Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 30 Oct 2014 in The 2014 housing market and my prediction for 2015, New Renter said:

iwog says

Yes I'm still in cash. (bond funds)

OK, let us know when you think the time is ripe to change that.

• On 30 Oct 2014 in The 2014 housing market and my prediction for 2015, New Renter said:

iwog says

SubOink says

so...was that it?

I certainly hope not.

Are you still in cash?

• On 29 Oct 2014 in Millennials surpass older workers in some key business skills, New Renter said:

dublin hillz says

How will they be buying houses when they stay at a job less than 3 years? That's a recipe for living like a college student for life if they are lucky to ever escape the boomer sadistic dungeon.

THey won't. Buying houses is a privilege reserved only for wealthy foreigners who will rent out the sadistic dungeon, er, basement to millennials at nosebleed prices.

• On 29 Oct 2014 in Elon Musk's take on AI, New Renter said:

Peter P says

bob2356 says

I've got a supercharged 540 e39 msport and and e32 750 right now, plus a newer k1500 suburban.

Ah, the E32 is a classic. Nothing beats a good old V12.

Unless your the poor schmuck who gets stuck with doing the valve job.

Ceffer says

Rin says

Still, physiologically speaking, the body does need to boink in physical reality and thus, an A.I. 'bot will do the trick, sorry, make that many tricks :-)

How many boinks are those things good for before they need to be rejuvenated (or re-vaginated, as the case may be) back to factory specs?

Do they sell "sloppy seconds" used models for lower prices?

Why, are you in the market?

Rin says

New Renter says

Rin says

Peter P says

Lucid wet dreams are superior to A.I. sex bots because there is less to clean.

Still, physiologically speaking, the body does need to boink in physical reality and thus, an A.I. 'bot will do the trick, sorry, make that many tricks :-)

I thought prayer was supposed to cure that particular sin.

Its cheaper too, provided you don't tithe.

Nah, a good day starts with 60-70 pushups, followed by a quick shag with the 'bot, and then off to work.

Take out the part about "work" and you've got it.

No such fantasy is complete without lifetime heredity membership in the idle filthy rich club.

• On 29 Oct 2014 in Millennials surpass older workers in some key business skills, New Renter said:

Peter P says

New Renter says

They were so confident they were the future and companies would bow to their will to change the world....

I wanted to change the world when I was their age. Time will inject the right dose of reality.

More reasons to import foreign workers.

Good point, the article doesn't mention WHICH country's millennials will get the jobs.

Ceffer says

Basement interior design?

pretty much.

This story is sooo 2008.

I remember stories like this one where the 18-24 crowd were on NPR bragging about how they were going to job interviews and taking control of the interview asking about the companies carbon footprint and social responsibility. They were so confident they were the future and companies would bow to their will to change the world....

.....then came the crash and moving into mom's basement.

Rin says

Peter P says

Lucid wet dreams are superior to A.I. sex bots because there is less to clean.

I thought prayer was supposed to cure that particular sin.

Its cheaper too, provided you don't tithe.

bob2356 says

Peter P says

BTW, do you really want to own an out-of-warranty European car?

I've got a supercharged 540 e39 msport and and e32 750 right now, plus a newer k1500 suburban. I do more work on the suburban than the other 2 put together by far. In the last 9 months I've had the great fortune to deal with the they all do it chevy 5.7 intake gasket failure and flex plate failure along with other ongoing common suburban problems. Common e32/e39 problems are much easier to deal with. It's a lot easier to wrench the beemers also unless you are 9 feet tall.

I have heard good things about the E39s.

• On 29 Oct 2014 in Greenspan says QE has been a failure - Market turmoil inevitable, New Renter said:

Blah, Blah, Blah Everyone knows this economy is on fire and can NEVER, EVER go down. Every time its tried it just bounces back stronger!

This time it's different dammit!

• On 29 Oct 2014 in Detroit man fights $30k child support bill for kid that is not his, New Renter said:

justme says

But seriously, are you guys aware that any child born in marriage is considered the husband's child and therefore his economic responsibility, whether or not the baby contains the husband's DNA. This is THE LAW in California, and in may other states. Be very afraid.

One can hope that as DNA testing costs drop such paternal information will be included as a part of each and every child's medical record.

Until then how can such a fucked up law be changed?

• On 29 Oct 2014 in The Next Globalist Plan Is to Keep Oil Low and Gasoline High to Screw All, New Renter said:

tr6 says

Strategist says

A fair oil price is $20.00 bbl. What do we do to get there?

It will be if we all go solar as quickly as possible. Today anything below $70 is a bargain.

Solar doesn't work well as a transportation energy which is where oil excels. Solar is also not very good at heating homes in the winter, which is another market filled by oil.

Strategist says

CaptainShuddup says

Green Energy just like Oil higher than $70 a barrel is all about Greed and nothing more. The earth isn't warming, the ozone isn't going anywhere, the ice caps will ebb and flow like they have for millennium and the greedy scumbag scientist turned politician turned bidiness man.

Pollution is real. It's unhealthy, and increases our medical costs. Solve the pollution problem and global warming solves itself.

Switching to natural gas over coal and diesel is a big jump in that direction

• On 29 Oct 2014 in More American outstanding leadership through automation, New Renter said:

JH says

Didn't google just send a douche bag into space in a balloon? I recommend we restock the space station with automated balloons with extra boosters for when it reaches the edge of yhe atmosphere.

If you can reach it with a balloon its not "space".

bob2356 says

Nothing is better than a BMW 740, except a BMW 750. Bmw is for people who want to drive, everything else is for people who need to drive.

My stepdad's X5 was a terrible POS. Things went wrong on it that should NEVER go wrong on a modern car. Things like the door seals degrading twice, window regulators breaking, electric latches failing. When I drove it I just found it heavy and lumbering like all SUVs. Even my original Jeep Cherokee was more limber than the X5. He finally traded it in (at a huge loss) for a FIAT because he wanted something more reliable.

Other people I've known with BMWs also had expensive mechanical problems too.

• On 29 Oct 2014 in Detroit man fights $30k child support bill for kid that is not his, New Renter said:

CaptainShuddup says

And not a nary one of them are red necks or pig farmers, I'll wager that as well.

Well they have a different way of dealing with such things:

If daddy's little girl says you are the baby daddy, then you ARE the baby daddy!

• On 23 Oct 2014 in Desalinization: A permanent solution to CA water problem, New Renter said:

yup1 says

I have no idea the number of pumping plants needed. I would assume the entire project net energy required would be whatever is required to move the volume of water desired 700+ miles and lift it net 800'. We tie into existing infrustructure and expand it where needed which would save on costs (California aqueduct, Shasta Dam) You are failing to realize this project would also get an increase in net energy out of Shasta.

I am pretty sure it would require much less energy than any form of desalinization for the same volume of water.

You are correct that most of the energy would be recovered on the down side, however pumping stations are not cheap and of course to pass large volumes of water over each hill required two, one to pump, the other to generate. Look at how much the delta tunnels is supposed to cost - do you really think a 700+ mile aqueduct with that many pumping/generating stations will be cheaper than modular solar desalination plants?

An argument might be made for using the pumping generating stations as grid electrical storage. I'm not sure how strong that argument is since these batteries would be located pretty far from population centers.

Plus that Shasta water only serves NorCal - Socal is SOL.

• On 23 Oct 2014 in Desalinization: A permanent solution to CA water problem, New Renter said:

yup1 says

New Renter says

Oh come on - if a reactor can be designed and operated in a @#$% combat submarine a reactor can be designed to safely take a bit of ground shaking.

I wonder how many combat nuclear powered submarines have been in actual combat? I am betting the first set of depth charges knocks a couple of control rods back in the core.....

If this doesn't mess up the reactor I doubt much else will:

• On 23 Oct 2014 in Tour guide goes off on very un-PC rant on her last day at work, New Renter said:

CaptainShuddup says

Stupid bitch, what does she think her next job prospects are, when the HR department does a Social media and Youtube search for her stupid ass?

And how is HR to know the person they are interviewing for what is likely a low end position is the woman in the video?

It's some Starbucks HR flunky not the the NSA.

• On 23 Oct 2014 in Lockheed claims nuclear fusion breakthrough., New Renter said:

Rin says

Yes, perhaps when we were kids. Today, we're in the dystopic postdoc world where ppl make their *names* in science R&D, by hyperbole, not by being judicious and getting everything right.

Thus, if they feel confident in their initial progress (with stable phase boundaries, etc), they may go all the way, to destroying themselves and the city of Seattle, all for the sake of more funding.

I'm not sure it's quite that bad. for instance there are plenty of labs working with super virulent, highly toxic diseases (e.g. weaponized smallpox) yet we're all still alive.

So far at least.

• On 23 Oct 2014 in Lockheed claims nuclear fusion breakthrough., New Renter said:

indigenous says

New Renter says

This is the real flux capacitor:

Pretend for a moment that I know nothing about electronics, what does it do?

It "remembers" how much current passed through it.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 519 milliseconds to create.