comments by Robber Baron Elite Scum

Robber Baron Elite Scum   befriend   ignore   Sat, 31 Oct 2015, 8:50pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 1

bgamall4 says

They are like cashless societies, totalitarian.

Exactly asshole. That's exactly why I fucking love it (driverless cars)...

I want you peasants to be kept in-check.

Robber Baron Elite Scum   befriend   ignore   Sat, 31 Oct 2015, 4:16pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 2

thunderlips11 says

Who Ethnically Cleansed hundreds of thousands Palestinians from their country?

Robber Baron Elite Scum   befriend   ignore   Sat, 31 Oct 2015, 4:15pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Comment 3

You fail to mention that driverless cars while having a higher accident rate, they have a very significant reduction in the fatalities. Conventional cars are involved in a lot more serious accidents. The driveless car accidents are extremely minor and nobody was ever injured.

Driverless cars will stop drunk driving, stop road rage, prevent idiots from getting behind the wheel, have less traffic on the road, increase gas mileage - making it more environmentally friendly and it will also like I said significantly reduce the fatalities to close to nothing.

Car makers developing driverless cars are doing everything they can to make the fatalities to pretty much zero. They can release the cars right now but they do not want too because of a potential liability should something go wrong and result in a horrific accident - resulting in a very costly lawsuit.

Robber Baron Elite Scum   befriend   ignore   Fri, 30 Oct 2015, 1:10pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 4

Just bought an iPhone 6s Plus contract free. Had a outdated blackberry. I don't really use text nor am I glued to my new smartphone like a teen.

Robber Baron Elite Scum   befriend   ignore   Fri, 30 Oct 2015, 12:51pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 5

Home & Car REALTORS love playing games. Well, I like to play a game too.

Robber Baron Elite Scum   befriend   ignore   Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 8:48am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 6

Strategist says

All car dealers are crooks. It makes no difference which crook you buy from.

Took the words out of my mouth!

Robber Baron Elite Scum   befriend   ignore   Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 8:29am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 7

Strategist says

What will it be?

I'm actually thinking to go undercover as a REALTOR...

Robber Baron Elite Scum   befriend   ignore   Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 8:27am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 8

landtof says

did you meet the owner? if not, he was likely taking his ferrari from his mansion down to his yacht.

This is the owner: John Staluppi

He is in the yacht business as well. He isn't self-made: his dad gave him all the equity in the house so he could go and start a business. His philanthropy is bullshit and mainly for tax benefits along with publicity.

I actually lost one sale when I told a customer that our dealership is owned by the New York Auto Giant and that owner of it is John Staluppi. The customer was a retired police officer and said that your owner is a scumbag and I am actually in the middle of a lawsuit with the New York Auto Giant.

He told me that I'm a nice guy and it's not you but its your dealership.

After the customer left, I was yelled at by management.

Hey... It's not my fault your owner is a scumbag. I actually also went to a car show in Oyster Bay, NY for the dealership. I had to take a Prius and advertise it to the foot traffic. I had a New York Auto Giant banner up and one guy with his wife actually told me "Sorry but we don't buy from John Staluppi."

The owner of the dealership himself is a crook from what I can see.

The owner has a huge yacht himself.

Robber Baron Elite Scum   befriend   ignore   Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 7:58am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 9

Some more observations from my experience...

If you don't get the customer to test drive, you get berated by the manager. If you don't get a credit card held hostage, you get shit from the manager. If you let the customer leave with your business card without telling manager coming to hold them hostage in the dealership, you get berated as well.

"We don't want to hear that the guy is a tirekicker or not buying, nobody walks into a dealership just for the heck of it." - Actually tons of people walk into a dealership just so they can drive the cars. One customer even told me he used to go into dealerships with just the intention of being able to ride the cars.

What the dealership doesn't realize is that people have their own free will. If someone defiantly doesn't want to do something, has made up their mind, finalized it in their head and has no intention of doing what you are asking - than no amount of your convincing will get them to do anything. You can't force people to do something, they have to want it as well.

Of course, you still need to be a salesman - but at a certian point no amount convincing can achieve what you want someone to do. By force? Sure!

If the customer refuses to give up their information, you get yelled at by the manager. So the next time you shop for a car, understand that the salesmen are under a lot of pressure so just give them information even if it is bogus and just do the fucking test drive. You don't have to give real information.

Of course, don't give your credit card - the salesman get shit for it but not as much as they other things. They try everyhing in their power not to give you the card back and try to get you to leave a deposit on the car to reserve the car even if the customers wants to think about it.

If you only give the numbers to the customer, you will also get shit for it despite the fact that the customers said no several times to a test drive, demonstration and giving out their information.

Another thing I learned is that the summer months are the busiest while the winter & fall months are the slowest except during the holidays. So a commission only pay is completely absurd. Once septemeber and october comes around, business gets really slow.

I don't understand how the assholes at the dealership's management think commission only is fair to salesmen and customers' interest.

Truth is that the typical high pressure car business is doomed and ready to die once Apple comes out with their cars. I strongly doubt Apple will pay a commission. Instead the will pay a salary only just like Tesla Motors and be more like information givers and consumer orienited rather than trying to forcefully get sales from customers.

I would suprised if they would pressure customers into buying, lie, withhold pricing, give different numbers to each person and hassle the customers.

The car business is already dieing thanks to Tesla Motors but the final nail in the coffin will be once Apple comes out with their car. You will find the Apple stores to be the busiest and the dealerships will literally die a rapid epic death.

Robber Baron Elite Scum   befriend   ignore   Tue, 13 Oct 2015, 8:41pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 10

Patrick says

holy shit dude, you should write a book. really.

a good book on the details might sell well. you have to polish it and target it right, but it would be a public service and a money maker at the same time.

Thanks man for the inspiration! I think I will write a book actually...

I will post it on here once I am done writing it and it is published.

Robber Baron Elite Scum   befriend   ignore   Tue, 13 Oct 2015, 8:23pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 11

SoftShell says

So what's the bad part?

The long hours, the sleazy tactics you must do and the asshole managers who undercut your commission and lie to you about how much commission you really should be getting. Along with many plentiful asshole "customers".

Robber Baron Elite Scum   befriend   ignore   Tue, 13 Oct 2015, 8:18pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 12

curious2 says

Your next job should be selling subsidized medical insurance. It's mandatory so the customer can't say no, and it's always "affordable" because the legislation says so. Be sure to mention your experience working alongside convicted felons, because that will further prepare you for a new career as an Obamneycare Navigator

Robber Baron Elite Scum   befriend   ignore   Tue, 13 Oct 2015, 7:34pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (3)   Dislike     Comment 13

Update: I worked for around 3 months until I finally was fired today for not pressuring customers into buying cars that were unaffordable for them. I sold a total of 7 cars.

Here is what I learned working at a dealership...

The workplace culture is very twisted. Sales managers are power-hungry assholes and psychopaths. The finance managers are also power-hungry and snakes.

A lot of the salesmen are also snakes although a few of them are genuinely taking the best interests of the customers in mind. The Finance managers and sales managers oftentimes steal the newbie salesman's commission and give them the crumbs.

One salesman was fired because he exposed that the finance manager was undercutting the commission of other salesmen. Managers try to take advantage of newbie salesmen.

2 of my coworkers were convicted felons. One for dealing cocaine and they other for a bank robbery. Apparently, the dealership actually prefers convicted felons as a veteran salesmen there told me since they are more likely to be willing to lie and be dishonest with customers.

The honest good salesmen get abused by both the customers and management. Customers think all the salesmen are scum.

While I agree that the majority are scumbags, a small minority of good honest salesmen are genuinely just trying to make a living but do not want to screw people over at the same time.

Some customers are real assholes. I had this one Indian guy who didn't get his unrealistic price, so he left. Calls me a day later but I was with other customers. I call him back, he gives his offer, I present it to my sales manager, it doesn't get approved and I tell him accordingly.

He than says "Why the hell are you calling me than? Don't call me unless you can get my price!" in a rude tone.

I tell him that I called him to return his phone call as a courtesy after which I just hanged up on the asshole once he get got on a boring rant about how he will buy elsewhere.

A car salesmen job is very stressful. Everyone of the salesmen there are stressed and workaholics. You must work 12 hours a day 6 days a week including weekends if you want to make any money. You will not have a enjoyable life with this kind of career. None of my coworkers had any work-life balance.

The salesman at my dealership were on commission only. So they have a lot of pressure to sell is why they do only commission as the dealership only cares about the bottom line - neither the salesmen nor the customer is important.

We are not allowed to tell a customer that buying the car we are selling to them will financially wreck them and it is not in their best interest to buy it. One salesmen was actually fired a week ago for doing just that.

I will reveal the dealership I worked for. It is called the "New York Auto Giant Group" & also has a name of "Atlantic dealership"

To provide a verifiable example of how fucked up the management there is and how fucked up the company culture is....

Below is a news article about a woman who donated a kidney of hers to her boss at the dealership and was shortly fired because she had to take a few days off after getting her kidney removed to be donated to her boss.

Cars at the dealership are also abused a lot. The lot attendants and the salesmen drive the piss out of the cars - redlining it regularly that is later sold to their suckers.

One of my sales managers even said "Well I don't think it's right that we give a very big price difference to certian customers who we think are clueless idiots but it is what it is..."

That should tell you enough.

My suggestion for getting a good deal? Be willing to buy a used car and get it from a private seller. Fuck the dealerships, unless you work there, they will not give you a good deal at all.

Robber Baron Elite Scum   befriend   ignore   Sun, 30 Aug 2015, 7:39pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 14

Think selling cars is easy? Think again.

Car salesman have huge pressure on their sales managers. You are supposed to steer the conversation away from price and towards "value"....

But price has everything to do with value. If something is sold for 10 dollar in all other stores but you are able to purchase at 8 dollars in Amazon... Guess who gets the business?

Amazon! And that is largely the reason why Walmart, Target and Amazon seem to do the bulk of retail business today.

"We don't sell on price..." Common advice given by training from dealership.

What a dealership does is pressure people into buying. As a salesman, you have to control the process as they put it. Don't let the customer dictate or tell you what to do. Tell the customer what to do.

Don't ask for their information - trick them into giving it to you - have them give it to you indirectly. You have to be devious.

If a customer is not willing to give you their information, THEY ARE NOT A FUCKING SERIOUS BUYER! They are tire kickers (yes, we do get them) or they not sure or the person in power to make the decision or they are merely just half-way thinking about or unsure yet - they want time....

You have to be hard selling. Urgency selling. NOW!

When Apple comes out with their own cars, I highly doubt they will ever sell the way cars are sold by dealerships today and in the past.

But guess what? I bet they will sell a shit load of them without any hard selling!

Check out Tesla. They sell directly themselves to the customers without any third-parties. Consumers get a much better price and less game-playing nonsense.

All car manufacturers will soon find it is much more efficient and profitable to sell directly rather than through third-party scumbags.

Of course they are laws put in place halting direct selling to consumers in the automobile business and I'm sure the big major car dealerships are hiring lobbyists to try to keep it that way....

But Tesla is still selling cars directly and trying to sell directly where they are prohibited. The FTC has sided with Tesla as well in being allowed to sell direct.

In fact, cars should be sold online. They should just have you verify your identity for any financing online and that's it. No need to walk into any fucking dealership operated by some third-party.

You can test drive the cars by going directly to the manufacturer's stores. Once car buying is completely online, the car dealership business will be toast...

Third-party operated dealerships will be a thing of the past along with the sleazy high-pressure salesman.

Robber Baron Elite Scum   befriend   ignore   Fri, 21 Aug 2015, 10:06pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (3)   Dislike     Comment 15

Everything I tell you about my dealership may not be EXACTLY what they teach in every dealership but it is pretty much in the ball mark.

Also during negotiation, they tell you to not put the price figure of the car on the attention of the prospect. Only the trade-in value and the down payment and monthly payment. Almost forget that part.

Anyway.... I'll update what happens on Saturday Sale.

Robber Baron Elite Scum   befriend   ignore   Fri, 21 Aug 2015, 9:59pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 16

2 days of training. Just came back after a 12 hour shift today in training and cold calling. Didn't have time until now to post updates.

We have a special one day sale tmrw on Saturday. Did a lot of fucking cold calling for that shit. Found quite a few suckers who want to go.

Here is what I learned more in my training.

1) Do not ever bring numbers to a prospect and than tell them that these are your numbers nor should you ever imply you came up with the numbers. You should tell them your sales manager came up with these numbers. When actually - you went into the back office and just wrote them yourself. The trainer told the training recruits that they should take a black permanent marker and right down the number so it looks like you didn't write. He said to use a different pen so it truly looks like the Sales Manager used it.

2) The recruit trainer said that you MUST make sure the prospect thinks that you are fighting the manager during negotiation, When you actually are not and in fact in the majority of negotiations the sales manager doesn't even have any hand in it. The salesman is just lying that his sales manager came up with these numbers and he needs to get approval from his manager for any reduction or counter offer.

During my cold calls, a seasoned salesman told me to handle call with fake scarcity and to fake that I am talking to manager for extension on the sale.

Robber Baron Elite Scum   befriend   ignore   Wed, 19 Aug 2015, 8:48pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 17

Think of it this way...

If you bought the car for $25,000.

And the car now has 100,000 miles left.

Why would you accept $8,000? (assuming you can even get that).

If you accept $8,000 - you lost $17,000 dollars.

Instead of spending $17,000 just to drive a car to 100,000 miles...

You could have bought a used-car from the get go at 100,000 miles for $5,000 and drive to 200,000 miles with the car mileage at 300,000.
Repair costs - trust me you don't need worry about as long as you bought a mechanically sound used car and you use it sensibly.

You could have saved $20,000 dollars by spending only $5,000 instead of spending $25,000 and only ending up with $8,000 saved (if that).

Why not spend $5,000 instead of $17,000 all to achieve the same result?

Robber Baron Elite Scum   befriend   ignore   Wed, 19 Aug 2015, 8:28pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 18

Strategist says

That very same Toyota Sienna Minivan will be for sale after a couple of months. I already have people who want it.

Perfect condition. Clean cut. Very low mileage. Always maintained. I would use synthetic oil, even though it was not necessary.

I don't expect to get more than $8,000. :(

I would say to keep it. Not worth selling and defiantly not worth trading-in.

After 10 years for low mileage, I'm guessing around 75K miles? It can go another 250K miles as long as it is used sensibly, not abused and oil changes done regularly.

Next-time buy used. I don't suggest leases unless you own a business and can get a tax write-off from it. Even with that said, leases are a horrible deal compared to buying a used car with very low miles and well-kept for $10 grand that can go for another 250K miles easily. Around 15 years of service.

Tell me what fucking lease gives you 15 years of service for $10 grand? Even if they did, once you return the car - they WILL nickel and dime the shit out of you for little scratches and cosmetic damages. You own nothing and may even have to pay at the end from penalties I mentioned.

With a used car that is dead - you can still salvage it and get something even if it's $300 bucks at the end of it's life.

Used cars require hardly any repairs and are reliable as long you bought the right car and knew what to look for. New cars are actually more unreliable and it's where you get the most lemons from actually.

("Trade-ins" by the way are hardly ever compensated by dealers fairly, they basically steal your car by adding the money you think they gave you on what you are buying.)

Robber Baron Elite Scum   befriend   ignore   Wed, 19 Aug 2015, 8:13pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 19

justme says

I mean, in now way isthe "invoice" price what the dealer ends up actually having piad for the car they sell you, right?

LOL... Of course not. Don't be so naive or gullible.

Robber Baron Elite Scum   befriend   ignore   Wed, 19 Aug 2015, 7:59pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 20

In all honesty, cars are always a horrible deal - it just depends on the extent.

Let me explain.

With the new car - you are taking all the depreciation. The value will be gone very very rapidly. Easiest way to lose shit loads of money,

With the leased car - you are avoiding the depreciation but are limited to mileage and are penalized for any excess wear or any kind of damage. After 3 years, you blew around $5-$10 grand but end up owning nothing.

With the used car - For $10 grand, you could buy a honda or toyota used private party that will last for another 300,000 miles or 150,000 miles if a $5 grand used car, if you use the car in a sensible manner. The only problem with used cars is you just have to do a lot more research and know how to determine if the car is mechanically sound, its servicing history, accidents, etc. Other than that, used is much much better than both new and leased in my humble opinion.

Also what is a new car?

There is no such fucking thing! The car salesman, mechanics, delivery guys, customer test drivers - all abuse the cars on the lot. They rev it hard, break hard and drive the piss out of the car. No new cars on the lot have 0 mileage meter. They have around 10-300 mileage - small mileage - sure but defiantly abusive mileage on a brand new engine.

The only way to have a truly new car is to have the dealer order it direct from the manufacturer and have their truck deliver you the car at your home.

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about   Debt Is Slavery