Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 15 Sep 2014 in Having children in an overpopulated world, New Renter said:

swebb says

It's arguable whether or not the US is overpopulated, anyway, even if the world is

If you can see/hear/smell your nearest neighbors your area may be overpopulated.

• On 15 Sep 2014 in Having children in an overpopulated world, New Renter said:

Quigley says

I had a good reason. Any guesses as to what it was?

Replacement parts?
    Retirement plan?
    Cheap labor?
    Anchor babies?
    Mo' sweet, sweet welfare?

So many reasons to have kids these days.

• On 15 Sep 2014 in GM and Dealers are Cheap Assholes, New Renter said:

Call it Crazy says

New Renter says

My uncle swears by GM.

Are you sure it's not swears "AT" GM?

Probably that to when the occasion calls for it

• On 14 Sep 2014 in GM and Dealers are Cheap Assholes, New Renter said:

My uncle swears by GM. He's quite pleased with his Volt.

What's your ride Ellie?

• On 14 Sep 2014 in I never should have followed my dreams, New Renter said:

Like training them not to Dan8267 says

Translation: I had an unimportant, low-skill job in an organization so insignificant that I have to mention Obama once just submitted a job application to this organization when he was 19 and looking for an internship. This job could be done faster and better with a 100-lines or fewer .NET app. But it was my job, so I have to inflate it's importance.

Too bad the Swiss patent office isn't hiring - it worked out well for another Ashkenazi Jew:

In June 1902, Einstein received the letter he’d been impatiently waiting for: a positive answer regarding his application to be a technical assistant - level III at the federal patent office in Bern. One month later he was examining inventions applications for patentability at his famous lectern in room 86, on the third floor of the building on the corner of the Speichergasse and the Genfergasse. The director at the time, Friedrich Haller, was a strict boss. However, Einstein appreciated his superior’s tough-but-benevolent and logical-but-uncompromising character which seemed to stimulate Einstein’s natural critical tendency.

The patent office job — Einstein referred to it, tongue-in-cheek, as his «cobbler's trade» — turned out to be stroke of good fortune because it was excellently paid (3,500 Swiss francs per year) and was undemanding for his nimble intelligence. He spoke of the patent office as «a worldly cloister where he hatched his most beautiful ideas». With his courteousness and modesty and his humorous approach to life, Einstein was very well-liked. On April 1, 1906 he was promoted to technical assistant-level II. He managed his time exactly: eight hours of work, eight hours of «allotria» (miscellaneous) and scientific work and eight hours of sleep (which he often used instead for writing his manuscripts). Much to the patent office's regret, he left in the fall of 1909 to accept the post of Professor Extraordinary in theoretical physics at the University of Zurich.

https://www.ige.ch/en/about-us/einstein/einstein-at-the-patent-office.html

I wonder where his commute and meals fit into that schedule. Probably files them under "work".

• On 14 Sep 2014 in SD school district acquires armored division, New Renter said:

So expensive military surplus hardware is being given away to municipalities and school districts...

How does one go about getting one's self legally identified as a school district or municipality?

• On 14 Sep 2014 in Pour Gasoline Down Kim Jong-un's Throat and Make Him Kiss the Zippo !!!, New Renter said:

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says

Kiss the e-Cig?

Dunno.

Doesn't do it like KISS THE ZIPPO, KIMFUCK!!!

Does this help?

• On 14 Sep 2014 in Pour Gasoline Down Kim Jong-un's Throat and Make Him Kiss the Zippo !!!, New Renter said:

Ceffer says

How about zig zags made of C4 and roll him a fattie?

Won't work.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/c-42.htm

An e-cig might work though.

Quigley says

I'm following my dream while keeping my day job. It's more work, but it's immoral to not support myself and my family if I have the means to do so, even for a "good cause" like following a dream. The article's author seems to have hit that karmic wall. People who succeed rarely do so by foregoing work, or doing less work, for that matter. The success stories are made by people who work like angry bastards to achieve over and above what's considered reasonable, expected, or rational.

True American style success is secretly using company time and resources to build your own business, then telling your boss to go balm himself once the new business is up and running.

I'm sure he can get his old job back! Just follow the 3 steps

Step 1: Buy flowers.
    Step 2: Deliver an application package consisting of flowers, a check made out to HR director personally for the amount of the accumulated unemployment + a 10% inconvenience fee, and a resume. Thsi will get you an onsite interview:
    Step 3: Deliver heartfelt apology to HR director and former manager along with an enthusiastic physical request for sanctifying balm (its the standard interview process these days).

At this point an offer will be made for a position as a contractor with 40% reduction from former pay, no benefits and 20% more workload.

You're welcome.

• On 13 Sep 2014 in Davis returns army junk, New Renter said:

Well if Davis doesn't want this gift perhaps they can regift it... to me!

Lets see the Jonses keep up with THAT!

• On 13 Sep 2014 in Poor logic on mortgages, New Renter said:

The CASH! or the FUCK YOU! ?

Either...both...

Good times.

• On 13 Sep 2014 in Poor logic on mortgages, New Renter said:

It's CASH! or FUCK YOU!, America!

Oh how I miss that.

• On 11 Sep 2014 in Anchorage police confirm Palin family involved in heated Saturday night brawl, New Renter said:

one man's Saturday night brawl is another man's reality show pilot episode.

• On 11 Sep 2014 in Google employees can't afford rent in Bay Area., New Renter said:

I worked with a guy who did this. His work was 250 miles from his home so he just bought a van and lived in it during the week, eating out and in the company break room, showering at the local gym.

It works for some people.

• On 11 Sep 2014 in Multiple Streams of Income, New Renter said:

lostand confused says

Portal says

Friend of mine used to donate semen. Great income generator... but the income is not generated passively.

i think it was in Austalia where they ruled donators can be held liable for child support??

Kansas:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/kansas-sperm-donor-ordered-pay-child-support/story?id=21657212

Other states too:

http://family-law.freeadvice.com/family-law/child_support/artificial_insemination_donor_obligation.htm

• On 11 Sep 2014 in Three strikes and gold is out, New Renter said:

iwog says

As even long term bonds slip into negative real returns, there will be no penalty for stockpiling gold.

Until the gold shitting kissing cousins of the platinum shitting aliens finally arrive. Then we'll be looking for another hard asset to peg our currency to.

Yams - they're the new gold!

• On 11 Sep 2014 in Most people not doing well in todays economy, New Renter said:

iwog says

There isn't a historical model for our future unless you count Orwell's 1984.

how about North Korea 1955-present? I've seen the documentaries, very Orwellian.

iwog says

During a deflationary depression, where are those people who want to buy a house at a reasonable price going to come from?

Me for one.

Zak says

New Renter says

War has a way of kickstarting economies. If you remember it was was production that finally kickstarted our own economy too.

Your bullshit is deeper than a stockyard feedlot. The US economy dominated post WWII because it had the only unbombed factories left. Why don't you show a graph of the german economy post WWII? How about england, france, poland, the USSR, italy, or ANY OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRY?

And even in the US, it's not because the top 10% had less, it's because EVERYONE IN THE U.S. HAD MORE. You could fall out of the stupid tree and hit 5 good paying jobs on the way down in 1950 because a bunch of your fellow working americans were killed off, and the factories were going gangbusters to hire people because they were the only ones left to produce anything.

The U.S. hit the geographic and economic jackpot by being isolated from the warfronts by 2 oceans. You think some tax policy did it? As my grandpa would say: get the shit outta your ears boy!

We are discussing PRE-WWII economies.

• On 10 Sep 2014 in Most people not doing well in todays economy, New Renter said:

indigenous says

t happened to Russian royalty, it happened to French royalty

And damned close to the English royalty. The peasant revolt of 1381 could easily have been the end of them.

If anyone is unnecessary in today's world it's royalty. And the Kardashians

• On 10 Sep 2014 in Most people not doing well in todays economy, New Renter said:

iwog says

Possibly, however economic crisis is always a fertile ground for radical ideas. What most people miss is how powerful the German economy roared back even while the rest of the world was suffering in the Great Depression.

To prepare for war. Most of that wealth and far more was ashes by 1945.

War has a way of kickstarting economies. If you remember it was was production that finally kickstarted our own economy too.

iwog says

Not correct. The German real estate peg wasn't real and didn't establish an exchange standard. It was a propaganda campaign.

But gold did:

http://www.forbes.com/2011/06/09/germany-gold-standard.htmliwog says

How much longer do you think the rich and the powerful are going to tolerate feeding this unnecessary horde?

Why do the people of SF continue to tolerate their unnecessary hoarde of dirty, smelly, psychotic homeless?

And there's the counterpoint - how long will the "unnecessary hoarde" tolerate the bloodsucking rich and powerful?

Will the future look like France 1789? Russia 1917? Or Germany 1524? England 1381?

• On 10 Sep 2014 in $1 million for a parking spot?!!!!, New Renter said:

Strategist says

lostand confused says

$1 million for a parking spot?!!!!

And you guys thought BA and OC is overpriced. When will you learn?

Each of the ten parking spots will be 200 sq.-ft., and provide a small storage area and a charging station for the inevitable Tesla.

Despite shelling out the equivalent of four Ferrari 458 Italias on parking, or more than the $920,000 median sales price for an actual Manhattan apartment, the buyers won't own the underground space. They'll receive a 99-year license, and be forced to sell that license if they ever decide to move. (Although over 99 years, the price works out to $28 a day.)

I don't live in NYC - is $28/day for 200 sqft with storage a good deal?

iwog says

Following hyperinflation Russia was better off. Following hyperinflation Argentina was better off. Following hyperinflation Germany was better off. Inflation is the REAL method of market clearing. It INCREASES the value of work and DECREASES the value of hoarding.

So the final solution will be to ditch the worthless fiat dollar and create a new currency backed by gold or real estate? Because that is what happened in Germany and Russia. Argentina just pegged their new currency to the US dollar which is not an option in this case.

And of course I need not point out but I will anyway - that hyperinflation is widely cited as a major reason for Germany's submission to fascism and war. Russia of course went right to Uncle Josef - coincidence?

I don't know about you but that's not something I'd like to repeat. If the USA went that route even Chile would not be immune from what would follow.

• On 10 Sep 2014 in Death of veteran aviator results in $6.7 Million pre-trial settlement, New Renter said:

So how much fault was placed on the pilot for not noticing a 199' 8" tower right in his path?

Looking up at such a tower they're pretty easy to spot:

From the air looking down however its a different story:

So its understandable the pilot not seeing the tower. Still $6.7M, damn!

How much of that is going to the legal team?

• On 10 Sep 2014 in CDC: Sodium consumption high among U.S. children, New Renter said:

Quigley says

Sodium isn't the issue. It's a goddam essential nutrient that's required in large amounts to make energy production possible in cells. You will literally die without enough of it. But the CDC is swallowing the hype that it's bad for you? I call bull. 80 y/o people with heart conditions may want to reduce a little, but honestly, reducing red meat, eliminating all trans fat consumption, and reducing to eliminating all instances of omega-6 (canola oil, etc) will go much further toward vascular health. You have to get rid of things that cause inflammation, which leads to scarring, which let's plaque build up.

This opinion has been brought to you by :

Dr. Quigley, Medicine Troll

• On 10 Sep 2014 in CDC: Sodium consumption high among U.S. children, New Renter said:

CaptainShuddup says

Yeah but what about the Oyster sauce, fish sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic and blackbean sauces? Any of which are also part of any decent stir fry.

...Which is why I abandoned my quest to make low sodium Chinese food.

It just ain't gonna happen.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 315 milliseconds to create.