Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 28 Sep 2014 in Calvinism is Nuts, bgamall4 said:

thunderlips11 says

What was the point of Jesus at all? Couldn't the elect simply have been chosen by Yahweh and/or those who followed the Law?

No one could follow the law, only a divine being. That God had that much love reveals His true nature toward the elect.

thunderlips11 says

In other words, people suffer because God is a self-important artist who creates the beings he then tortures on a whim for the benefit of his own "Art".

But thankfully, such an entity does not exist.

But God did not create sin.

• On 28 Sep 2014 in California protesters block Israeli-owned ship from docking, bgamall4 said:

thunderlips11 says

It's all been predetermined. We exist in a state of Total Depravity and Divine Sovereignity. Why complain? Are you opposed to God's Plan?

I am not complaining. While I believe in obeying the laws of the land, hopefully the protests can remain peaceful.

• On 28 Sep 2014 in Israeli ship unloading blocked in Oakland, bgamall4 said:

Peter P says

Anti-business protestors are disrupting commerce again. I don't see how this is free speech. There needs to be more regulations against willful obstructions.

I think it is great.

Ceffer says

Who cares what twisted shit religions try to shove down your throat.

On the contrary, predestination insures nothing is shoved down anyone's throat. The elect will believe and the rest won't. It is simple. The Calvinists, the legalists, did try to convince people to stand in the way of grace which is a crock of crap. That is almost free will so they could get a lot of followers. Spurgeon believed that someone could have a wet eye because he did wrong and that means he was called to be a Christian. He had thousands listening to him, much like the Billy Grahams of today. But he was no less deceived. Election means you can't do anything to help yourself be saved.

The command is to believe in the Lord, but only God can make the command reality for a very few.

Quigley says

I prefer the concept of free will, because it takes the onus of evil from God and puts it back on man.

Everyone prefers the doctrine of free will, since people have the power to be saved whenever they decide. But, alas, it isn't the teaching of scripture.

The point is, all human kind is fallen. God could have chosen none of us. He chose a few to make his power known.

thunderlips11 says

Take for instance their whole notion of a completely sovereign God. God does everything…everything. There is no room for human causation…none. It’s all been planned in advance, and God executes everything according to his eternal plan, which he has always had. Nothing can happen outside of God’s plan…nothing. He’s in complete control of everything that happens. If it happens in our world or in heaven, then God planned it, and he did it…everything.

Calvinists will argue that human beings desire to do the things that they do, and so God is not to be blamed when they do evil deeds, even if God decreed that they should do them. However, when pushed on this Calvinists will also recognize that God decrees that human beings also DESIRE to do everything that they do.

First of all, calling it Calvinism or Augustinianism is deceiving. I believe in predestination, in absolute predestination. However, the Augustinians were legalists and lost. The Calvinists were Augustinians! There are very few people predestined. These people are the only historical Christians I could find after the early church. Now, many unpublished people could have been like minded: http://www.newcovenanttheology.com/p/1646-first-london.html

You have to understand that predistination was taught everywhere because the early church taught it. Romans 9 is clear:

6 But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel, 7 and not all are children of Abraham because they are his offspring, but “Through Isaac shall your offspring be named.” 8 This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring. 9 For this is what the promise said: “About this time next year I will return, and Sarah shall have a son.” 10 And not only so, but also when Rebekah had conceived children by one man, our forefather Isaac, 11 though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad—in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls— 12 she was told, “The older will serve the younger.” 13 As it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

14 What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means! 15 For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” 16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion,[b] but on God, who has mercy. 17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” 18 So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills.

19 You will say to me then, “Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?” 20 But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?” 21 Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? 22 What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory— 24 even us whom he has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles? 25 As indeed he says in Hosea,

“Those who were not my people I will call ‘my people,’
    and her who was not beloved I will call ‘beloved.’”
    26 “And in the very place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’
    there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’”

27 And Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: “Though the number of the sons of Israel[c] be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant of them will be saved, 28 for the Lord will carry out his sentence upon the earth fully and without delay.” 29 And as Isaiah predicted,

“If the Lord of hosts had not left us offspring,
    we would have been like Sodom
    and become like Gomorrah.”
    Israel's Unbelief

30 What shall we say, then? That Gentiles who did not pursue righteousness have attained it, that is, a righteousness that is by faith; 31 but that Israel who pursued a law that would lead to righteousness[d] did not succeed in reaching that law. 32 Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as if it were based on works. They have stumbled over the stumbling stone, 33 as it is written,

“Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense;
    and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.”

From Bible Gateway translations.

So, here is the deal, the children of promise are saved, the elect, and the children of flesh, the lineage of Jews, is lost. Zionists are lost, because they come from the Talmudic tradition started by the Pharisees. God hates that spirit and will judge the current unbelievers in Israel very harshly.

The elect are both Jew and Gentile, but very few are inwardly chosen, being convicted of their unbelief towards Christ.

• On 27 Sep 2014 in This Really Depressing Graph About the Economy Is Turning Heads, bgamall4 said:

FDR also said:

"The money changers have fled from their high seats in the temple of our civilization. We may now restore that temple to the ancient truths. The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply social values more noble than mere monetary profit."
    First Inaugural Address (4 March 1933).

and:

"In my Inaugural I laid down the simple proposition that nobody is going to starve in this country. It seems to me to be equally plain that no business which depends for existence on paying less than living wages to its workers has any right to continue in this country. By "business" I mean the whole of commerce as well as the whole of industry; by workers I mean all workers, the white collar class as well as the men in overalls; and by living wages I mean more than a bare subsistence level-I mean the wages of decent living."

and:

"We had to struggle with the old enemies of peace—business and financial monopoly, speculation, reckless banking, class antagonism, sectionalism, war profiteering. They had begun to consider the Government of the United States as a mere appendage to their own affairs. We know now that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob. Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me—and I welcome their hatred."

FDR said class warfare came from the top, and that war profiteering and financial speculation caused the elite to believe that the US government was merely an appendage to their own affairs. FDR viewed organized money as being as dangerous as an organized mob. He was a great American

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Franklin_D._Roosevelt

• On 26 Sep 2014 in This Really Depressing Graph About the Economy Is Turning Heads, bgamall4 said:

SoftShell says

No, I don't mean that so I guess my brain is intact, you know??

bgamall4 says

If you mean it ruins the graph you are soft in the brain, you know?

Lol, I will accept that.

• On 26 Sep 2014 in This Really Depressing Graph About the Economy Is Turning Heads, bgamall4 said:

JH says

Yay looks like Mr Reagan fixed everything for us and put America on sound footing moving in the right direction. Every 2016 candidate who references him should get a medal.

Lol, yes, and it may interest you to know that he signed the law that allowed liar loans to be a means of finance. It was imported Thatcherism and part of the Reagan Revolution.

If he had lived to see the damage it did would he have gone back to being a New Dealer?

• On 25 Sep 2014 in This Really Depressing Graph About the Economy Is Turning Heads, bgamall4 said:

SoftShell says

This is damning evidence.

SoftShell says

middle class jobs exported to foreign soil as low class jobs.

no middle class wages anymore skew the graph.

technology and outsourcing killed the middle class.

This part I agree with, Softshell, it is evidence that means the wealthy are gaining too much wealth and power and could destroy the greater economy.

• On 25 Sep 2014 in This Really Depressing Graph About the Economy Is Turning Heads, bgamall4 said:

SoftShell says

no middle class wages anymore skew the graph.

What do you mean by skew? If you mean it ruins the graph you are soft in the brain, you know? It is a fact that middle class jobs moved and the wealthy made bank. It doesn't skew the graph. It makes the graph a big worry.

deepcgi says

Baseless fiat currency served FDR's purposes as well in his time as it does the most wealthy in ours.

If your belief is that while it's ok to deficit spend, as long as it is spent on the poor and underemployed, then I can see your point, while still disagreeing with your conclusions.

biggest jump happens between the late 70's and early 80's. Hm... Right after we mastered the art of controlling runaway inflation...

FDR's reputation was destroyed recently by banksters who wanted to deregulate and pointed to the depressionary situation we were in in the 1930's. But I know for a fact that FDR was respected and he saved a lot of Americans from despair and destruction. FDR was a president who acted like the US was sovereign. He didn't behave like the banksters ran it.

Taht is what was different about then compared to now.

thunderlips11 says

Sacrifice banksters to the Market God, as personified by a Hawaiian Volcano - Dynamic Energy.

If it would pay off their trillions of debt racked up to the American people I would sacrifice them. But alas, the volcano god is greedy as well. :)

FortWayne says

That's nature of monopoly, isn't it.

A pretty sad graph.

Teddy Roosevelt and FDR would not have permitted this.

• On 23 Sep 2014 in Arab Bank found liable by US court in Hamas attacks. Evil Zionists did it, Gary., bgamall4 said:

Strategist says

We support brutal dictators where the alternative is a greater evil. Take the example of Jimmy Carter lifting his support for the brutal Shah of Iran. He got replaced by Khomeini, an animal 100 times worse, resulting in a progressive country like Iran getting dragged back to the 7th century.

Our first choice is always a true democracy. Where not possible, our choice is a lesser evil dictator.

You don't understand. The Rothschilds and Rockefellers and their Zionist project are the most condemned of all because only they seem to want to take the risk of world destruction by risking WW3 to gain world dominnce. You can't see the forest for the tree in your eye, Strategist. Yinon Zionism is the most destructive doctrine of our age. It carries the most risk, the most deaths, the most dislocations.

• On 22 Sep 2014 in Arab Bank found liable by US court in Hamas attacks. Evil Zionists did it, Gary., bgamall4 said:

But they then refused to build the pipeline, giving Cheney motive for 9/11.

• On 22 Sep 2014 in Arab Bank found liable by US court in Hamas attacks. Evil Zionists did it, Gary., bgamall4 said:

Strategist says

bgamall4 says

Strategist says

lostand confused says

Who is going to hold the US gubmnt accountable for training the Taliban??

Why would we train a terrorist organization? Is there any logical explanation?

Because you believe in regime change.

So we trained the Taliban to commit terrorism against us because we wanted regime change in some Mid East country.

Would you like to try again after putting some thought into it?

Unocal paid for the Taliban to be trained to take over Afghanistan after the Russians left. They were even invited to, and went to, Texas in 1997: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/west_asia/37021.stm

Strategist says

lostand confused says

Who is going to hold the US gubmnt accountable for training the Taliban??

Why would we train a terrorist organization? Is there any logical explanation?

Because you believe in regime change.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 4319 milliseconds to create.