comments by CL

CL   befriend (13)   ignore (0)   Wed, 3 Feb 2016, 4:44am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 1

If PPACA is such a profit driver for MEGACORP insurance Corp, why are insurance companies leaving PPACA? Complaining they can't make money under all those mandates (also a topic pushed by right wingers)?

Subsidies to the "very poor" go up to ~ 100k income +- I believe, which is fat and happy in shitty states, like Indiana.

CL   befriend (13)   ignore (0)   Thu, 28 Jan 2016, 6:31pm PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Comment 2

You forgot their penchant for buggery!

CL   befriend (13)   ignore (0)   Sun, 17 Jan 2016, 3:55pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 3

Small, male and woody. Sounds very Republican!

CL   befriend (13)   ignore (0)   Thu, 14 Jan 2016, 4:41am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 4

Yeah! He should've assertively told her "I'm going to masturbate you!"

Chicks love assertiveness.

CL   befriend (13)   ignore (0)   Wed, 13 Jan 2016, 7:31am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 5

Couldn't she spend down that money pretty quickly? If so, are there things she could buy like said fridge or furniture that would put her back into being poor enough for bennies?

Also, what would her prospects be via PPACA? PPACA subsidies go up to almost 100K for certain families as a multiple of the FPL. At their roughly 15K in earnings, wouldn't they be able to get that fancy private insurance?

Wouldn't one "answer" be for the donors to donate enough to pay for her shit?

CL   befriend (13)   ignore (0)   Sat, 26 Dec 2015, 9:10am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 6

That's only Mahayana, but Buddhism also has the small raft, Hinayana.

The Bodhisattva could attain nirvana, but chooses not to so that he can help others instead. Spending time meditating so that YOU can obtain nirvana could be considered selfish, whereas the bodhisattva forgoes even nirvana for himself to help others.

The commonalities in the world religions is that you should choose the road seldom traveled. Paradoxically, the eschewing of self brings about a better self. Lose your self to find your Self.

CL   befriend (13)   ignore (0)   Mon, 21 Dec 2015, 10:18am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 7

The only solution is to arm the dogs.

CL   befriend (13)   ignore (0)   Mon, 21 Dec 2015, 10:04am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 8

The Government overpays for everything and can't do anything right. But if the Government gives you a few weeks of training, a security guard becomes a near-holy government executioner who cannot be paid enough! The miracle of inconsistency!

CL   befriend (13)   ignore (0)   Thu, 17 Dec 2015, 1:00pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 9

deepcgi says

The new trillion dollar budget deal is QE by another name - an attempt to bring more of it to Main Street. The cash comes from the same place...nowhere.

I don't see how any of that is remotely true. What do you think QE is? And the budget comes from real money (even in deficit), not an asset swap.

CL   befriend (13)   ignore (0)   Thu, 17 Dec 2015, 10:59am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 10

Thanks all!

CL   befriend (13)   ignore (0)   Wed, 16 Dec 2015, 9:05am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 11

Tenpoundbass says

the said person is a white republican or not.

White Republicans worry more about which brown person to hate, who to be afraid of today, how to find time to count their money, and how to cover up the abortions they say they don't have, while paying for the coke and hookers they don't partake in.

Ironman says

That's why most banks want to handle the tax payments as part of the mortgage, so they don't get "stuck"

But if the homeowner defaults, the bank still gets "stuck" with the bill as part of the mortgage, right?

CL   befriend (13)   ignore (0)   Tue, 15 Dec 2015, 2:58pm PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 12

turtledove says

A person with a $25 lien on your home could technically foreclose.

Wouldn't it stand to reason that anyone with a $25 debt (in the argument it was about a supposed $500 bill), would be able to get cash out of their equity and pay such a bill? Unless they had already gotten into HELOC trouble or whatever?

She was basically saying the home was going up for auction with very little time, simply due to a property tax bill. I personally have never heard of that (but what do I know?), and think they would choose other remedies, like have the bank deal with it in most cases.

What does anyone think is the fastest time a Government would act on their own volition to remove someone for an unpaid tax bill? I think if it has a mortgage, it would be a few years really. And if they were insolvent, you would think that bill becomes the bank's. Is that always the case?

CL   befriend (13)   ignore (0)   Thu, 10 Dec 2015, 7:20pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 13

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/07/27/donald-trumps-surge-is-heavily-reliant-on-less-educated-americans-heres-why/?wpisrc=nl_az_most

In the last few weeks, Americans (and the media) have watched in awe as a New York real estate magnate prone to bellicose behavior and hyperbole has become the GOP's leading candidate for the White House. But how did this come to be? A lot of it has to do with education.

CL   befriend (13)   ignore (0)   Thu, 10 Dec 2015, 6:46pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 14

Chump 2016!

CL   befriend (13)   ignore (0)   Thu, 10 Dec 2015, 1:29pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 15

The companies are all fleeing! The teevee man telled me.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sacramento/news/2015/12/08/apples-expansion-is-latest-sign-of-tech-spillover.html?ana=yahoo

Maybe Sacto just got prettier.

CL   befriend (13)   ignore (0)   Fri, 4 Dec 2015, 3:35pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 16

I'm not positive Trump can even spell ISIS, so I bet the MIC will support Hillary. Pretty sure the evangelicals won't believe in him either. That leaves, who? The cap'n?

We'll see, but I don't think he's much of a General Election candidate, and populists tend to ....never win.

CL   befriend (13)   ignore (0)   Fri, 4 Dec 2015, 7:45am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 17

Tenpoundbass says

Dude called me on my Mazda 3 and x5 trying to get me to trade in and upgrade.

It's comming up soon the end of lease. I started asking him about how much was the turn in fees on them going to be, and I had to ask him about 5 times. He really wanted to end that call, that wasn't the direction he was hoping it would go.

What do you mean? If they reach out to you, isn't it normally a pull-ahead offer?

CL   befriend (13)   ignore (0)   Sun, 29 Nov 2015, 11:45am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (2)     Comment 18

Blurtman says

all white kids are wealthy and from stable families.

No. But they get treated differently at the onset/intake.

If there was a rock thrown, and it were a group of all white kids and one black, you know who's getting a ride downtown.

And when the jury decides, there will be bias.

And when sentencing occurs? And if there is no judicial discretion?

And forget appeals or reprieves.

CL   befriend (13)   ignore (0)   Sun, 29 Nov 2015, 8:42am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 19

I think you're reading those wrong. White kids get pre-trial diversion with good lawyers. Hell, white kids get let go at the cop's discretion. The black kids that enter the system are the fortunate ones who were not murdered by the state, or its goons/police.

CL   befriend (13)   ignore (0)   Thu, 26 Nov 2015, 2:19pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 20

There's always global deflation. Then who'll be the sucker? Keep your powder dry, Jason! Also, be rich--it helps A LOT!

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about   Debt Is Slavery