Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 15 Mar 2014 in Yes... by all means, ask a high level insurance exec why ins is expensive..., everything said:

U.S. healthcare - for profit. Ranked 40th worldwide among industrialized nations. It's just about worthless unless you have cancer or their crappy blood tests finally pick up an infection after the damage has already been done. Trick is to let the patient get so bad that it's time to start cutting parts out. Reactive medicine, is about as far from pro-active as it gets. Ethics .. not part of the corporate mentality.
    Also, with GMO's coming on strong, Crohn's, digestive disorders, mental disorders, more cancers, auto immune diseases..
    Just watch the documentary under our skin - open your eyes people.
    http://www.underourskin.com/
    Also on youtube, if you have roku3 or smart tv easily viewed on your TV.
    Leading cause of bankruptcy in the U.S. - medical costs.

I'm with you elliemae, bless you.

• On 15 Mar 2014 in When do homes depreciate if they never go down in value?, everything said:

Definitely, if you want to talk depreciation, think of having to remediate anything pre 1970 that is chock full of lead paint and asbestos, gotta be gutted. Foundations made out of rebar don't and won't last either. Although, cracks in floating slabs are normal, I guess landscaping can help but I nary see a basement that does not leak water .. eventually. They just keep making cheaper, some of these houses from the 50's are pretty solid, but it's all about keeping a good roof on the house, and how about those asbestos siding you still see around. These 10-20 year roof's made with tar .. simply designed to have to be replaced. Now, I see they've got plastic slate for a 50 year roof, vs. clay, 100 year roof, copper nails, etc.
    In Europe they've got roofs that are 500 years old.

• On 24 Feb 2014 in Bank of America Is Slashing 3,000 Mortgage Jobs This Quarter, everything said:

Lol, watch America continue to outsource itself, thinking that's the solution to cutting costs. Service based economy, military economy, borrowing economy, and throw away society, a sign of what is to come one day in the land of more.

Lol2, I don't have money to pay interest to the banks, property taxes, insurance, and ever expensive service based economy upkeep. I'm stretched, I don't care how low rates are. Income went flat and I sold immediately 4 years ago, renting and putting more money into my pocket vs. a house that does not rise in value, just sucks money.

http://www.dailyjobcuts.com/

• On 24 Feb 2014 in Whole Foods: Temple of quackery, everything said:

Lately change.org had a petition for whole foods, apparently, all that expensive prepared stuff they sell, they don't use good ingredients, etc. They also have funny things on the shelves like colloidal silver, but also warnings about it, Whole Foods might be a little more eastern diet vs. western diet without going to all the korean, asian, chinese food stores we now have in town.

I went to whole foods last night, the girlfriend needed something that only that store had. I still bought a bunch of crap, it's all non gmo organic.
    Here is what I went for.

Well being journal 6.95
    Half Gal Coconut milk 3.99
    salad spring mix 3.99
    organic cane sugar 2.25 lb. 7.63
    Black seed soap 4.99
    Herring 6.99
    ginger saurkraut 5.39
    banana .92
    cucumbers .92
    quinoa 1 lb. 4.61
    radishes 2.00
    tomatoes 4.19
    walnuts 4.92
    bottle white wine (italy), 14.99
    The craziest thing I bought was a loaf of paleo bread for 8 bucks, but I don't eat much bread and that will last me two weeks. The whine was so good me & gf sucked it down pretty fast between us.

I don't go to whole foods often, to spendy, it's a rare treat, we have a local co-op that I go to instead, also a hy-ve, so I change up some, depending on where the better deals are. Lately I've changed over from the cheap soaps to goat soap, tired of the other cheap crap.

I'm spending more, but my health is getting funny, and I'm trying to live better. On the other hand, health can be easier than you think, and you don't need to shop at whole foods or go completely organic, just got to learn to get smart about your health, stay away from certain foods, learn how to cook good meals, etc., something many Americans refuse to do.

• On 28 Jan 2014 in All cash now the norm, everything said:

Think parking cash, think easy money, think about to many people with to much money and out of those many people, many don't trust equities, etc. Fortunes are built in many ways, moguls are born by the minute these days. Yeah it makes for an imbalance and I see allot of houses for rent these days.

• On 6 Jan 2014 in Cheaper to rent than to buy, everything said:

It's still cheaper for me to rent, I was looking at some condo's nearby the other day just for fun, some of them were only about 1400 sq/ft., the taxes were 4 thousand a year. I can rent for about 7 thousand a year.

• On 6 Jan 2014 in What Will You Do If/When The Stock Market Crashes? -POLL, everything said:

It will respond until it won't, but I think it will for a long time to come because QE and your government is in many ways .. all that's left of your economy, it's only the faith in the dollar itself keeping the float going.
    smaulgld says

everything says

No different, except now our crashes are a little more global in nature, the fed will standby, not much they can do initially being the root cause of events themselves. QE is all they really know, it will work until it doesn't.

Rates will have to stay dirt low, this will keep equities happy and good until they've exploited low interest rates to the point where the stock market will crash. What will I do?, nothing I can do.

The poll asks the question and I suppose the "nothing" answer in the poll is "stay in cash" Rates will have to stay low but can the Fed keep them low with more QE? Would the stock market respond to more QE?

• On 6 Jan 2014 in Domestic Vehicle Sales Lowest In 14 Months; Miss By Most In Over 5 Years, everything said:

Yeah, that 08 corolla is an alright good buy, I'm seeing some of the older ones climb past 200k with no problems yet, the Yaris, looking to be another good long term buy, the newer Camry's .. ouch.

December is the slow season for car sales.

• On 6 Jan 2014 in What Will You Do If/When The Stock Market Crashes? -POLL, everything said:

No different, except now our crashes are a little more global in nature, the fed will standby, not much they can do initially being the root cause of events themselves. QE is all they really know, it will work until it doesn't.
    Rates will have to stay dirt low, this will keep equities happy and good until they've exploited low interest rates to the point where the stock market will crash. What will I do?, nothing I can do.

• On 6 Jan 2014 in Fish populations in Delta slump further, everything said:

Just more sign of the oceans slowly dying, it's happening all over the planet.

• On 3 Jan 2014 in Buy, rent, lose, everything said:

Lol, now the investors are whining, this really takes the cake, and rents have lagged - oh jeez, the end is near.

• On 2 Jan 2014 in 4 Reasons the Housing Bubble May Pop in 2014, everything said:

It's not going to pop, but it's going to slow down. Still, they are building apartments gangbusters in the city. On the west side they over build years ago .. and rents are cheaper than the east side.

• On 1 Jan 2014 in Home prices unaffordable at a stunning 6.7x average salary, everything said:

My payment was about $100 more than my property tax payment, affordability eroded along with my salary, all other costs still going up, I had to let the place go to the next buyer.

Mark D says

people still post zerohedge articles? LOL

affordability is all about monthly payment which is still very low compared to the last few decades due to STILL-VERY-LOW interest rates. how about a real chart?

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/COMPHAI

• On 1 Jan 2014 in What's One Thing People Should Consider Before Re-Entering the Housing Market?, everything said:

Jump back into the market?, is this a market people jump in and out of?, wow I guess so.

The implication is that buying a house is an investment, this is all repetitive bs jargon.

• On 20 Dec 2013 in All-Cash Home Sales Hit Record 42% of Sales, everything said:

Well, that's good. Maybe they can afford to take care of it and pay the property taxes because some of us, me included, got priced out of the game.

• On 20 Dec 2013 in All-cash house sales bad sign for health of housing market, everything said:

I don't get it.

Cash’s dominance is a sign of the fact that it’s more costly and hard to get financing.

3/4 of cash sales are investors, why do investors need financing if they already have access to cash?

Why is financing more costly now?, interest rate is at a record low.

• On 18 Dec 2013 in New House construction improves dramatically, everything said:

Depends on which news agency..

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101280733

• On 18 Dec 2013 in Phoenix housing market loses momentum, everything said:

It's just an overbought local RE market. The investors (more and more of them in cahootz), still have what appears to be marginal control, (still buying), boom & bust is the nature of the beast, the whole country experiences this as well. Prices can't go up forever. I thought Roberto & Iwog were equally concerned with what they can get for rents vs. whether or not the price of the homes went up or down.

• On 18 Dec 2013 in Corn Plummeting Spurs Talk of 80s U.S. Farmland Bust, everything said:

This is just a commodity cycle. Everyone and his brother is growing GMO corn, it obviously grows great but it's crap, it's fuel grade corn, even Mexico does not want it.

Actually, these booms/busts are pretty darn good for business as the government will step in and bail away. Especially if it is an important sector of the total economy. Just take a look at RE. Yeah it's really slumped during the holiday's here, but it's still happening.

• On 13 Dec 2013 in Detroit Chapter 9 Bankrucpty, everything said:

Anyone catch the, Reuters article about how Stockton cancelled it's health care obligations to retiree's, saving x million. Turned out to be 500,000 per employee pension saved. Hmmm..

A big part of the problem is, when did this shit all of a sudden cost to much. It's a country wide issue that is still accelerating.

Sadly, all this big pension money mostly goes to people, many who worked lower middle class jobs, but also others who earned higher salaries of today, which I insist is a problem that was not built into pensions bargained for when salaries were much lower. Yet these payouts go to the harbingers of the economic machine. Google happiness machines.

And all of our own creation!

http://www.pensiontsunami.com/

• On 13 Dec 2013 in Worst rental affordability crisis that this country has known - Yahoo Homes, everything said:

Around my area, lots of rentals are being built, condo's .. not so much, first thing you'll hear the builder complain about - selling those darn condo's, one of my builder friends went to strictly rentals after dabbling in condo's - instead investors with unlimited access to money buy them and rent them out, gotta keep your condo dues coming in somehow. This one near me, they rent a big lift for the whole winter so they can get up on the roof in a moments notice, apparently that's cheaper than roof repairs - and obviously it was built wrong to warrant the need.

I don't think home prices will go down either, maybe if interest rates went up drastically, but I think the days of high interest are over. Gotta somehow agree with Iwog that all this easy money will speed up our demise.

• On 13 Dec 2013 in How far would you go to save for a downpayment??, everything said:

It's crossed my mind before, crashing on friends couch, using the showers at work, laundromat.

• On 13 Dec 2013 in Iowa house invader cut in half by train, everything said:

To bad, that guy should still be running the streets stabbing people, all the while having more children who will look up to him, and mimick his behaviors.

Oh well, plenty more like him I'm sure.

• On 10 Dec 2013 in 5 Charts That Show A Growing Crisis For Renters In America Read more: http://ww, everything said:

Many seniors do own homes, heck, they had decent salaries at one time, coming up through a pretty good industrial era in this country, most always having local work, not always having to move and such. Then, at least being able to afford taxes and upkeep when it's paid off, often though, they can't afford the upkeep, and can really only just pay the taxes.

• On 6 Dec 2013 in Consumer borrowing rose $18.2 billion in October, everything said:

Yes, debt is the only solution we have right now, and it works well, just right the debts off/down and have the govt. bail yah out if need be.

IF the banksters can make enough in interest on the front end of all this debt that's really all that matters. So the trick is to just keep the party going.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 220 milliseconds to create.