Exchange last year due to his PEC. I'm guessing he could have waited until January 1, but didn't want to risk a lapse in coverage. His company brought...

Thomas Jefferson as First Democrat
By CL in Emeryville CA 94608   63 comments, latest 1 month ago:
CL says By the way, this looks like the full timeline, up to Obama. http://www.davidwalbert.com/20

Don't Conservatives even know where to FIND a spell checker?
By CL in Emeryville CA 94608   3 comments, latest 1 month ago:
Dan8267 says CL says To be fair, the conservatives aren't saying that Obama is in favor of Islamic terrorists. They are saying he is a professional Islamic terrorist and he probably plays in the Anti-American...

The Tea Party has become grotesquely fiscally irresponsible - The Week
By CL in Emeryville CA 94608   1 comment, latest 2 months ago:
bgamall4 says The Tea Party wants our bonds to be worth crap? Not sure how practical that is. I think we have to cut defense spending because we are too tempted to use the damn...

1-800-Flowers botches Valentine's Day - and apology, too - Feb. 16, 2014
By CL in Emeryville CA 94608   2 comments, latest 2 months ago:
curious2 says This reminds me of the SNL sketch about the package delivery company for "When it absolutely, positively, has to be there the day before yesterday." I suspect that many guys forgot to send...

People will be held responsible - just not Chris Christie
By CL in Emeryville CA 94608   124 comments, latest 3 months ago:
bob2356 says Homeboy says bob2356 says Well that leaves out every president since Truman. Oh, I see. What Christie did was o.k. in your mind because you don't expect any better. Nice. I don't now...

So I watched Atlas shrugged last night...(redux)
By CL in Emeryville CA 94608   32 comments, latest 3 months ago:
upisdown says jazz music says Daily Koz has a great write up on Ayn Rand that sets aside the hypocrisy to focus instead on the failed ideology. How can it be a failed ideology when...

Jesus and Santa were white - POLITICO.com
By CL in Emeryville CA 94608   50 comments, latest 3 months ago:
CaptainShuddup says Does this mean that Ganesha is Back?

Official who OK'd Obama birth papers dies in crash
By CL in Emeryville CA 94608   28 comments, latest 4 months ago:
Homeboy says thomaswong.1986 says define "natural born citizenship" as it was a common term during the writing of the constitution. An English-language translation of Emerich de Vattel's 1758 treatise The Law of Nations, stating that...

Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits - The Week
By CL in Emeryville CA 94608   6 comments, latest 4 months ago:
FortWayne says Pope was right.

Cash for clunkers question for the Keynesians
By CL in Emeryville CA 94608   108 comments, latest 5 months ago:
Robert Sproul says When Barack Obama became president, there were 32,000 U.S. troops in Afghanistan. He escalated to over 100,000 troops, plus contractors. Now 5 years later, there are 47,000 troops in that shithole, in...

Income Inequality Questions
By CL in Emeryville CA 94608   336 comments, latest 5 months ago:
indigenous says I like the quote from Keynes paraphrasing: it is possible to raise the taxes so high that they will defeat their own purpose. No economist has ever uttered the phrase "trickle down theory"...

Corporate Taxes passed on to the consumer
By CL in Emeryville CA 94608   4 comments, latest 5 months ago:
CL says Heraclitusstudent says Also the reverse argument is true: consumers taxes are passed back to corporations - in the form of lower demand for their products. You will never hear that from a republican....

A War on the Poor - NYTimes.com
By CL in Emeryville CA 94608   91 comments, latest 5 months ago:
thunderlips11 says Screw Corporations and Government. What's wrong with an autonomous collective?

The roots of modern, violent rage - Salon.com
By CL in Emeryville CA 94608   posted 5 months ago:
http://www.salon.com/2013/11/0 Joe Stack had simply had enough. Every time this fifty-three-year-old independent engineer and software consultant from Austin, Texas, had set aside any money at all for retirement, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) seemed to...

401K Fees
By CL in Emeryville CA 94608   3 comments, latest 6 months ago:
CL says MsBennet says There was an interesting Frontline PBS show on this recently. It's pretty shocking. I saw that. I even recorded it. I checked with my Benefits coordinator here, and he assured me...

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 75 milliseconds to create.