comments by dublin hillz

dublin hillz   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Thu, 28 Apr 2016, 11:43am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 1

thunderlips11 says

And then the companies will just move overseas.

Not if the contract has strong job security provisions.

dublin hillz   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Thu, 28 Apr 2016, 11:38am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 2

I believe that unionization is a much better answer as it will raise salaries without drastic across the board price increases that destroy purchase power (as tariffs would do). In some cases, it simply makes no sense to implement tariffs as certain countries are simply better at manufacturing electronics, etc and the consumer should not be forced to pay unjustifiably higher prices to buy the goods or to buy inferior domestic products.

dublin hillz   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Thu, 28 Apr 2016, 11:23am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 3

lostand confused says

Globalism is good, why don't you hungry peasants eat cake!!

I believe you mean to say that trump is a communist trojan horse.

dublin hillz   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Thu, 28 Apr 2016, 11:00am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 4

zzyzzx says

Then Trump can call her a coward for not going head to head.

LOL, he will be out of ammo on that one considering that he has been dodging Ted Cruz for months now.

dublin hillz   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Wed, 27 Apr 2016, 2:34pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 5

lostand confused says

Does he really want a Corporate person who fired thousands and bought a corporate jet with that money as his VP

Why not, he can solidify his cred with the anti-populists plus pressure hillary for the woman vote in the general election if he happens to win the nomination.

dublin hillz   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Wed, 27 Apr 2016, 2:28pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 6

In our HOA, deadbeats are crucified on a quarterly basis right next to community gym. It's a truly delightful scene. We even merged it with the wine night social. Kids are invited to watch, the elderly race each other down developer paid streets to get to the front of the line. The attendance and the drinking has increased to the point that next day no one can believe what just happened. But, on a positive note, we have built up impressive reserves that we don't anticipate any special assessments any time soon.

dublin hillz   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Wed, 27 Apr 2016, 10:42am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Comment 7

Don't let the days go by
Hillary
We should be easier on you
Bill only cheated cause he wanted to
Hillary
I'll off-shore their job
I'll put them in jail
They'll vote for me
Without fail
Hillary
Don't let the days go by
Hillary

dublin hillz   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Mon, 25 Apr 2016, 4:41pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 8

My theory is that he listened to "perfect drug" by NIN and took it literally and ODd.

dublin hillz   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Mon, 25 Apr 2016, 4:26pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike (1)     Comment 9

Given, his unfavorables ratings, it's not just the "hillary crowd." Regardless though, many folks will vote against him because at the end of the day many of us do not want to see the country take a fascist populist right turn. We have seen the killing fields of europe to know where things like this end up. You will hear loud and clear from us on election day. And you can take that to the bank.

dublin hillz   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Mon, 25 Apr 2016, 10:24am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 10

If we eat genetically modified foods, we can eventually become the master race with immunity to deceases that kill the commoners. We know that in the past people ate "natural", we know that they all died. The upside is unlimited!

dublin hillz   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Fri, 22 Apr 2016, 4:36pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 11

Nurse Ratched got a compote of haldol, ativan and benadryl waiting for you and lobotomy is in order if you keep on bringing up benghazi after that.

dublin hillz   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Fri, 22 Apr 2016, 2:58pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 12

Strategist says

Unskilled and lazy workers are not productive. It's the corporations that get exploited by having to pay minimum wages to worthless bums

Even if there was no minimum wage, why would someone hire a "worthless bum" for $1 per hour as that "bum" would only destroy the business due to anger over low pay to go along with a questionable work ethic?

dublin hillz   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Thu, 21 Apr 2016, 3:18pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 13

You can't really insist on having the right to overstay the end of the rental agreement. Landlord is technically under no obligation to honor the extension. Just like in a hotel, you can't insist on staying a few extra days without payment just cause something comes up, at best they may allow a late checkout free of charge.

In the future, I would advise that if you continue to rent go with a national reputable company like avalon or whoever bought out archstone. Things are much better spelled out and you will avoid the ambiguities that come with renting from a private individual. Besides, you can invest in a REIT and get some money back in a form of a dividend lol

dublin hillz   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Thu, 21 Apr 2016, 12:41pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 14

Blurtman says

It is how the card works. If you against about my pet cause, you are a hate filled brute, who doesn't like backs, gays or breastfeeding women. You are to be shunned!

This problem is not exclusive to the right or the left, in fact it's present in any wing extremism. Some people are simply extremely opinionated and cannot tolerate dissent due to lack of willingness to debate academically and because they have not done proper introspection on the issues at hand.

dublin hillz   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Thu, 21 Apr 2016, 11:26am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 15

Blurtman says

PC education and program implementation is probably a great consulting business today

However, when most people originally form their views, it comes from the institutions of family and peer groups and they are unlikely to be PC. Therefore, "PC education and program implementation " cannot possibly have an unfair advantage in the battle for hearts and minds.

dublin hillz   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Thu, 21 Apr 2016, 10:16am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 16

thunderlips11 says

Nope, he's free to give his opinion on his own time on his own Facebook account. Company can suck it. Free Speech must be absolute.

This by the way, is the ultimate test as to whether somebody is for voluntary exchange, or supports special privileges for employers over their employees.

Public figures are a reflection of the company and therefore must be held to a higher standard than a typical citizen.

dublin hillz   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Thu, 21 Apr 2016, 10:06am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 17

thunderlips11 says

When you are exchanging labor for money, you're not selling your soul, just your labor

He would only be "selling his soul" if he was forced by the company to voice support for political issues that violated his beliefs. All he had to do was simply not comment either way and focus on analyzing baseball.

dublin hillz   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Thu, 21 Apr 2016, 9:54am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 18

ESPN is a global company much like coca cola and Schilling's statements are clearly inconsistent with the company's vision of who they are and what they want to be. Much like limbaugh a few years ago on the network, he demonstrated repeated acts of lack of self control and schilling was actually given several chances to correct his behavior. Despite numerous opportunities, he still failed like a hooked alcoholic to see the forest for the trees and exercise better judgement.

dublin hillz   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Thu, 21 Apr 2016, 9:48am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 19

Personally, I would rather pay off the mortgage in my 40s even if I could hypothetically have a higher net worth in my 60s if I were to make minimum monthly mortgage payments and "invest the difference" between prepayment and minimum payment into the stock market. The freedom and security that comes with paying off the death pledge so much earlier in life is absolutely priceless and I am currently working on that project.

dublin hillz   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Tue, 19 Apr 2016, 3:19pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 20

Hillary and Kasich present the smallest amount of downside risk so for those who would like to preserve the status quo, those picks make the most sense. Bernie's election would send signal to corporate elites that they are being put on notice due to offshoring/outsourcing/H1B, but the country overall is currently not ready for high tax/high spend model that hits all brackets (40-60 years away) from that. Cruz knows how to present himself in public, but the fact that he is being backed by people like Mark Levin is definitely a cause for concern. Trump would represent a shift towards right wing fascism, but I am confident that america will not elect him because we have 200+ years of democracy behind us while Germany only had about 16 years of Weimar when adolph hitler came to power and was more vulnerable to strongman orators/cult of personality due to lack of experience with free societies.

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about   free bumper sticker  

please recommend patrick.net to your friends