comments by clambo

clambo   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Jul 2014, 1:30am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (3)   Dislike (1)     Comment 1

In case you haven't lived in Mexico as I have, poor parents frequently see their children as income producers/free labor/future social safety net providers.

For this reason, some poor have too many children.

Either way, the parents sending kids to the USA are hoping to create some "anchor children".

You likely don't, but sometimes I watch the news on Univision and other Mexican-American broadcasters. They are constantly talking about immigration reform from Obama.

The other thing you may not know is that Mexico is descending into chaos and anarchy. It's become a dangerous hell hole when before 2008 it was mostly a poor place with some nice sights and beaches.

clambo   befriend   ignore   Fri, 27 Jun 2014, 6:12am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Comment 2

When you are paid to write, you sometimes are clutching at straws to find topics.

I think although soccer sucks mostly, the premier league in England was fun to watch.

In the U.S.A., some pro sports are completely unwatchable: NBA basketball is one. NFL is losing it, there are too many commercials and now they are putting in too many rules, too many instant replays, etc.

It's boring to watch most sports anyway, but since in soccer it's hard to score it's kinda fun to see them all trying.

I like college football if I watch sports at all.

clambo   befriend   ignore   Fri, 13 Jun 2014, 4:05am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 3

He's a muslim?

clambo   befriend   ignore   Thu, 12 Jun 2014, 1:52am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike (2)     Comment 4

The minimum wage question was just a typical liberal nonsense question.

The voters do not care about the minimum wage.

The voters care about 1. jobs/unemployment (92 million out of the workforce) 2. the USA economy 3. energy prices 4. food prices 5. national sovereignty (not invasion of illegal alien illiterates).

No one knows what the minimum wage is in Texas and nobody cares, they only know that the place has 1. 5% unemployment 2. no income tax.

The horseshit, lies, nonsense and anti-American nonsense spouted by liberal fools is just become so absurd even liberals who aren't on welfare or disability are beginning to revolt.

clambo   befriend   ignore   Wed, 11 Jun 2014, 6:14am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (3)   Dislike     Comment 5

Two fat whales can't have a "cat fight", they have "flipper fights" or "blubber bashes" etc.

Somewhere a circus is missing its fatman/fatwoman tag team.

clambo   befriend   ignore   Tue, 10 Jun 2014, 12:51pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 6

If I were in your shoes, I would approach the idea differently.

I would take all my money and invest in stock mutual funds. Depending on your risk tolerance, you can choose among "growth" "value" "dividend growth" "index" or "balanced" funds. Balanced fund examples: T.Rowe Price Capital appreciation, Dodge&Cox balanced, Vanguard Wellington.

In 20 years you should have a huge chunk of change to use to buy a place somewhere should you wish to.

Being a landlord has joys and also headaches.

clambo   befriend   ignore   Fri, 6 Jun 2014, 5:43am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 7

Oh, I forgot:

For sleeping soundly at night: Vanguard Wellington Fund (balanced)

If you hate a 1099 Div. from the dough: Vanguard Tax managed balanced.

clambo   befriend   ignore   Fri, 6 Jun 2014, 5:41am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (5)   Dislike     Comment 8

Vanguard Dividend Growth fund
Dodge&Cox Stock Fund
Fidelity Contrafund
T.Rowe Price Capital Appreciation.

OR: Vanguard Index Total Stock Market.

clambo   befriend   ignore   Fri, 6 Jun 2014, 4:24am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (4)   Dislike (2)     Comment 9

Even most of the bleeding heart koolaid guzzler people I know think Obama's inept.

Inept is of course a compliment. He's beyond that, he represents everything wrong about liberals.

He hates success ("you didn't build that!), he hates white Americans, he hates our country because he won't defend its sovereignty. He hates our founders, he hates the constitution, he likes muslims, he likes terrorists/despots/kings.

He does like pretending to be presidential however, Normandy is of course nice to visit this time of year, although actually anytime it's pretty nice.

clambo   befriend   ignore   Thu, 5 Jun 2014, 3:51pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 10

Bullish on stocks is a no brainer since 2008.

clambo   befriend   ignore   Thu, 5 Jun 2014, 5:37am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 11

That 25% is 1. realtors 2. builders who employ illegals 3. underwater people.

clambo   befriend   ignore   Thu, 5 Jun 2014, 4:51am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 12

Nobody likes paying taxes unless they're completely nuts.

Liberals don't like paying them either: they just vote to make RICHER people pay them.

Texas is nice, but man it's goddamm hot after I've gotten used to 68F summers.

clambo   befriend   ignore   Tue, 3 Jun 2014, 2:57am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (5)   Dislike     Comment 13

He deserted.

The scary thing is that there may be other guys who have deserted and Obama can use them as a pretext to let more guys out of Gitmo who deserve to be executed, not released.

This is an impeachable move by Obama by the way, the law clearly says that Obama must tell Congress of his plans to release people from Gitmo 30 days in advance.

Despite the dimwits who love Obama, the president is not an elected king who can do whatever his whims dictate.

Even Jimmy Carter is happy, Obama is making him look good which is really amazing.

clambo   befriend   ignore   Tue, 3 Jun 2014, 2:53am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 14

She's a dimwit who just paid $300 for shooting off her big mouth.

clambo   befriend   ignore   Mon, 2 Jun 2014, 4:37am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 15

Low interest rates encourage no consumer activity since credit card rates are still much higher than prime.

The Fed is keeping banks healthy and enabling Obama/Pelosi/Reid to keep spending like drunken sailors.

What stimulates people to consume instead of save? High inflation.

clambo   befriend   ignore   Mon, 2 Jun 2014, 3:49am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (3)   Dislike (1)     Comment 16

So the bad guys will go back to cause more trouble and we got a deserter in return? Even for Obama this was stupid.

clambo   befriend   ignore   Sat, 31 May 2014, 12:49pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 17

Stocks do well when interest rates are low or falling.

clambo   befriend   ignore   Sat, 31 May 2014, 4:52am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 18

If you use synthetic, it should be OK but of course if leaks develop you're outta luck.

You can go longer between oil changes with synthetic, e.g. 5000 miles.

Synthetic is good if you live in very cold areas, the stuff stays loose enough so you can crank the car over. I once lived in NH and regular oil would turn viscous at 30 below.

If synthetic is about the same price as regular oil then I'd use it.

clambo   befriend   ignore   Sat, 31 May 2014, 4:47am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (3)   Dislike     Comment 19

The panic over the Northern Hemisphere Cooling in the 70's was over the lack of rain in the southern hemisphere which led to lower crop harvests. The concern was worldwide hunger caused by cooler earth temperatures.

Of course you've all heard of "El Nino"=a warm sea phemonenon which of course can cause high rainfall up here.

Global warming hysteria is a huge hoax and a con. Whether the idiots like Obama and Gore actually believe in it I don't know. I do know there's no scientific evidence that we have to worry about anything from global warming except rising sea levels.

clambo   befriend   ignore   Thu, 29 May 2014, 6:02am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 20

If you read my post carefully, the word used was "contents" not the balances of your checking accounts.

The IRS has only to request the balances from your bank. The IRS can also seize your balance without your permission.

My point is that the IRS has knowledge of all of your accounts and therefore can quickly find out the entirety of the information related to the accounts. The exception was an annuity contract.

Was my clarification sufficient for your understanding?

Re:checking account transations. All of these are instantly available to the IRS if they decide to conduct an audit on you.

Brokerage transations are reported to the IRS also, not just the dividends you are paid.

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about