Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 16 Apr 2014 in Apples's offshore tax shelters, bob2356 said:

clambo says

Switzerland's rate is under 10% and they seem to do very well gouging their corporations less than Uncle Sam does

The US tax rate can't be compared to other countries directly, the US doesn't use the international accounting rules and has much greater deductions. Taxes paid is the only valid measure.

Yet for all that tax savings something like 30 corporations (all sized) from around the globe a year relocate to Switzerland to save on their taxes. There are 124 US corporations that have relocated to Switzerland total in the last 50 years. Switzerland's global competitive index is 5.60. The US is 5.59.

In other words for the multi nationals the US tax rate is pretty much a boogey man.

• On 16 Apr 2014 in Apples's offshore tax shelters, bob2356 said:

Heraclitusstudent says

This is the rule for individuals, not for corporations. They arrange to have profits 'recognized' in organizations in countries with low or no taxes. As a result they pay (almost) nothing, neither abroad nor in the US.

Corporations pay US taxes when the profits come back on shore. If the money stays overseas it doesn't get taxed. It also doesn't get to be dividends for the shareholders, many of whom would be thrilled to get 65% of the apple's cash sitting overseas. Actually it would be more than 65% since there are a bunch of deductions that would be taken.

• On 16 Apr 2014 in Tell me anything that you hate about Republicans the most., bob2356 said:

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says

If W Bush hadn't spent so much time being fucked in the ass by Victor Ashe and shouting MOMMEEEEEEE! he could have done something about the 13th and 19th Amendments. He was simply distracted from being the greatest president in history by an overzealous paramour.

I think the damage to the fourth amendment more than makes up for his failure to trash any other amendments.

• On 16 Apr 2014 in Japans Population Shrinks for Third Year, bob2356 said:

indigenous says

bob2356 says

That BS has been debunked time and time again, but it still pops up. Amazing. Don't let facts interfere with ideology.

Oh ok that proves you are right then... to double dog prove it show us a graph...

It proves you are wrong, whatever regulation you are referring to isn't keeping private pensions any better funded than public pension funds. Here is just one of dozens of articles a simple google search provided. http://www.cnbc.com/id/100928506

You need to move beyond the simple thought pattern government always does it wrong, private always does it right mindset. Real world problems are more complex than that.

indigenous says

AIG for example had rock solid assets other than the small percentage involved with the derivatives.

That BS has been debunked time and time again, but it still pops up. Amazing. Don't let facts interfere with ideology.

• On 16 Apr 2014 in Tell me anything that you hate about Republicans the most., bob2356 said:

errc says

I hate that their a bunch off stoopid headed dummies. Those nitwits ruined healthcare, thank god for heritagefoundationcare to come and save us all. The dumpubicans are gonna loose this election cycle and then all us smarter people that blindly vote all democrat all the time will laugh at sarah palin, talk about inequality and pat ourselfs on the back about how stupid republicans our.

I hate mitt romney and those koch bros

Cannot wait until a good nice person like hillary clinton comes along and fixes everything and makes everything a lot beeter

I wasn't aware the captain was offering tutoring in writing to patnet members. A clear success here.

indigenous says

Private pensions in this country are highly regulated their assets are rock solid.

You actually believe that? Some of the largest corporations in the US, the ones raking in record profits, have dramatically underfunded pensions plans. Private industry is just as able to underfund and get in trouble as the government.

You finally figured out that Repugs and Dems are equally scumbags or is this just some kind of pissing contest to try to make the home team look better than the shitburger that they really are?

• On 16 Apr 2014 in Detroit Sells Homes for $1,000, bob2356 said:

Reality says

Out of curiosity, what did he do with the firehouse?

Lived in it believe it or not. Lost track of him, don't know the final outcome.

• On 16 Apr 2014 in Is this Romney's 47%?, bob2356 said:

clambo says

People who disagree with the government confiscating our money to give to pet projects or the underclass are now "walmart rednecks in trailer parks"

Try to sharpen your reading comprehension. The point was of walmart rednecks collect money from the government also, while voting republican to cut taxes.

clambo says

Mention Solyndra and they say that Bush "gave money to oil companies".

Well, the oil companies produce a product that we actually use, unlike Solyndra.

So corporate welfare is ok as long as it's corporations you approve of?

Everyone wants someone else's government waste cut. We are all hypocrites, especially the alleged conservatives.

• On 15 Apr 2014 in Japans Population Shrinks for Third Year, bob2356 said:

indigenous says

Bellingham Bill says

this is a fundamental non-understanding of macro economics.

I agree, Argentina had the second largest GDP in the world 100 yr ago. Today it is 26th.

The reason is continual meddling by the state(Juan and Evita Peron fame), the last event I heard about was the president confiscating private pension funds.

You might say they just did not have natural resources, but nether does Japan.

You might say they did not have the culture, but they did 100yr ago, but the government meddling affected their culture the same way as it has here.

Anyway I agree, this is a fundamental non-understanding of macro economics.

No the story of Argentina is a lot more complicated than government meddling. In the late 1800's Argentina had vast herds of cattle that had grown and grown since the spanish first introduced them. The pampas is one of the finest area's for grazing in the world. Problem was Argentina was a long, long way from any markets so the cattle were pretty useless. New technology in the form of reefer steamships all of a sudden made all these cattle valuable. So Argentina became very wealthy on exports because no one else in the world had the vast stocks of beef to export to the European markets. But Argentina was still Argentina. Education was still poor, corruption was still rampant, the banking system was still ingrown and inefficient. So when other countries caught up with the beef export boom Argentina rapidly lost wealth and moved back to the path it was on in the first place. Peron was a symptom, not a cause of the problems.

Argentina is just one in a long list of countries in history that became wealthy through being in the right place at the right time then going bankrupt trying to keep the party alive after the world moved on.

• On 15 Apr 2014 in Detroit Sells Homes for $1,000, bob2356 said:

zzyzzx says

It is almost impossible to think that any large American city would be forced into the position to sell broken-down homes online.

Obviously the writer isn't old enough to remember the 70's. If online existed then many of the cities would have done the same thing. Baltimore sold a bunch of white stoop houses for $1.00 each. Jersey CIty was essentially giving houses away. A friend of mine bought an entire 3 story firehouse which was huge for 12k in downtown Jersey CIty. I thought he was nuts. I was so wrong.

• On 15 Apr 2014 in Index of global progress, bob2356 said:

We're number 1. We're number 1. Go home team. Yea.

• On 15 Apr 2014 in I find it interesting...., bob2356 said:

indigenous says

I have hired & fired people who did prison(not jail) time for assault & battery, I worked for a guy connected to the mafia up until he had someone killed, I have been threatened by an individual with a pound of cocaine in one hand and a mac 10 in the other, I started out as a union carpenter and moved to other things.

Yeh sure right.

• On 15 Apr 2014 in Specter of Civil War; Putin's Army Hiding Not Even CNN Can Find It; Easy Solut, bob2356 said:

zzyzzx says

Russians deserve at least that, since that's what they have done to all or almost all their neighbors many many times.

zzyzzx says

The state-organized and forcible deportation of the Crimean Tatars from the Crimean Peninsula by the Soviet Union in 1944 was ordered by Joseph Stalin

That would be 2 years after the US rounded up all the US citizens who happened to be Japanese on the west coast and sent them to detention camps. The US citizens that had everything they owned seized by the US government and were never compensated in any way. That the kind of thing we are talking about?

Then would be like the state-organized and forcible deportation of the American Indians. That kind of thing?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

• On 15 Apr 2014 in Is this Romney's 47%?, bob2356 said:

clambo says

I know lots of people who are living off uncle Sam and they definitely, positively voted for Obama.

Really? So all the trailer trash low teeth to tattoo ratio rednecks are voting Obama? I never knew that. Learn something new on patnet every day.

• On 14 Apr 2014 in Obama has Proposed 442 Tax Hikes Since Taking Office, bob2356 said:

indigenous says

marcus says

There's spin, there's propaganda and there's facts.

You decide.

Hold that thought until the end of this year...

You want to spell that out? You have some kind of inside information everyone else lacks?

• On 14 Apr 2014 in Obama has Proposed 442 Tax Hikes Since Taking Office, bob2356 said:

Who gives a shit what he proposed. How many are law?

• On 14 Apr 2014 in Walgreen under pressure to move HQ to Europe for Tax "Advantage", bob2356 said:

mmmarvel says

lostand confused says

true, but only corporations can move away.

Au Contraire - you can renounce your citizenship and move out of the country.

Much easier said than done. The state department will put every roadblock on earth in your path. Plus you have to have another citizenship first, corporations don't.

I notice all these corporations talk about moving, but almost none ever do.

• On 13 Apr 2014 in Middle Class was "Fed" to the Sharks, bob2356 said:

indigenous says

The taxpayers got screwed, fucking period.

If you want a really honest blow by blow detail of how the taxpayers got screwed I would highly recommend Neil Barofski's book Bailout. Barofski was special investigator general for TARP and fought the process as hard as he could, but in general not very successfully. Talk about being outnumbered and outgunned. The book makes you want to nuke DC and start over again.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 208 milliseconds to create.