comments by Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones   befriend (0)   ignore (1)   Wed, 27 Jul 2016, 12:28am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 1

Monsters among us: if monsters have always been a certain percentage of the population and we now have seven billion human population on this earth, that makes for a lot of monsters who certainly do damage just by themselves without the legions of followers.

Indiana Jones   befriend (0)   ignore (1)   Wed, 27 Jul 2016, 12:19am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 2

I have an American friend living in Paris, France. I asked her what people wore on Bastille Day, which incidentally the French call The 14h of July. Do they wear patriotic colors of the French flag, or wave little French flags, I asked. Because she was curious as well, she purposely observed Parisians on this day. She reported back to me that while in Paris, France, on Bastille Day, she saw no one at all dressed in French flag colors and not one person carrying a French flag.

Indiana Jones   befriend (0)   ignore (1)   Tue, 26 Jul 2016, 9:56am PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 3

I've had one for 10 years. What specifically do you want to know?

Coopers are great for squeezing into small parking spaces. If you need more space for family or whatnot, then go for the stylish Clubman or Countryman. Mini's have stiff suspensions so you will feel the road beneath you, but I don't know where you'd find a funner car to drive in the price range.

I have not had any major issues with repair with my mini after 10 years. It's a great car; very reliable, good power, good gas mileage, and is owned by BMW and basically has BMW parts internally.

It may not be the most practical car because of it's size, but I guarantee you Mini = Fun.

Indiana Jones   befriend (0)   ignore (1)   Thu, 21 Jul 2016, 10:50am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 4

BLM is not against the police per se, but against cops committing violence while profiling and assaulting african- americans for unjustified reasons or no cause.

mell says

BLM protesters are the first to call for the cops when they get into a spat with somebody who disagrees with them,

Indiana Jones   befriend (0)   ignore (1)   Thu, 21 Jul 2016, 9:35am PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 5

justme says

It is that the women have created, by their demands, an unsolvable set of constraints (on the average), and that the men are fed up and refuse to play the rigged game.

I know this will be shocking to the posters here, but here it is: Not all women are gold-diggers. There. I said it. Think more realistically and give half of the population of the world some credit.

Why do you think the term "supermom" exists? Women are working and often times having to do a second job after work and on the weekends. I know it's also not easy for the men, but domestic and childcare responsibilities often fall heavily on the women's shoulder, no matter how many hours a week they are working. Young women look at this dynamic and want an easier life for themselves which means no children and more free time, and has nothing to do with rejecting men based on their income level.

Indiana Jones   befriend (0)   ignore (1)   Wed, 20 Jul 2016, 1:12pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 6

Dan8267 says

[Side question... What the hell is up with Japan's weird and dysfunctional view on sex. Half the young people despise the idea of sex? That's fucked up.]

There is another scene where Kevin Spacey's Prot character talk about how distasteful they consider sex on KPAX.

This may be the way of the Japanese. As they say it takes a village to raise a child, but that doesn't exist in our first world cultures anymore. The burden of child raising is squarely put on the shoulders of the parents, and honestly, considering how much lack of support there is on so many levels -- from the government to society at large to extended family, not to mention the astronomical monetary expense, it makes sense that young people are seeing the overall cost of having a child -- mental, physical, emotional, and financial is not worth it.

Indiana Jones   befriend (0)   ignore (1)   Tue, 12 Jul 2016, 1:07am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 7

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/killed-delrawn-small-stripped-gun-shield-article-1.2707114

Cop who killed Delrawn Small stripped of gun and shield as AG investigates video contradicting his story

"The off-duty cop who shot dead another motorist in Brooklyn has been stripped of his gun and shield, the NYPD said Monday.

Officer Wayne Isaacs was placed on modified duty and will work a desk job while the NYPD and the state Attorney General’s office investigate evidence — including seemingly damning video that contradicts what Isaacs said happened before he shot Delrawn Small, 37, in a road-rage incident in East New York early on July 4.

The video shows Small getting shot within seconds of approaching Isaacs’ car.

Isaacs had previously claimed he opened fire from the seat of his car because Small had punched him in the face at least twice."

And this is Delrawn Small's brother speaking at his vigil:

"I’m not gonna forget who my brother was. Ya’ll can say whatever the hell you want about him. But, we all out here because we know he was a good man. Look in they faces and tell 'em what you did. Look in our faces and tell us why you pulled that gun out and shot my brother. I don't care if they said he punched him. I don’t care if you said he should have stayed in the car. I don’t care if you said he shouldn’t have been driving or he shouldn’t have been in Brooklyn. At the end of the day, he got shot by a cop for no reason."

http://www.democracynow.org/2016/7/11/as_protests_erupt_nationwide_a_new

Indiana Jones   befriend (0)   ignore (1)   Thu, 7 Jul 2016, 12:18pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 8

So does this mean, legally, the off-duty cop had a right to shoot and kill him after being punched? Does this mean if a person hits/punches/attacks another person, they are in their right to pull out a gun and kill you? With all these shootings happening, I am not sure I understand anymore.

Indiana Jones   befriend (0)   ignore (1)   Sat, 2 Jul 2016, 6:16pm PDT   Like   Dislike (2)     Share   Quote   Comment 9

Ironman says

Is that really the best you can come with??

What are you coming up with beside anecdotal comments about your daughters and their friends?

Ironman says

So, do you know that many parents that charge their kids rent when they are going to college? Is it standard practice to start charging them rent right after graduation from high school?

My golly, what an insulated life you must live. One where parents have education funds, or savings, or even assest they can access, for their special children's education. Where the choices are not "whether" or not your child will be able to attend college, only "which" college your child will attend.

Indiana Jones   befriend (0)   ignore (1)   Sat, 2 Jul 2016, 4:55pm PDT   Like   Dislike (2)     Share   Quote   Comment 10

Ironman says

How come you left out this part from your link:

Look who is whining...

http://www.popecenter.org/2014/10/should-community-colleges-offer-bachelors-degrees-in-nursing/

"In most states, community colleges offer only associate degrees in nursing, which require two to three years of education. But in five states—Florida, Indiana, Nevada, New Mexico, and Washington—they offer a four-year nursing bachelor’s degree.

...One of the biggest drawbacks to the community college BSN is the possibility that it won’t be valued as highly as one obtained at a four-year college, a point raised by Roxanne Fulcher, director of health professions policy at the American Association of Community Colleges,at North Carolina’s ad hoc nursing committee meeting. She predicted a debate over whether “a BSN is a BSN,” or if the community college version less valuable."

http://www.usnews.com/education/community-colleges/articles/2015/06/10/prepare-for-stiff-competition-to-get-an-associate-degree-in-nursing

"1. Getting into the program won't be easy..."Nursing programs are so selective," says Jaggars. "You can enroll in community college but you can't get into the nursing program until you demonstrate various prerequisites. They only have a limited number of spots."
2. Nursing programs require lots of time.
4. An associate degree is just a first step."

dodgerfanjohn says

no help from parents except living at home

Smacks of a bit of entitlement to assume every student has an option of a parent who can let them live for free in their home.

Indiana Jones   befriend (0)   ignore (1)   Sat, 2 Jul 2016, 2:02pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 11

">Philistine says

Sorta agree. Obviously this woman wasn't thinking if she was racking up that much debt, though. I worked two jobs all through college, and took five years to complete it because of the strain of balancing work with classes. But I graduated with less than $10k in debt and paid it off in two years. I don't think most of my friends went that route, though. I knew some people that literally used student loans to pay rent and go shopping and eat out most nights. This was 20 years ago.

What were your living and tuition costs through college vs. your income?

http://www.careerigniter.com/questions/how-much-does-it-cost-to-go-to-nursing-school/

"The tuition fee for a bachelor’s of science degree in nursing (BSN), which takes four years to finish, costs anywhere from $40,000 to well over $100,000 each year in private institutions and large universities. At Johns Hopkins School of Nursing, for example, the Summer-Entry Accelerated Bachelor’s Program tuition fee for the 13-month program is $69,024. At the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, the tuition fee for their accelerated program starting from Summer 2014 to Fall 2015 is $103,000. Meanwhile, the tuition fee for their undergraduate course is $47,668 each year.

Books can cost anywhere from over $1,000 to more than $3,000 each year. Nursing students are also required to wear their uniforms as well as have their own medical apparatuses like a stethoscope, blood pressure apparatus, watch, goggles, thermometer and the like. These can cost anywhere from $300 to $500 although these are usually one-time expenses unless the uniform gets outgrown or the medical apparatus gets damaged. Health insurance can cost anywhere from a little over $1,000 to over $4,000 each year. Other fees that must also be factored into a nursing student’s budget are application fees and laboratory fees.

Housing, food and personal expenses can range anywhere from $10,000 to $20,000 a year

Fulltime nursing students can also opt to work part-time to help fund their personal expenses while they are in college, although this requires discipline and highly-organized time management skills."

Indiana Jones   befriend (0)   ignore (1)   Sat, 2 Jul 2016, 9:50am PDT   Like (1)   Dislike (2)     Share   Quote   Comment 12

Ironman says

What... a nurse racked up $152K in school debt....

Se didn't ruin her life by going to college, she ruined her life being totally stupid and borrowing $152K to go... If she's this clueless about finances and life, I hate to be on the receiving end of her medical care.

Life is not like it was for you in the Boomer heydey of cheap college tuition and lower cost of living. If you are not lucky enough to come from some form of wealth or a family/ spouse to support you through college, the only alternative is to take out loans. Yes, you can choose not go to school, but then you are stuck at low-paying jobs going nowhere. What a choice. How much do you think it takes for two - four years of personal living expenses, books and tuition, especially if you live in any of the expensive metropolitan areas of the country?

Indiana Jones   befriend (0)   ignore (1)   Sat, 2 Jul 2016, 9:21am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 13

Just keep on drinking flouridated water...

Indiana Jones   befriend (0)   ignore (1)   Fri, 1 Jul 2016, 5:13pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 14

Ironman says

So, that's YOUR excuse why you're so fucking lazy, selfish and entitled? Blaming your parents?

Millennials absolutely have a right to blame their Boomer parents. It's the Boomers who have no excuse for their behavior.

Indiana Jones   befriend (0)   ignore (1)   Fri, 1 Jul 2016, 1:40pm PDT   Like   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 15

They are desperately trying to disarm the American People. Read the chilling article below about the reasons why and how they are legally creating psy-ops for "perception management".

http://themillenniumreport.com/2016/01/false-flags-are-legal-propaganda-produced-by-the-department-of-defense/

From the Article:

"Our research lead us to discover the tenets of the National Defense Authorization Act of 2012 which makes it legal to propagate and broadcast propaganda within America. We are all being treated like enemy combatants whose “perception” must be managed to come in line with presidential “national security” policies. The Department of Defense may now broadcast propaganda with the approval and authority of the Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG) both internationally and domestically. Just Google it folks. There is actually an agency with this name.

... We then studied the United Nations Small Arms Treaty which Obama signed in 2011, but couldn’t get Congress to ratify. In this treaty we found the goal Obama is driving towards — disarm America, with the help of the United Nations. But two things have to happen: 1) we have to give up our guns or have them taken from us and 2) the UN has to have a military presence in our country. Keep in mind that the United Nations cannot have a military presence in our country, unless invited.

...The National Defense Authorization Act of 2012, which was just updated for 2016, provides that the Department of Defense, through the Broadcasting Board of Governors, controls all broadcasting both international and domestic. Therefore, Obama is acting legally carrying out “false flag” events inside the US borders. Obama is not a traitor for this activity; he is a lawyer who made it legal to be a traitor.

...Through the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act the US government has the legal regulation to use propaganda against foreign audiences and American citizens. The intention is to sway public opinion by using television, radio, newspapers, and social media targeting American and foreign targets in controlled psy-ops or perception management....

Indiana Jones   befriend (0)   ignore (1)   Fri, 1 Jul 2016, 12:29pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 16

Ironman says

A big reason falls back on their parents. They raised these useless fuckers, let them get away with murder, gave them trophy after trophy and now can't figure out why they're not moving on with their lives.

Ironman says

Which goes back to my comment that the parents are to blame. Little Johnny and Susie don't need to work teenaged jobs because mommy and daddy give them cars, pay the gas, give them allowance, pay for their iPhones, buy their clothes, pay for everything else, ect.

Hell, why work when mommy and daddy enable you to sit in the basement and play video games all day.

So CIC/Ironman, basically you are saying what we all know to be true: It's the Boomer's Fault!

By and large, Boomers are the parents of the Millennials and they seriously screwed up their kids. Yet, Boomers seem to be the one who most loudly complain about the Millennials, completely disconnected from the fact their own selfish, greedy and narcissistic tendencies were the fundamental reasons why the Millennial generation is struggling. Boomer's taught their Millennial children to be entitled and selfish because the Boomers are entitled and selfish!

Indiana Jones   befriend (0)   ignore (1)   Wed, 29 Jun 2016, 12:50pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 17

This seems like a standard of living vs quality of life issue. In some affluent parts of America (like the BA) we have a very high standard of living, but often a lower quality of life due to overworking and lack of time for family and relationships.

Quality of Life

Quality of life is the general well-being of individuals and societies, outlining negative and positive features of life. It observes life satisfaction, including everything from physical health, family, education, employment, wealth, religious beliefs, finance and the environment.

Standard indicators of the quality of life include not only wealth and employment but also the built environment, physical and mental health, education, recreation and leisure time, and social belonging.

Quality of life should not be confused with the concept of standard of living, which is based primarily on income.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_of_life

Standard of Living

Standard of living refers to the level of wealth, comfort, material goods and necessities available to a certain socioeconomic class in a certain geographic area. The standard of living includes factors such as income, quality and availability of employment, class disparity, poverty rate, quality and affordability of housing, hours of work required to purchase necessities, gross domestic product, inflation rate, amount of leisure time every year, affordable (or free) access to quality healthcare, quality and availability of education, life expectancy, incidence of disease, cost of goods and services, infrastructure, national economic growth, economic and political stability, political and religious freedom, environmental quality, climate and safety. The standard of living is closely related to quality of life.[1] In 2013, the Human Development Index ranked the top six countries for quality of living as: Norway, Australia, Switzerland, Netherlands, United States and Germany.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_of_living

iwog says

Heraclitusstudent says

How is that person rich in actual terms?

Pretty fucking rich.

Heraclitusstudent says

The life style maybe intellectually engaging, but it is mostly devoid of actual luxury that would truly enrich his life.

Then why is he there?

It's difficult for us silver-spoon Westerners to imagine a life without any hope until you die of owning a car, yet most of the world lives like this. The most straightforward definition of wealth that I've ever heard was this: Wealth is a measure of how much freedom you have to make decisions.

Indiana Jones   befriend (0)   ignore (1)   Wed, 29 Jun 2016, 12:29pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 18

The Chinese Mafia is alive, well, and all over the damn place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triad_(organized_crime)

A triad is one of many branches of Chinese transnational organized crime organizations based in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and also in countries with significant Chinese populations, such as the United States, Canada, Vietnam, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Netherlands, France, Spain, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

Indiana Jones   befriend (0)   ignore (1)   Mon, 27 Jun 2016, 5:20pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 19

They could have gotten away with all their insanitary conditions in China, no problem. Thank God for America!

Indiana Jones   befriend (0)   ignore (1)   Fri, 24 Jun 2016, 5:54pm PDT   Like (2)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 20

He will be missed.

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about   source code  

#housing   #investing   #politics   #economics   #humor  
please recommend patrick.net to your friends