Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 25 Jul 2014 in Obama Shenanigans on 'Factoryless' Exports, Taxes, Employment, Jobs, marcus said:

Mish says:

I propose elimination of corporate income taxes entirely.

I recently discussed a zero percent corporate tax rate in response to a proposal by Barry Ritholtz regarding a "Fair Tax" structure.

Just when I start to think that even if Mish is evil, he's not THAT stupid, he comes up with this.

Really Mish ? That tired BS ?

What about your theory about automation, which is probably right. Work places are going to be more and more automated, and there will be less and less jobs.

How the hell do we pay for "the commons."

Even if we stop trying to be the worlds policeman and end all imperialism fantasies, of building a world government in our image. Where does government tax revenue come from, if corporations don't pay taxes, and all the jobs are automated, that is with way more done by robots ?

Mish, do you ever think this stuff through before you put it out there ? I know the plutocrats love that noise,..."oh taxing corporations is double taxation," because investors pay taxes on their dividends and capital gains. What total nonsense.

• On 24 Jul 2014 in Example of sustained right wing propaganda screwing up the country, marcus said:

iwog says

Obviously I already knew this, but it's interesting to see actual proof of how this works.

Yeah. The effectiveness of modern day propaganda is by far the scariest development in the past 30 years.

Well no, correction, the scariest thing is that the propaganda is there in such a huge way. How well it works is the second scariest thing.

• On 24 Jul 2014 in Example of sustained right wing propaganda screwing up the country, marcus said:

CaptainShuddup says

I hope that these produce items have made it to the "Bad School" district part of town, and are affordable to the demographic only because there's a greater supply from the farmers, than Whole Foods and Mega Mart can sell. And is not just some grand scheme of Micheleonomics.

Why do you hope it isn't the result of Michelle's campaign ?

Is it because then you would have to give her some credit ?

CaptainShuddup says

I don't think Michele should have been chastising anyone but the food factories that put HFCS, additives and other less then healthful substances in our food supply.

Supprising. You think the President should tell corporation what they should do, or chastise them for not doing it, and that telling the people what they should insist on as consumers is wrong ? Don't you understand that getting the people to agree with you, is the only way (other than legislation) that you can move corporations to make their products healthier.

• On 24 Jul 2014 in Gay is an unhealthy lifestyle., marcus said:

CaptainShuddup says

And Marcus if you're asking me to keep rephrasing what I'm saying until you agree... Don't ever change.

Big surprise.

At least what I wrote had the potential of being comprehended by you

lakermania says

the eat tons of meat and fried food

Both very questionable.

Not so sure about smoking either. Possibly no more than indians.

CaptainShuddup says

then Liberals pretend they don't get your drift.

If you have a legitimate point of view, and are literate, you should be able to argue it in a compelling way.

A good argument against obamacare should take into account the pros and cons, and explain why the cons far outweight the pro side.

But unfortunately you're addicted to such low brow propaganda, that you can't even acknowledge the pro side with out putting the pro side down. This inabilty to acknowledge significant positives with Obamacare in and of itself reflects the intellectual flaw of being way too emotional about a complex issue.

If your main issue is that it's not single payer, or nationalized health care that we should have, I agree. But I think arguing that it's worse than what we had before, makes little to no sense.

I occasionally get a little angry responding to some of your posts, but on those, I usually think I understand what you're saying or mean to be saying.

On that one above, as with many, I honestly had no clue what you were trying to say. Neither do you. When you're trying to translate a vague emotion, that isn't based on valid reasoning, into something that makes sense, it usually comes out that way. Or maybe you're high ?

You're smart enough to see it. But probably never will.

CaptainShuddup says

I'm just regurgitating the Liberal's bullshit argument back to them.

You do realize that you are making no sense whatsoever right ?

CaptainShuddup says

When they like inject their self righteous indignation into people's weight, like's and vices on the moral high ground that these people are somehow impeding their right to cheap healthcare. A baked in excuse for the poor dismal failure of Obamcare and it's poorly executed implementation. But how do you implement bullshit anyway?

Well with higher unregulated prices actually.

zzyzzx says

CaptainShuddup says

Lesbian, gay, and bisexual people may be more likely to smoke, drink excessively,

I always figured that you would have to be pretty drunk or on drugs to want it up the ass.

I take this to mean that you're projecting, and that if your inhibitions were totally gone that you would,...uhhh,...well,... nevermind.

iwog says

like/dislike nonsense

I get at least one dislike on just about every comment, which on many comments is obviously communicating that someone doesn't like me rather than the comment. I couldn't care less.

I occasionally "like" a comment, if I especially like it, and probably should more often, and almost never hit the dislike button, no matter how stupid I think a comment is or how much of a moron I think the poster is.

I doubt that even the majority of people in the 1% think wealth should determine lifespan, but either:

1) They don't want to think about it

or

2) They are willing to accept it as a sad and not so pretty consequence of social darwinism, or some such similar bullshit rationalization.

• On 24 Jul 2014 in The Greatest Health Care system?, marcus said:

In the Captains world, all the people with preexisting conditions, or people of low to low middle income who are incredibly happy with their improved health insurance situation "can just go to 'H' 'E' double hockey sticks."

It's all about him. And when I say that, I mean about 20% his situation and how it has affected him, and the other 80% being his warped emotions and what he gets from his vicious cycle of taking in right wing propaganda and then venting on patnet and then experiencing the backfire effect when his views and emotions get reinfoced by arguing with the homosexual liberal pansy ass communists here on patrick.net.

• On 23 Jul 2014 in All books must be approved by the Democrat branch of the FEC now, marcus said:

Do you ever get curious what the real story is ?

Do you know how to use the internet to find out ? Hint: Fox News might not be your best source of information.

http://electionlawblog.org/?p=63613

http://www.lawandpoliticsupdate.com/2014/07/the-tangled-web-of-paul-ryans-fec-request/

http://washingtonexaminer.com/paul-ryan-asks-fec-for-permission-to-buy-his-own-book/article/feed/2146584

• On 21 Jul 2014 in Video of MH17 Hit by Missile; Update From Jacob Dreizin; Black Box Thoughts, marcus said:

I can see from the front page that there's more noise coming from patrick.net's most dimwitted loudmouthed assholes.

• On 21 Jul 2014 in Samsung and Android has put Microsoft and Windows on notice, marcus said:

casandra says

i switched over to a mac two years ago and i don't even think of computing anymore

If someone is just doing routine internet use, and word processing and not much more, then WIndows is the same, and has been for a long time.

Not to say that the Mac isn't better in many ways (less virus prone, more like unix/linux in simplicity), but if one runs programs that run best in a windows environment, or if one develops programs for windows, then they don't have much choice.

I never used Mac enough to get really used to it (although I use Macs regularly at school for a few things). AS of Windows 2000 (a good OS) knowing where things are (file &directory access) how to do things with task manager or how to look at what processes are running and so on gave the user the feeling that they have some understanding of what's going on. Where as the MAc always felt to me (relatively speaking) like it was designed to be used by children and luddites.

• On 21 Jul 2014 in Video of MH17 Hit by Missile; Update From Jacob Dreizin; Black Box Thoughts, marcus said:

finehoe says

He tries to pass off a one month old Youtube as a video of the shooting down of MH17. Pretty foolish.

He should have said that he got the link in an email from one of his readers.

Oh, wait, I just looked and saw that's what he did.

Sorry about that. I shouldn't comment before reading his blog post first.

• On 21 Jul 2014 in Man arrested for carving a water melon around a Liberal., marcus said:

Agreed that the story has nothing to do with politics.

Not to defend her at all, but since you don't understand the story, I'll interpret it for you.

What she obviously meant by passive aggressive, is that he carved the watermelon in a way that some how implied aggression towards her. Myybe he stabbed it in a way that frightened her. And maybe she had put him through some shit over the drugs in his tool box (did they question him or something?), and maybe he meant to frighten her.

Who knows ?

Not defending her, just as I said, interpreting the story for you.

CaptainShuddup says

How does one Passively aggressively stab a water melon.

• On 20 Jul 2014 in Conservatives and liberals are physiologically different?, marcus said:

Nice

• On 20 Jul 2014 in Conservatives and liberals are physiologically different?, marcus said:

CaptainShuddup says

Tell me about how tolerant the liberals are and how biased the republicans are again, why doncha?

What does tolerating one of the biggest assholes on patrick.net have to do with "tolerance ?"

Also, as you well know, if you're going to be the kind of arrogant and dysfuntional imbecile that can't learn from anyone else, and who goes around constantly gushing hate and ignorance, then you're going to have to learn how to "tolerate" the way that normal people react to you. I guess that adaptation is what passes for high functioning in your world.

Says one of patrick.net's most loud mouthed dimbulbs, while totally avoiding commenting on the OP.

Heraclitusstudent says

To think this is physiological is total BS.

They aren't really suggesting that it's purely physiological. For what they are saying to be true, all it would mean is that there is or are physiological factors that significantly come in to play.

The thing is, we know that bahavior, such as the way one uses their mind can ultimately have a deep physiological impact, so it still wouldn't answer the question of which came first - that personality/physiology or the habit of thinking in those ways.

CaptainShuddup says

Liberals trying to define ANYONE else. Is like listening to a 5th grader describe sex and girls.

THere he goes again, assuming that because they are scientists doing research that they are "libruls."

I do that too I guess sort of. If I find out people are extremely intelligent, I tend to make the assumption that the aren't modern day right wingers.

• On 19 Jul 2014 in Casual Sex Up 83% Since Obamacare, marcus said:

Good example of statistics lying, that is, if they were even serous.

3% I could believe, that is attributable to Obamacare. If casual sex is up 83%, it's not because of Obamacare. Mybe it's because of Miley Cirus. Just kidding.

• On 18 Jul 2014 in Is this that Single payer system?, marcus said:

The backfire effect is strong in this one.

Nobody is arguing that health care isn't too expensive here now. 96% of that too high cost was in place before and is independent of Obamacare.

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/02/aca-impact-on-per-capita-cost-of-health-care/

So Obamacare comes in and says everyone pays (which they would with single payer - through taxes), and it subsidizes the lower income people, and it guarantees coverage of preexisting conditions.

It's messy and not efficient enough, but it's a significant step in the right direction.

I never said that Obamacare was going to be single payer, but I said on more than one occasion, that if Obamacare fails it would probably lead to something way closer to single payer (like medicare for all).

Logically that made going for Obamacare better than sticking with the status quo.

Again, either this works, or the public becomes ready for a slightly more radical change, to something closer to what the rest of the developed world does. We aren't going back. The logic here is not rocket science, but sadly it is out of your reach.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 323 milliseconds to create.