Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 30 Oct 2014 in Liberal Hypocricy, while lesbian couple with black baby, marcus said:

FortWayne says

Liberals always love to shout about how much they supposedly love the black people, how noble they are and how racist everyone else is. And yet here is a white lesbian (clearly liberal) couple who goes ape shit over ending up with a black baby.

So this Jesus hating deviant couple go to a sperm bank to get pregnant, because doing it with a man is just too normal and they don't like normal. And they end up with a black baby due to some mix up, and are suing the sperm bank because they wanted a white kid. Now that's some pretty good hypocrisy there.

What's interesting here, is that this odd couple got to where they did because of their deviant and poor choices in life. And yet they'll blame everyone but themselves.

Is he for real ? I'm just saying, can this really be his take away from this story ? Really?

I just can't believe it. He has to be some liberal trying to make right wingers look truly retarded, in the very not PC sense of the term, by creating this ridiculous character that makes Archie Bunker look like an intellectual.

• On 30 Oct 2014 in Liberal Hypocricy, while lesbian couple with black baby, marcus said:

FortWayne says

Here is the new pun courtesy of liberal deviance.

"Your mother didn't want you so much, she sued the sperm bank to give you back."

Good Pun Fort Wayne.

This is the stupidest thread ever. Right wing dim bulbs sure have to stretch like crazy to find something to pin on those damn "libruls." This one was even more of a stretch than most of the Captains. And that's really saying something.

Kinda funny really.

Even ZZYZZX sees it:

zzyzzx says

This thread is useless without hot lesbian pics:

Instead of his usual "It's all Obama's fault (which he will probably say now)."

• On 30 Oct 2014 in Hillary Clinton: "Corporations and Businesses Don't Create Jobs", marcus said:

Hillary is defining the election debate. IT is an absurd statement, but she will use questions about it to launch in to her attack on trickle down economics and how much of a failure it's been.

Mish can try deny the extent to which supply side nonsense has contributed to the wealth gap. He's like to pin it on unions. I don't think that's gonna fly.

• On 30 Oct 2014 in Why is Obama opposed to quarantine of potential ebola carriers?, marcus said:

dodgerfanjohn says

marcus says

I'm not that much of a liberal. I'm just a politically moderate person that's not looking for irrational reasons to hate Obama, so I can look at something like this in an unemotional and objective way.

Wow. So not only are you a racist hypocrite, but your're also self delusional.

I get it. This country has changed so much in the last 40 years, that you Rushbot, Fox News watching right wing dimbulbs don't even know what liberal even means anymore.

You guys are so clueless that you have no recollection of what this country was like 40 years ago, when the republican party had more real liberals in it than the democrats do today.

THe right wing media complex has done it's job very well.

I noticed that you didn't comment on any other part of my answer to CIC which was demonstrating I'm correct about this: "I can look at something like this in an unemotional and objective way."

• On 29 Oct 2014 in Why is Obama opposed to quarantine of potential ebola carriers?, marcus said:

Call it Crazy says

humanity says

He's probably listening to a lot of experts and making an objective and informed decision.

OK Brainiac.... Answer this question... Let's see how the liberal mind works..

Why is he quarantining military people who were building medical units and infrastructure and not treating sick people, but he's NOT quarantining doctors and nurses who HAD direct contact with infected patients?

I don't know. Could it have something to do with the fact that in the case of the quarantining of Military people, they were sent by the President, and they are military personnel, that can very easily and fairly naturally be kept together and on military base for 3 weeks ? Asking them to do this (insisting they do) is fairly simple and not an infringement of their rights, because it's understood that the military often defines duties such as a location soldiers are at or what they are tasked with doing for periods of time.

The volunteers went voluntarily, and are using full protective gear for which there is a very well known low probability of being infected, but there is a risk. And therefore unlike that one guy that came back to New York, most will probably be requested to self quarantine, or the organization they are with will quarantine them somewhat. It's just that the federal government is not imposing laws that infringe on their rights.

Also in the case of the military, it was the joint chiefs who recommended it. It's an easy step for the military which has absolutely no legal implications regarding the rights of those personnel. With the military quarantining, there is no new law or laws involved, it's simply the way their assignment is defined.

"Let's see how the liberal mind works."

I'm not that much of a liberal. I'm just a politically moderate person that's not looking for irrational reasons to hate Obama, so I can look at something like this in an unemotional and objective way.

It's really quite nice (relatively speaking). I feel sorry for you.

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/article/ebola-quarantine-can-undermine-efforts-curb-epidemic

Medical science has demonstrated that asymptomatic people with Ebola infection do not transmit the virus. Ebola is also not an airborne virus, like cold or flu viruses. It is only transmitted through direct contact with an infected, symptomatic person’s body fluids, such as blood, vomit, and feces.

MSF protocols governing returned health workers are based upon the guidelines of international health agencies, notably the World Health Organization and the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and they have been followed rigorously. Their effectiveness was apparent last week in New York, when MSF aid worker Dr. Craig Spencer immediately reported the onset of fever symptoms, setting into motion his secure transfer to Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan, where he is receiving comprehensive treatment.

Also, maybe it's believed that the kind of person that volunteers for that work, knows the risks and fully understands the implications being out and around when symptomatic with ebola, and is therefore going to admit themselves to a hospital at the first sign of symptoms (which is when it becomes contagious), whereas with military personal this would not be nearly as easy to count on. (not to suggest that the military people are idiots. But some may be).

Last but not least, the military people are paid for doing nothing during those 3 weeks they are quarantined. The Doctors without borders people are paid a minimal amount to cover a little more than school loan interest, but that's just for the time they are over on a mission.

• On 28 Oct 2014 in Most Expensive Housing Markets in US are Liberal: Correlation or Cause?, marcus said:

landtof says

--> california public schools received an overall grade of F, ranking 41st nationally, from StudentsFirst, a Sacramento-based group run by Michelle Rhee, the former schools chancellor in Washington, D.C.

Yeah, and this is because Californian's are progressive politically ?

Or because the teachers and schools systems suck ?

Could there be another reason ?

THe rest of the country should thank us for having so many immigrants, so the U.S. isn't going to go through the economic havoc that comes from having populations growth suddenly turning negative (as it is in much of Europe).

But you're right. If the teachers were better, we could probably change the beliefs and patterns of first generation immigrant behavior (regarding school) instantly rather than having it take a generations two kick in.

• On 28 Oct 2014 in Most Expensive Housing Markets in US are Liberal: Correlation or Cause?, marcus said:

Average intelligence is a confounding variable.

Fascinating.

Do a survey of the Professors at Cal Tech, M.I.T., Stanford, Harvard etc and you'll find the same thing.

Any grouping you can think of where the intelligence is way above average, and you'll find this same correlation.

But about the housing stats, if you include the very most expensive small suburbs or exurbs, I'm not so sure they would be "liberal" Take Kenilworth on the north shore, north of Chicago, for example, or Greenwich, Conn.

• On 26 Oct 2014 in Homeowner in rich neighborhood tired of passing out candy to poor kids, marcus said:

landtof says

this playbook is getting old. the new american secular church of progressive thought is oppressive, intolerant, and downright fascist.

Yeah right. Those liberals are practically fascists these days. I long for the olden days 40 to 50 years ago, before the liberals ruined this country, with all their fascist welfare for the takers, and their holier than though talk about the environment, and climate change, and "toerance." Fricking bleeding heart idiots act as if mankind and the planet are supposed to exist for more than another few generations.

(this message was approved by the Koch brothers)

• On 26 Oct 2014 in Police, fire fighting in U.S. Is a family business, marcus said:

Maybe the nepotism there isn't as much as it would ssem.

I have heard that part of what gets one in to being a firemen in some places (don't know about LA) is persistence, trying year after year and volunteering etc, just being on a mission to get in.

Probably people with family that's already firemen have knowledge of this route at least in some cases - rather than anything corrupt, and even just the knowledge that if they persist, their chances improve.

I'm not saying that I don't think that the nepotism happens. I'm saying that relatives would end up being highly represented anyway - even if not as highly as they are.

• On 26 Oct 2014 in Homeowner in rich neighborhood tired of passing out candy to poor kids, marcus said:

lostand confused says

Well, what is wrong with what she says? if you are coming in a car from other neighborhoods, that ain't right.

All the future republican entrepreneurs know which neighborhoods give out the best candy.

It's the perfect example of the marketplace at work.

• On 25 Oct 2014 in 85 yr old "Sugar Daddy" tied up and robbed by 17 year old twins, marcus said:

Respect to the guy for going for it at 85.

Gotta kinda respect the girls too though, in a way.

• On 25 Oct 2014 in Who knew that Liberals bore so much open hostilities and antisemitism?, marcus said:

I'm in the process of adding links to my post above - the one I provided before wasn't even the one I thought it was (which I didn't find). Hadn't had my coffee yet. But there is a good sampling of links for you to realize there are a lot of Jewish liberals out there, that strongly oppose Isreali policies towards Palestinians.

CaptainShuddup says

you can be an antisemitic Jew hater if you want

You just think it's funny right ? That people who oppose Isreal's poicies get hit with that anti-semitic bullshit ?

• On 25 Oct 2014 in Who knew that Liberals bore so much open hostilities and antisemitism?, marcus said:

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/jews_against_zionism.html

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/07/jews-stage-massive-anti-war-protests-tel-aviv-new-york-elsewhere.html

http://mondoweiss.net/2010/11/jewish-values-vs-israeli-policies-why-five-young-jews-disrupted-pm-netanyahu-in-new-orleans

http://this-is-not-jewish.tumblr.com/post/34344324495/how-to-criticize-israel-without-being-anti-semitic

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/24/5929705/us-israel-friends

https://www.the-newshub.com/stories/jews-against-israel-1

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/09/us-jews-israel_n_5472866.html

http://jfjfp.com/

http://www.myjewishlearning.com/israel/Jewish_Thought/Modern/Questioning_Zionism/Neturei_Karta.shtml

https://sites.google.com/site/jewsagainstracistzionism/jews-against-the-occupation-

I don't make anything of Kerry's Wife backing those people. Obviously she wouldn't have known about those pamphlets, with him being secretary of state (even in the very doubtful case that she agreed with those messages).

But, just for the record, there are a lot of liberals, including liberal Jewish citizens of Israel that have issues with Israel's policies regarding the Palestinians and their land (and the so called west bank settlements ).

• On 24 Oct 2014 in AIDS from towels-so says Pat Robertson.., marcus said:

HydroCABRON not hydrocarbon says

CaptainShuddup says

Why do people get so bent out of shape over what people say?

I dunno. Tell us!

I don't have the energy to wander through all your effluent here, slogging through the complaints about how Obama joked wrong, did not call Benghazi "terrorism" in time (actually, he did), and disparaged Christmas and breasts.

Let's not forget the tan summer suit. That shit was whack !

( Obama looked too good, was the real issue. it made the captain feel like being white is going out of style )

• On 24 Oct 2014 in Double-digit decreases for gas prices as oil dips lower, marcus said:

CaptainShuddup says

It will be like a fucking miracle when people can go to the grocery store to pick up a few things with just $5 dollars.

And then you woke up.

• On 24 Oct 2014 in Double-digit decreases for gas prices as oil dips lower, marcus said:

CaptainShuddup says

For once this is something that is NOT Obama's fault.

Duh !

Only negative stuff is his fault. That is to say, all negative stuff is his fault. This is happening in spite of how terrible he is, right ?

• On 24 Oct 2014 in Middle Class Wealth Gone!, marcus said:

Bellingham Bill says

Not only will they get the interest -- the 30 year treasury was sold for 5% 2006-2007, but a tax payment hits their net worth while bond buys are neutral to their balance sheet.

MEanwhile this shows the impact on the governments balance sheet, the difference between what was projected before those tax cuts,and what happened. Of course there's the spending on two wars and medicare part D occurring too. Not to mention the spending that Bush and Obama did because of the crash in '08, and also the reduction in revenues due to the recession. So it's hard to isolate exactly how much of the area between the curves is just due to the tax cuts. They do estimate it on the right. Clearly the single biggest factor.

• On 24 Oct 2014 in Obama jokes like an Asshole, marcus said:

CaptainShuddup says

Look I don't care how you guys say it, Obama chopped down the damn Cherry tree and blamed Bush.

So you're saying that historically speaking, for a lot of people he'll be right up there with George Washington ?

• On 24 Oct 2014 in Middle Class Wealth Gone!, marcus said:

Actually it is true, that the amount of money that we put in to "entitlement programs" (with all other spending held equal) is made possible by the level of deficit spending that we do.

That is, given the fact that we are not going to raise that money from current taxation, or we are not going to sacrifice other spending "to pay for it."

I never said these things were independent of eachother.

iwog says

I did read it. It says deficits make lower taxes possible.

It says more than that. It proves this to be a false statement:

"Deficits have nothing whatsoever to do with increasing wealth disparity."

I get that you meant having deficits at all - where as I was referring to increases in the level of defiits.

God this has been one of the stupidist wastes of time.

humanity says

This is so stupid.

Deficits are revenues minus spending (if spending >revenues). It's like your hung up on the impact that spending has on deficits, and I'm simply saying hey, tax revenues sometimes impact deficits too.

• On 23 Oct 2014 in 99 ways to boost pensions in California -- at public cost, marcus said:

I have problem with this and think Brown is right to fight it.

I would like to point out though, that the bar graph might be somewhat misleading. State and local contributions were in many cases reduced for a while when the stock market was booming, form the late 90s to 2000.

This explains at least part of the magnitude of the increases from 02 to 07.

But yeah, they need to do what they can to cut abuses.

• On 23 Oct 2014 in Obama jokes like an Asshole, marcus said:

SoftShell says

Apparently, neither are you.

A L.I.E. is when you say something as if it were true, when you know it is not true.

marcus says

Apparently you're not real clear on what lying means. When you're talking, if you say something that's not true, thet's called a L I E.

Wrong. I really do not believe he knows what lying is. I hear right wingers lying like crazy all the time. An example would be the birther nonsense. It's not about thinking it's true. It's about the fact that maybe some of the republicans core retards or racists might buy it. Maybe it will catch on and as a negative against Obama. That's what's important to you dimbulb liars. It's fun. HE wore a tan summer suit today, can you believe that ! Let's see if that sticks ! Weeeeee.

• On 23 Oct 2014 in Middle Class Wealth Gone!, marcus said:

Thanks a lot CIC. You're too kind. Just trying to refer back to what I said.

Apparently you think that deficits are independent of tax levels. For example if we had a mini revolution, and income taxes were made substantially more progressive, and estate taxes were raised, maybe to kick in at 2 million, and capital gains tax rate were raised significantly, you think that these new revenues would almost immediately be spent, resulting soon thereafter in deficits just as high as they would have been had taxes not been raised ?

Why don't you have the common courtesy to read and comprehend this.

humanity says

Yes, but you're talking deficits versus not deficits (ie simplistic black and white). I'm talking about the magnitude of deficits. But I'm not even saying that larger deficits always cause larger wealth disparity. I'm saying that there are times when larger deficits (ie larger than they would have been with higher taxes) make lower taxes possible. And that during these times the level of the deficit is not independent of the the level of the taxes.

Therefore if wealth disparity has anything to do with how progressive taxes are, it also (sometimes) has something to do with the level of the deficits.

If A and B are not independent of each other and C is dependent on B, then A is not independent of C.

I know that you're smart enough to comprehend what I'm saying.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 382 milliseconds to create.