comments by Bigsby

Bigsby   befriend   ignore   Sat, 22 Aug 2015, 2:46pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 1

justme says

WTF? The equivalent reverse scenario would be a drunken male passenger rubbing a female taxi driver's pud and saying "please, baby please".

No, it wouldn't. She exposed herself, so... And I still think that a drunken man jumping into the front seat, exposing himself and then grabbing a female taxi driver is NOT really the equivalent of what was shown there. Is it that unreasonable to consider the level of threat involved as well? We all know how a pissed up man willing to do that might actually behave and the scenario you're painting doesn't really spring to mind.
And how was that woman able to give him oral sex if he didn't want her to (or was that a different case)? Makes no sense whatsoever. The bloke looks like an fing gorilla.
Anyway, I still don't follow what happened in that case as the snippets given sound like different cases and the newspaper reports are very unclear. The video shows her giving the come on and then getting out. How does that relate to the other things mentioned?

Bigsby   befriend   ignore   Sat, 22 Aug 2015, 7:55am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 2

iwog says

She grabbed his crotch. That's why she was convicted of battery.

OK. But let's be quite clear here, men grab women's breasts a hell of a lot during drunken nights out, alcohol fuelled holidays... How often are there any consequences? And what are the consequences if a man does touch a woman's breast(s)? I know that in the UK the man would be extraordinarily unlucky to go to jail for that.

More to the point, what actually happened with this taxi story after the event? How did it come to her going to the police a year later? I can't help thinking this story is just a bit ridiculous. Can't taxi drivers handle drunk passengers rather than letting them carry on and filming them in the process?

Bigsby   befriend   ignore   Sat, 22 Aug 2015, 7:46am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Comment 3

iwog says

Flip that exact same scenario on its head and you've got the current state of affairs with women and sexual assault.

You think it's the same situation if you have say a man jerking off and coming on to a female taxi driver? Maybe I'm old fashioned, but to me that scenario has a rather different level of potential threat than the one I just saw played out on that video.

Bigsby   befriend   ignore   Sat, 22 Aug 2015, 7:40am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 4

iwog says

Flip that exact same scenario on its head and you've got the current state of affairs with women and sexual assault.

Men serve prison time for touching a breast and coming on a bit too strong.

And usually it is shrugged off. It happens every night in pubs and clubs and the overwhelming majority of women don't go to the police.
Did this woman even touch the taxi driver? Seriously, I don't get this story. He's a taxi driver in New Orleans FFS. He must have seen far worse. What actually happened before that woman went to the police a YEAR later?

Bigsby   befriend   ignore   Fri, 21 Aug 2015, 9:07pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 5

thunderlips11 says

Yes, he did. So what? You want equality, or special rights for women? Men can't report being inappropriately touched when it's unwelcome?

I thought she was inappropriately touching herself. Anyway, back here in the real world... You seriously don't think a taxi driver reporting a woman coming onto him is rather err let's say unusual? You saw the film didn't you? That taxi driver really suffered. Horrific. Straight to the police. What do you think would happen if women reported every man who came on a bit too strong for them?? A good many taxi drivers in the UK probably experience that kind of thing on a fairly regular basis. I don't recall any of them ever reporting it to the police. I wonder why.

And why did you post this story up as a false rape claim?

Bigsby   befriend   ignore   Fri, 21 Aug 2015, 7:53pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 6

thunderlips11 says

Not rare. Here's another case, this time a well-educated, professional female lawyer who accused a cabbie of rape:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2971640/Louisiana-attorney-gets-ONE-DAY-probation-drunkenly-exposing-trying-seduce-cab-driver.html

Where does it say she accused the cabbie of rape? She seems like a charmer, but still...

It sounds like a weird case mind. Did the cabbie actually go to the police and complain about her coming onto him? I mean seriously??

Bigsby   befriend   ignore   Fri, 21 Aug 2015, 7:27pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 7

thunderlips11 says

iwog says

If you don't believe me, study Japan and find out why their civilization by any measure is DYING now.

"Grass Eaters" and "Parasite Singles".

There's a little more to it than that given the difficulties of raising a 2/3... child family over there.

Bigsby   befriend   ignore   Fri, 21 Aug 2015, 1:19pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 8

iwog says

YesYNot says

If I had to take a wild ass guess, I'd put knowingly false rape allegations made by the supposed victim at around 25%. But I recognize that I pulled that number out of my ass, because as I've stated numerous times that the research sucks. So I would never claim it was 25%. You on the other hand are reading the tea leaves and thinking you are the Charles Darwin of rape research. You are a legend in your own mind.

So much anger.

I must have missed that.

iwog says

You've got all the feminists in the Western world publishing articles nearly every day claiming 2% and attempting to get draconian laws passed to punish the accused and protect the accuser. Shit like California "Yes means yes" and false rape accuser Emma Sulkowicz being invited to the State of the Union address by Kirsten Gillibrand.
But don't worry about that because you'd rather argue that it's 1 in 4 women making up rape accusations instead of 1 in 3 or 1 in 2 and all the attrocites that are being committed don't interest you.

Now that on the other hand...

Bigsby   befriend   ignore   Fri, 21 Aug 2015, 8:24am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 9

iwog says

It shouldn't since there isn't a study on earth that says 50% is wrong and quite a few that indicate it's probably accurate.

Why shouldn't it? You have been claiming it as FACT (an absolute minimum) pretty much all the way through this thread and the other. How many studies have you actually mentioned that gave a rate above 50%? One? Two?

Bigsby   befriend   ignore   Fri, 21 Aug 2015, 8:17am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 10

iwog says

If he doesn't believe some minute number, why the hell does he/she keep coming back to this topic? Obviously an estimate of 50% violently clashes with his/her sensibilities.

A claim of 50%+ as fact (I notice you threw in 'estimate' there) clashes with my sensibilities as well. It doesn't mean I believe the rate is 2%.

Bigsby   befriend   ignore   Fri, 21 Aug 2015, 8:15am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 11

Patrick says

ok, now mutual ignore should work.

so when you put someone on ignore, not only do you not see them, you become invisible to them as well.

I'm a little confused. You just said all threads and comments are visible in a previous post.

Bigsby   befriend   ignore   Fri, 21 Aug 2015, 8:13am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 12

iwog says

Bigsby says

I hadn't noticed them posting on here.

I'm pretty sure YesYNot believes it's 2%.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't given that he mentioned this just a little up the page:

YesYNot says

There, he's stating that the 2% number sucked, and there was a lack of critical analysis.

Bigsby   befriend   ignore   Fri, 21 Aug 2015, 8:09am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 13

iwog says

Okay it's my opinion that it's a fact. Why are you fighting this battle BTW? You've got feminists swearing up in down in a hundred articles that it's 2%. Go attack them.

I hadn't noticed them posting on here.

Bigsby   befriend   ignore   Fri, 21 Aug 2015, 8:04am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 14

iwog says

Nope, I'm pushing forward a percentage as the most likely accurate number. I've said numerous times it's not a fact.

And you've said numerous times that it is a fact. You can't have it both ways.

iwog says

YesYNot says

You made the 50% of rape charges are false claim yesterday for Christs sake.

Which is a stone cold fact, however you decided to lie and say this:

And when is one man's assertions the basis of the kind of claims you are making? I posted up a report from the UK where it mentioned a very different perspective from those police interviewed. It isn't proof either way.

Bigsby   befriend   ignore   Fri, 21 Aug 2015, 7:44am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 15

iwog says

There are sources of error with every study but as I accurately pointed out, I could post 100 studies and you'd find "major issues" with all of them. You don't want reality to intrude upon you fantasy.

Except you're the one pushing forward a percentage as 'fact'.

Bigsby   befriend   ignore   Thu, 20 Aug 2015, 8:49pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Comment 16

justme says

Nice try, but no cigar. If 83% of rapes are supposedly committed by non-strangers, how can the complainants manage to to misidentify over 25% of all arrested suspects?

https://rainn.org/get-information/statistics/sexual-assault-offenders

So? That still doesn't remotely translate into your claim of a 25% base line. The data was, if you hadn't noticed, for rapes and rape-murders. There is nothing in that passage that indicates it is a representative sample. Every single one of those samples could relate to cases of rape by a stranger as there is no way of knowing otherwise from what was written. The text is what it is. I am not the one misrepresenting it.

Bigsby   befriend   ignore   Thu, 20 Aug 2015, 6:22pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 17

Yeah, except as has already been pointed out, that is for misidentification by the accuser or the police, not a 25% rate of false rape accusations by the women.

Bigsby   befriend   ignore   Thu, 20 Aug 2015, 5:38pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 18

YesYNot says

Jesus, I leave for an hour or two, and you've turned another thread into a false rape allegation thread.

In fairness, you were the one who brought it up again.

Bigsby   befriend   ignore   Thu, 20 Aug 2015, 5:21pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 19

iwog says

So no witness and no DNA evidence and we're talking about guys here who are PROVEN to be innocent...........so you think his footprints matched? He left his wallet at the scene of a crime he didn't commit?

What are you on about now? We are talking about your quoted text that stated 25% of the DNA tests didn't match the primary suspect. Nothing more, nothing less. You claimed that then equalled a 25% baseline for FALSE accusations, and yet it represents no such thing.

Bigsby   befriend   ignore   Thu, 20 Aug 2015, 5:19pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 20

iwog says

It has never been discredited by any source on earth. If you believe otherwise, cite it here and BY THE WAY, none of the studies you've linked previously rejected 50%.

Pretty much every study I've read doesn't seem to take that study seriously. If you don't want to call that discredited, then fine, call it what you like.
And where did I say the studies rejected 50%? That's not the purpose of a study. They, however, most certainly didn't say it was fact though, did they?

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best of   about   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net