Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 29 Aug 2014 in List of most banned books in the U.S., thunderlips11 said:

These books are probably banned in the moron zones, like Mayor of Wasilla's country.

• On 29 Aug 2014 in The toddler the police threw a grenade at has a hole in his chest, thunderlips11 said:

Ford operated Ford Werks in Germany, and used French POW labor there until the US and Axis were at war. IBM provided concentration camp and political prisoner status punch cards to Hitler, too.

The T-34 used the Christie Track Chasis.

• On 29 Aug 2014 in CA-if a woman smiles, enjoys sex with you-you still raped her, thunderlips11 said:

iwog says

They are not the same and it's a sick society that would think these coeds are such fragile creatures that they warrant a punishment worse than some killers get.

Or that "Independent, Modern Women" are somehow all little precious things in need of extra protection.

Enough with pulling the "little girl" shit to get out of responsibility for own actions free card.

"It was the evil mens who made me go to the party, drink to tipsyness, say 'hey everybody, look at me twerking', make out with the guy, offer the guy to come over my dorm room, and fall into his arms. So what came after that is all his fault, as well as every thing else! It was muh sojiny!"

It's time for Women to be held to the same standards of responsibility as men. If there's no Force or Coercion, it isn't rape. Waking up regretful or "ashamed" doesn't mean you were raped. It means you made an ass of yourself or kissed a frog. Big whoop, big girl panties, get over it. Lose the alcohol fogged glasses bit next time if you feel bad.

• On 29 Aug 2014 in STEM graduate says he can't find a job, thunderlips11 said:

Rin says

New Renter says

Pushing paper does not make you a scientist

Hey, us BS artists don't push paper, we push the dream ...

"I can you get that!"

"It's all about our client's success"

"What we offer is what *the Street* had neglected"

• On 29 Aug 2014 in I'm not your brother says white cop to black man, thunderlips11 said:

BUMP.

This is what a police state looks like.

If there had been no cameras or witnesses, he would have been convicted, no problem. The DA simply would have dumped endless charges against him, so that even if found innocent of *most* charges in a costly trial he can't afford, he would have ended up with crushing fines and jail time.

• On 29 Aug 2014 in CA-if a woman smiles, enjoys sex with you-you still raped her, thunderlips11 said:

iwog says

It's an attempt to pacify a bunch of screaming bitches who think rape is a serious problem on college campuses.

Folks, this is just another "Zero Tolerance" Policy.

Some people stab people, so ban all knives, including plastic butter knives.

The law we DO need is that colleges can't make decisions about Rape until after the Criminal Trial. Administrator lead Courts of Star Chamber don't let the accused faced the accuser, judge on hearsay, and pursue the action most likely to keep the school out of the papers and out of trouble, which means the Accused of a Heinous Crime is always guilty.

We've seen Public University "Justice" time and time again, whenever reputation of the School is involved. It's positively Kafka-esque.

• On 29 Aug 2014 in The single biggest trend defining the 21st century has men on edge Read more at, thunderlips11 said:

New Renter says

Wow, so its MEN who spend their latter years in a fruitless quest to regain their youth?

Yeah right? Oil of Olay, Botox Treatments, Fat Reducing Hot Pants? Personally, I'm happy to be slowing down a bit and not consumed with sex 24-7/365.

New Renter says

Must be all those yams.

Speaking of Yams, anybody read Jared Diamond's new book? He said something interesting about Hunter-Gathers and early "Slash and Burn" Agriculturalists and Psychology. Their lives revolve around food and how to get it. Our lives revolve around sex and how to get it.

We're also in a weird time where older men and younger women isn't the norm like it usually has been. 15+30 used to be called "Normal". 30+30 was an outlier way to the right of the relationship bellcurve. The former, which was probably in play for 90% of human history, is now regarded as "Icky".

In other words, for most of history, all men were "SugarYam and Boar Sweetbread Daddies"

• On 28 Aug 2014 in Totalitarian despots criticize United States over Ferguson, thunderlips11 said:

dublin hillz says

Looking further behind the scenes we find that the largest group of american prisoners happens to be male high school dropouts.

This is the school-to-prison pipeline.

We just had a scandal where judges took millions of dollars from private prison operators to incarcerate kids:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_for_cash_scandal

...getting incarcerated over things as minor as a 14-year old's first-time offence entering unlocked cars to steal change to buy a slurpee, or making fun of the School Principal on Myspace - I shit you not.

The school-to-prison pipeline has many causes:

* Rustbelt, Inner City, and Poor Rural areas have minimal opportunity.
    * US Schools are judged solely by post-HS College Attendance; Technical Training has been gutted in most localities, and middle-class voters don't give a shit because they want Johnny to be an MD or Programmer, not a Diesel Mechanic or Machinist. Even though these jobs pay as well or better in many circumstances.
    * Aggressive Outsourcing of Industrial Jobs backed by official US Policy thanks to the US Chamber of Commerce.
    * Deployment of School Resource Officers who charge kids with crimes, instead of, like in former eras, being forced to write "I won't spray paint Grafitti" 100 times or Detention.
    * Zero Tolerance Policies, where bringing in Advil or a plastic butter knife to school is ***!!!DRUGS!!!*** or a !!!***KNIFE***!!! and will get you charged or at least suspended no matter if you've got migraines, PMS, or just want to spread your own Jiff over your sandwich.
    * No politician ever lost a race by being tough on crime.

How about private prison guards searching your kids?
    http://www.prwatch.org/news/2012/11/11876/corrections-corporation-america-used-drug-sweeps-public-school-students

• On 28 Aug 2014 in Totalitarian despots criticize United States over Ferguson, thunderlips11 said:

dublin hillz says

I would trust the stats coming from england, australia, canada, western europe, but would not trust russian or chinese stats. They have been known to cook the books to make themselves look good (and make their foes look "bad").

It's not hard to count jail space, or even come up with a good guesstimation. If they were cooking the books, why such relatively higher numbers than the rest? Wouldn't they cook them down towards even lower towards the industrialized average?

Israel is dealing with an insurgency and only has an incarceration rate of about 325 - half the USA, with the majority being Palestinians.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/howard-steven-friedman/7-oecd-countries-with-the_b_912680.html

dublin hillz says

Additionally many states have variations of "3 strikes and you are out" laws which are basically an expression of popular will to remove criminals from society after committing 3 felonies via 25 to life sentencing.

Yes, lobbying by LEO Groups and Correction Facility Managers and Owners. You ever notice the primary groups funding anti-marijuana legalization, stricter enforcement, X strikes you're out laws are these interest groups?

Small Towns love prison because not only jobs, political influence, but also --- Census. And most federal aid and grant money is distributed according too....?

The US DID have Rest-of-Industrialized-World until the early 80s...

Nixon's proposed War on Drugs spending placed 2/3rd of the funding for Treatment. Today that would be considered Wishy Washy Liberalism.

The Germans and Scandinavians are certainly sticklers for law and order too - they really wouldn't mind putting people away for crimes - so why don't they? They certainly have the money.

• On 28 Aug 2014 in How For-profit colleges rip off students, thunderlips11 said:

Once I had a client who wanted some work done for a website. It was covered in Christian terms, yet the guy wasn't Christian. I asked why, he said, "Because the low-income consumers we target equate Christian Symbology and Language with Trustworthiness."

I guess it's the same reason why crap ass rural towns that have nothing much going on except welfare, gov't jobs, and meth labs have so many storefront churches.

If you get my drift.

• On 28 Aug 2014 in You Won't Listen to Me. Listen to Roger Waters Tell It About Israel, thunderlips11 said:

thunderlips11 says

Put Roger Waters against the Wall.

bgamall4 says

You are an idiot. He is telling the truth. I guess you didn't hear about the report from Chris Hedges, who was on the ground in Gaza. He broke rank and said the Israelis were targeting Gaza children on purpose, and, Thunderlips, were lying about it in a concerted media effort.

Sarcasm, Bgamall, sarcasm. The bleeding hearts and artists ought to rule the world...

• On 27 Aug 2014 in You Won't Listen to Me. Listen to Roger Waters Tell It About Israel, thunderlips11 said:

Put Roger Waters against the Wall.

• On 27 Aug 2014 in Totalitarian despots criticize United States over Ferguson, thunderlips11 said:

I don't know, Americans are more likely to be incarcerated than Russians or Chinese or any other industrialized nation (or any other nation, period), both absolutely and relative to population.

That's a fact and not my opinion.

If the US isn't a police state, and all the incarceration is merited, then Americans are simply considerably more criminal than everyone else. Therefore Americans' opinions and recommendations should be regarded with suspicion, coming from a society that produces so many criminals deserving of punishment.

• On 27 Aug 2014 in Why I Love "Burning Man", thunderlips11 said:

I think Julia Roberts looks like a horse, but YMMV. I'm more a Sam Foxx kind of guy.

(Dating myself here)

• On 27 Aug 2014 in My first real estate bear thread (ever), thunderlips11 said:

Thanks for the interesting analysis on this board.

I'm preparing to make some financial decisions about purchasing two apartments in Miami Beach, where the prices have recovered or more than recovered since the Crash. I think I won't feel bad about delaying the purchases, and hanging on in the stock market for a while.

• On 27 Aug 2014 in Miley's Five Easy Pieces..., thunderlips11 said:

Yay, serve him a warrant, that'll help. Please, don't waste time going after mortgage brokers and please don't harass sick old man Angelo, he couldn't stand the rigors of a trial, the poor thing.

• On 27 Aug 2014 in War on Drugs stymied psychiatric research for decades, thunderlips11 said:

Don't forget those CIA administered tests in Canada in hopes of creating Manchurian Candidates.

http://www.mcgilldaily.com/2012/09/mk-ultraviolence/

• On 27 Aug 2014 in Are people, I mean companies who are really people, really this clueless?, thunderlips11 said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-19433343

• On 25 Aug 2014 in Putin - $70 billion in wealth, thunderlips11 said:

Fewer financial criminals were indicted after the 2008 Financial Crisis than during the 80s S&L Crisis.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 260 milliseconds to create.