Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 30 Aug 2014 in Woman Uses Her Gun To Ward Off Abduction, New Renter said:

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says

zzyzzx says

IF she had had a M134, she could have turned these two thugs into mincemeat for pigeons to eat.

You know she regrets leaving the house without the ultimate authority on safety - the M134.

I dunno, she looks like a better canidate for an M249.

It's standard issue for today's retirees.

• On 30 Aug 2014 in My first real estate bear thread (ever), New Renter said:

cloud15 says

New Delhi i, Bombay are in a different class iof their own ( even more expensive ) but let me talk about a unknown city Chandigarh.

Fixer uppers or tear down houses in 5400sq feet sell for $1.3M or more.

http://chandigarhcity.olx.in/1-kanal-house-available-in-sec-28-genuine-buyer-only-contact-iid-697003365

It has always been expensive to own a SFH house in New Delhi or Bombay ...SFH in a big city ( developing world ) is elite thing which most people have been stopped dreaming about from atleast more than 2 decades.

The link you provided shows nothing.

• On 30 Aug 2014 in Housing Stumbling in Slowest Season for U.S., New Renter said:

Strategist says

Analyzer says

Strategist says

bubblesitter says

At some point tables have to turn. No more multiple offers outbidding each other is a good start for buyers.

Sure is. The perfect opportunity. It's now or never.

I choose never................

You'll be sorry!

Sez the perma-bull

• On 30 Aug 2014 in Legislature sends groundwater regulation package to governor, New Renter said:

Does this bill include saline aquifers?

• On 30 Aug 2014 in How 'bout that X99 platform . . ., New Renter said:

Wow, do you really have that much free time to play games?

if you do this site may help you in your choice of graphics cards:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net

I upgraded my older system a few weeks ago and selected a GeForce 750 TI based on the bang for the buck chart. I steered clear of ATI as their cards seem to have much greater power requirements and reports of loud cooling fans. So far my card has been dead quiet and goes great with my 120 hz overclocked single 2560x1440 korean knockoff monitor.

I also put in a 250 gb Kingston SSD main drive along with a SATA 3 riser card. while the machine boots a LOT faster and is smoother to drive my benchmarks don't show much of a gain over a spinning drive. I did change the bios from IDE to AHCI with no difference. It may be that I am still on XP, or my older (2010) MB / I5 CPU. Upgrading those will be a harder sell though, especially since my rig is running well.

• On 29 Aug 2014 in CA-if a woman smiles, enjoys sex with you-you still raped her, New Renter said:

iwog says

that one study the number of women who ADMITTED they lied was 41%. Therefore the number of false rapes in that particular study is GREATER than 41%.

Here is a link to the original study should anyone care to read it:

https://ia600406.us.archive.org/1/items/FalseRapeAllegations/false-rape-allegations-archive.pdf

You might also find this interesting:

http://www.mediaradar.org/mcdowell_kanin_credible.php

Some take home messages:

From the Kanin study:

Although very little information exists regarding the characteristics of the complainant, some data can be offered. These false complainants are all white, largely of lower socioeconomic background, and the majority were modestly educated. Only three complainants had any education beyond high school. The mean age of these women was 22. On the basis of the limited information available, these women could not be distinguished from those whose complaints were recorded as valid.

From the McDowall interview regarding his Air Force study:

...the physical injuries of false victims are usually superficial minor cuts, scratches, or abrasions. Although they may appear to be extensive, they don't amount to much. The cuts and scratches virtually never cross the eyes, the lips, the nipples, or the vagina proper. You typically see a peculiar hatching or cross-hatching effect in the scratches. What happens here is that the false victim scratches herself but does not immediately see a welt. She thinks she must not have done it hard enough, so she does it again. She applies another scratch coming from a slightly different direction. By the time the welts began to appear, you get this hatching. You do not see that in legitimate rape cases. ...

I can see that maybe there is some variation in the probability of false rapes - that poorly educated, politically conservative, morally rigid communities may see a much higher occurrence of false rape charges than more educated, politically liberal, morally flexible communities.

• On 29 Aug 2014 in A Sure Cure for Housing Market Doldrums: Underwrite the Dead!, New Renter said:

If the Mormons can baptize them, there is no reason banks and mortgage companies can't write notes for them.

Actual,y this sounds like a GREAT idea!

Reverse mortgage each burial site with the proceeds going to the survivors and the term of the loan to be the average time for the worms to finish their work. At the end of the term the grave is resold by the bank at a huge markup

Love it!

Even better if the bank generates a traditional mortgage and forecloses on everyone at once. Mass evictions (exhumations) ensue and the entire site is converted to cozy basement apartments for the living.

This would fly in the SFBA, I'm sure of it!

• On 29 Aug 2014 in CA-if a woman smiles, enjoys sex with you-you still raped her, New Renter said:

Rin says

Today, no more relationships.

That's OK, you don't need to be in a relationship to explore your furry side. Just an esc*rt who specializes.

• On 29 Aug 2014 in Let's get rid of assault weapons, New Renter said:

Strategist says

New Renter says

zzyzzx says

M134's for everyone!

Given those things can chew through $3000-5000 worth of ammo a minute I don't think that's the best choice for most families.

Call it Crazy says

tovarichpeter says

Let's get rid of assault weapons

Crap, what would I do with all my play toys??

Sell it to ISIS for a huge profit.

Guns but no ammo.

John Bailo says

becomes flirty with a young physics grad student who works out.

You had me up to this point. Unless of course the physics grad student lies and says he's in med school.

John Bailo says

Later on the grad student is convicted of 1st degree Battery and put in jail for 25 years because she said "no".

Beat's 25 years of post-docs!

Rin says

Now, WTF was that? The last time a woman offered to snuggle up with me, overnight sharing the same bed, it was ---CLEAR---, what she really wanted me to do to her. It wasn't to play a teddy bear.

Esc*rts are different matter altogether.

Now if you WANT to play teddy bear, well that's up to you:

http://www.askmen.com/dating/dzimmer_700/739_furries-and-sex.html

• On 29 Aug 2014 in Let's get rid of assault weapons, New Renter said:

zzyzzx says

M134's for everyone!

Given those things can chew through $3000-5000 worth of ammo a minute I don't think that's the best choice for most families.

• On 29 Aug 2014 in The single biggest trend defining the 21st century has men on edge Read more at, New Renter said:

Lady CEOs. Lady bus drivers. Bag ladies. They all hunger for ApocalypseFuck Schlong. Even the lesbians though not IHLs. It's our secret.

With that kind of demand I'm shocked it hasn't been ground down to a nub by now.

Must be all those yams.

• On 29 Aug 2014 in The single biggest trend defining the 21st century has men on edge Read more at, New Renter said:

today’s men frantically search for past glory … in purple pills for ED, Low-T, aging cosmetics, magic solutions to belly fat … playing fantasy football over a six-pack … yearn for the freedom of America’s 19th century Wild West … hero-worship icons like John Wayne … the good old days when old-guy paternalism ruled

Wow, so its MEN who spend their latter years in a fruitless quest to regain their youth?

Somehow I thought it was women pouring billions of dollars into cosmetics, into plastic surgery, into pharma, into hair treatments, and best of all, age inappropriate clothing (40 something women raiding their mid teen daughters wardrobe).

Talk about projecting!

• On 29 Aug 2014 in New Mexico REALTOR Admits Paying 13-year-old Girl on Several Occasions, New Renter said:

What if the Realtor had been a uberhot 25yo and the minors pimple faced geek boys? Would the state be so keen to prosecute or would the court just give the boys high fives?

• On 29 Aug 2014 in Evictions Soar in Hot Market; Renters Suffer, New Renter said:

There's urban living in Maine and Kentucky?

So how is this supposed to change the whole "he said / she said" problem? The guy can still say she said "yes" when she may not have actually consented and she can say she was "raped" even if she was the aggressor.

Without a written, notarized contract or a professional, unbiased camera and sound crew on site to record the entire act in 3D 4k def who's to say what really happened?

• On 29 Aug 2014 in STEM graduate says he can't find a job, New Renter said:

CaptainShuddup says

New Renter says

If you are talking about C level execs and paper pushers working at STEM companies they don't count unless by some act of God they actually spend a significant portion of their days at the bench. They don't. I've worked with a few of these people in my day and I can tell you their eyes glaze over at the first hint of actual technology.... That is until their brains reset into buzzword capture mode.

That was disingenuous reply, if you want to say that they are rare, then do so. But to marginalize people who are self starters, learners and self studied, as interlopers is over selling your self and our crappy education system.

Disingenuous? Hardly. Most companies are staffed with people who never enter the lab yet work at a STEM company. I was merely pointing out these people do not count as having STEM careers. Pushing paper does not make you a scientist, technician, engineer or mathematician. Their careers are STEM dependent, but not STEM.

Now if you want to weigh into the discussion with your own experience as a carpet layer who through sheer old fashioned gumption and power of will began a successful career as a highly sought after programmer (or meth cook) please do.

• On 29 Aug 2014 in STEM graduate says he can't find a job, New Renter said:

Mark D says

STEM jobs may not be as shiny as many had perceived due to outsourcing but this article screams extreme exaggerations. it clearly is written by a bullshitter and may be an incompetent one as well.

Mark D says

what about the millions who never studied STEM but are now working in STEM?

What was that again?

If you are talking about C level execs and paper pushers working at STEM companies they don't count unless by some act of God they actually spend a significant portion of their days at the bench. They don't. I've worked with a few of these people in my day and I can tell you their eyes glaze over at the first hint of actual technology.... That is until their brains reset into buzzword capture mode.

• On 28 Aug 2014 in STEM graduate says he can't find a job, New Renter said:

Rin says

Here's the thing ... real creative work, may or may not pay anything. Did any of Leonardo Da Vinci's flying machines ever come to fruition? No, Leo was a few centuries short of realizing his vision.

I'm not so sure about that last part:

In WWII several British POW's built a WORKING glider out of bedsheets, porridge, and castle floor boards as prisoners of war in Colditz castle, Germany's most "secure" prison.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/naziprison/colditz.html

The castle was already a few hundred years old by the time Leonardo was working on his flying contraptions. The prisoners were liberated on the eve of their escape attempt and the original glider was lost to history but an exact recreation made 65 years later with the same materials flew beautifully.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-03-17/colditz-castle-glider-escape-plot-realised-more-than-65-years-after-the-war

Leonardo had access to the same and better materials e.g. silk, spruce wood, purpose built fixtures. He also had MUCH better tools available and he was not under armed guard.

If his flying contraptions didn't work it was because the designs were flawed. Seriously do you think THIS could ever fly?

• On 28 Aug 2014 in I'm liquidating all my stocks and going to cash, New Renter said:

iwog says

E-man says

Thanks bud.

Wow, now I really hope I'm right. GL =)

I'm out too.

Rin says

Peter P says

Rin says

New Renter says

So far all I have heard from you people is of a shortage of exceptional (competent) programmers in the SFBA

BTW, there is a shortage of exceptional prop traders in finance.

And the reason for that is they're already millionaires and thus, demand more of the firm's bonuses than anyone else.

If anything, you want to be that *unicorn*.

Yeah. That skill is even harder to come by. Worse yet, some promising prop traders are false prophets who end up losing big.

Fortunately, our firm has got one of them and thus, I'm externally grateful that he's kept our system going, whereas otherwise, we would have burnt out by year 3.

Here's a classic trajectory of one, who's starting out as a full timer ...

Year One, $70K-100K salary, light on the bonus.

Then someone in the back office analyzes this person's work. Then year two,

Year Two, $150K salary, $300K bonus

Now, the partners are convinced ...

Year Three, $250K salary, $500K-$1M bonus
    Year Four, $250K salary, $1M plus

And then, you lose count of the decimal places.

Great, a target for my kid to shoot for! What can I do to encourage my kid to head down that path?

Also what's the fallback position should that first year not work out?

Peter P says

No, P&L is very real.

Rin says

New Renter says

Peter P says

Yeah. That skill is even harder to come by. Worse yet, some promising prop traders are false prophets who end up losing big.

maybe because that profession rewards bullshit more than facts.

No, that's my job. I'm the professional BS artist.

My bad, my apologies to you both.

Peter P says

maybe because that profession rewards bullshit more than facts.

Rin says

New Renter says

bangfest without demanding money

That part isn't a problem for me :-)

You're also not the one bitching about a STEM shortage.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 298 milliseconds to create.