San Francisco Tech Company Watch

+ start a new thread

Illinois Democrats Seek To Tax Their Way Out Of Fiscal Mess
By zzyzzx in misc   81 comments, latest 3 seconds ago:
zzyzzx says iwog says So all the jobs leaving Detroit were due to ridiculous Republican free trade agreements and outsourcing?

I Love OS X and Hate Macs
By Bellingham Bill in misc   10 comments, latest 3 minutes ago:
Bellingham Bill says Heraclitusstudent says This is sooo over-powerful unless you're running a data center. kinda need to balance threads vs. clockspeed, sorta a 70-30 split towards the latter. Also, since Apple hasn't released any...

Apple has not made an operating system in this entire millennium.
By Dan8267 in misc   1 comment, latest 8 minutes ago:
Strategist says Dan8267 says Apple has not made an operating system in this entire millennium. They did not have to. The OS Apple made in the last millennium was designed for this millennium. The stolen...

Egyptian Press Identifies Barack Obama As A Complete Moron
By indigenous in misc   40 comments, latest 36 minutes ago:
indigenous says curious2 says hey happen to say something you wanted to hear. Pretty much it, I just like to see O's name drug through the mud, I never get tired of it.

Neverland, former home of Michael Jackson, on sale for $100M
By jvolstad in misc   posted 1 hour ago:
https://celebrity.yahoo.com/ne Neverland Ranch is up for sale. The California property that once served as Michael Jackson's home and personal fantasyland is being listed at $100 million, according to the Wall Street Journal. The 2,700-acre ranch...

Millennials in Texas and in California reject home ownership for vastly differen
By jvolstad in misc   1 comment, latest 1 hour ago:
bgamall4 says The Texans are to stupid to figure out how to buy a home and the west has prices too high for the down payment to be accumulated. But really, they all need to...

Dennis Hastert is still alive?
By Blurtman in misc   posted 2 hours ago:
Former speaker indicted for hush money cover-up Washington (CNN)Federal officials have indicted former House Speaker Dennis Hastert for lying to the FBI about $3.5 million he agreed to pay to an undisclosed subject to "cover...

HELOC chickens coming home to roost
By tvgnus in misc   3 comments, latest 2 hours ago:
Blurtman says Tapped out on the HELOC? Try the car equity line of credit (CELOC). Tapped out on the CELOC? Try the donor organ line of credit (DOLOC). Last, there is always the OELOC, the...

Nearly 1 in 7 Hispanic adults has some hearing loss
By tvgnus in misc   10 comments, latest 2 hours ago:
Quigley says I can't listen to this shit. Because you tell many lies.

Who owns this road in Walnut Creek?
By tovarichpeter in misc   10 comments, latest 4 hours ago:
CDon says As always, fascinating legal analysis here on Patnet. Why use dry boring property law concepts like "prescriptive easement" or "quiet title action" when you can listen to coders who will look for nefarious...

Most health care it is poor quality
By tovarichpeter in misc   posted 4 hours ago:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/to Im an investor with New Atlantic Ventures, where I help launch early-stage companies that have new technologies and new takes on how to win in business. Im inspired every time entrepreneurs prove theres a...

Actually crime rates in the U.S. are going down
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ne Neil Howe is a historian, economist, and demographer, and the recognized leading authority on generational trends. He is the bestselling author of over a dozen books, including Generations, which Al Gore called the most...

The "creative class" is leaving SF for Portland
http://www.forbes.com/sites/sc For three years, I'm circling America to live for a month each in 28 cities, starting from Miami and ending in New York City. The point is to write a book about revitalizing cities...

Syphilis Soars 79% in Rhode Island Thanks to Social Media
By zzyzzx in misc   6 comments, latest 5 hours ago:
Vicente says What's up with the red nose? A little-known movie these days:

Google announcement is bombshell
By tovarichpeter in misc   5 comments, latest 5 hours ago:
CaptainShuddup says I like buying things at the brick and mortar stores then Googling them to see how what I paid compares, as well as get fresh copy on the specs of the item. I...

Whooo Doggie! Those Insurance stocks are on a tare!
By CaptainShuddup in misc   11 comments, latest 5 hours ago:
Quigley says Yah I don't see how any liberal or progressive could reasonably defend Obamacare. All it's done is mandate payment for medical insurance (or tax which will be turned over to the medical insurers...

DuckDuckGo
By Patrick in misc   10 comments, latest 5 hours ago:
CaptainShuddup says Well there's not a day that new internet laws are not made. Usually in favor of big companies. I got an idea how about we go back to keyword indexing, and willfully lying...

How Nice For Grandma
By tovarichpeter in misc   2 comments, latest 5 hours ago:
CaptainShuddup says Somebody has Grandma issues.

Affirm
By Patrick in companies   1 comment, latest 6 hours ago:
Patrick says http://www.cnbc.com/id/1026517 Max Levchin, with his start-up, Affirm, is trying to take on the big banks and revolutionize online lending for a younger generation of Americans. This morning, Levchin announced that he has raised...

app as effective at testing eyesight as optician's clinic
By curious2 in misc   posted 6 hours ago:
"A smartphone app is as effective at testing eyesight as an optician's clinic, a trial suggests." I have commented elsewhere that you can get a complete pair of generic glasses for $20 from Zenni Optical....

home   top   share   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net