Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 19 Aug 2014 in Michael Brown Autopsy: Shot from the Front of his Body, Vicente said:

PCGyver says

When you walk or run where does it face? Actually half of the "front" and half of the back of the arm face forward.

Ah this is something I hadn't even thought of.

Examination can only show you where a bullet entered and exitted, not which way the body part was facing at impact. The arms being so mobile there are many scenarios either way.

This CSI stuff is great fun, but life is not a TV show. DNA or fingerprint match putting someone at a scene is clearcut to most people but after that things get hazy. Witness testimony and each person's credibility rules in the courtroom for better or worse.

Unfortunately Ferguson doesn't have dashcams, what a shame.

• On 19 Aug 2014 in Michael Brown Autopsy: Shot from the Front of his Body, Vicente said:

Call it Crazy says

That goes with what I said the other day. Pre-set bias trumps facts and evidence.

When you think you hear a tiger in the bushes, it's to your evolutionary advantage to base your judgement on ambiguous data and prior experience.

• On 18 Aug 2014 in Robot Successfully Hitchhikes Across Entire Length of Canada, Now On Way Back, Vicente said:

Which of the "nobody rides free" forms of payment did the robot choose?

• On 18 Aug 2014 in A third of people have nothing saved for retirement, Vicente said:

zzyzzx says

This is another fine example of exactly how stupid a lot of people really are.

So say you are 58-yo male recently divorced and you get laid off. You start using your savings to keep the creditors at bay. Then, nobody will hire you.... because you know.... you are too "experienced".

Next thing you know it's 3 years later and savings are bled dry, and you are on the path to losing the house too. I have a relative in exactly this boat. He did nothing wrong, and he's smart and a hard worker. He's just fallen on hard times, and odd jobs keep him from starving but little else. Forget about medical.

In a year I expect he'll be like an old friend of mine, who turned to living in a storage unit.

• On 18 Aug 2014 in Michael Brown Autopsy: Shot from the Front of his Body, Vicente said:

gsr says

I would support that to monitor activity of police and other government officials, not for private citizens unless they choose to use.

Dashcams should be mandatory.

I was on a jury recently, the defendant BLEW his entire defense with what he was recorded saying in the back of the police car. Up until we saw that video there was some reasonable doubt.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 346 milliseconds to create.