Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 1 Sep 2014 in Iwog Idiocy Strikes Again, Bigsby said:

bob2356 says

They are not doing that so far. It would certainly have been easier to do than putting up artificial island, which shows how reluctant they are to build out into the desert.

No , it doesn't. They have obviously built out into the desert, it's just that the grand coastal projects are the ones that get the publicity.

• On 31 Aug 2014 in On the other hand..., Bigsby said:

indigenous says

Yes, the rally in stocks is likely to continue for many months and the performance may well rival what we have seen over the last 5 years!

Do you seriously believe what they are arguing?

• On 31 Aug 2014 in Iwog Idiocy Strikes Again, Bigsby said:

bob2356 says

Dubai is landlocked. It is surrounded by other emirites. I was just there last week.

Since when has Dubai been landlocked?

• On 31 Aug 2014 in Putin Says Don't Mess with Russia, Decides to Arm Iran with Nukes for Proxy War, Bigsby said:

Good grief.

• On 30 Aug 2014 in Putin Says Don't Mess with Russia, Decides to Arm Iran with Nukes for Proxy War, Bigsby said:

bgamall4 says

Hey, it is a standard disclaimer.

Don't be ridiculous. Actually scratch that as we all know that isn't going to happen.

• On 30 Aug 2014 in Putin Says Don't Mess with Russia, Decides to Arm Iran with Nukes for Proxy War, Bigsby said:

bgamall4 says

Mark D says

bgamall4 says

bob2356 says

You didn't read the disclaimer at the bottom did you?

I wrote the article, but thanks for the heads up.

LMAO~!

Thanks. Glad you enjoy Satire, Mark.

The content of the disclaimer was almost the most laughable part of that attempt at your idea of satire. Almost.

• On 28 Aug 2014 in Ferguson Police Behead American Journalist, Bigsby said:

In your opinion, but then again, you also thought it was satirical.

• On 27 Aug 2014 in Ferguson Police Behead American Journalist, Bigsby said:

bgamall4 says

Bigsby says

Perhaps you'd care to explain where you did any of that in your decidedly un-Christian piece.

I wished him that he get well. Didn't you read it? Read it carefully. I applied the fact that he had cancer to the fact that his bank was cancerous. I don't see a problem with that. I didn't say, Die MOFO Die.

Wow, hilarious, ironic, exaggerated, and saturated with ridicule to expose his stupidity/vices. Or not.

Perhaps you'd care to explain where you did any of that in your decidedly un-Christian piece.

bgamall4 says

Bigsby says

I'm honestly wondering if you took that at face value.

I am honestly wondering if you knew satire if you saw it: http://www.examplesofglobalization.com/2014/08/jamie-dimon-screwed-american-people-and.html

You have to laugh (and just so you know, that childish little article you wrote isn't satire).

I'm honestly wondering if you took that at face value.

• On 24 Aug 2014 in Why I Love "Burning Man", Bigsby said:

The Original Bankster says

yes stupid africans who fuck like animals and gays in san francisco have something in common.

do I have to spell it out?

They're nicer people than you?

• On 13 Aug 2014 in The worst criminals and terrorists are cops, Bigsby said:

thunderlips11 says

Exactly.

That's how you know terrorism is a baloney problem. We'd be safer, richer, and better off cutting the military budget in half and using it to repair our crumbling infrastructure, build up the smart grid, make highways safer, and invest in R&D.

Good grief. Talk about switching topics.

thunderlips11 says

No, it's a way of fighting terrorism that interferes with cheap labor and imports, vital to the profits of the 1%. It's much better to have huge lines at airports and take off your shoes, since that is not as much of an imposition on Business. Repeat Elite Travellers have special programs via the TSA, so it doesn't effect them much, only Betty and Bill visiting the kids.

How many Muslim terrorists do you know have crossed the border via Mexico?

thunderlips11 says

And once again, that point is moot because the cop couldn't check if he wanted to. Perhaps from their accents or behavior he had reason to be suspicious, and decided to check their immigration status?

If, if, if. There is no reason for any cop anywhere in the US or Europe to demand a passport or visa for a traffic stop for speeding. Your point was that if that traffic stop had happened in Europe, then they would have been arrested and deported. I'm telling you that wouldn't have been the case.

thunderlips11 says

Again, European cops can check Immigration or Visa status. American ones cannot.

Had the cop who pulled over the 9/11 hijackers, and asked for their papers, they would have been sent to the DHS and deported for visa overstay.

And once again, this was for speeding. They had a valid driving licence. Why would they ask for a passport and visa? They wouldn't in the US and they wouldn't in Europe.

thunderlips11 says

Totally Relevant. The fact that cargo containers are uninspected, that millions cross the border, that US cops can't check Immigration status, shows the US is utterly unserious about terrorism, it's just an excuse.

It doesn't show that at all. That is simply not an effective way of fighting terrorism.

thunderlips11 says

The French certainly deported 20,000 Roma (again). Operation Wetback worked in the 1930s.

When the government wants to, it can and will deport foreigners easily.

So what? All that is a complete irrelevance when talking about your point about a bloody traffic stop.

thunderlips11 says

Bigsby says

As ISIS has basically become self-funded, then that becomes far less important (and it's obviously not just the Gulf states doing the funding).

And next time, in the next place? India-Pakistan border? Chechnya Part 2? Egypt? Morocco? Nigeria?

Your point?

thunderlips11 says

Good luck controlling the a place where 3/4 of the population is opposed to everything you stand for.

The pipelines and highways either go up through Turkey or down the Rivers to Basra.

North is Kurdish land, nice and hilly too, and the South is loaded with Shi'a.

If you think the US convoys got attacked a little bit, just wait until you see ISIS try to move some gas out of Iraq.

They don't have to move anything out of anywhere to have the kind of funds that they've never had before. That's already the case to a certain extent after over running a substantial number of banks in the region. And if they looked to push back the Shia or the Kurds in the future, then who knows what might happen.

thunderlips11 says

Actually, a French Court only overturned the indefinite police custody of illegals ("Sans-papiers") about a year or so ago. 2012 was a record year for deportations in France, too.

So what? Everything you said there is an irrelevance for stopping someone with a valid driving licence for speeding. As I said, once you're in a country, it's not that difficult to disappear.

thunderlips11 says

Until the USG gets goes about stopping terror at the source, the Gulf States, I know it isn't serious.

As ISIS has basically become self-funded, then that becomes far less important (and it's obviously not just the Gulf states doing the funding).

thunderlips11 says

The Kurds have had a tough time of extracting it, AND a tough time of exporting it. Those fields are damaged and ancient; the infrastructure is also in lousy shape.

The oil rich areas of Iraq (and much of the densely populated areas) are also where all of ISIS' strongest and most hated enemies are, the Shi'a and Kurdish regions. The Shi'a alone are ~65% of the population. Toss in the Kurds and other minorities, it's 75%.

Wahabis hate Shi'a more than they hate "Crusaders" or "Zionists". The hate is at 1600s Germany levels.

And your point? A group hell bent on regional dominance at any price is going to extract money any way they can. The more land they control, the more money they will gather. They don't have to control every city or every oil field to cause havoc both in the region and elsewhere.

thunderlips11 says

That depends. If they were obvious foreigners - like the 9/11 hijackers - they would probably be.

Obvious foreigners? When was the last time you were in England, France or Germany? What exactly is a citizen of one of those countries supposed to look like? Close to 3m muslims live in England. Add up every black, Asian, Arab or mixed citizen in England and that's 8m people.

thunderlips11 says

Won't happen. The Kurds, Shi'a, and Iran won't allow it.

They don't have to literally control all of it, do they? Some oil fields and major cities can supply a substantial amount of funds.
    thunderlips11 says

When does the bombing of Saudi Arabia begin, then? The sanctions for oppressing women, for jailing lawyers for 15 years over blogging about legal reforms?

Yes, because the two situations are obviously the same...

thunderlips11 says

They were stopped, and if I remember right, on I-95. If this was pretty much every European country, the cop would say "Passport and Visa, please".

"Oh, this expired last year. We're going to Immigration, Gentlemen."

You have a lot of experience living in Europe, do you? If someone was stopped for speeding in Europe and produced a driving licence, then they wouldn't be asked for their 'passport and visa.'

thunderlips11 says

We can't afford Team America: World Police anymore. Most of the violence in the middle east is the blowback of our own buttinsky ways. Who ever heard of ISIS in 2002?

Again, not a speck on Assad's or Saddam's ass - until we destabilized the region with our occupation.

The past is the past. The issue is what is to be done now with the very real threat of ISIS.

thunderlips11 says

Also, Islamic Fundamentalism is linked to US Meddling. No Shah and no Mossadegh overthrow, it's highly unlikely Khomeni would have taken power. The Egyptian populace is well aware of where the tanks and guns used to impose military dictatorships come from, and who pays for their oppression, as are the Pakistanis.

And I already made the same point.

thunderlips11 says

Who funds ISIS, the Chechen Rebels, the Taliban, Al-Qaeda, Muslim Militants in India and Paki Terror Teams?

I know very well who funds these groups - and in the case of ISIS, I understand they have largely become self-funded with their recent advances.

thunderlips11 says

Several of the 9/11 hijackers encountered routine traffic stops, yet, unlike if the same thing happened anywhere in industrialized Europe or Asia where police check immigration status, not deported. Most (all?) of the hijackers were visa overstayers. Instead, we jail dangerous Icelandic Students and Tourists for staying a few days too long. Hard to hijack a plane in Boston when you're back in Morocco/Egypt/Saudi Arabia.

Once in any country, it's pretty difficult to track people down if they're trying to avoid the authorities, so I'm not sure what your point is.

thunderlips11 says

As for taking over the Levant, the Iranians, Turks, Kurds, Israel, Arab Shi'a and definitely Hezbollah would keep them VERY busy even if they could occupy both Syria and Iraq.

If they actually did manage to control Iraq and Syria, I suspect your flippancy about the consequences would be misplaced.

thunderlips11 says

Why are Sunnis so radicalized in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, and the Sudan?

Some Sunnis are radicalised. There is an enormous difference between that and what you are saying.

thunderlips11 says

To illustrate how much the US wanted to blame Assad.

Of course they wanted to blame Assad. What exactly do you think the history of the region is?
    thunderlips11 says

Speaking of an absolute government using violence, how'd our friends in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan treat the Palestinians... or those Democratic Emirs of Bahrain treat their Democracy Protesters?

Poorly.

thunderlips11 says

A Caliphate would still be unable to make it's own tanks, much less jet fighters or even guns. No population, no know-how, and attempts at a unification would be a howl to watch. Germany was one of the top 5 Industrial Powers; Russia had a massive population. The Levant has neither the population nor the industry to be a threat.

You would have a group imposing radicalisation on a whole region, generating enormous wealth from which they would be able to buy the weapons they can't produce. And they don't need modern weapons to cause problems in the US as you well know. They need organisation, funding and volunteers, of which there would be substantially more.

thunderlips11 says

We have enough problems at home, and plenty of Weapons with which to nuke the Levant.

Good grief.

Strategist says

Imagine ISIS in control of the Middle East. Now imagine hell for us.

Imagine the hell for the people living in the Middle East.

thunderlips11 says

Bigsby says

Perhaps you should read up a little more on the history of Syria under Assad's rule.

Yep, he's a dictatorial cunt who uses violence. If he didn't, the place would be overrun with Sunni Freaks.

Who do you think has contributed to the radicalisation of so many Sunnis?

thunderlips11 says

It wasn't Assad that used Chemical Weapons on the populace (and, notice who leaped to the microphone saying they had strong evidence it was Assad's Army after it happened).

I didn't say it was, and I'm not clear on the purpose of that comment.

thunderlips11 says

I see where you came from with that argument. A counter-argument would be: ISIS is in the asspit of the world over there, and trigger happy cops are here.

That's not a counter-argument to cops being the worst terrorists in the world. It is an argument that it has a more immediate impact upon those living in the US (though in the long run the permanent creation of an Islamic caliphate could pose a more substantial threat to the safety of US citizens).

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 230 milliseconds to create.