+ start a new thread

Dating in decline in Japan
By Rin in misc   19 comments, latest 4 minutes ago:
thunderlips11 says Rin says The American guys who're hugely into anime, in such an obsessive manner, are basically the stereotypical Dungeons & Dragons dorks of yesteryear. I'd stopped playing D&D after three sessions, as it...

Rand Paul wants to increase military spending big time
By tovarichpeter in misc   24 comments, latest 7 minutes ago:
thunderlips11 says Call it Crazy says thunderlips11 says We're talking about Federal Spending. No, your whole spin off on TANF was about this original quote: mmmarvel says Works for me. We can pay for it...

Low-income people loved Obamacare, but the rest of us...
By Call it Crazy in misc   43 comments, latest 46 minutes ago:
sbh says Before I leave you and watch basketball, why don't you ask Ted Cruz how he likes his new Medicaid policy? He probably can't answer with that tit in his mouth.

I Achieved the American Dream and It Was Awful - Yahoo Finance
By anonymous in misc   44 comments, latest 48 minutes ago:
Quigley says Ok my numbers were more than a bit off. http://www.census.gov/compendi This is the raw data, have to calculate percentages yourself. I came up with 43% born to families making under $35k. 57% born...

Speculators driving another housing bubble
By tovarichpeter in misc   9 comments, latest 1 hour ago:
lahossain says Bellingham Bill says It's probably all true. No politician is going to win election promising to lower home valuations. The idea is ludicrous on its face. Rajan meant to criticize making housing affordable...

Should we scrap immigration restrictions
By tovarichpeter in misc   posted 1 hour ago:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/

State issues report on California's significant droughts
By tvgnus in misc   24 comments, latest 1 hour ago:
Bellingham Bill says errc says americas statists most people don't want to live in a nation of potheads, LOL I'm all for legalization, but that's where the backlash is coming from ("if I can't get...

Tax breaks that mainly help the rich
By tovarichpeter in misc   3 comments, latest 1 hour ago:
Bellingham Bill says http://taxfoundation.org/artic shows that if things were "Fair" (a head tax not an income tax), the 1% ($400k+) would see their taxes cut in half, the 1-5% ($175,000+) would see a 25% tax...

To Answer Iwog's Idiocy
By Reality in misc   178 comments, latest 2 hours ago:
bob2356 says indigenous says Don't care what name you give it, I'm looking at the amount that the government deviates from the market, of which India does plenty of deviation. I guess it's you against...

Home Prices & the Dow, each Inflation-Adjusted. A recent Dow day.
By ttsmyf in misc   368 comments, latest 2 hours ago:
ttsmyf says WOW! The UNtrustworthy are certainly in control of what information is apparent to the people! Say hey! This was in the Wall Street Journal on March 30, 1999. Note "... how much it...

Another Month Of Record Cold
By Call it Crazy in misc   30 comments, latest 4 hours ago:
zzyzzx says

Schneier: Don't Need Content, when you have Metadata on Everyone
By thunderlips11 in misc   14 comments, latest 4 hours ago:
Rin says For some crazy reason I value my privacy. On your browser (I use Firefox) don't check "Accept cookies". You can set exceptions on an as needed basis (say amazon.com when you order). Still...

Is Netanyahu right?
By Strategist in misc   49 comments, latest 4 hours ago:
thunderlips11 says Blurtman says Just like Saddam could have sent nukular missiles to obliterate Los Angeles (hmmmmm.....), those crazy Iranian semites can nuke NYC (hmmmm......). Just like Saddam, they must be stopped and their country...

Larry Summers' right about trade
By tovarichpeter in misc   2 comments, latest 4 hours ago:
thunderlips11 says BayAreaObserver says Obama Officials Say Trade Deal Will Not Let Companies Overturn US Laws. Is that like you get to keep the insurance you have? That there are a billion Chinese customers waiting...

Bi-partisan plan to open up airwaves for your cell phone
By tovarichpeter in misc   1 comment, latest 5 hours ago:
zzyzzx says As long as they don't try to take away regular broadcast TV, it's fine with me.

Do you have a rewards card? What is your name and address?
By CaptainShuddup in misc   8 comments, latest 6 hours ago:
HydroCabron says Philistine says I avoid retailers that insist on these data-grabs to get their "discounts". Every study comparing rewards-card establishments to those without concludes that the prices at non-rewards-card establishments are slightly lower than...

Fix the roads, just dont raise taxes, say Californians
By tvgnus in misc   11 comments, latest 6 hours ago:
zzyzzx says lostand confused says We can start by making drugs legal and that will cut the prison population by a big chunk. That and execute the rest.

Build affordable housing near BART and light rail
By tovarichpeter in misc   6 comments, latest 6 hours ago:
lahossain says Apropos of water--today in my FB feed. http://www.feelguide.com/2015/

How the DEA spends our tax money, and their time
By tovarichpeter in misc   2 comments, latest 6 hours ago:
thunderlips11 says It started when we built that Dam in Helmond province - in 1954. Rising water table brought a ton of salt to the surface; poppies were one of the few things that would...

The fastest growing tech companies' secret
By Patrick in misc   posted 6 hours ago:
from http://techcrunch.com/2015/03/ Uber, the world’s largest taxi company, owns no vehicles. Facebook, the world’s most popular media owner, creates no content. Alibaba, the most valuable retailer, has no inventory. And Airbnb, the world’s largest accommodation...

home   top   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net