comments by YesYNot

YesYNot   befriend (2)   ignore (0)   Fri, 27 May 2016, 4:31am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 1

Sensationalist headline, but the problem is real, and idiots disbelieving science are the primary reason it has not been addressed.
Maybe antibiotic resistance - super gene would be too confusing.

YesYNot   befriend (2)   ignore (0)   Fri, 27 May 2016, 4:23am PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 2

You could put up a big banner in your foyer that says, "My landlord is a cunt. Nothing works. She's threatening to sue me. I'm going to slit my wrists." You could add a little gelatin to beet juice and paint it on an old sheet. I'm pretty sure there is nothing in your lease that specified what decor you are allowed to put up.

Most leases will have something in there about showing the apartment after you give notice. It might specify the terms. We had an open house while tenants were still living in our townhouse. The tenants were OK with it, and we did not let people roam around unattended. Your landlord sounds like a cunt - or at least your relationship with her is in the shitter. Not exactly sure how that happened or who's fault it is.

YesYNot   befriend (2)   ignore (0)   Fri, 27 May 2016, 4:14am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 3

Conservatives have to defend themselves against claims of racism, sexism, etc. Basically, as society changes and one group tries to conserve the status quo, they fight against groups who are fighting for equal rights. So, the claims of racism, sexism, etc. are often (not always true). The conservatives thrash about fighting this, b/c no one wants to think about themselves that way. Under these circumstances, the conservatives love it when a black, gay, woman, or whatever joins their team. They hold them up as proof that they are not racist, sexist, or whatever. Of course, this has literally no bearing on the topic on hand. There will always be black, gay, female conservatives just like there are white liberals. So these guys love people like Milo for reasons beyond his intelligence. He probably wouldn't mind this as long as he gets paid for talking, gets to suck a lot of dick and get ass raped once in a while. I'm kidding. I'm kidding... about getting ass raped. Funny right? That was his joke, so I can't take all of the credit.

YesYNot   befriend (2)   ignore (0)   Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:15am PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 4

Ironman says

Trump will dissect all of Bernie's campaign promises and show they are totally unrealistic and don't stand a chance and aren't based in economic reality. The clueless Bernie voters need a BIG helping of Reality!

Trump wouldn't even try. He'd basically just make Bernie's points about Hillary, and make Bernie agree with him. Bernie wouldn't have a choice if he wanted to look strong in his convictions. Trump would just be trying to draw similarities between himself and Bernie. After a while, Bernie would be fuming trying to attack Trump. After letting Bernie attack him a while, Trump would go to his MO and start making personal attacks of his own. This would be justified, b/c Bernie would have been very not nice to sir Trumps a lot. It would be a spectacle. I'm sure that fox would be interested in hosting it.

YesYNot   befriend (2)   ignore (0)   Thu, 26 May 2016, 9:58am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 5

Since this evidence has not yet risen to the status of theory, are you sure you want to agree with it? After all, even if it becomes a theory, it will still be just a theory. It is probably just greedy scientists trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

YesYNot   befriend (2)   ignore (0)   Thu, 26 May 2016, 7:50am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 6

That's probably the tip of the iceberg. He probably doesn't know why one would want to liquify natural gas in the first place.

YesYNot   befriend (2)   ignore (0)   Tue, 24 May 2016, 2:00pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 7

That is likely to result in pent up demand as well as pent up sexual frustrations.

YesYNot   befriend (2)   ignore (0)   Tue, 24 May 2016, 9:49am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 8

Ironman says

Salon?? Really?? Have they gone to the dark side??

At least your recognize which side is the dark side. Freudian slip?

YesYNot   befriend (2)   ignore (0)   Tue, 24 May 2016, 6:42am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 9

Waitup says

Although this is from The Onion, it is a fact that European Men

This may come as a surprise, but good humor is almost always based on real issues.

YesYNot   befriend (2)   ignore (0)   Wed, 18 May 2016, 6:46am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 10

In this article, it says that the reason it was called rape was this quote from the girl.

“Grant was lying on top of me and I told him that I did not want to have sexual intercourse with him that is unprotected because I am not on any birth control. Although I told Grant no, Grant ended up penetrating me … and I told him to stop. He stopped and pulled out from me immediately. Grant then said to me that if he used a condom, would I be okay with that. I told Grant yes to the condom. Grant placed on the condom and we began to have protected sex at this point which I was okay with it.”

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/04/19/csu-pueblo-grant-neal-suspension-consensual-sex/

Of course, his story is a little different, so it's a he said she said. I agree with the girl that the extreme punishment is over the top. The admins of course are trying to use severe punishment as a deterrent for other people. That's not likely to work. In any case, this type of activity should be renamed, and rape should be broken out into varying degrees like homicides.

I think if the University is going to remove male students like this without trials, they ought to seal the hearings and prevent it from appearing on his record. The guy should at least have the choice of going away quietly or facing an accuser in a court.

YesYNot   befriend (2)   ignore (0)   Wed, 18 May 2016, 6:27am PDT   Like (2)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 11

He posts the same meaningless drivel over and over again and somehow misunderstands why no one wants to read the stupid crap.

YesYNot   befriend (2)   ignore (0)   Mon, 16 May 2016, 10:31am PDT   Like (2)   Dislike (3)     Share   Quote   Comment 12

Ironman says

Trump

Ironman says

is selling his followers a fantasy

You are starting to get it. Good.

YesYNot   befriend (2)   ignore (0)   Sun, 15 May 2016, 5:26pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 13

Ironman says

Lie much?

It's non binding. Trump should know as much. It's just business.

If he were to agree to release his returns in exchange for my vote for some reason, I might do it.

YesYNot   befriend (2)   ignore (0)   Sun, 15 May 2016, 12:19pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 14

If trump shows his tax return I'll vote for him. Otherwise no go.

YesYNot   befriend (2)   ignore (0)   Sat, 14 May 2016, 4:31am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 15

I wonder how many accidents involve white people. Probably a lot.

YesYNot   befriend (2)   ignore (0)   Thu, 12 May 2016, 9:44am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 16

Ironman says

Are you sure it's not from eating too many cheeseburgers?

Are you sure that you are not the offspring of a goat and a snail?

thunderlips11 says

Are they fear mongering evil fascists as well?

Nobody called them fascists, but they were apparently too afraid to deal with the problem the way that health officials recommended. Cuomo at least let health workers go home and he paid them for their time spent not working. thunderlips11 says

Zika spreads through Sexual Transmission

We're talking about doctors and other health workers who were coming home from trips trying to stop the disease, not people coming home from sexual tourism.

YesYNot   befriend (2)   ignore (0)   Thu, 12 May 2016, 9:04am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 17

Trump tried to scare us with Ebola. The fat man that Trump hired to try to make himself look good (Christie) was also a paranoid ass regarding Ebola. Obama just dealt with the problem effectively. Trump is trying to scare us again. It's apparently worked on some people.

As we get more crowded on this planet, we are going to get more problems with microbes. We have dominated all of the large predators, but nature has a way of dealing with population control. A friend of mine already has heart problems due to complications with an h1n1 infection.

YesYNot   befriend (2)   ignore (0)   Thu, 12 May 2016, 7:40am PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 18

Ironman says

The whole Global Warming bullshit is designed as an opportunity to extract MORE money from the population.

With all of the perfectly good ways of extracting money, convincing the world about global warming and getting everybody to make major changes would have to be one of the slowest hardest ways imaginable. The hoax is being run by the Koch bros, invested energy companies, Faux news, etc. to fool you useful idiots into carrying their water. Unfortunately, you will probably die before you get a chance to wise up to the scam.

YesYNot   befriend (2)   ignore (0)   Thu, 12 May 2016, 7:11am PDT   Like   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 19

iwog says

The fact that the most respected climate scientists got it this wrong, this tragically horribly wrong, says they are missing something that is so huge that it's overwhelming the whole system.

Piggy's response to this is moronic, but it was predictable. You're opening the door to stupid shit like that by exaggerating the problems. The models are predicting things well qualitatively. Quantitatively, there will be some errors, and those will let people improve the models. The ice sheet issue is very interesting, and I agree with you that it's happening quickly.

On one hand, you have piggy and his ilk bitching that Al Gore predicted that the ice sheets would be gone to soon. You are complaining that the scientists didn't predict enough melting. The bigger picture is that scientists identified a problem early on (I wrote an essay on it in high school in 1990, so it was widely disseminated at the time). As far as Al Gore goes, his fall from politics was somewhat tragic. He was smart enough to identify the internet as worthy of funding back in the 80s and early 90s, when most people didn't know it existed. He was also smart enough to latch onto climate change as an important issue. I think that identifying opportunities and problems is one of the most important parts of the job of president. It's too bad Gore was such a bad marketer and self promoter.

YesYNot   befriend (2)   ignore (0)   Wed, 11 May 2016, 4:11pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 20

To be fair the fund was based on a Greek recovery. It's not like it was advertised to track the S&P or to be a well rounded fund and instead tracked the Greek recovery. I'm doubting that this was advertised as a low risk bet.

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about   source code  

#housing   #investing   #politics   #economics   #humor  
please recommend patrick.net to your friends