Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 15 Sep 2014 in Just show the damn ID. This was made for Dan., Bigsby said:

Strategist says

The cop in the video clearly says all he wanted was to see her id. The cop had the authority to demand an id, and she had obligation to show it. If she had just used common sense and showed the id all this would not have happened in the first place. She wasted the cops time, thus wasting the tax payers money, and made a fool of herself.

I would fine this bimbo just for being stupid.

Why do they need to see her ID? Why do they need to cuff her? Why does it take four cops? It seems to have been very heavy handed. Would it have been that way if it had been two white people making out? Would the busy body have phoned the police in the first place?

Vicente says

Bigsby says

You have to show your ID to the police in the US now when you kiss your husband? Good to know.

She is quoted as saying "making out". And the 911 call alleges this was taking place in a car. I can see how a caller COULD interpret making out in a car as a prostitute at work. PERSONALLY this is not something I would be likely to phone the police about, but we have laws against prostitution because of busybodies who will.

Making out is kissing. She also said she was fully clothed and it was during the day right outside CBS apparently. Naturally that requires 4 cops to turn up and put a stop to such goings on.

Strategist says

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/15/showbiz/django-unchained-actress-detained/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

What a stupid bimbo, stirring up trouble over nothing.

You have to show your ID to the police in the US now when you kiss your husband/partner? Good to know.

• On 13 Sep 2014 in Dear iPhone 6 users, welcome to 2012!, Bigsby said:

Peter P says

Bigsby says

And who wants to lug around 2 devices on a day-to-day basis?

I do. It is not that hard.

That's your choice. The way the market is going appears to indicate it isn't most people's preference.

• On 13 Sep 2014 in "Yes" Makes 100% Perfect Sense for Scotland;Too Close to Call;Strange Bedfello, Bigsby said:

To say it makes 100% perfect sense is downright stupid.

Peter P says

Bigsby says

On a somewhat unrelated note, it's pretty cheeky how CA charges full tax when buying a subsidized phone.

I would like to see a move away from subsidized phones. I prefer to buy factory-unlocked devices. More choices.

Well, that pretty much depends on what kind of packages your US carriers put together. Unlocked for a lot of people is only of benefit if they travel a lot or there are deals available that make up for the additional up front expense. I've always bought unlocked phones, but then I work abroad. I'd imagine if all phones were sold unlocked, then a lot of people wouldn't be upgrading as often even if there is little financial difference over the two year period. Over a $1000 for the top end iphone is pretty eye-watering, for example. Considering how easy it is to drop a mobile, it's quite the outlay. A few more choices like the Oneplus One would be good. Mind, I'd probably still cough for a 5.5" iphone if it had less bezel (and more Ram if it actually is only 1GB).

Peter P says

Bigsby says

I was hoping the iphone was going to be more the size of the LG G3 (with I suppose a bigger bottom bezel for the fingerprint reader).

On the contrary, I wish my Moto X had the size of iPhone 5. More specially, a slightly narrower but thicker body would be easier to hold.

I use my phone mostly for calls, SMS, and some apps. For web browsing, I cannot go below a 7-inch screen. Bad eyes.

Instead of getting ever bigger phones, I strongly suggest using two devices.

The LG is as narrow as current phones get for a 5.5" screen. It's perfectly easy to hold for many people and it's a decent size for the internet etc. And who wants to lug around 2 devices on a day-to-day basis?

• On 12 Sep 2014 in Dear iPhone 6 users, welcome to 2012!, Bigsby said:

marcus says

Peter P says

It was okay but the form factor was awkward to use as a phone.

I know it might be awkward, but I want to try it.

I like that it's on the bodrer between tablet and phone. That is I like the big screen. Not that in to tablets. I use a kindle for my ebooks. But I'm just going to have to see whether I find it awkward (versus the upside). I might have to start wearing sport coats or other types of jackets more often, just for holding my pocket computer/phone.

I was hoping the iphone was going to be more the size of the LG G3 (with I suppose a bigger bottom bezel for the fingerprint reader). I don't know why Apple needed to extend the top and bottom out so much - unnecessary and affects how pocketable it's going to be. Jony Ive being anal about symmetry I suppose. The LG has the same size screen but is quite a bit smaller - a very manageable size (just a shame the screen doesn't seem very bright).
    On a somewhat unrelated note, it's pretty cheeky how CA charges full tax when buying a subsidized phone.

• On 10 Sep 2014 in Summarizing The President's Speech Tonight, Bigsby said:

'The bad guys.' Well, they aren't exactly the good guys, are they?

• On 10 Sep 2014 in Somebody please enlighten me about AAPL, Bigsby said:

Strategist says

I'm sure it was a Dell, with the owner looking for a big enough trash can to dump it in. If an Apple fails, it's because someone tried to wash it in a dishwasher.

Their laptops have had plenty of issues over the years - failing graphics cards seems to be a recurring theme. I had a Macbook Pro under Applecare that finally got replaced for free after repeated problems. They produce tech. Tech fails. One advantage with Apple is that they are generally pretty good at sorting it out (as long as you're covered) but that all comes at a premium. Mind, I think their Macbook Airs have represented pretty good value over the years.
    The new iphone though looks expensive (and oversized) in comparison to some Androids currently on the market. Spending close to a $1000 on an unlocked phone is a bit much especially given how common it is to drop the damn things.

• On 9 Sep 2014 in Somebody please enlighten me about AAPL, Bigsby said:

Strategist says

JH:

"Somebody please enlighten me about AAPL"

Apple is one of the few products that have both beauty and brains. There is no substitute. As of January 2, 2014 we became a 100% Apple family. 4 computers, 4 iPhones, 1 iPad, and an Apple router. Never had a problem. Never Ever.

Bought Apple laptops for more than 15 years now. Had some problems with them but generally been very happy. Also have bought the phone and ipad over the years. Again generally happy with both. However, I'm in the market for a new unlocked phone and was waiting on the new 5.5" phone. I'm not bothered by the (likelihood of) low Ram, but that thing as a whole is HUGE and not exactly cutting edge. They seem to be over focused on the software side of things and losing ground on the hardware. The unlocked version also looks like it's going to be ridiculously expensive in comparison to what is now out there. Think I might take a serious look at the G3 and Z3 despite the money I've spent on the apps. The G3 looks a lot of phone for less than $600.

• On 8 Sep 2014 in Joan Rivers Will Stick with Comedy in Hell. No Defense of Israel..., Bigsby said:

bgamall4 says

Unbelief is the greatest sin, because it is the sin on which all others rest. And unbelief is only revealed as evil if God wants to save a person.

I'm sure that's what those individuals in Iraq are telling themselves as they cut off the heads of journalists.

bgamall4 says

No remorse. I wasn't looking for God. I was overshadowed, and in my unbelief I felt as if I was eternally falling. I called on the Savior and the falling sensation stopped. It is a falling of ones soul, ,ones being, no one wants to experience. But without experiencing it there is no salvation. It always produces salvation as God cannot be resisted, and in an instant the heart is changed, not by man's doing.

So you were an atheist your entire life up until the point you had a nervous breakdown and found God. Does that about sum it up?

• On 8 Sep 2014 in Joan Rivers Will Stick with Comedy in Hell. No Defense of Israel..., Bigsby said:

bgamall4 says

Bigsby says

bgamall4 says

But Bigsby, you are the one who is lost. You are the one who has the most to lose.

Whereas you think you are so special, though I suspect you are more special ed.

I just claim what happened to me is exactly what the Bible teaches. I was not looking for God, and I was saved from my unbelief.

So you believe the earth is 6000 years old...

And let me guess, God came to you during a bout of remorse over your extra-marital affair.

bgamall4 says

But Bigsby, you are the one who is lost. You are the one who has the most to lose.

Whereas you think you are so special, though I suspect you are more special ed.

bgamall4 says

I am not backtracking anything. I believe that the creation was created with age. I believe it was fully functioning. I also believe that the Babel story is real, and that the sovereignty of nations and God's hatred of empire stands.

You previously claimed the earth was 6000 years old and that the Noah story was true. I have no idea what you are now claiming with your 'creation was created with age' bit of double speak - though presumably you are peddling the idea God created the earth to look billions of years old when (you think) it is only 6000 years old. Comical stuff. As for your Tower of Babel nonsense, why not read some books on the development of language (you should do the same for evolution)? Your pride in such staggering ignorance isn't a good quality.

bgamall4 says

Bigsby says

None of that answers anything I asked.

I don't have a perfect understanding about the things you asked. However, I try to understand the Beginning as best I can. Perhaps the creation was created with age, with different rules for energy and matter than we have now.

At any rate, divine revelation is all that counts, and being in Christ through that revelation is the only way to escape what the vast majority of people will experience.

Ah, so you are now backtracking on your previous assertions. Why is that? How about your views on the Tower of Babel story? Still believe that?

bgamall4 says

Romans 8 says it all, and it was all determined before the world was made. This is all that should matter to you. This is all past tense and works out in the world as ordained before the first star was created. Either you are called to eternal life or you are consigned to hell and darkness and fire for all eternity and there is nothing you can do to change your destiny:

29For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; 30and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified. 31What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?…

None of that answers anything I asked.

And the bible was written by people. People make up stuff.

And once again, do you believe the only people in heaven are/will be from your little group, that the earth is 6000 years old and that the Noah tale is true? Simple questions to answer.

bgamall4 says

Technological progress and God's patience towards the elect do not negate the truth, Bigsby.

More meaningless gibberish. You are born again, are you not? You believe the only elect are from your little group I take it. How many members are there and how long has it been up and running? From that we can surmise presumably that throughout the whole history of the universe you believe the only people that God favours is your tiny bunch of people (who believe such gems as the earth being 6000 years old and that Noah shoved all the animals on the planet onto a boat). Is that right? And you were complaining about Prodigy being arrogant. You really do have to laugh.

bgamall4 says

Strategist says

bgamall4 says

That is the height of arrogance.

I would say the height of arrogance is claiming - If you don't believe in what I believe you are going to hell to burn in eternity.

For everyone who is not right, you are correct.

And hey, you think you are right because you think you are right based on thinking you are right. Fantastic. Just what progress is based on. Or not.

• On 8 Sep 2014 in I demand a formal apology from TurtleDove, Bigsby said:

Or Rin's just making up shite on the internet...

• On 8 Sep 2014 in The Best New or Current Band in America, Bigsby said:

What are you on about? There's always been throwaway crap, but every group of kids has its own particular likes and dislikes. My formative years were Husker Du, Sonic Youth... Brilliant bands to me, but not necessarily to others. I can say the same now. There are plenty of great bands around, but they're probably more important to the kids into them nowadays than to me because I'm not 18. That hasn't got anything to do with the fact CD sales have tanked. The reasons are bloody obvious - music is consumed in an entirely different way than it was just a short time ago, and kids also have plenty of other things to occupy their time with compared to previous generations.

• On 8 Sep 2014 in The Best New or Current Band in America, Bigsby said:

marco says

The "Best Band" of today ? Is that like the best horse in the glue factory? Or the leper with the most fingers?

Say goodbye guys (record industry). Hope you have good attorneys to break all the existing contracts of all your "talented" angry young men. Numbers don't lie. Disaster.

"CD sales have practically vanished, down 19.2% year-over-year, with sales at mass merchants and chains down 23 percent and 25.6 percent, respectively."

There are one or two important reasons why CD sales have declined so much...

• On 7 Sep 2014 in I demand a formal apology from TurtleDove, Bigsby said:

Rin says

Bigsby says

sexual conquests with your self-proclaimed hot women (who happen to all be hookers FFS)

And they're not conquests, I'm simply inspiring others. I think Strategist has expressed some interest in this lifestyle.

Yeah, inspirational stuff.

Rin says

Bigsby says

Yeah, just the same as slagging her off on a forum to a bunch of people you don't know.

We're arguing principles here. In reality, ppl kill each other for the insurance money.

No, you aren't. You are just being childish. Why don't you take a look at yourself? You could start by thinking why you need to spend most of your time on here boasting about your supposed sexual conquests with your self-proclaimed hot women (who happen to all be hookers FFS) and now slagging off your sister. Classy stuff.

Rin says

turtledove says

Rin says

this is the personal feud between me and TurtleDove

I am not feuding with you. I am stating an opinion. You seem to perceive my opinions as an attack. That is not my intention.

As I'd said in the other thread, if your brother decides to murder your husband in cold blood, you'll side with him over your husband's corpse.

Well, if so then I wish the electric chair for both of you.

Yeah, just the same as slagging her off on a forum to a bunch of people you don't know.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 236 milliseconds to create.