Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 23 Jul 2014 in Addendum: No Kids and now, generally losing interest in women, Indiana Jones said:

Rin, have you ever been in love? Not loved, but IN love with another person?

I ask this because when people are in love, they often want to share their lives with the other person. This means physically, socially, emotionally and yes, financially. Have you experienced this?

• On 22 Jul 2014 in The modern women can no longer cook, they no longer want children and..., Indiana Jones said:

turtledove says

I'm so impressed that you invented stuff. Men only had a thousand-year head start on women!

Try three-thousand, at least!

• On 22 Jul 2014 in Addendum: No Kids and now, generally losing interest in women, Indiana Jones said:

iwog says

Are we clear now that you're a childish fuck who has no argument so you start flinging poop?

I think we are.

Lovely.

• On 22 Jul 2014 in Addendum: No Kids and now, generally losing interest in women, Indiana Jones said:

Rin says

What needs to happen is that others around me, need to give me some feeling that they're worth, something, other than someone to pity.

I may be totally off track here, but maybe you haven't met someone who you feel is your equal, not yet. If your mom has some emotional issues, it is possible you are unconsciously repeating some similar relationship dynamics, for example dating women who are emotionally unstable or depressed or bi-polar. This is actually really common for all types of people. You may have felt the need in some way as a child to try to make your mom better/happy and this can translate into your adult relationships.

If this is true in any way, then there are ways to work through this so you can start to find women who are your emotional and intellectual equals. First, be willing to look deeply at how you view your mother and how you experience your relationship with her. Take this with a grain of salt or not.

• On 22 Jul 2014 in The modern women can no longer cook, they no longer want children and..., Indiana Jones said:

iwog says

My experience is that less than 10% of women in America are willing to engage in an actual debate about anything.

My wife is capable of it and many educated women abroad actually crave intellectual discourse, but in this country trying to have a rational discussion usually ends up with massive hostility and even violence.

Remember.........

This is ALWAYS what you are dealing with. If you say ANYTHING to in ANY way alter that image, you are in for a world of pain.

This is such bullshit. Women don't debate with you because you come across as a misogynist and you use fallacies to terrorize anyone who doesn't agree with your narrow conclusions. Why would any reasonable woman waste their time?

In this post alone and not in specific order -- used by IWOG:

Red herring – a speaker attempts to distract an audience by deviating from the topic at hand by introducing a separate argument the speaker believes is easier to speak to

Appeal to ridicule – an argument is made by presenting the opponent's argument in a way that makes it appear ridiculous

Argument from repetition (argumentum ad nauseam) – signifies that it has been discussed extensively until nobody cares to discuss it anymore.

Abusive fallacy – a subtype of "ad hominem" when it turns into verbal abuse of the opponent rather than arguing about the originally proposed argument

And to bgmall: Argumentum ad baculum (appeal to the stick, appeal to force, appeal to threat) – an argument made through coercion or threats of force to support position

Rin - You may delete this too. I hate to be blunt, but on these threads you really show your immaturity, shallowness , and selfishness. Immature point of view, shallow concept of relationships and intimacy, and being selfish of your time, energy and money that you could give to someone you care about. Lots of sweeping generalizations about women. From your own descriptions it is clear you objectify women as something to be used and discarded (dehumanized), and from your described actions and attitude about women, it leads me to think you literally hate females.

Paying for sex is degrading for both yourself and the prostitute - objectifying at its finest - she is just a receptacle and you are just dollar bills.

I thought you might be gay, as you seem to exhibit a few of the same characteristics as some closeted gay men, but it seems something more complex. And the hatred precludes it being a testosterone issue.

To take a stab at it -- I'd say some serious issues with your mother that you are obviously not ready to consciously look at, possibly more conscious is a serious heartbreak from your past…not sure, and I don't want to spend more time and energy on it.

Rin says

This is a message to SoftShell ... it appears that Corntrollio, Ceffer, Iwog, Original Bankster, New Renter, and I are actually having a dialogue.

• On 22 Jul 2014 in Chelsea Manning to get sex change treatments at military lockup, Indiana Jones said:

Maybe it was because the picture is small and I could not make out exactly what was going on, but I just want you to know from my perspective it looked like you had just come from feasting on blood, with blood around the mouth and on the shirt. Maybe this was what you intended? It is completely your prerogative, of course, and you have a right to use any picture you desire. At the same time, others have a right to comment on that picture, woman or man, right or wrong.

• On 20 Jul 2014 in Chelsea Manning to get sex change treatments at military lockup, Indiana Jones said:

The Original Bankster says

and seriously turtledove, you look like a witch. yes, you have lost it.

Is this the newest trend- the vampire look? Or just one too many Twilight episodes?

In any case, difficult and scary to look at.

• On 16 Jul 2014 in Addendum: No Kids and now, generally losing interest in women, Indiana Jones said:

Rin says

Addendum: No Kids and now, generally losing interest in women

Have you looked at the possibility of your interest in men? No judgment here, just something to think about...

http://www.creators.com/advice/tales-from-the-front/finding-out-he-s-gay-in-his-30s.html

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/12/11/coming.out.late.life/

From the other side:

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/it-happened-to-me-i-didnt-know-i-was-a-lesbian

• On 2 Jul 2014 in What happend to the real estate links on the right hand column?, Indiana Jones said:

So looking at the posts here, I surmise nobody knows what happened to the links.

• On 1 Jul 2014 in Americans less satisfied with freedom, Indiana Jones said:

Is this doublespeak? This story came out of D.C., that might explain why they'd title it so inanely. Dissatisfaction with "Perceived Freedom", please, not "Freedom".

• On 27 Jun 2014 in Live-In Nanny Refuses To Work or Move Out, Indiana Jones said:

If this was happening in a rent controlled city like San Francisco, it would be nearly impossible to get her out of the house. The rent board would provide her a virtually free lawyer and the homeowners would probably have to pay her some kind of settlement.

• On 27 Jun 2014 in UC Davis: Home kitchens rife with food safety issues, Indiana Jones said:

They said for years to rinse your chicken before cooking. If you're not supposed to rinse your chicken the kitchen sink, where are you supposed to rinse your chicken? In the bathtub?

• On 26 Jun 2014 in Ann Coulter turns interest in World Cup into a multiculturalism bashing issue., Indiana Jones said:

Bitch!

• On 26 Jun 2014 in Poor pussy, Indiana Jones said:

I am sure this picture went over the "head" of most parents of the time, who had no idea of the subliminal warfare being waged against humanity through marketing, advertising and art.

• On 24 Jun 2014 in Gen X And Gen Y: The Boomers Stole your Wealth, Indiana Jones said:

"It seems that way because I and many people I know in my age cohort don't fit you stupid generalizations in the slightest."

Okay, Marcus, you are an exception. I know there are many more exceptions to the generalization, as always. But no way is sbh or call it crazy getting any free pass. ; )

• On 23 Jun 2014 in Gen X And Gen Y: The Boomers Stole your Wealth, Indiana Jones said:

You make a lot of personal assumptions about me, Marcus. Yet, what I notice is how you are taking this article quite personally. Think what you want of my so called "pathetic life". I don't actually care a hoot what you think you know about me. I post this so Gen Xers and Y's have an understanding of what happened, so they don't take all the blame onto themselves, which they tend to do.

I don't expect you to understand this.

• On 23 Jun 2014 in Gen X And Gen Y: The Boomers Stole your Wealth, Indiana Jones said:

marcus says

Indiana Jones says

I'm sorry, Marcus, I couldn't hear your screeching over the loud din of Boomers beating on their chest and shouting "Mine,... Mine,.. Mine!"

Compelling argument ? Or envy, you decide.

Disappointment. Your generation was what us Gen Xers and Y's looked up to, in a way. The media followed your every move. What you did always seemed to matter! You almost never heard about any other generation-- before or after. You were free love, hippies, counter culture, yuppies, movers and shakers. The big Chill, 30 something; it was all about you! You were older, better, bigger-- you had the numbers to make a difference! And you were going to change the world!

Except you didn't. You didn't even come close. In fact, you took the "Me" generation way too far and went over the edge. Your self - centered ways have blinded your generation-- you can't even see what you've done to screw over upcoming generations!

This is a huge disappointment! Look at where the world is now! You went from 'trust no one over 30' to 'the one who dies with the most toys wins', on to 'greed is good', NIMBYism and now to blaming succeeding generations for the struggles they face in a whacked out system you helped create and sustain.

I'm sorry, Marcus, I couldn't hear your screeching over the loud din of Boomers beating on their chest and shouting "Mine,... Mine,.. Mine!"

Hmmm...how many Boomers are actually going to read the article?

I say not very many, since they do not want to be confronted with the truth they can not, will not, see.

CaptainShuddup says

he he he, well go kick their asses, the youngsters are all of 71 you can take him.

In the old days, folks that bashed the elderly were Creeps, now it's just Cute.

In the old days, the "elderly" didn't screw over their descendants first.

The Professor says

Indiana Jones says

"That’s right, the Boomers, in allegiance with the financial elite, engineered a transfer of all other generations’ income to themselves.

I, a boomer, never stole anyone's income.

Age war. The oligarchs love it when we fight amongst our selves while letting them get away with robbery, burglary, and murder.

It says "in allegiance with the financial elites". What did the Boomers do to stop the theft of wealth? Nothing. Along with the oligarchs, the Boomers are complicit due to their narcissism and greed. Take some responsibility!

The thing is, the boomers will continue this until they die or until there just isn't anyone left to fleece. They have no idea how unattractive it is to any non-boomers when they glory in their own selfishness and greed.

• On 23 Jun 2014 in Good read on the history of fasces, Indiana Jones said:

There is no irony here. It looks like a subversive and symbolic way to promote and support the third reich from America without ever having to publicly announce it.

The fact that Americans don't react to to the fasces is because of their ignorance of symbolism. Americans usually think only of the swastika as a symbol of nazism and fascism.

• On 19 Jun 2014 in Tiny house community: A godsend to the middle-class, Indiana Jones said:

The title of the thread is inaccurate. Tiny housing is NOT a godsend for the middle class. This article is about putting homeless people in small boxes to create a community vibe.

Tiny houses are being media-glorified so as to get Americans to agree with the idea that living in a small box is a cool, hip, and good thing.

Opposing Mcmansions doesn't need to equate to tiny dwellings. Humans have a right to a decent amount of living space, not tiny cramped spaces.

• On 19 Jun 2014 in What Would Really Happen If Earth Were Visited By Extraterrestials, Indiana Jones said:

If SETI were going to have "contact", you'd think at this point it'd have already happened. Besides being a front or cover story, I can't think of why they are still trying to contact aliens by "radio".

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 120 milliseconds to create.