comments by pdh

pdh   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Mon, 15 Apr 2013, 9:54am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 1

justme says

Is anyone starting to wonder whether we are better or worse than the Soviets during the Gulag prison-camp era?

No. Literally zero people are wondering that.

pdh   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Fri, 25 Jan 2013, 1:55am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 2

Call it Crazy says

But the situation is driving his wealthy neighbors crazy.

At least some good came from this.

pdh   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Thu, 24 Jan 2013, 4:54am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 3

robertoaribas says

Not claiming I know everything,

You lie.

pdh   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Wed, 23 Jan 2013, 6:53am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (2)     Comment 4

Go back to your bridge, troll.

pdh   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Tue, 22 Jan 2013, 3:45am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 5

robertoaribas says

My posts, which are on her for the past number of years, show how I've analyzed the market, and how successful my return for such has been.

And what an attention-whore you are.

pdh   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Tue, 22 Jan 2013, 3:23am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 6

CaptainShuddup says

NO I'm saying I "I" I respect people's views and can still be their friend and even ponder it to some extent. Take from it what I can, and then ignore the rest. As I know, you personally can't do dick all that will effect my life. If I have a problem with the Government, I'd be much better off taking my argument to them.

Congratulations on your ability to ponder things, but the only reason this is an issue is that tolerant people like yourself are currently restricting the rights of a group of people. You have the right to have an opinion, and you have the right to express that opinion, but you don't have the right to not be made fun of by smarter people with better opinions.

pdh   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Tue, 22 Jan 2013, 3:11am PST   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 7

CaptainShuddup says

So it sure sounds like bigotry is one of those words that is "I know I am but what are you?"

Liberals discriminate against age(at least the ones here do, they loathe baby boomers, because they might retire and need elder care.)

They discriminate against socioeconomic status, they loathe the 1%'ers and claim that the Poor are of inferior intellect.

Even if one accepted the premise of that entire elaborate straw man, how is saying "old people suck because they need health care" or "poor people are dumb" not less bigoted than saying that gay people shouldn't have equal rights because their lifestyle is dumb/immoral/whatever? Unless you're arguing that liberals don't support the working class or don't support a strong social safety net, which would still somehow not be even in the ballpark of the worst argument you've made here in the last 24 hours.

pdh   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Mon, 21 Jan 2013, 6:48am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Comment 8

CaptainShuddup says

I like how the word bigot has been redefined as well. Apparently you can't host your own opinion, with out actually hating.

Your opinion is that being gay is an immoral lifestyle choice that people make for attention. Look up bigotry in the dictionary.

pdh   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Mon, 21 Jan 2013, 6:44am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 9

CaptainShuddup says

Oh Yeah? Well trying taking all of his money away from him, and see what he has to say about that.

If you took away his money then he wouldn't want the government to take away money from rich people? That's a weird argument.

pdh   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Mon, 21 Jan 2013, 6:31am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Comment 10

CaptainShuddup says

Gays don't want equal rights they want exceptional rights. Where their rights trumps the rights of others to be repulsed by it, or to raise your children to think Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, one which may conflict with the morals of how one might want to raise their children.

The gay rights movement just wants equality. Stopping you from being ashamed of your children or raising them as bigots is not really a part of the agenda.

pdh   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Fri, 18 Jan 2013, 2:05pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 11

Was there a point to all that?

pdh   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Tue, 15 Jan 2013, 8:06am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 12

Peter P says

Most of the successful people started with nothing. My two heroes are the prime examples: George Soros, Dennis Washington

You have to be joking. You think most of the successful people in the United States came from nothing?

pdh   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Wed, 9 Jan 2013, 12:28am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 13

The woman in that commercial is terrifying.

pdh   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Tue, 8 Jan 2013, 1:45pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 14

AverageBear says

Why do liberals dismiss the bad elements in human behavior when it comes to welfare? Why are they afraid of trying to root out waste?

Why do conservatives want to get rid of social programs the minute someone abuses them? Why are they afraid of trying to fix them instead of eliminating them? Generalities are fun.

pdh   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Tue, 8 Jan 2013, 1:36pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 15

Not sure how people having easy access to guns made this situation better.

pdh   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Sun, 6 Jan 2013, 1:25pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 16

AverageBear says

My argument is that I prove welfare fraud exists, where libs say it doesn't.

No "libs" anywhere say welfare fraud doesn't exist.

AverageBear says

They then back-peddle w/ "Well, it's not THAT bad".

Is that better or worse than desperately searching for fraud and then using what little there is as justification to abandon the program completely?

pdh   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Thu, 3 Jan 2013, 5:25pm PST   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike (1)     Comment 17

Republicans don't want small government, they want government to be small when it does things they don't like, which doesn't really move the debt needle at all. If they wanted smaller government they would have done something about it when they had the power to do it.

pdh   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Thu, 3 Jan 2013, 1:58pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 18

Boehner represents only one half of the country that works and gets nothing from the government.

No need for fact checking, everyone! Move along!

pdh   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Tue, 1 Jan 2013, 7:02pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 19

I bet the real surge will be today. I voted "no" because I thought they'd squabble about it a bit more and then backdate whatever they inevitably agreed to but apparently everyone realized what a big hole they'd dug themselves by hyping this nonsense as some sort of armageddon.

pdh   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Tue, 1 Jan 2013, 4:25pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 20

And sold for $640,000 on November 30, 2012.

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about   Debt Is Slavery