Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 22 Jul 2014 in Perry to send 1,000 National Guard troops to border, bob2356 said:

About 1 million people have been caught crossing the border nearly every year between 1983 until 2006, but that number has dropped to about 400,000 in 2013.

So the border crossings have declined 60% in the last 6 years but

potential 2016 presidential candidate

Perry considers it a crisis worthy of calling up the national guard to guard the border for the first time in history. Hmmm, why wasn't it a crises for Perry in 2006 when more than double the number of people came in? Think the Iowa caucus has any bearing anyone?

• On 22 Jul 2014 in Kansas proves that cutting taxes doesn't create jobs but does devestate economy, bob2356 said:

You're telling me Kansas is a real place? I thought movie writers and comedians made it up.

• On 22 Jul 2014 in Zombie Lies, bob2356 said:

The Professor says

I'm pretty sure Bob is a unique (possibly real) individual with some good and some sock puppet ideas. He keeps you wondering

Bob is very real, quite colorful, and definitely one of a kind, many people have told me so.

Remember in Patton when he screams at his staff let no man come back alive and his aid says sometimes they don't know if you are serious or not. Patton said "It's not important that they know, it's only important that I know".

I endeavor to continue to keep you guessing.

• On 22 Jul 2014 in Addendum: No Kids and now, generally losing interest in women, bob2356 said:

Rin says

It's not just that, if one's straight, good-looking & fit, it's just easier to be there, with a gal friend. That's all. As long as the parameters are established up front, P-town is great.

I have no problems with that town

Man you missed the entire point of ptown. It's all about not having parameters. Hanging loose and going with the flow.

"straight, good looking, and fit" Why the narcissistic insecurity thing?

• On 22 Jul 2014 in Addendum: No Kids and now, generally losing interest in women, bob2356 said:

Rin says

Go to Provincetown MA, the most openly gay town in the northeast. Your mouth will hit the ground. Just bring a lady friend with you, or else you'll be hit it on by guys, all of the time. I'd learned my mistake and haven't been there in years.

I'm totally straight and go to ptown any time I'm in the northeast. It's a great scene, gay straight or somewhere in between. Why would it bother you to be hit on by guys? Just say no, they're cool with it unless you get totally stupidly uptight. I have no problem at all hanging out with gay guys (or gay girls) , they are usually a lot of fun. When I worked as a stage hand (a long, long time ago) I used to go with my gay friends to gay bars regularly. There are always some straight girls hanging out. I let girls convince me to try hetero sex all the time. Gee I don't know, maybe I might try it, tell me more (while my friends were literally rolling on the floor in hysterics). Great gig. Please brer fox don't throw me into that briar patch.

• On 22 Jul 2014 in Last year was one of the warmest on record, bob2356 said:

mmmarvel says

bob2356 says

difference between the earth and the united states don't you?

Do tell? Man, I learn something new here every day.

Glad to be of assistance.

• On 22 Jul 2014 in Zombie Lies, bob2356 said:

indigenous says

I think I would be able to win a debate with Bill Maher quite easily as he is a comedian, not an economist.

I'm sure you could "win" a debate with anyone. No one else on the planet defines winning as ignoring everything said and generally playing stupid, but for you it would be a win. .

• On 22 Jul 2014 in Man arrested for carving a water melon around a Liberal., bob2356 said:

zzyzzx says

Would he also been arrested if he had been caught having sex with the watermelon in public?

That's how the cap know he was a liberal. Conservatives only have sex with their mistresses and congressional page boys. never fruit. You have to have family values.

• On 22 Jul 2014 in Last year was one of the warmest on record, bob2356 said:

mmmarvel says

And per the 'arctic vortex' it was probably one of the coldest on record too.

You do understand there is a difference between the earth and the united states don't you? The earth had one the warmest years on record even thought the united states had a very cold winter.

• On 21 Jul 2014 in Zombie Lies, bob2356 said:

I've got to believe CIC and indig are the same person. Their comments come in pairs a few minutes apart way too frequently to be random.

• On 21 Jul 2014 in The USA Shoots Down Passenger Jet - 290 Innocent People Killed, bob2356 said:

Call it Crazy says

Great move by civilian Air Traffic Control to send a passenger flight over an active combat area!!

You don't own a map I guess. Where were they going to route them on a 25 minute flight of 145 miles from Bandar Abbas to Dubai? The entire persian gulf and gulf of oman was a combat area at the time. It's 2 hours and 800 miles going around the gulf of oman or 5 hours and 2000 miles routing around the persian gulf. Of course that wouldn't help since saudi's wouldn't allow iranian over flights so the airliner would have to fly over the persian gulf anyway outside of saudi territory.

I think the atc could reasonably be expected to feel a airliner with a mode III transponder flying a known commercial air route that multiple airliners fly every day.

• On 21 Jul 2014 in The USA Shoots Down Passenger Jet - 290 Innocent People Killed, bob2356 said:

thunderlips11 says

KAL 007 was way off course, not responding either to Russian AD nor "Friendly" ATC radio, and it's hard to believe every system was off. It was off course long before it left US-controlled air space.

Some Aviation Disaster expert estimated the chances that every system designed to correct the flight path or alert the pilot failing on KAL 007 was something on the order of 1.6Billion to 1.

Systems don't have to be off. I read the report when it was released by the ntsb. They believed the system was left in the wrong mode. This is 1970's technology we are talking about. The order of 1.6 billion to 1 it failed? What are the odds it was simply set wrong. Airplanes fly into mountains even today with exponentially better navigation equipment for the same reason.

Loss of radio contact on long overseas flights isn't unusual even today, never mind back then. Satellite communications is coming, but right now long haul flights still use hf which is hit or miss at times.

tatupu70 says

I'm not giving us a pass for anything. Just find it hard to believe that a Russian fighter couldn't tell the difference between a US spy plane and a commerical airliner. Dark or not.

The kc 135, c 135, rc 135's are all just 707''s. Actually it's the other way around, the 707 came out of the kc 135. The rc135 has a different radar dome, but it's not that obvious,. Especially since only 32 were ever built, they aren't exactly commonly known even within US aviation, never mind to soviet pilots stationed in siberia in 1983.

How would you go about telling the difference in the dark? You can't read the logo on the tail unless it's a really bright moon from the right angle. Almost everyone sleeps on overnight flights so the windows would be dark. If I remember right the soviet pilot was interviewed and said he saw rows of windows, but believed military versions of boeing planes used them so he didn't report them. He identified it as a 4 engine boeing plane but not as a 747. Which describes a rc135 also. Of course in 1983 almost all intercontinental planes were 4 engine boeing aircraft.

The whole thing was a cluster fuck of small and not so small mistakes combined with equipment problems (atc had stations down at the time as did soviet defence) cascading into a disaster. Russian paranoia and lack of knowledge about non soviet equipment played a big part also.

• On 21 Jul 2014 in What if we militarized the healthcare system?, bob2356 said:

CaptainShuddup says

If you pay attention, I'M usually bitching about it first, before anyone else is.

Everyone else has a life. They don't spend 24/7 looking for things to bitch about.

• On 21 Jul 2014 in What if we militarized the healthcare system?, bob2356 said:

CaptainShuddup says

You really don't expect or want anything, you are all just waiting for Huffington post and MSNBC to tell you what to think next.

Curiosity overwhelms me, how is this different than you waiting for fox and rush to tell you what to think next.

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says

I always wondered why it was so easy to have millions of guys standing around with nothing to do but murder people and break things - when they're not busy getting stoned and raping and pillaging

Maybe all those guys in prison should be trained as doctors. That would cut the recidivisim rate. Think of the possibilities. They are already criminals so they wouldn't have to be trained to steal from medicare. I'm surprised the cap didn't think of this. Or how about the illegal aliens being trained as doctors. Gets them jobs that americans don't want any more and gets us cheap doctors. Welfare moms? Disability cheats? If all these people don't need to suck off the public teat the budget could be cut to zero. Maybe even we'd get money back like alaska.

The cap just didn't think it through far enough.

• On 21 Jul 2014 in Republicans cause of doctor shortage, bob2356 said:

CaptainShuddup says

bob2356 says

There is such a thing as legal immigration.

Well if the 50,000 reported unwanted "Illegal aliens" children are in fact legal, then accept my apology. Otherwise, I would suggest you've gotten your facts crossed, and YOU should look it up.

Hey just because you live in a shtihole like florida where there is nothing but steers, queers, and illegals doesn't mean the rest of the country is like that. There are 31 million legal immigrants. Only about 3 are stupid enough to live in florida so that's why you didn't know about them. You do have horns don't you?

• On 20 Jul 2014 in Republicans cause of doctor shortage, bob2356 said:

CaptainShuddup says

Yes I'm aware, isn't there something like 50,000 illegal

There is such a thing as legal immigration. Look it up, I promise it's true. Your ancesters probably legally immigrated. From another galaxy if they were anything like you.

CaptainShuddup says

Hey are you aware that for the last 3 years, Doctors have been saying that they will stop practicing medicine, under Obamacare?

So how many less are there? Got a number? I didn't think so. It's true because I feel it must be true.

CaptainShuddup says

Just more of the stupid Liberal unintended consequences that the blame lies solely on the Republicans.

Republicans blocking funding for expanding doctor training is a liberal unintended consequence? You really must leave your brain to science.

• On 20 Jul 2014 in Lizzy not as ingenious as the libs would have you believe, bob2356 said:

indigenous says

Not to mention that is has fuck all to do with the subject at hand

The why did you post it?

• On 20 Jul 2014 in Republicans cause of doctor shortage, bob2356 said:

CaptainShuddup says

What did the Republicans tell the Doctors to stop working?

Were you not aware the population is growing? I'll type this really slowly for you, more people and lots more old people (baby boomers) means you need more doctors. It's something called a ratio. I wouldn't dream of attempting to explain what that means to you. A far better man than me is needed for that herculean task. The republicans are refusing to fund more residency slots, and have been since the Reagan years.

The article is right, there isn't a shortage, there is a misallocation. Always as been. A lot more doctors want to live in southern ca or nyc than moses lake wa or fargo nd. The US has about the same level of doctors as most of the first world, but many move to places with too many doctors already. It's called free market which you are all in favor of captain.

• On 20 Jul 2014 in Medical pricing, on an interactive map, show how prices paid, bob2356 said:

CaptainShuddup says

bob2356 says

You are saying prices didn't vary before obamacare?

Yes I am SAYING that insurance premiums were NOT $16K a year for a family of 4, with a $25K year Deductible.

Hey I'll go one farther for you Snapshot!

Dare I say, IF NOT For Obama care we wouldn't be seeing these prices.

In FACT! Obamcare made this ALL Possible.

Now have a Liberal ill-informed day

The article was about differences in procedure prices not insurance premiums. Try to focus once and a while. It's very difficult for you, but try. The only way I can have an ill informed day is by reading your posts.

• On 20 Jul 2014 in Medical pricing, on an interactive map, show how prices paid, bob2356 said:

CaptainShuddup says

I am so glad our President created "Healthcare Reform"

You are saying prices didn't vary before obamacare? When your brain reenters the atmosphere some day it's going to be like the 1908 tunguska event.

• On 20 Jul 2014 in Lizzy not as ingenious as the libs would have you believe, bob2356 said:

indigenous says

Dan8267 says

That alone destroys their credibility. Only right-wing nutjob propaganda machines talk about Benghazi at this point.

Look little Danny has learned how to use tautology

Obviously you don't understand the word just fine. That was a statement and a reason why the statement is true, not a repetition of an idea, statement, or word. If you put because between the two statements instead of a period it would show why it's not tautology.

• On 18 Jul 2014 in Your government at work, bob2356 said:

indigenous says

Funny Stuff. The article points out how the government has caused the price of gas to go up thorough the mandate for Renewable Fuel Standard. Which is bi-partisan.

How is a bill introduced by a republican congressman into a republican congress, going to a republican senate signed by a republican president bi partisan? Some democrats voted for it doesn't make it bi partisan. The vote was 208 r 41 d for 22 r 160 d against. Bipartisan? Only in your warped little world. The Energy Policy Act of 2005 was a windfall for large scale corporate agriculture, one of the biggest welfare recipients in the country.

Using your same "logic" makes obamacare bipartisan.

• On 18 Jul 2014 in This is for SoftShell ..., bob2356 said:

Yawn. This is sounds like couple of 13 year old girls.

• On 15 Jul 2014 in Germans view the U.S. as militaristic, bob2356 said:

edvard2 says

They make a lot of really overly complicated, over-engineered cars with rife reliability problems. Just check out most any long-term reliability report and with the exception of perhaps just one or two brands, just about all German car brands are either well below GM with some near the bottom of the list

That's not what jdpowers says. http://autos.jdpower.com/ratings/dependability-press-release.htm
    With the exception of 1 or 2 brands? There are only 5 brands to start with. Porsche,Mercedes,Porsche are all above gm. Audi is slightly below gm. Vw is the only laggard. Considering the complexities of the cars like bmw and mercedes vs the average gm (or toyota) product that's pretty amazing. If you have 3 times as many components you should have 3 times as many problems.

I've owned a bmw of one kind or another as one of my cars for many many years. Along with many ford or gm products. Bmw's are very well engineered and well built. Far superior to gm, at a far superior price. I do all my own work and follow bmw service/repair guidelines religiously. People who think they can take cars this complicated to someone who works on pickup trucks whenever it occurs to them to bother and expect to get good results are sure to be disappointed.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 234 milliseconds to create.