Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 19 Apr 2014 in Money has corrupted us. We no longer understand what it's worth, Bigsby said:

clambo says

So, if you are British and don't work over in London at some financial place, you're as bad off as you were before WW11, which was also pretty lousy.

Disclosure: I have lived in England, it was great, but everyone seemed poor.

Where did you live in England?

And in what way are people as badly off as they were before WWII? People are generally far better off than then, and have a far better safety net in place - the obvious example (among many) being the post-war introduction of the NHS.

• On 16 Apr 2014 in Case-Shiller House Prices Dip For 2nd Straight Month In December, Bigsby said:

RentingForHalfTheCost says

Using the date of a post as the date of a trade is making a lot of assumptions.

You have to laugh.

Nasdaq baby.

I guess that's why all your posts at that time were about the DJIA.

• On 16 Apr 2014 in Case-Shiller House Prices Dip For 2nd Straight Month In December, Bigsby said:

Nice to see how sour grapes look. When I go short it is not a one time buy. I have been playing the short side the last few months (loading up at the high, selling at the low) and have more than 1 house I can buy in the dump land they call Concord. How are your long positions favouring? Not that well I see. Good luck going forward (or I mean downward). At least you got your huge property tax bill each year as comfort.

Sour grapes? About your imaginary investment failures? Hardly. And I see you're still peddling those fairy stories. Paint me unsurprised that your story has changed yet again. And what long positions would those be that you're referring to?

• On 15 Apr 2014 in Gold Doomed or Resting? Gold vs. Major Currencies; Goldman Reiterate Sells, Bigsby said:

Let me take a wild stab in the dark and suggest that you wouldn't have included the following paragraph if Goldman had been saying BUY, BUY, BUY:

But investors need to be very skeptical when looking at Goldman's forecasts for gold prices. Not only are they often wrong, but the bank frequently does the opposite of what it recommends.

• On 15 Apr 2014 in The Housing Recovery That Never Was is Over, Bigsby said:

smaulgld says

Call it Crazy says

smaulgld says

Anyone think home prices nationally will be higher in six-12 months?

Iwog...

You wont see him here

Why don't you ask him how much his properties went up in value during this 'housing recovery that never was'?

• On 14 Apr 2014 in Obama has Proposed 442 Tax Hikes Since Taking Office, Bigsby said:

clambo says

I didn't write that.

I am in favor a gasoline tax to support roads for example. I am against a tax to confiscate wealth.

There was no income tax really until 1913. Previously taxes on sprits, beer, tobacco, were suffient to run things.

Taxes were added to sales of other things to pay for the war of 1812.

In 1862 there was a first income tax, (3%) this was also needed to pay for war activities. Later it was repealed in 1895 by the supreme court.

1913 the 16th amendment was the actual beginning of income tax but much later it was expanded to tax labor.

The 60's of course had another bunch of wars to pay for; Vietnam, the Cold War, and LBJ/Democrats "War on Poverty".

The war on poverty can never be won and we will never stop paying for it.

To me it's interesting that until 1913 the U.S.A. managed to get by without taxing everyone in ever increasing amounts in ever more inventive ways.

Why are you comparing life over a 100 years ago to now? Perhaps you'd like to travel back to the era of Dickens whilst you are at it. Or the Middle Ages. Or...

• On 14 Apr 2014 in I find it interesting...., Bigsby said:

gsr says

Bigsby says

The point is that cattle destroy the natural eco system. It doesn't make any difference whether that is Nevada or Brazil. Cattle cause destruction.

And repeated nuclear testing doesn't? Did you protest when a sizable part of Nevada has been made radioactive by the federal government?

I'm not a US citizen (and I don't live in the US), so perhaps that might be more your responsibility. And I'm not clear why you need to draw in an unrelated topic. One doesn't somehow negate the other.

• On 14 Apr 2014 in Obama has Proposed 442 Tax Hikes Since Taking Office, Bigsby said:

clambo says

Taxes are the way wealth is redistributed downward. This is not what they should be used for.

I have no right to someone else's property or money and neither does the government. Whether the person is the 1%, the 5%, or the 90% doesn't matter.

I know how the average liberal lefty thinks. They think someone should have his property taken from him for the greater good of society.

Yes, stop all taxation. Let's see how that works out...

lostand confused says

Umm no. The ecosytem does not exist by itself as the Disney lovers believe.. Grazing animals have been part of the ecosystem for a gazillion years. it is a balance and we play the role of the predators to keep it in balance and check overgrazing. if we don't , the animals will die off from lack of food anyways.

Cattle have been bred and placed on land often cleared to accommodate them. That hardly makes them a natural part of ecosystems. Ecosystems have been changed (read destroyed) to allow the rearing of these domesticated animals. And it's laughable to say that we play the role of keeping things in balance. What about all the redirecting of potential food/land resources to feed these cattle?

CaptainShuddup says

The Cattle are saving the earth from countless wild grass fires, so they are actually doing their part to keep greenhouse gasses down.

I'm not sure if that was a joke, but anyway...

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?newsID=20772&CR1=warning#.U0wUleaSycQ

CaptainShuddup says

Bigsby says

The majority of cleared Brazilian rainforest is left as grass. Much of that grass is for cattle. Does that not count as destruction in your books?

Um... We're talking about plains grass lands here, not the Texas rain forest.

The point is that cattle destroy the natural eco system. It doesn't make any difference whether that is Nevada or Brazil. Cattle cause destruction.

CaptainShuddup says

Now I get the missing money aspect of the story.

And Liberals are a bunch stark raving greedy bastard lunatics.

So I can understand how this decade long issue, can all of sudden be this administrations most pressing issue, even if Rome is burning to the ground.

BUT!!!!

Can you please explain to me how the COWS are destroying the land. Have you ever actually seen a COW, I mean in a real pastoral setting?

The majority of cleared Brazilian rainforest is left as grass. Much of that grass is for cattle. Does that not count as destruction in your books?

• On 13 Apr 2014 in McMansions are a major cause of our economic problems, Bigsby said:

Blurtman says

Husker Du! New Day Rising!

A band I saw back in the 80s. And the Swans are touring again. Time flies...

• On 13 Apr 2014 in Student goes on knife rampage; nobody killed, Bigsby said:

bgamall4 says

Bigsby says

That's what you meant? Presumably that is why you said:

bgamall4 says

Ok, house prices doubled in the past year, Einstein. Is it a conspiracy? Of course it was.

Time flies fast Bigsby. I just knew that in some places house prices have doubled from the crash and you confirmed it for me, so thanks.

I didn't confirm anything you said. I refuted it. The fact you now want to pretend you said something completely different doesn't change that.

• On 13 Apr 2014 in Student goes on knife rampage; nobody killed, Bigsby said:

bgamall4 says

Bigsby says

Er, I'm sure SOME houses in SOME PLACES have doubled in price since 2009, but that was not the claim you made, was it?

That is what I meant. So thanks for clarifying my position Bigsby.

That's what you meant? Presumably that is why you said:

bgamall4 says

Ok, house prices doubled in the past year, Einstein. Is it a conspiracy? Of course it was.

• On 12 Apr 2014 in Student goes on knife rampage; nobody killed, Bigsby said:

bgamall4 says

Bigsby says

No, they weren't. Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller price index rose 11.3% in the 4th quarter of 2013 compared to a year earlier.

You are correct, but from the bottom, 2009 or 2011 whichever you pick, to now some house prices went up in Las Vegas from 100k to close to 200k.

Er, I'm sure SOME houses in SOME PLACES have doubled in price since 2009, but that was not the claim you made, was it?

• On 12 Apr 2014 in Student goes on knife rampage; nobody killed, Bigsby said:

bgamall4 says

bob2356 says

Would that be a zionist bolt of lightning or just the regular kind?

Regular. bob2356 says

Exactly which many area's have doubled this year? I don't know of any.

Many places were close to 40 percent gains in 2012-2013, not quite doubling. There were likely places where it came close. Greatest areas of increase were Phoenix, Las Vegas, etc.

No, they weren't. Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller price index rose 11.3% in the 4th quarter of 2013 compared to a year earlier. The Case-Shiller index for the 20 major metro areas rose 13.4%. The largest rise (and yes, it's a very large rise) was Las Vegas at 25.5%. San Francisco and LA also saw very large increases at 22.6% and 20.3% respectively. Phoenix rose by 15.3%:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303426304579404832837589354

Substantial rises by anyone's standards but still a far cry from your made up claims.

• On 11 Apr 2014 in Case-Shiller House Prices Dip For 2nd Straight Month In December, Bigsby said:

iwog says

He didn't just claim he was short, then double short, then quadruple short, he also predicted a major crash in a day, then a week, then two months.

He wasn't only wrong, ALL of his predictions were asinine.

Hmm, definitely not looking like I was wrong now. Asinine you say? Wow. Look out for the falling DOW...

Do you think there is a single person on here who believes what you post? We are now something like 3 months on from your initial boasts of massive shorts and the DJIA is still a couple of 100 points higher than when you made those claims. Apparently that makes you right. Go figure.

• On 10 Apr 2014 in Student goes on knife rampage; nobody killed, Bigsby said:

bgamall4 says

bob2356 says

Actually I have a very high IQ which is why I pay zero attention to anything you say other than as a source of amusement

If you have a high IQ, you are a paid shill for the Zionists.

Do you ever actually check what you've typed before posting?

• On 10 Apr 2014 in Student goes on knife rampage; nobody killed, Bigsby said:

bgamall4 says

Rew says

he reason why most people latch onto conspiracy theories is because the thought that one, or a few, people's acts can dramatically and horrifically influence the lives of many people is much more terrifying than believing there is some sinister force at work behind it all.

The relevance of that? And no, they didn't.

• On 9 Apr 2014 in The Current State of the Housing Market, Bigsby said:

clambo says

I found a reference if interested.

The document was from 2008.

copy/pasting portions that may interest some:

"The number of outstanding first mortgages is estimated at 55 million and was derived from the National Delinquency Survey (NDS) of the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA). The NDS contains 45.4 million first mortgages, covering about 80%-85% of outstanding first-lien mortgages.

This yields a total of 55 million first lien loans.

The Federal Reserve reports that the dollar amount of outstanding first lien mortgages at 6.30.08 was $9.42 trillion."

"By number: Forty-nine percent of the 55 million first mortgages are Subprime or Alt-A (26.7 million of 55 million).

By dollars: Forty-nine percent of the $9.42 trillion in outstanding first lien mortgages are subprime or Alt-A ($4.622 trillion/$9.42 trillion)."

Link the article.

This is another site that shows the percentage of sub-prime loans to total mortgages:

http://www.frbsf.org/education/publications/doctor-econ/2009/december/subprime-mortgage-statistics

You can see the ratio in the graph, though it is lower than the figures quoted elsewhere.

• On 8 Apr 2014 in The Current State of the Housing Market, Bigsby said:

Call it Crazy says

What's the matter Bigs, Your hero hasn't been here to "protect" for a while and Gary isn't here to argue with, so are you searching for other threads to Troll and start arguments with your useless comments???

Ah yes, another one of your childish digs. I see you are running away from the points at hand as usual. Why not post up some evidence for your argument seeing as that is what you demand from others? Or let me guess, you are just going to continue chucking around your usual insults because you've got nothing else to say.

Call it Crazy says

But, if as you claim, there was a rate of 20% over three year, why wouldn't the TOTAL over many years not be larger of the current outstanding loans??? Weren't there sub-prime loans written BEFORE 2004 and after 2006???

Because the peak was 20% and most years have been far, far lower (8% according to the article). How would that then translate to 50% of outstanding loans? If it does, YOU prove it. I've given links to show the rate of sub-prime lending, a figure that raises serious questions about the veracity of Clambo's claims. Feel free to post up actual evidence that counters that.

Call it Crazy says

Bigsby says

indigenous says

Bigsby says

I take it then that you don't understand what you are talking about seeing as you appear to be incapable of giving an explanation.

Of course you do

You and CiC are perfect for each other.

Yep, at least WE understand what we write...

You may understand what you write, but you seem to singularly fail to understand that it is invariably total bullshit.

Call it Crazy says

Bigsby says

Clambo said that nearly 50% of TOTAL outstanding mortgages were sub-prime.

See the operative words there: TOTAL outstanding

Bigsby says

I simply referenced an article that stated peak sub-prime lending occurred between 2004 and 2006 at a rate of 20%

But instead, your referencing a 3 year time frame...

Hint: TOTAL doesn't equal a time period 2004 to 2006..

But, if as you claim, there was a rate of 20% over three year, why wouldn't the TOTAL over many years not be larger of the current outstanding loans??? Weren't there sub-prime loans written BEFORE 2004 and after 2006???

What type of loans were written in the 2006 to 2008 time period right before the bubble popped??

Apples and Oranges.....

Is that supposed to be a joke, or are you really that stupid?

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 232 milliseconds to create.