Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 29 Jul 2014 in Our suburbs are a colassal and costly disaster, thunderlips11 said:

Jesus, Lowell is the Scariest city I have ever been in. Bed-Stuy felt safer.

• On 29 Jul 2014 in Our suburbs are a colassal and costly disaster, thunderlips11 said:

The Original Bankster says

wth are you talking about? do you just make this stuff up?

National City Lines - the Front Company
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_City_Lines

Robert Moses, who ruined whole neighborhoods building highways, hated mass transit. The feeder highways that made suburbs possible had to be built first.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Moses
    http://prfamerica.org/bookreviews/ThePowerBroker.html

The FHA and post WW2 Federal Spending allowed suburbs
    http://prospect.org/article/public-housing-government-sponsored-segregation

Half a trillion to support suburbs
    http://usa.streetsblog.org/2013/01/09/450-billion-in-federal-subsidies-tilt-u-s-real-estate-market-toward-sprawl/

It's an ill wind that blows no minds - you're welcome.

• On 29 Jul 2014 in Women Against Feminism, thunderlips11 said:

komputodo says

I'm confused...What exactly is FEMINISM?

Whatever the proponent or antagonist wants it to be.

It's either banning FTM Transgendered people from the Womyn's Michigan Music Festival, or getting equal pay for equal work (after also considering experience, diploma, degree and flexibility of workhours).

It's about saying that Shampoo Marketing is Rape Culture or that Rape Suspects should have less rights than a suspected Murderer or Robber or that it's "Victim Blaming" if you point out that almost all rape incidents at College involve binge drinking.

Asserting that strippers are oppressed by men (what about Chippendales, are they oppressed by Women?)

Basically, modern political feminism is about rape, rape rape rapey rapity rape rape.

Imagine if all the men were raptured, and the next day there was an ice storm in the Northeast. How long do you think it would be before the power came on in New England?

because we generated 'social problems' in the "inner cities" making like there difficult if not impossible for normal family type of people.

The suburb was heavily subsidized by Government, due to pressure from Realtors, Big Landowners, Construction Companies, and of course Auto Manufacturers.

Hell, a front company of Big Auto even tore down profit-making, viable Trolley Systems.

No shit. And absolutely unsustainable in the long run.

Hydrogen Economy is 99% unadulterated BS, just shy of perpetual motion and cold fusion.

Electric Vehicles would require an additional load of 3-4 American Households per CAR on the Electric Grid. Not only would this overload the current grid, it would make switching a higher proportion of energy to renewables significantly more difficult.

The Suburb - and the Vehicle Commute - is going the way of the Dodo, and I will probably live to see it. My son certainly will.

• On 29 Jul 2014 in The stock market is not going to crash and will soon make new highs, thunderlips11 said:

The exploding Private Debt is much more of a big deal.

• On 29 Jul 2014 in If you see a LEO in need of help,would you help him?, thunderlips11 said:

Shooting dogs is a cop game now.

You'll remember plenty of US Servicemen made a game of shooting dogs in Iraq.

Chickens... roosting.

• On 29 Jul 2014 in Oh! So it was Russia's Fault?, thunderlips11 said:

31,000 feet? No 30mm can reach that - unless it's on wings.

• On 29 Jul 2014 in Violent Crime Rises And Falls With Black Population, thunderlips11 said:

Peter P says

The distance-from-equator effect is very real. Warm-climate people are simply less motivated. It is not about intelligence.

Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the Noon Day Sun.

Peter P says

If they want to do something about "global warming" they should aim to lower birth rate.

Word.

I'd say it's the #1 Thing that can be done to protect the environment, improve living standards, raise purchasing power, reduce pollution, full employment, re-wild large spaces across the globe.

Any environmental plan that doesn't embrace population reduction as the #1 goal isn't serious, just like campaign against Polio or Smallpox that doesn't make vaccination #1 isn't serious.

• On 29 Jul 2014 in How Americans say they diet, thunderlips11 said:

Losing weight is 90% diet and 10% exercise.

Americans are propagandized to believe the opposite. You'll see people snacking on the treadmill eating high carb salty crap.

I'll care about Women's Reproductive Rights when Men have some, too.

• On 28 Jul 2014 in The Challenges of being an older college student, thunderlips11 said:

jvolstad says

What is really challenging is being two or three times the age of my fellow classmates.

I bet it's Challenging for you.

• On 28 Jul 2014 in YES! Assless chaps make a comeback, thunderlips11 said:

lostand confused says

In the spirit of equality mandates

THAT is closer to 90% of Sturgis attendees. Grandma's saggy tush.

• On 28 Jul 2014 in No BBC Video Removal Scandal After All; Evidence of Military Planes Shadowing MH, thunderlips11 said:

komputodo says

Oh hell..That settle that. Never doubt the words of AP and highly placed rebels.

Here are the rebel's words in context, from Reuters International (not the US version of course, you'd seldom get the nuance there):

Khodakovsky accused the Kiev authorities for provoking what may have been the missile strike that destroyed the doomed airliner, saying Kiev had deliberately launched air strikes in the area, knowing the missiles were in place.

"I knew that a BUK came from Luhansk. At the time I was told that a BUK from Luhansk was coming under the flag of the LNR," he said, referring to the Luhansk People’s Republic, the main rebel group operating in Luhansk, one of two rebel provinces along with Donetsk, the province where the crash took place.

"That BUK I know about. I heard about it. I think they sent it back. Because I found out about it at exactly the moment that I found out that this tragedy had taken place. They probably sent it back in order to remove proof of its presence," Khodakovsky told Reuters on Tuesday.

"The question is this: Ukraine received timely evidence that the volunteers have this technology, through the fault of Russia. It not only did nothing to protect security, but provoked the use of this type of weapon against a plane that was flying with peaceful civilians," he said.

"They knew that this BUK existed; that the BUK was heading for Snezhnoye," he said, referring to a village 10 km (six miles) west of the crash site. "They knew that it would be deployed there, and provoked the use of this BUK by starting an air strike on a target they didn’t need, that their planes hadn’t touched for a week."

"And that day, they were intensively flying, and exactly at the moment of the shooting, at the moment the civilian plane flew overhead, they launched air strikes. Even if there was a BUK, and even if the BUK was used, Ukraine did everything to ensure that a civilian aircraft was shot down."

Compare this version to the Washington Neocon Examiner's article.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/07/23/ukraine-crisis-commander-idINKBN0FS1W220140723

So one rebel leader's opinion is that it could have been DPR. Other rebels and Russia say it was the Su-25 AAM that did it. The US claims it has proof, but isn't showing it. Other US officials say they don't know.

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence admitted that the US does not know who fired the surface-to-air missile.

The officials did not provide satellite imagery of the missile launch despite some suggestions that the US does have that material.

http://www.itv.com/news/2014-07-22/us-provides-no-evidence-of-direct-russian-involvement-in-mh17-plane-crash/

Generally, the US is very upfront about embarassing countries they don't like by revealing satellite images and other evidence.

• On 28 Jul 2014 in No BBC Video Removal Scandal After All; Evidence of Military Planes Shadowing MH, thunderlips11 said:

Ukrainian "Activist" anti-Russia video about "Cossacks" dated June 5th, 2014:
    http://youtu.be/GFr_v2UBUJA?t=2m36s

Compare to the SBU released "Proof" of rebels talking about MH17 on 7/17/14.

Notice that both videos follow the exact same format, including the stand in graphic for an unnamed "Militant".

Here is the timestamp for the second "MH17 downed by Rebels" "Proof" video:

A Full Day earlier than the crash. Of course internet Ukie activists and apologists have gone into full bullshit mode about how this metadata could legitimately say it was created a day before the crash, to accusing Russian Sympathizer Employees at Youtube of artifically changing the date on the video and other such far out nonsense.

I don't suggest SBU knew in advance, but I do suggest they were in such a hurry to get blaming bullshit up, somebody cooked the creation metadata wrong.

It's amateur hour at the big top, but what you'd expect from a Military-Intelligence force that has been robbed by Oligarchs into total incompetence over the decades.

• On 28 Jul 2014 in Brains: were out of em! need more cheap Indians. -Microsoft, thunderlips11 said:

Rin says

I thought that that was the lower rich? Much of the middle class was always a wage slave, even during the good olde days.

I thought it was about the means of production.

If you hang out your own shingle (lawyer, doctor, dentist), or own productive assets (could be ice cream machines, being a landlord, garage and mechanic tools, whatever) you're middle class. I suppose you could also live off dividends, interest, etc.

If you are utterly dependent on wage/salary employment, you're not middle class or rich, but working class. Even if you're 25 and have $50,000 in an IRA and drive a beamer, even if you own a home free and clear, you ain't middle class because you can't survive without working for somebody else - if you don't own the means of your own production.

tatupu70 says

So what? That doesn't change the fact that the rebels shot down the plane.

The fact? Man, I'm glad you're not on a jury.

I'm establishing the character of one of the suspects.

Mighty intact plane for a massive fragmentation explosion from a large SAM. Par for the course for an AAM.

tatupu70 says

thunderlips11 says

Was the launcher Ukrainian or DPR?

The article states Russian.

Well yeah, the launchers are all Russian, just like the F-16 is American.

If US MSM reported on Gaza like they do on Ukraine:
    "American F-16s are dropping bombs on hospitals in Gaza. American supplied M109 Howitzers are shelling the city."

I wonder if in 1973, they reported Egyptian Mirage jets as "French" and said "French planes are bombing Israel".

But even the Washington Examiner, a neocon rag (check the opinion section and the right hand column on the very link you sent featuring Kristol and Barnes) admits:

U.S. officials have blamed Russia for creating the "conditions" for the downing of the plane, but have offered no evidence that the missile came from Russia or that Russia directly was involved.

The main condition of course was that MH17 was ordered to fly lower over a warzone by Ukie ATC, and not rerouted like all the other flights. If KAL007 hadn't overflown sensitive military areas, followed it's filed flight plan, and had responded to radio, it probably wouldn't have been shot down, either.

tatupu70 says

OK--it's not a smoking gun. But it's certainly evidence.

It's evidence in the sense that a glove was found at a crime scene. But the glove has to be DNA tested, sourced, etc.. before you can say whose glove it was. We have to know when the glove was filmed. If it was months before the shooting, it means nothing. We need to know who wore the glove before they dropped it.

The US MSM and State Department is saying "It's a glove, made in Russia, therefore it must be Russian or the DPR Russian-backed forces"

While neglecting to mention the fact that the same glove is known to be worn by Ukraine, too.

Unnamed US Intelligence Sources have said that the satellite picked up operators in "Ukrainian Uniforms" "Drinking", but said that they were "Sure" they were DPR anyway.

tatupu70 says

"We know the trajectory. We know where it came from. We know the timing. And it was exactly the time the aircraft disappeared," said US secretary of state John Kerry on 20 July. "From voice identification we know the separatists were bragging about shooting it down afterwards."

That's the doctored An-26 call again. Let's see it. The Russians have put their stuff on the table. I want to see it, not just be told about it, because in foreign policy over the last decade, the US hasn't been exactly Mr. Honest.

If we took the State Department at their word, we'd have been bombing Assad and empowering ISIS based on the "irrefutable" evidence that the State Department allegedly had that Assad used Chemical Weapons. It eventually came to pass that the evidence wasn't as irrefutable as the US Claimed.

BTW, I don't discount the possibility that the DPR did shoot down the plane, but the blame is still shared with Ukraine for the ATC routing.tatupu70 says

The social media posts were made by rebels. Ukraine didn't find them or make them.

Other military aircraft had been shot down in the same time period. And Strelkov's facebook page is not run by Strelkov himself. There are many fake DPR social media sites run by SBU.

Again, where's the Ukie unedited ATC? It's not like it can't be distributed immediately, yet it simply vanished - SBU made copies immediately, then the whole issue disappeared.

tatupu70 says

I notice you didn't address the rebel call to the AP.

Who is the highly placed rebel? How did AP verify his identity?

The physical evidence points to an AAM. A Ukie Su-25 was on an intercept course with MH17.

I note you do not address the radar evidence and satellite evidence presented by Russia - something the US has yet to do.

Ukrainian Democracy at work.

Aleksandr Panteleymonov, the acting president of the National Television Company of Ukraine on Tuesday night. He is the man being attacked by thugs.

But the thugs aren't just street fighters, they're led (guy with pony tail) by an MP.

The MP is Igor Miroshnichenko of the Svoboda Party. The Svoboda Party is run by a Mafioso and was key in the recent Putsch against the democratically elected government.

The US Equivalent would be John Boener going to PBS and smacking around the Chairman with tea party activists threatening him with bodily harm until he resigned.

tatupu70 says

So what counts as evidence in your world? There certainly is a bunch of circumstantial evidence. AP reporters saw a Buk launcher move into separatist territory around noon--3 hours before the crash.

Was the launcher Ukrainian or DPR? The Ukrainians have at least 27 of them. Also, a mobile BUK launcher has to be chained to a radar and control system (separate vehicles) to have a good chance of downing an aircraft that high.

tatupu70 says

You've got the social media posts.

Which are about on the same level as "Zimmerman was acting in self-defense, you libtards!" or "A Black Man carjacked me and then let me out without the children". Ukie Ministers making claims is just Ukie ministers making claims.

tatupu70 says

The intercepted phone conversation.

Debunked. It has metadata problems with the date, and more likely refers to the downing of the An-26 just prior to the MH17. The An-26 was flying low, and reachable by MANPADS.

tatupu70 says

The people who saw the Buk move back into Russia missing 2 missiles.

That's the grainy unprovenced, unsourced, undated youtube video. There is a similar youtube video of a BUK with two missing missiles filmed in February. There are no markings on the BUK. The only thing in the video is a billboard for a car dealership, located well to the south of where the MH17 was shot down.

tatupu70 says

Then the US says it has tracked the missile launch into rebel held territory.

Officially, or via unnamed sources? Remember, the Ukraine is also in "Rebel Held" Territory. Of course the Ukies moved BUKs into the Donbass region, because fear of a Russian no fly zone. So just because it came from Rebel Held territory, it doesn't mean the Rebels did it. Ukie Army and Ultranationalist "Volunteer" Battalions operate all over "Rebel Held Territory" - it's a guerilla war, not a classic military front.

Why did the Ukies move their BUKs out of the Donbass by the day after the shooting? Where is Ukie ATC records, uncut and unedited? Why was a Su-25 on an intercept path to the MH17 flight?

That's according to Russian Civilian ATC radar. Now if the Russians can see a Su-25 over the border with Civilian ATC, the Ukie ATC and certainly NATO/US OTH Radar can as well.

Like I said, the US has satellites and radars that can see easily all the way to the Urals. If this happened, there's evidence. There's no military secrets to protect with civilian ATC, so where is it?

Why did the Ukies order MH17 to fly lower? Why did they not correct the flight path of the MH17 outside of the Donbass?

If the DPR has BUKs, how come they haven't shot down any aircraft above MANPAD range until MH17? The Ukies have been flying high, reconning the area for months now, every single day. Yet no DPR BUK took a shot?

The people who run Ukraine are Billionaire Oligarchs, Mafiosos from the collapse of the Soviet Union. Others are ultranationalists who use brownshirts to force TV station directors to resign at knifepoint - while they are holding elected office. Something to keep in mind when judging the honesty of the parties.

Speaking of honesty:

The US was pretty damn sure Assad used Chemical Weapons - for weeks the US MSM reported it dutifully with little to no skepticism - turned out it was the rebels. The only debate now is whether the rebels stole it from a Syrian Army stockpile, or were given it by Saudi Arabia or Turkish Intel.

US/UK Governments insisted Saddam could launch WMD attacks within minutes in 2003. The media dutifully reported this with minimal, if any, skepticism.

The Maddox was allegedly attacked by NVA torpedo boats August 4th. The media dutifully reported it. Then buried the correction, weeks later, in the back of the paper - after the US decided to commit ground troops to Vietnam over it. Another question is why a huge chunk of the Pacific Fleet was cruising just outside North Vietnamese territorial waters. To help cause an incident, of course.

Has there been a US Press Conference by the Pentagon on the same level as the Press Conference held by the Russian Ministry? No, only unnamed sources and the State Department asserting tweets and facebook posts by one of the three suspects constituting evidence.

Given the history of manipulation by governments, I'll wait for real evidence and not Social Media assertions.

tatupu70 says

When your only confirmation is Mish, then you need to take a step back and think about whether you might be on the wrong side of the issue.

Nothing to do with Mish.

Yesterday I read the NYT and Bloomberg flat out say the Russians or Seperatists had downed MH17 even though absolutely no evidence has been presented - only assertions made in social media and a quote or two from anonymous sources.

I know from Yellowcake, Downing Street memos, the USS Maddox, etc. not to believe the US press unless the evidence is clearly presented. I no longer trust Journalists at the NYT or Bloomberg to do anything but pass along Government propaganda.

When the US has evidence in a case like this, it has a big press conference and makes a big deal out of it. When they don't, they keep the rumors going to better destabilize the country they want to neoliberalize.

• On 28 Jul 2014 in Liberals Explode Over Straight White Guy Festival In Ohio, thunderlips11 said:

komputodo says

Could that be shown on network TV today without causing a feminist attack?

Could Benny Hill be shown on TV today without causing a Social Justice Warrior brain explosion.

If we want to know how powerful the Right got, and how they got their economic and social policies in place...

...look at what the left has been worried about since the 70s: Patriarchy because Video Games are made for male audiences, What to title my ultraspecific sexual preference without offending me, creating "Safe Spaces" and shut up because you don't have victim privilege like I do. Also don't throw the yellow paper in the recycling bin, it goes in a different one.

So while the left was prattling on over $5 lattes about how they experienced gender oppression and whether banning MTF Trans people at the Michigan Womyn's Festival was fair or not, the right wingers took control.

• On 28 Jul 2014 in Brains: were out of em! need more cheap Indians. -Microsoft, thunderlips11 said:

Well yeah.

Most Americans don't understand what Middle Class means.

To be Middle Class, it means own enough *PRODUCTIVE ASSETS* that you can live at or somewhat above the poverty level WITHOUT working for a living and WITHOUT Unemployment benefits.

If you need to work to pay your essential housing, heating, etc. bills, you are not Middle Class. If you can't live indefinitely without working, however poorly, you ain't Middle Class.

To be middle class, you must be independent of wage employment by others.

Most Americans wouldn't become middle class until they turned 65.

Americans are mostly working class, they could not survive without employer derived income for any decent length of time.

Microsoft wants immigration reform to bring in foreign workers

They just laid off thousands and thousands of workers.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyclay/2014/07/20/microsoft-layoffs-also-impact-thousands-of-contractors/

Why not hire the people they laid off back?

New Deal America: Company temporarily lays off in a slump, rehires workers a few months later, often pays half their wages for a time.

Great Immoderation Free Traitor America: Company lays of thousands of workers, also cuts employment via local contractors, then insists on getting visas to import countless foreigners just a few weeks later.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 519 milliseconds to create.