Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 24 Jul 2014 in The modern women can no longer cook, they no longer want children and..., thunderlips11 said:

I heard that the divorce rate itself is a bit distorted, because there are a significant minority of "Serial Divorcees", people who get married and divorced multiple times, which most people do not do.

• On 24 Jul 2014 in As Airlines Bail on Israel, CNN and Israeli Leaders Look Angry and Betrayed., thunderlips11 said:

Peter P says

Regardless of the circumstances, blaming oneself is best way to emerge from poverty, even if there really are external factors.

Agreed, but the Israelis would never allow the Palestinians to prosper. They want them out, so they want them as miserable as possible. The Right-wing Greater Israel types that are running the country want the West Bank and Gaza incorporated into Israel proper - without the pesky Palestinians, of course - have said so over and over again.

When you're ethnically cleansing an area, you don't want economic prosperity for them. It makes them want to stay.

• On 24 Jul 2014 in Ukraine Government Breaks Up: PM Resigns Over "Vital Laws on Energy and Finance, thunderlips11 said:

Ultranationalists threaten to kill new Interior Minister:

The Ultranats were brought in to provide the muscle to crush the Donbass and ethnically cleanse Russian Speakers. They failed, and now the Neoliberal Oligarchs have no use for them. Also, Ultranats of course oppose Austerity.

This is the next phase of poor Ukraine's future - Ultranats fighting Neoliberals. But don't feel too bad for the neoliberals - they fed and trained the dog that turned on them.

• On 24 Jul 2014 in Ukraine Government Breaks Up: PM Resigns Over "Vital Laws on Energy and Finance, thunderlips11 said:

WHOO-HOO!

Ultranats and Communists got into fisticuffs. The Communist Party, with about 5% of the votes, was banned by the Euromaiden Free Speech Loving Oligarchs. Previously, a TV Station manager had been forced at knifepoint to resign by Svoboda thugs, LED by the Chairman of the Ukie Parliament Free Speech Committee(!!!) and Chief Prosecutor, whose qualifications was as a former Sports Show Host.

Here's some fun stuff from the Ukie Parliament the other day:

The Mothers of Ukies are pissed - Ukie is so desperate for conscripts they don't feed or clothe. Some are sent without weapons. The DPR captures them and sends them home with a letter to their mother. It's both funny and sad. The Ultranats wanted to extend conscription to 60.

It was reported Ukraine cannot pay for the Army past August 1st.

What was supposed to be a clear victory for Neoliberalism turned into disaster, and now the US and UK are pulling back, leaving Ukraine in shambles after their $5B spend on the destabilization and putsch.

I'm glad to see the Ukies waking up to the fact that they have been bamboozled, run amok, and led astray.

• On 24 Jul 2014 in As Airlines Bail on Israel, CNN and Israeli Leaders Look Angry and Betrayed., thunderlips11 said:

Peter P says

Doubtful. If I were them, I would rather have a semi-prosperous neighbor who can provide cheap labor.

Israel has plenty of labor (and plenty of emmigration FROM Israel because of the job market).

Before the fall of the Soviet Union, they used a lot of Palestinian labor. After the fall, and the immigration of countless Eastern European Jews, they no longer need them.

zzyzzx says

"They elected terrorists to run their country."

I agree. Menachim Begin killed a lot of civilians when he ran Irgun. Immigration officers, waiters, bellhops, tourists at the King David hotel, etc.

Labelled a terrorist by the British, officially.

Peter P says

Successful cultures tend to have more flexible belief systems. Even if they are religious, they are willing to invent new rules or bend old ones.

I agree. It's time for the Israelis to give up the Greater Israel idea, the whole David-Solomon empire fib in the Bible is directly contradicted by the whole of Archaeology.

• On 24 Jul 2014 in Internet Free Speech Vanishes in Spain; Most Infamous Law in Internet History, thunderlips11 said:

I don't get it. They passed a law saying you have to be a fee to link to Spanish Newspapers.

Oh, the humanity.

Israel controls the borders. The absolute last thing the Israelis want is a prosperous West Bank or Gaza. They want the Palestinians to be so uncomfortable, the leave and never return.

• On 24 Jul 2014 in No welfare for permanent foreign residents in Japan, thunderlips11 said:

BTW, Japan is a great example of how an aging population WON'T lead to more jobs for the young, in fact it might kill more jobs.

• On 24 Jul 2014 in Ut-Oh! A leak in the Dike!, thunderlips11 said:

SoftShell says

Mutual friend? Hmmmm.

C'mon, there's always that gal at work:

"My roommate and I went to the Bahamas"
    "My roommate and I adopted a new cat"
    "My roommate and I brought a new house together".

• On 24 Jul 2014 in ISIS 'orders female genital mutilation' for women in Mosul, thunderlips11 said:

Thanks, Saudi Arabia (who else would be funding them?)

• On 23 Jul 2014 in The F-35 Boondoggle, thunderlips11 said:

Designer of F-16 and A-10 explains why the F-35 is a disaster, why Beyond Visual Range (BTV) radar guided missiles aren't what they are cracked up to be, and why dogfighting is here to stay (Visual Identification to avoid civilian and friendly fire).
    #t=603

• On 23 Jul 2014 in We need to disarm cops, thunderlips11 said:

More people in prison than the entire Military, or the combined populations of 15 entire states.

That graph is from a recent report by Prison Policy Initiative, an invaluable resource on mass incarceration. (PPI also has a disturbing graph comparing state incarceration rates with those of other countries around the world, which I highly recommend looking at here.) "Although our level of crime is comparable to those of other stable, internally secure, industrialized nations," the report says, "the United States has an incarceration rate far higher than any other country."

Some individual states like Louisiana contribute disproportionately, but no state is free from mass incarceration. Disturbingly, many states' prison populations outrank even those of dictatorships and illiberal democracies around the world. New York jails more people per capita than Rwanda, where tens of thousands await trial for their roles in the 1994 genocide. California, Illinois, and Ohio each have a higher incarceration rate than Cuba and Russia. Even Maine and Vermont imprison a greater share of people than Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, or Egypt.

But mass incarceration is more than just an international anomaly; it's also a relatively recent phenomenon in American criminal justice. Starting in the 1970s with the rise of tough-on-crime politicians and the War on Drugs, America's prison population jumped eightfold between 1970 and 2010. (The graph below does not include local or territorial prisons.)

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/07/the-leader-of-the-unfree-world/374348/

• On 23 Jul 2014 in The modern women can no longer cook, they no longer want children and..., thunderlips11 said:

Men have no reproductive rights. Why should I be arsed about women's, given that most women think men not having any reproductive rights is 100% correct.

Peter P says

errc says

What would you like to see de-crimanilized, outside of marijuana?

Prostitution. Gambling. All drugs. Fewer laws lead to fewer crimes.

Any "crime" with no victims or only voluntary "victims" should be legalized.

Your lips to God's ears.

The Prostitutes lips to my ears.

• On 23 Jul 2014 in Malaysian jet carrying 295 ppl crashes in Ukraine-near Russian border, thunderlips11 said:

Straw Man says

They have full infrastructure of Russian air defense forces at their disposal: the plane has been shot down ~50 km from the border which is well within radio link distance (they also can link by phone and even telegraph lines). BUK is capable of receiving guidance from long-distance radar systems. In fact, the SOP is to receive external guidance and use its own rudimentary guidance system for backup when there is no link.

Prior to this, have the Rebels shot anything down outside of MANPAD range? Nope.

Prior to this, has the Ukie Military shot down civilian aircraft by mistake in recent years*? Yep.

Did Ukie have BUKs in the Donbass Region? Yep.

Did those Ukie BUKs have direct radar and guidance vehicles a few meters away from them? Yep.

Did the alleged Rebel BUKs have direct radar and guidance systems hooked up a few meters away? Nope.

Why did the Ukie BUKs disappear the very next day from their positions? No Idea.

Why did Ukie ATC allow the plane to fly over a War Zone?
    Why did Ukie ATC order MH17 to fly lower over the war zone?
    Why haven't Ukie ATC records been released yet? SBU took them within hours.
    Why was a Ukie Su-25 climbing towards MH17?

* and spent 8 days denying it.

• On 23 Jul 2014 in Malaysian jet carrying 295 ppl crashes in Ukraine-near Russian border, thunderlips11 said:

Yellowcake. We have 30 minutes before a Chemical Attack by SCUDs. The USS Maddox was attacked by Torpedo Boats. The War will be paid for with Iraqi Oil. The Lusitania's July cargo of Unfrigerated Butter, Lard, and Furs from Dupont Corporation was not a euphemism. The School of the Americas doesn't teach torture. The release of the hostages before the election was a coincidence. We didn't help Saddam get chemical weapons. The F-35 is going to be the greatest aircraft ever built. The AV-8B and OV-22 aren't flying coffins. The Big Dig will come in under budget, along with the Littoral Combat Ship. Cops are your friends, only criminals want to take your rights. Mission Accomplished. Eat a high carb, low fat diet to fight obesity and diabetes. Cash is old fashioned. You can have it all. I got rich by building up companies and creating wealth and jobs. They're not refugees, they're just visiting relatives across the border. How dare Brazil charge so much for a Visa! Fracking will allow us to export LNG. We're only looking at the metadata of foreign agents.

Dan8267 says

The reduction in crime happened before the militarization of the police. So there is no causality.

Too add to that, Reduction in crime also happened in similar Western countries with similar demographics that never militarized the police nor greatly expanded the prison population.

We have the highest rate of incarceration in the world, almost 3x our nearest competitors, Israel (with Palestinians) and Chile (long history of inquisition and political imprisonment), and about 7x the OECD average.

And our crime rate is right about average for OECD countries too. It's expensive, it endangers liberties, AND it doesn't even work.

• On 23 Jul 2014 in Reference material for my loss of interest in dating women thread, thunderlips11 said:

I can't help but to imagine some true love believin' single cat-hoardin' 40-somethin' singing this to herself reading this thread:

Strategist says

To me all Islamists are the same. Nothing but trouble. We have to expel them from this planet.

Hizbollah don't like Salafyi or Wahabism terrorist nuts or the rest of the terror-exporting Gulf States. The Wahabi scum call them "Hezboshaytan", or "Hezbo-Satan".

The Shi'a aren't exporting terrorism, it's our "Friend" Saudi Arabia, along with Qatar, that are the primary financiers of terrorism from Afghanistan to Sudan to Nigeria.

• On 23 Jul 2014 in Israeli navy kills four boys playing on the beach, thunderlips11 said:

Step giving either of these assholes money. Let them hit each other over the head with sticks.

• On 23 Jul 2014 in Malaysia Airlines Plane Filled with Already-Dead Bodies, thunderlips11 said:

HydroCabron says

The Israelis are really sneaky - but why would they do it this way?

MOSCOW (AP) — A top pro-Russia rebel commander in eastern Ukraine has given a bizarre version of events surrounding the Malaysian jetliner crash — suggesting many of the victims may have died days before the plane took off.

It's possible this might even be true - the plane was full of AIDS/HIV Conference attendees. They did have blood samples, so who knows if there were some corpses for examination.

In all likelihood the bodies got real cold on the way down after the Ukies shot it down and the Militia non-experts assumed they had been dead a while.

komputodo says

whatever....in 3 days everyone will move on to the next story...3 days is about the average length of the attention span of most folk...they are already forgetting about the illegal kids, ISIS, the IRS email crap, etc.

Doesn't the USG feel *any* responsibility about Iraq?

Back a couple of decades ago, if Saddam pulled the hair of one Shi'ite, we'd be bombing left and right. Today ISIS is rampaging throughout the country killing civilians left and right and ain't doing shit about it.

The USG is now very dangerous, it is spreading destabilization around the world.

• On 22 Jul 2014 in Malaysian jet carrying 295 ppl crashes in Ukraine-near Russian border, thunderlips11 said:

Strategist says

No idea. If you are blaming the Ukie, where is your evidence?

The Russians have come forward with their stuff. The Rebels don't have an ATC or any kind of organized Air Defence. But the Ukies and/or NATO have ATC, Air Defence, and Satellite imagery, so where's the beef already?

What are they waiting for?

Common sense says the side that delays handing over their "evidence", while loudly accusing the other side of malfeasance, is probably the bad egg.

If the US or Ukraine had anything evidence worth a damn, it would have been released days ago.

• On 22 Jul 2014 in Malaysian jet carrying 295 ppl crashes in Ukraine-near Russian border, thunderlips11 said:

Strategist says

Israel claims it's their land. It's a land dispute. Who the hell cares.

Fine. Then let's stop funding Israel.

Strategist says

I do know Hamas is a terrorist organization, who threaten my children because they are American Infidels. I do not appreciate that. I have no reason to support them.

Hamas and Hizbollah have never targeted Americans.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 878 milliseconds to create.