comments by CL

CL   befriend   ignore   Sun, 30 Aug 2015, 7:53am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 1

gsr says

You can't claim New York Times has the same agenda as that of Fox News.

Can't you? These supposed opposite are still in the same general ballpark of ideologies.

Dealbook/Andrew Ross Sorkin and other NYT business section contributors sound awfully Republican in most of their articles. Taibi called Sorkin, "a shameless, ball-gargling prostitute for Wall Street".

That kind of vitriole is normally reserved only for the laissez-faire cocksuckers on the Right.

CL   befriend   ignore   Sat, 29 Aug 2015, 8:08am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 2

Vicente says

Pension plans were pretty safe.

But we ditched almost all of those, so we could chase pie in the sky 401K fantasies.

I don't remember ditching it. Did we vote on ending pensions? I also can't figure out who'd benefit from access to all that retirement lucre!?! 😜

CL   befriend   ignore   Thu, 27 Aug 2015, 6:20am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 3

You're narrow minded! These people do the jobs the rest of us won't do. Who wants to play golf, spend money, and screw? That's not for me or my friends!

As an aside, women don't want to be billionaires any more than they want to be executives or in congress or President. They know that men have the moxie to be such things, and that they should just marry those men if those men find them desirable.

CL   befriend   ignore   Thu, 20 Aug 2015, 8:37pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (2)     Comment 4

Guns are for guys with tiny pee-pees.

CL   befriend   ignore   Tue, 18 Aug 2015, 5:58am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 5

You could say the same about (who was it Kingston?) who gave all their employees 25k a while back. They gave it to long term as well as recently hired employees. The injustice is palpable!

CL   befriend   ignore   Sun, 16 Aug 2015, 6:48pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 6

thunderlips11 says

Yeah, cops shooting unarmed people over and over again has little to do with it.

It's the TALKING that did it.

CL   befriend   ignore   Sun, 16 Aug 2015, 9:56am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 7

What a parasitical mooch!

CL   befriend   ignore   Thu, 13 Aug 2015, 8:19am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 8

I'm pretty sure that if the pole fell due to urine, it wasn't human urine.

CL   befriend   ignore   Thu, 13 Aug 2015, 6:20am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 9

What kind of car? If it's not custom I don't see why you wouldn't.

It would be interesting to have you compare dealer prices to Costco's. I think I heard Costco is good, but I know that dealers suck.

CL   befriend   ignore   Tue, 11 Aug 2015, 4:37pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 10

Aren't immigrants consumers as well as employees? Don't they buy goods and services as well as produce goods and services? Doesn't discounted labor mean more money for high-skilled labor, investment and expansion?

Doesn't cheaper labor reduce say, food costs? Which puts more dough in the other consumers' pockets?

Isn't immigration, at least from Mexico, still at effectively net-zero?

CL   befriend   ignore   Tue, 11 Aug 2015, 7:11am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 11

I think they should get rid of this crop and put a new slate of 2 dozen idiots up there. Like a do over.

Or maybe the Republican voters should choose Hillary. She was a Goldwater girl after all.

CL   befriend   ignore   Fri, 7 Aug 2015, 4:51am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Comment 12

HEY YOU says

Was the Falls a Rep/Con/Tea? "If so,then he must be innocent!"

Were the victims black? If so, why were they hooking? Should've stayed in school. Got what they deserved, assuming the serial killer is white, that is.

It also proves that all hookers should be armed. If hookers aren't armed, only serial killers would be armed. And who can stop a bad guy with a gun except a hooker with a gun?

Tautology 2016!!

CL   befriend   ignore   Thu, 30 Jul 2015, 3:45pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Comment 13

bgamall4 says

So, I hate to tell you this, Wayne, but you don't know what you are talking about.

You should love to tell him that, since this Bircher anti-immigrant shit is ridiculous. They're just down on Brown and being flat-out racist is not as cool as it once was, outside the shrinking base of the Republican Party anyway.

Chump 2016!

CL   befriend   ignore   Thu, 30 Jul 2015, 3:40pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 14

CaptainShuddup says

Where were the parents? Why would they drop a kid off at a grown man's hotel room while he was dressed in a patchwork Bathrobe and wearing a Rerun hat from "what's happening"?

How old were the victims? "Look out at Mr. Cosby's house...he might slip you a mickey and rape you!"

CL   befriend   ignore   Wed, 29 Jul 2015, 12:51pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 15

Call it Crazy says

“He says what’s on his mind. He gives honest answers rather than prepared answers. This is more important than anything any candidate has done in years.”

Honest? Which position has he held that hasn't changed with time or audience? The problem with the rightwing is they want blurting, not substance. The Palin effect.

Trump is either stupid, megalomaniacal, or working the rightwing like a carnival barker. Probably all 3, and yet the idiots can't get enough.

CL   befriend   ignore   Wed, 29 Jul 2015, 12:47pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 16

Conservatards just can't figure out who they hate/want to alienate the most. Is it Mexicans? Blacks? Women? I bet they go for the trifecta, or even add Asians.

CL   befriend   ignore   Tue, 28 Jul 2015, 8:29am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 17

Ceffer says

ASSHOLE behavior yields ASSHOLE results.

Don't disparage our men in blue!

CL   befriend   ignore   Mon, 27 Jul 2015, 5:12pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 18

socal2 says

But most Liberals I know still support Bill Clinton despite having numerous women accuse him of sexual harassment. Even when Clinton is on the Rolodex of a convicted pedophile (Epstein) and took flights to his orgy island, they still defend Clinton

I think that's spurious reasoning. I'm sure Denny Hastert is on a lot of people's speed-dials, and in addition to 2nd in line to being President, was the longest serving Republican Speaker in history. Fellow Illinois Congressman, Dan Crane, had sex with an underage (17 year old) page.

And the so-called "liberal media" has barely been talking about the cluck-clucking that accompanies a Clinton. Can you imagine if Hastert were a Democrat? This would be a result of liberalism's lack of Jeevis and morals, and indictment of Democrats' worldview.

socal2 says

I don't see many Conservatives sticking up for Cosby now that there are so many accusers who have come forward.

You agree they did though, at first?

CL   befriend   ignore   Mon, 27 Jul 2015, 4:43pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (2)     Comment 19

I thought internal debt was comprised of borrowing from things like the trust fund, intergovernmental "debt". The fund would get paid interest like any lender, except that the US is such a safe haven, that SSTF would get low interest in return for the AAA rating from the agencies (which I assumed was the only kind of transaction they'd be allowed to be involved in).

CL   befriend   ignore   Sun, 26 Jul 2015, 7:19am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 20

Patrick says

Shopping for dinner I noticed they really eat every part of the animals.

We do too, it just might be in your hot dog, taco or lunch meat.

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best of   about   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net