comments by bob2356

bob2356   befriend (0)   ignore (4)   Sat, 25 Jun 2016, 6:24am PDT   Like   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 1

FortWayne says

Oh come on stgst, no one is born gay, but anyone can become and can start practicing. Hell, any kid can be convinced of it at early enough of the age.

I'm impressed, a new level of stupid has been achieved on patnet.

bob2356   befriend (0)   ignore (4)   Sat, 25 Jun 2016, 6:18am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 2

Ironman says

Yes, it's all Trump's fault for the last 7-1/2 years of no growth in the economy.

Ironman says

Why does telling the truth about the flatline economy bother you so much... Is it because Libbies can't handle the truth??

Or, is it because it's a reflection of the LACK of leadership qualities over the last 7 years by the current guy YOU voted into the Presidency?

Oh wait, I know,... the shitty economy is Bush's fault, almost 8 years later.... Right??

You really can't fix stupid no matter how hard you try. The economy grew 1.9 trillion (12.68 to 14.58) under bush and grew 1.9 trillion (14.58 to to 16.51) under obama so far. How is that flatline? Duh.

bob2356   befriend (0)   ignore (4)   Fri, 24 Jun 2016, 6:37am PDT   Like   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 3

zzyzzx says

That and Trump signs were all over Southern NJ as of yesterday. I don't think I even drove by Ironman's house either. The signs were spread out.

Southern NJ has always been NJ's redneck haven where the men are men, the women are men, and the sheep are scared. A lot of the good old boy pinies and clam diggers don't have any branches at all in their family tree. Then add in all the birth defects from all the north jersey haulers illegaly dumping billions of gallons of toxic waste on the sides of the roads for 50 years. Ironbrain is in his glory, I can't think of a better place for him.

bob2356   befriend (0)   ignore (4)   Wed, 22 Jun 2016, 8:10pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 4

Ironman says

Wouldn't that be just a little bit hypocritical?? Telling your supporters to vote for the person you've been attacking for the last year??

Oh, that's what libbies do...

Idiot. That's what everyone has does. After the primaries everyone kisses, makes up, and then gets the nominee elected. You continue to set new standards for how ignorant a single human being can be.

bob2356   befriend (0)   ignore (4)   Wed, 22 Jun 2016, 3:43am PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 5

Ironman says

Also, please tell us how many of the current LEO and active military will be willing to fight against their fellow Americans.

Now I know for a fact that NJ gun laws are a joke if they issued a nutjob like you a gun permit. Since you know so much about the subject feel free to enlighten us about how many will fight against their fellow americans. Make sure to document your well researched unimpeachable sources of this information. Just like all the rest of the documentation (zero) you have provided over the years for your nonsense babble. Hahahahahaha.

bob2356   befriend (0)   ignore (4)   Tue, 21 Jun 2016, 5:34am PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 6

thunderlips11 says

Here is another.

http://www.historynet.com/ia-drang-where-battlefield-losses-convinced-ho-giap-and-mcnamara-the-u-s-could-never-win.htm

None of these victories - all of which contributed to US Public exhaustion, was accomplished with AKs and Mortars against 155mm Arty, F-105s, Huey Gunships, IR Scopes, TV Guided Bombs, etc..

Too bad you didn't actually read the article. The battle of the Ia Drang was a decisive american victory. Over twice as many nva troops as american troops resulted in the nva being driven back into cambodia with anywhere from 5 to 10 times the casualties. Hal Moore's battalion held off 2 full regiments at lz x-ray for 2 days. Americans were shocked at the number of casualties, but this was the first large scale engagement of the war. For the size of the battle the casualties were not large at all. The reporters were clueless about the scale of the fight or the results. They only knew there were a lot of casualties and reported it as a disaster.

What the Ia Drang valley did was to change nva tactics to large scale close in fighting where air strikes and heavy artillary were much less effective.

America never had a strategy in Vietnam or Iraq and the results were totally predictable. I wrote an op/ed in USA today jan 2003 months before invading Iraq detailing exactly what the problems were and what the results would be. Giap got it correct “We thought that the Americans must have a strategy. We did. We had a strategy of people’s war. You had tactics, and it takes very decisive tactics to win a strategic victory….If we could defeat your tactics—your helicopters—then we could defeat your strategy. Our goal was to win the war.” No one to this day knows what America's strategy in Vietnam or Iraq was.

Are you suggesting that a bunch of yahoos with hand guns and semi auto assault rifles across the US will be able to engage in large scale close in jungle fighting against the US military and defeat them at some point? Hahahaha.

bob2356   befriend (0)   ignore (4)   Tue, 21 Jun 2016, 4:41am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 7

thunderlips11 says

We were defeated many times by the NVA/VC on the battlefield. This is one of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Ong_Thanh

Two companies against an ambush from a dug in regiment in heavy jungle? You are kidding right? Duh, I wonder how that would turn out? I can't imagine why the US lost that engagement.

bob2356   befriend (0)   ignore (4)   Tue, 21 Jun 2016, 2:37am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 8

iwog says

Whatever you think of Clinton, she's not going to go to war over being insulted.

True, hillary doesn't need to be insulted to go to war.

Beat the rush, get a second passport now.

bob2356   befriend (0)   ignore (4)   Tue, 21 Jun 2016, 2:22am PDT   Like   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 9

Ironman says

In Orlando on Thursday, President Obama again called on Congress to do something about these mass public shootings. But the dirty secret about the four different bills that the Senate will vote on Monday is that everyone knows that none of them would have stopped the Orlando massacre.

Indeed, none of the bills would have stopped any of the mass public shootings since at least 2000.

Maybe someone should propose a bill that would have stopped the orlando massacre and the other mass shootings. No that would be much too simple.

Let me get this bit of ironbrain logic clear in my head. The current laws are such a joke that someone on the terror watch list twice, who's wife divorced him because he was so scary violent, and all his armed coworkers in a security firm agreed was a scary nut job can perfectly legally buy a semi auto assault rifle along with lots of high capacity clips. Your proposal to make things safer is to weaken the already very weak laws so people even less mentally stable can buy guns. That makes perfect sense in the NRA alternative reality, but nowhere else on the planet.

You really can't make this shit up.

bob2356   befriend (0)   ignore (4)   Tue, 21 Jun 2016, 2:04am PDT   Like   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 10

No news is good news says

I thought the Obama death squads would delete this taxpayer waste.

Another well informed trump supporter. Obama death squads aren't allowed to delete british taxpayer waste.

This reminds me of when investors business daily said if hawkings were british and used the rationed british health care system he would be dead. He is, he does, he isn't.

bob2356   befriend (0)   ignore (4)   Wed, 15 Jun 2016, 5:08am PDT   Like (5)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 11

What is this? Someone wants to go after the cause and support of jihadist terrorism, not the effect? WTF? Oh wait, it's the Asia Times. For a minute I thought common sense had come to the MSM.

Ok, so it's back to funding and supporting our saudi "allies" that actually want to exterminate us and are doing everything they can to make that possible. At least the military industrial complex is doing very well with our polices.

bob2356   befriend (0)   ignore (4)   Tue, 14 Jun 2016, 7:34am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 12

P N Dr Lo R says

London Elects a Muslim Mayor Who Defended 9/11 Terrorists

Zacarias Moussaoui refused legal consul and tried defended himself at trial. The judge finally assigned a team of lawyers to defend him. US lawyers, nothing to do with Kahn. Kahn is a British lawyer, he can't defend anyone in a US court. Other than in the blogsphere circular story no one seems to be able to come up with what this alleged "consulting team" was or who was on it. The story that I remember from the time, was Moussaoui asked Kahn to investigate Ahmed. Kahn came over but was never able to meet Moussaoui or see any court papers.

Pretty long stretch of the imagination to connect those dots even for you and the usual suspects.

bob2356   befriend (0)   ignore (4)   Mon, 13 Jun 2016, 11:16pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 13

HydroCabron says

"Is bob2356 a towelhead" - 4 google hits, none definitive.

"Is bob2356 a Muslim" - 4486 results. Nothing on the first 2 pages of hits clears this up.

Very good, only 20,248 users to go.

bob2356   befriend (0)   ignore (4)   Mon, 13 Jun 2016, 10:57pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 14

Ironman says

bob2356 says

Are you actually advocating effective back round checks and, gasp say it ain't so joe, requirements for gun ownership beyond having a pulse?

Apparently your dementia is acting up again. Remember, I live in the communist state of NJ. I've had more FBI, State Police, County Police and Local Police background checks done for firearms and CCW than anyone.

My dementia is much better than your reading comprehension. The key word is effective. Which considering the communist state of NJ had 11 mass shootings in 2015 alone doesn't say much for how well the checks or requirements work. Considering you are one of the most mentally unbalanced people I've ever encountered if the state of NJ let you have a gun, then I would say that they don't work at all.

Have pulse, ok to get gun. What could go wrong?

bob2356   befriend (0)   ignore (4)   Mon, 13 Jun 2016, 10:47pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 15

You somehow don't have google or goduck available to you?

bob2356   befriend (0)   ignore (4)   Mon, 13 Jun 2016, 8:29pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 16

Ironman says

Mateen passed the MANDATORY FBI background check, even though the FBI had interview him in the past...

So, where's the weak link in the chain?

Are you actually advocating effective back round checks and, gasp say it ain't so joe, requirements for gun ownership beyond having a pulse? That's a big change. Be careful, it's a slippery slope once you make the slightest turn away from a slavish devotion to the the rightwingnut orthodoxy. Even the most minor appearance of reasonable thinking will get you blackballed from the club forever. Who knows what evil this could bring? You might end up doing something really foolish like voting for hillary.

bob2356   befriend (0)   ignore (4)   Mon, 13 Jun 2016, 3:39pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 17

Rew says

A knife is about as effective as the rifle at this point in what a group of civilian marksman would face. A motivated US tyrannical army/government wins without much of a fight.

But quigly said we need concealed carry to protect our rights. It isn't true? We aren't going to have an army of people pulling out their concealed carry pistols and blowing away tanks, jet bombers, cruise missiles, drones, and heavy artillery?

bob2356   befriend (0)   ignore (4)   Mon, 13 Jun 2016, 10:12am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 18

tr6 says

Bob, you should start a thread with this post so it does not get lost. I own a gun myself, and you summarized my stance on the issue clearly.

Why bother? The NRA/gun manufacturers brainwashing propaganda is to pervasive that pretty much every gun owner today believes the second amendment means unlimited gun ownership and manufacturing with no restrictions of any kind. Pandora's box has been opened and the law of unintended consequences is in full swing. The cycle of violence is only going to grow and grow.

bob2356   befriend (0)   ignore (4)   Sun, 12 Jun 2016, 9:04pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 19

lostand confused says

How do you know they are from Syria-who checks them? No papers, just come in.

Not that it ever happens, but don't let facts screw you up. Hard to believe but true that even fox reporters are less ignorant (a really high bar) than you. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/19/things-to-know-refugee-processing-and-background-checks-for-syrian-refugees.html

bob2356   befriend (0)   ignore (4)   Sun, 12 Jun 2016, 1:40pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 20

lostand confused says

In a remote area of Afghanistan

Exactly which part of Syria is a remote area of Afghanistan? Is the new geography?

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about   source code  

#housing   #investing   #politics   #economics   #humor  
please recommend patrick.net to your friends