Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 20 Nov 2014 in Polar Vortex 2.0 Arrives - All 50 States Will Freeze Tonight, bob2356 said:

Call it Crazy says

Here's a picture of your global warming in Buffalo:

I worked in Rochester in 76 and 77. Compared to those 2 winters not only is this global warming, it's goddam tropical. We had drifts 30-40 feet high. Those pansy ass pictures you posted aren't even chest deep.

Call it Crazy says

Dude, it's November, the lakes aren't frozen yet

Of course the lakes aren't frozen. That's why it's called lake effect snow. Duh. The northwesterlies pick up moisture off the unfrozen great lakes. Once the lakes freeze there isn't all that much snow. Lots of clouds though.

• On 20 Nov 2014 in US Makes more Friends, bob2356 said:

thunderlips11 says

I call it "Lead Sled II" after the F-105.

The F-105 was a very good plane for what it was designed for. Low altitude high speed bomb delivery. Specifically it was designed for low altitude delivery of nuclear weapons. It as the fastest plane at low altitude until I believe the F-15 and could carry three times the bomb load of a B-17 or B-24. Considering they were used day in and day out to bomb Hanoi which was ringed by god only knows how many AA and SAM sights along with lots of NV fighters the F105 had a remarkably low loss rate. They even managed 27.5 air to air victories. The early D models had engine problems, but these were worked out. Supposedly the nickname Thud came from the sound of an early D model hitting the ground.

• On 16 Nov 2014 in Science 1 Fear mongers 0, bob2356 said:

marcus says

Should I continue ?

Maybe dig out some of the captains quotes while you are at it. Now he just wants people to not be ridding the subway.

• On 13 Nov 2014 in Wtf is wrong with Americans ?, bob2356 said:

Bigsby says

bgamall4 says

sbh says

The more prisons the greater the purity of our national identity.

You are either a troll or you are a sick puppy. You are a Zionist infiltrator.

You actually took what he said literally, didn't you? Amazing.

It's not surprising at all. Schizophrenics take everything literally. They are totally incapable of abstract thinking.

• On 12 Nov 2014 in End the corporate monopoly on broadband, bob2356 said:

indigenous says

The party line is that "the government has to do something about monopolies". This is bullshit.

That's not my party line and has nothing at all to do with your party line that ALL monopolies exist because of government. Nice shuck and jive though. Could I get some fries with that shake?

• On 12 Nov 2014 in This is why Economics makes no sense, bob2356 said:

Call it Crazy says

BoomAndBustCycle says

I kind of want the democrats just to roll over and say.. Ok, Republicans you win... You get your way for 8 years

The Dems have had their way for the last 8 years in the Senate. How has that worked out for you?

51 to 47 with 2 independents is having their way? I always like to think the best of people, but if you actually believe that then you really are stupid.

• On 12 Nov 2014 in Zynga founder now in marijuana business, bob2356 said:

errc says

Now get some rest. You have a big day ahead of you tomm trolling patnet all frigging day. Like you do, every day, all day. Because you're too boring to think of anything better to do

Is it that he's too boring or is it that he is too socially inept to play outside with the other kids? On the other hand if he stays glued to patnet all day every day then it lessens the danger of yet another going columbine incident.

What does CIC use for contraception? His personality.

• On 12 Nov 2014 in Pay Your Respect or Die - The Chinese Menace!!!!!, bob2356 said:

Perfect, the deep thinkers are all worried about what Obama is wearing without understanding a single word of what the article is saying.

• On 11 Nov 2014 in 5 conservative principles, that will never be understood by the mutts, bob2356 said:

indigenous says

Yea but it is still ambiguous as to who did what, not as simple as you assert where the Ds switched places with the Rs.

No it's not. Conservative democrats switched to the Republican party after lbj pushed through the civil rights act. They had no choice if they wanted to stay in office. Liberal and progressive republicans (yes they did exist) were so disgusted by goldwater they went democrat.

• On 11 Nov 2014 in End the corporate monopoly on broadband, bob2356 said:

indigenous says

That is not the point. The point is that it diminishes naturally without any government intervention.

You said ALL monopolies exist because of government. Do they or don't they? No weasel deal bullshit that monopolies not granted by government aren't monopolies because they don't last forever. Bell is no longer a monopoly. Does that mean they never were? You can't have it both ways no matter how much you try.

• On 11 Nov 2014 in Persistent Fraud Calls from MagicJack Jammers: Help Me Torture These Vermin!, bob2356 said:

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says

Any other suggestions?

Ever try the telezapper? I had one when I used to work out of my house. Some marketers have gotten wise to this device, but an awful lot haven't. It plays the Special information tone or 'SIT' that indicates the phone has been disconnected. Most computerized dialers will hang up and erase your number from their database when they get the sit tone. You have to discipline yourself to not say anything for a couple seconds after you hear the tone. The first month or so will drive you crazy since you get tons of hangups. After that it settles down.

• On 10 Nov 2014 in CDC Director Tom Frieden was right afterall..., bob2356 said:

CaptainShuddup says

You forget two of the people got sick here, because as you put it we turned people away. Yeah we're 100% when we catch people we know might have it because of their flight itinerary. Because we missed one.

Cap, has dope eaten that much of your brain? Who did we turn away? You screamed for months about all the people we weren't turning away. Now you are saying (I think. It's hard to figure out what is actually being said with this yogi berra level of mangled syntax, klingon sentence structure, and plain old bad grammer. Where is the captain to english translator app) we did well because we turned so many people away? Do you have any short term memory left at all?

• On 10 Nov 2014 in CDC Director Tom Frieden was right afterall..., bob2356 said:

Call it Crazy says

dodgerfanjohn says

Leave it to a lawyer

He's NOT a lawyer...

What happened to all the ebola gloom and doom postings from you and captain dopedup? What happened to EXPONENTIAL, your favorite word for months? No new cases for 2 months in senegal and nigeria. New cases falling in liberia. New cases static in guinea. New cases rising slowly in sierra leone. Where is the exponential? Where is the pandemic? Gee everything is working out pretty much just like the experts said it would, why aren't you shouting the joyous news from the rooftops.

• On 10 Nov 2014 in End the corporate monopoly on broadband, bob2356 said:

PCGyver says

Actually, Microsoft got in trouble not only because of the operating system. It was because of bundling IE with windows and tweaking the API so that windows favored IE over all other web browsers.

Legend had it that during the development of windows 98 there were signs all over that said "the jobs not done until netscape won't run". Microsoft was notorious for tweaking the api to break competitors software.

indigenous says

Here is the source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Oil

You are purposely playing ignorant on (sort of like Iwog, cept he ain't pretending) this. Standard oil did not have a monopoly and market forces shrank their market share.

I've read your wiki before. So 88% of the market isn't a monopoly? Or 95% as in windows at the peak? That's just pure bullshit. Losing a monopoly doesn't mean it didn't exist. DeBeers managed to hold onto the diamond monopoly for 120 years before losing control. Does that mean it didn't exist. Bell (AT&T) doesn't control the phones any more (they had control a lot less time than DeBeers), does that mean they didn't have a monopoly? You can't have it both ways.

indigenous says

A monopoly is a grant of special privilege by the State, reserving a certain area of production to one particular individual or group.

This definition of monopoly goes back to the common law and acquired great political importance in England during the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, when an historic struggle took place between libertarians and the Crown over the issue of monopoly as opposed to freedom of production and enterprise

History as per indiginous. Monoply (from Greek monos μόνος (alone or single) + polein πωλεῖν (to sell)) goes back to the greeks. The term "monopoly" first appears in Aristotle's Politics. Aristotle describes Thales of Miletus's cornering of the market in olive presses as a monopoly. Monopolies existed around the world a long time before 16th century england.

indigenous says

Standard Oil is the typical example, as you can see it was a specious claim:

The federal Commissioner of Corporations studied Standard's operations from the period of 1904 to 1906[29] and concluded that "beyond question... the dominant position of the Standard Oil Co. in the refining industry was due to unfair practices—to abuse of the control of pipe-lines, to railroad discriminations, and to unfair methods of competition in the sale of the refined petroleum products".[30]

Where exactly in this cut and past from wiki does it detail how the government decreed unfair practices, abuse of the control of pipe-lines, railroad discriminations, and unfair methods of competition. That part seems to be missing.

Indiginous alert. Citation needed, citation needed. Danger will robinson, danger.

Oh wait I understand now, the government stepping in and breaking up standard oil was a government decree that allowed them to be a monopoly. That makes sense on some unknown level.

No, no, I've really got it now. If the government fails to prevent a monopoly then it decrees a monopoly. So if there are no laws against it, then it's a decree but if the government steps in and regulates it then it's also a decree. The perfect conservative/liberatarian argument. Damned if you do damned if you don't. God willing and de cree don't rise.

No,no,no, I've really really got it now. Aliens did it. Of course, how could I have missed it.

I really don't understand why conservatives don't move en mass to DRC to enjoy the fruits of their utopian government free ideal world. I would think that spending every waking moment dreaming up new ways to hate government would lead to birth defects or hemmerhoids or something.

• On 9 Nov 2014 in End the corporate monopoly on broadband, bob2356 said:

spydah_hh says

All inefficient monopolies are created or caused by government, Solandra, Thomas McKenny's Fur Factories, Edward K. Collins Failed subsidized steam boat company, Samuel Langley's failed airplanes, TBTF Banks,

None were monopolies. Perhaps you need to look up what a monopoly is. Solandra is a plant, try Solyndra.

• On 9 Nov 2014 in Catalan Leaders Defy Madrid, Hold Independence Referendum, bob2356 said:

Now if Catalunya would break away to become a low tax supersized version of Andorra that would really be cool. I'd be willing to learn Catalan to live there.

• On 9 Nov 2014 in 5 conservative principles, that will never be understood by the mutts, bob2356 said:

indigenous says

bob2356 says

The entire south since the civil war.

Not good enough.

Of course not, tablets carried down from the mount by the bearded guy wouldn't be good enough for you.

indigenous says

You are implying that business are happy to exploit workers without any regard to their workers. That is simply not true, by way of a priori reasoning. It is true a business has to make a profit but it is also true that workers are hard to replace and that it is a win win situation for the business to take care of the worker.

This is a joke right? You are kidding with me. What alternative universe do you actually live in?

indigenous says

bob2356 says

Oh, and how does the "customer" relate being sick to bad meat, as opposed to bad veggies, bad eggs, bad salad dressing, bad water, bad coworkers, or just door knobs they touched?

By something you have a weak grasp on, correlation.

and by what method do they correlate exactly what product made them sick?

indigenous says

And no it would not be against Libertarianism, you are thing in absolutes which is stupid as they don't exist.

Very, very funny coming from someone who only works in absolutes. you did say that ONLY technology improved worker safety. Prove it.

indigenous says

E.G. a technology for irradiating meat (irradiating the meat kill e coli) was submitted for approval to the FDA, it was a proven technology that was approved earlier for wheat. Yet the FDA took 3 years to approve it.

and if the FDA had immediatly approved irradiation you would have been screaming about how reckless they were. It's nice to be able to talk out both sides of your mouth and other orifices.

indigenous says

Try 1996, and I will need a citation on the south.

No you don't, you're fully aware of ass kissing by the southern conservatives for big tobacco, you're just playing stupid again.

• On 9 Nov 2014 in Climate Model Predicts Very Cold Winter in Northern Hemisphere; Another Record?, bob2356 said:

CaptainShuddup says

Bull shit the planet has been cooling for the last 5 years.

No cap the trend is still up but is very slowly up the last 5 years. That's consistent with predictions that there would be ups and downs in any warming trend.
    http://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/

Call it Crazy says

Maybe he can teach you how to read a thermometer!! You obviously don't know how.

I know how just fine. Maybe she can teach you what it means. You obviously don't know what.

• On 9 Nov 2014 in 5 conservative principles, that will never be understood by the mutts, bob2356 said:

indigenous says

Citation please

The entire south since the civil war.

indigenous says

No, you failed to show a correlation of safety agencies to a decline in accidents.

Oh yes, the famous when did you stop beating you wife correlation. Prove that there is a correlation between technology and safety then. Laws were passed, technology advanced. Prove only one had an effect. Other than the core conservatism believe it's rue because I believe it should be true.

indigenous says

same answer, if the customer gets sick they quit buying.

Oh, and how does the "customer" relate being sick to bad meat, as opposed to bad veggies, bad eggs, bad salad dressing, bad water, bad coworkers, or just door knobs they touched?

indigenous says

I guess I'm going a little fast for you, I'm saying the FDA is a pretend agency that does not do their job. We would be better off with something like consumer reports that does this function.

Oh wonderful, that's perfect. So the drug companies will just produce whatever they want and consumer reports will lell us know how they wok out afterwards. Sorry about that, you died before we reviewed that drug. CR will tell us which food producers are selling e coli loaded meat and veggies so we can avoid buying them? What a great idea. After all the producers of foods are so clearly labelled on every pieces of meat and every vegetable and every fruit. Oh wait, there will have to be a law requiring that? Wouldn't that go against being a libertarian?

So all that ranting and raving about the FDA not doing anything about tobacco advertising means you weren't saying they should do something? The FDA didn't have any authority over tobacco at all until 2009, thanks to southern conservative lawmakers fighting tooth and nail for big tobacco

So you are saying that the conservative principal of fighting at every step of the way to help big tobacco is a fine and upstanding goal, but the FDA failing to ban tobacco advertising the second it had the authority is a great liberal failing. Yes you do have zero credibility.

• On 8 Nov 2014 in 5 conservative principles, that will never be understood by the mutts, bob2356 said:

indigenous says

bob2356 says

Conservatives established the KKK. They moved over from the democratic party to the republican party after the civil rights act. You have to know this, so you are just blowing smoke with this democrat vs republican straw man.

Bullshit, look it up it were the Ds

Yes and who were the D's in 1866 south of the mason dixon line? Conservatives. Who were the D's in 1965 south of the mason dixon line when the civil rights act passed. Conservatives. The title of YOUR post? 5 CONSERVATIVE principles. Don't duck the fact that one of the bedrocks principles for conservatives for well over 100 years (and continuing today in many places) was racism.

indigenous says

From your article:

"Largely independent changes in technology and labor markets also contributed to safety as well."

Absolutely. Unlike someone as intellectually dishonest as you I recognize that there are many factors. I certainly didn't say safety laws were the ONLY reason safety improved. I said laws existed.to improve worker safety long before OSHA. Laws that were on the books and being enforced during the entire period of your disingenuous chart. You are the one saying OSHA was the start of safety laws.

indigenous says

Do you suppose there was any chance that people would have said hmm this meat is tainted and green and makes me sick and would have just said I'm not buying your meat anymore?

You either are unaware that ecoli and other products of unsanitary meat handling are tasteless or you are just being dishonest again. I choose the latter.

indigenous says

Currently we have had the FDA doing nothing about cigarette advertising at all and only after an informer turned them in was anything done. The FDA is feeble and probably in bed with the cronies like Phillip Morris and Eli Lilly. Watch the the Michael Moore video it is only 5 minutes. Where the fuck is the FDA on that matter? I would guess bought off because they are a pretend agency.

WTF happened to all your libertarian principles? You are now saying the FDA doesn't do enough regulation? Libertarians believe in no regulation at all. Let the free market and informed consumers sort it out. Which are you?

• On 8 Nov 2014 in Climate Model Predicts Very Cold Winter in Northern Hemisphere; Another Record?, bob2356 said:

Call it Crazy says

bob2356 says

Educational advancement is certainly something to be applauded.

Yep, when you finish pre-school, we'll give you a trophy!!

Very nice, keep working on that rapier sharp comeback and you'll be able to match wits with my 6 year old soon.

• On 8 Nov 2014 in Putin To Western Elites: Play-Time Is Over, bob2356 said:

New Renter says

There were TWO sodium cooling loops, the intermediate one was the one that interfaced with water. A breech would have left the primary sodium loop intact. Due to the high thermal conductivity of sodium (about 100x that of water) which makes the entire primary loop pretty good cooling fin.

So that's why the paper, whatever it is, talks about challenges to the structural integrity of the reactor and the critical mass of melted fuel. Because the primary loop will be intact and cool the core. I see. So was this theoretical safe breeder reactor ever built? Let me guess, it was so safe that it was 100% insured by private insurance, the AEC didn't have to insure it at all. Not.

New Renter says

That all depends on distance doesn't it? An M80 ignited next to your head will kill you instantly while even a Tsar Bomba a few thousand miles away will just rock you to sleep.

That's just stupid. You really didn't understand the point obviously.

• On 8 Nov 2014 in Climate Model Predicts Very Cold Winter in Northern Hemisphere; Another Record?, bob2356 said:

Call it Crazy says

Sure has... Just look, a 1.5 degree change in 127 years!! No wonder I'm sweating!!

You almost put together two complete sentences in one single post. Has mommy been helping with your patnet posting or did you finally graduate 5th grade? Educational advancement is certainly something to be applauded. Bravo.

zzyzzx says

and the people who can't write sentences at all post pictures.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 7328 milliseconds to create.