comments by freak80

freak80   befriend   ignore   Wed, 5 Mar 2014, 2:14am PST   Share   Quote   Like (4)   Dislike (2)     Comment 1

Facts don't matter. People believe what they *want* to believe. Then they cherry-pick the information that confirms those beliefs and ignore any conflicting information.

"Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up."

freak80   befriend   ignore   Tue, 4 Mar 2014, 6:01am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 2

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says

Fuck, I'd join the catholic church if they'd get with contemporary needs and start crucifying bankers. Who wouldn't?

Amen! Serve up their bodies and blood every Sunday morning.

freak80   befriend   ignore   Tue, 4 Mar 2014, 6:00am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Comment 3

Quigley says

When I was growing up in the 80s and 90s, my parents generation were mostly convinced the world was about to end. Whether it was nuclear holocaust or some type of biblical Armageddon scenario, everyone seemed to agree that "the end is near"(TM)

The end is still near. It's called global warming. Unfortunately, it will be a slower and far more painful death than nuclear war or the Biblical Armageddon. And there's no way to avoid global warming since our survival (at current population levels) depends on burning fossil fuels.

freak80   befriend   ignore   Tue, 4 Mar 2014, 5:51am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 4

Is it ok if I disown my American Taliban parents?

freak80   befriend   ignore   Tue, 4 Mar 2014, 5:35am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 5

Ceffer says

When the Catholic Church starts serving up FACE, I'll be impressed.

They do. I think it's called the Eucharist.

freak80   befriend   ignore   Tue, 4 Mar 2014, 5:26am PST   Share   Quote   Like (6)   Dislike (2)     Comment 6

Correct. One cold winter in eastern North America proves that global warming is bullshit. ;-)

freak80   befriend   ignore   Fri, 22 Nov 2013, 1:57am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 7

The question is: how much longer will stocks keep going up at their current rapid rate?

I suppose the perception that Bernanke "has their back" is keeping the market going. In economics, perception = reality.

freak80   befriend   ignore   Fri, 22 Nov 2013, 1:51am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 8

Dunross is buying gold on margin.

freak80   befriend   ignore   Fri, 15 Nov 2013, 9:14am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 9

Iwog, as much as I'd like to meet "the duck" in person, there's probably no time at this point. If I remember right, you live in the east bay and it'd be quite a drive just to meet some guy from the Internet (me). Right now I'm in North Beach getting some italian food. I'll probably taking Bart back to Millbrae in a few hours. I fly out tomorrow.

freak80   befriend   ignore   Fri, 15 Nov 2013, 8:47am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 10

Thanks to all for the advice! Today is my last day, I fly back to Corning/Elmira tomorrow morning.

The weather was perfect today, so I was out taking pictures. I took the Big Bus tour which had to be re-routed due to Batkid! :-)

freak80   befriend   ignore   Thu, 14 Nov 2013, 4:00pm PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 11

I'm not from New York City. Corning is a long way from New York City, about 3 or 4 hours by car. Corning is pretty much a small town in the middle of nowhere.

freak80   befriend   ignore   Thu, 14 Nov 2013, 10:06am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 12

Going to take the night-time bus tour across the bay bridge since I'm afraid to drive across it myself. Yeah, the acrophobia is *that* bad.

freak80   befriend   ignore   Thu, 14 Nov 2013, 8:24am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 13

Ok I'm in the Castro right now. But not naked.

freak80   befriend   ignore   Thu, 14 Nov 2013, 3:27am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 14

Where can I meet him?

freak80   befriend   ignore   Wed, 13 Nov 2013, 1:10pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 15

Any Bay Area Patnet members want to meet me for lunch tomorrow? Or maybe that's a bad idea to give up Internet anonymity. Maybe I'll just take a picture of myself in front of a famous landmark, like when Patrick himself visited the Fed in DC.

freak80   befriend   ignore   Wed, 13 Nov 2013, 12:26pm PST   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike (1)     Comment 16

In a globalized economy, everyone makes Bangladesh wages.*

*except for the protected banking class

freak80   befriend   ignore   Wed, 13 Nov 2013, 12:15pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 17

I'll have to get a photo of the sign tomorrow.

freak80   befriend   ignore   Wed, 13 Nov 2013, 11:25am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 18

RFHTC,

I saw a billboard right on El Camino Real in San Bruno that said, "Stay calm. Buy Real estate." No joke.

freak80   befriend   ignore   Wed, 13 Nov 2013, 11:04am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 19

I learned how to get the 3-day muni pass for $22, so I'll just stay in San Bruno & Millbrae and take BART into the city. That way there's no parking issues.

Wow that fog came in hard and fast this afternoon. Is that typical? It wasn't like that yesterday.

freak80   befriend   ignore   Wed, 13 Nov 2013, 12:04am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 20

Ok, thanks to everyone for the advice!

Acrophobia sucks, so I won't be biking across the bridges or taking any balloon rides. ;-)

I have a rental car, is parking going to be a problem near golden gate park?

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about