Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 18 Sep 2014 in You Idiots have created more Prolife people than you've prevented, Quigley said:

HydroCabron says

CaptainShuddup says

in an America where Parent Child relationship is a cold affair, that the state has final say over anyway

Mandating full-term pregnancy and birth for blastocyst-Americans is how we show our belief in small government.

Hey! Stop poking holes in our logical fallacies!

This is why I believe that the choice to abort or not is a moral one, and shouldn't be governed by laws, at least until a certain point in the pregnancy. 2nd term abortions are pretty horrible and I could support laws banning those excepting cases where the mothers life is at risk or similar exigency.

• On 16 Sep 2014 in Counting Sheep: French Government Faces Second No Confidence Vote in Six Months, Quigley said:

I suspect the French aren't too happy with their country being inundated by Muslims and African refugees.

• On 16 Sep 2014 in Expensive engagement rings are a scam, Quigley said:

I bought a nice band with a smallish (1ct) stone for the engagement. She was thrilled that she was getting married to me and liked the ring. On our fifth anniversary I had sent her ring to "be cleaned" and it came back with a much larger stone. She's earned it. #braggingrights

• On 16 Sep 2014 in Counting Sheep: French Government Faces Second No Confidence Vote in Six Months, Quigley said:

I'm sure a French person could tell us the trouble there.

• On 16 Sep 2014 in Rin's corroboration with a female ex-classmate, Quigley said:

Ever heard the expression, "Happy wife, happy life?"
    Well, it's true, but not really in order. You see, you need a happy life situation to produce a happy wife, and then she's going to need a lot of time and attention and other things to remain that way and not start fantasizing about keeping up with some kardashian bitch she's never met but who seems to have a better life than her.
    So the catch is the bit where she stays happy. Unless you find one of those unicorns who are as self aware as the grand majority of females are not. And then she will probably be fugly or a man in drag. Women, can't live with em, can't live without em. There's a reason why most religions begin around something a female did.

• On 16 Sep 2014 in Having children in an overpopulated world, Quigley said:

And then we've got the Muslim time bomb. Overpopulation is a way of life, and a matter of creed besides. Plus their offspring are nearly retarded after 14 centuries of marrying cousins, and many others are homocidal psychopaths. Mohammed set the example by marrying his cousin, a child who he raped at nine years old. The Islamic world has produced almost nothing to further civilization for hundreds of years, and yet they continue to breed and spread like an inbred fungus.

It's a bad sign for the world when the best and brightest decline to reproduce so as to "not overburden the world," while the worst and dimmest multiply like deranged lemmings. If this is a continuing trend, in a hundred years the average human will be a semi-retarded Muslim who prays to Mecca in between raping his niece and the family goat.

• On 16 Sep 2014 in I have a vagina , so should be paid as much as a dick law blocked by repubs, Quigley said:

Good bill for lawyers. Bad bill for America. My sister makes more than twice what her ex husband makes, but it's a different sort of work.
    My other sister makes less than him.
    The difference is, one had the drive to get educated and perform great in a work environment and the other did not.

If you compare doctors, the majority of pediatricians are female, the majority of surgeons are male. The surgeons are paid four to eight times as much. So comparing gender equality in this setting is pointless. Both genders have the opportunity to choose their specialties, in full knowledge of the pay gap. Females choose pediatrics. That's their choice.
    Sort of the same way women choose office or desk work over technical trade work by a gross margin. I doubt if 2% of the tradeskill type jobs are held by women. Yet these jobs pay better than average.
    It's all about choice.

• On 16 Sep 2014 in Having children in an overpopulated world, Quigley said:

Some places really so have way too many people. The Philippines comes to mind. The squalor there is indescribable, yet they keep having a ridiculous amount of children. Africa is similar. Even if Ebola kills a few million there, it will still be a tiny percentage of the radical overpopulation.

So why add to it? Peter P touched on some of my reasoning. So did others, even if in jest.

The fact of global overpopulation is making the planet sick. Only two roads lead into the future:
    1)immolation. Think radical plagues or devastating wars with nuclear weapons. Awful. Unthinkable. But inevitable if things continue without interference.
    2)world cultural and technological change. This is the kindest solution. Culture has to change on a world wide basis to curb excessive reproduction. To do this, we will need great diplomats, thinkers, social engineers, psychologists, and probably even a few prophets. This ship will take a long long time to turn around. Technology will help us cope in the meantime. Better agriculture, water delivery, information systems, global interconnectedness, and a thousand other small changes we can't forsee will boost the human spirit and the human will to survive as a species. This is our future and our way of saving ourselves. It's also the only real way humanity can continue a march to the stars and a glorious destiny.

But all these necessary things and innovations will require innovative and intelligent people, influential people, charming people, people who can inspire through art. People who can create or fix the tech we will need to continue on as a species. We need the above average people, the geniuses, and the outliers if we are to make it.

So when I found myself married to a very intelligent talented beautiful woman, I decided to have three kids. They all turned out as expected, at least one is smarter than me, and I'm no slouch.
    The alternative was hoping the welfare crowd will produce the people we will need to make it past this critical point in human history without becoming history. By economics, only 31% of children in the US are born to parents who are middle class ($35k/year household) or better. Can we really entrust our future to the average and the less than average when we know we will need the exceptional to survive?

• On 15 Sep 2014 in Unseen Toll: Wages of millions seized to pay past debts, Quigley said:

The credit cards are issues by the banks, and the banks own the government. This is why they made credit card debt undischargeable, not because it helps people, but because it allows banks to keep people forever in debt.

Credit cards are a bear trap that no sane person would willingly walk into.
    I haven't carried a balance on mine in ten years. If I can't afford something, I don't buy it.
    Crazy, I know.

• On 15 Sep 2014 in Americans' trust in government at or near record lows, Quigley said:

Call it Crazy says

errc says

The government is comprised of crooks, whose directive is to fleece the fuck out of the populace. Trust them? Why should we?

You elected them!

Which of the past six presidential candidates was not in the pocket of big banking and big business? We never had a choice.

• On 14 Sep 2014 in Interesting early American Capitalist, Quigley said:

thunderlips11 says

54 40 or fight!

Uh, Britain is very strong. Maybe we'll settle for the 49th Parallel.

Thank goodness, otherwise we'd have New Yorkers all the way to Hudson Bay!

• On 14 Sep 2014 in CA budget deficit was closed by taxes on the rich, Quigley said:

indigenous says

Quigley says

At some point it's the only solution. The rich can't win the monopoly game forever or we will all wind up bankrupt on Boardwalk

The problem is that monopoly is a zero sum game, real life is NOT.

Notice that the standard of living has been going up for everyone and we now have 7 billion people on this planet.

While you are absolutely correct about this, certain essential things ARE a zero sum game. The past ten years has shown us that real estate is one of these things. They aren't making any more land in desirable areas on which to place houses.

• On 14 Sep 2014 in CA budget deficit was closed by taxes on the rich, Quigley said:

indigenous says

Bellingham Bill says

Better to tax the rich than borrow from them!

But that is hardly a viable solution...

At some point it's the only solution. The rich can't win the monopoly game forever or we will all wind up bankrupt on Boardwalk.

• On 14 Sep 2014 in TSA Goons Demand to Feel Up Guy After His Flight Lands, Quigley said:

So why aren't you in the TSA?

• On 14 Sep 2014 in Housing price cuts signal shift in Southern Cal market, Quigley said:

So I crunched some numbers on official birth statistics and here are the results.
    1)households with annual incomes over $35k account for 31% of all births in the USA.
    2)69% of all births are to people below that "middle class" line.
    3) 44% of births are to people below the poverty line.

This means that the grand majority of kids will be growing up poor. Not good odds for future consumers. Many will likely never make it above the poverty line, but they'll pop out kids!

• On 14 Sep 2014 in I never should have followed my dreams, Quigley said:

I'm following my dream while keeping my day job. It's more work, but it's immoral to not support myself and my family if I have the means to do so, even for a "good cause" like following a dream. The article's author seems to have hit that karmic wall. People who succeed rarely do so by foregoing work, or doing less work, for that matter. The success stories are made by people who work like angry bastards to achieve over and above what's considered reasonable, expected, or rational.

• On 14 Sep 2014 in TSA Goons Demand to Feel Up Guy After His Flight Lands, Quigley said:

Happy 9/11 day! Flying used to be reasonable. Now it's a process best avoided at all costs.

• On 14 Sep 2014 in Obama's legally dubious Isis campaign is just a way to continue perpetual war, Quigley said:

indigenous says

The best thing O could do to help the economy is to take trump up on his offer.

If Trump is running things he'd mortgage everything, take out massive loans, pay himself and his cronies the value of the loans in stock options, then "retire" and cash in, leaving the nation in bankruptcy. Capitalism FTW!!!

• On 13 Sep 2014 in Palin sorry for getting Obama elected., Quigley said:

At least she can see the forest. Our stupid politicians keep letting these arab Muslims into our country, where they sell rugs until it's time to go on jihad. Something like 600-900 ISIS fighters traveled there from America. It's stupid to let people into your house that hate you and pray for your death. Islam can't claim this "religion of peace" horse shit anymore. They've declared war. Peace was never a part of their satanic "holy book."

• On 12 Sep 2014 in Cowardly Texas Pigs Assault Unarmed Teenage Girl and Steal Her Phone, Quigley said:

Looks like the principal(note spelling, Dan) was the idiot here, escalating an incident of rule breaking into criminal punishment. He called the brutes and they came to do what brutes do. I guess the Texas lawmen are big and dumb and ignorant of the actual law. But hey, they're the dogs and the principal called them. He endangered the girl by calling the cops for a non criminal offense.

• On 12 Sep 2014 in Young Households Are Losing Ground, Quigley said:

jvolstad says

Younger people need to be more careful about education. Liberal Art degrees may or may not put food on the table.

They certainly aren't worth paying a lot for.
    The willingness to actually LEARN and work is a far better indicator of future success than the mere possession of another degree. It's easier than ever to be an autodidact. The knowledge of the world is quite literally at your fingertips. If you can't use that to find a niche, you aren't applying yourself.

• On 12 Sep 2014 in Starbucks can't find an idiot under 30 that doesn't have tattoo on arms and fa, Quigley said:

In my experience, tattoos are most often sported by people who, having given up hope of making a mark on this world, strive to at least leave a mark upon their own bodies.

• On 11 Sep 2014 in Most people not doing well in todays economy, Quigley said:

Iwog says, "How much longer do you think the rich and the powerful are going to tolerate feeding this unnecessary horde?"

They'd better feed them well as entertain them too if they want to keep their lordly positions. As soon as they decide to either cut off support or do away with the "unnecessary" people, the wealthy are fucked. The aristocrats of pre-Revolution France thought they were invincible too, right up until they met the guillotine.
    This is not a hard lesson to learn. It's been repeated throughout history. And the wealthy elite of this nation know it well. That's why neither party is truly for cutting welfare spending. The GOP beats that drum to stir up resentment of working class stiffs toward their jobless neighbors(who probably vote democrat anyway), but the GOP has repeatedly increased funding for social welfare programs. So far they still like to put the tax burden on the same working stiffs.

• On 11 Sep 2014 in Starbucks can't find an idiot under 30 that doesn't have tattoo on arms and fa, Quigley said:

Diva24 says

Psst.... Tattooed baristas aren't the problem, it's the watered down, overpriced coffee...

It's neither watered down nor overpriced. Apparently it's perfectly priced, since millions of yuppies buy there each day. And it's strong, yep! Really strong. The caffeine is high.
    It's still only about 2 bucks for a cup, unless you want them to put all that gay foo-foo stuff in it.

• On 11 Sep 2014 in Summarizing The President's Speech Tonight, Quigley said:

HydroCabron says

Why not cut taxes on job creators and let the free market solve this?

Traditionally there are two ways of actually doing this. That is, waging a war without committing any military forces.
    1)support piracy as England did vs. Spain.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_of_marque
    2)offer a bounty for kills of your enemy's troops/citizens as the French did in America's French and Indian war. This created the tradition of scalping an enemy.

So... is that what you are truly suggesting? As a tactic it's rather despicable. As a strategy it's an economically and politically efficient way of waging war.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 193 milliseconds to create.