comments by Quigley

Quigley   befriend (6)   ignore (2)   Tue, 24 May 2016, 10:29am PDT   Like (2)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 1

Donald is the dick we need to fuck all the assholes who have been shitting all over America.

Quigley   befriend (6)   ignore (2)   Tue, 24 May 2016, 8:24am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 2

Dan8267 says

Bearing false witness against your neighbor is even one of the prohibitions in the Ten Commandments.

Isn't it funny how society's dismissal of some of these "unimportant" social rules can cause such harm and havoc? God's laws aren't for His protection, but are simple safety rules for our protection. A toddler might not understand why he isn't to stick a knife into the electrical socket. The rule may even seem arbitrary, but the consequences remain etched in stone.

Quigley   befriend (6)   ignore (2)   Tue, 24 May 2016, 5:55am PDT   Like (2)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 3

Human behavior isn't required to be logical or benefit the humans behaving in such ways. In fact, without the strong influence of cultural rules that tell people how to behave (and are set by many generations of wisdom), humans wind up making themselves extremely miserable indeed!
People with common sense understand this truth, and are justifiably upset by the social wars that seek to undermine every common social convention in the name of "progress."

Quigley   befriend (6)   ignore (2)   Mon, 23 May 2016, 10:04am PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 4

iwog says

Trump is supposed to be a dictator but he's not. This is going to piss off the authoritarians even more and next time they aren't going to choose a clown as their champion.

So because the voters chose a candidate the authorities didn't like, they won't choose him next time? This makes less sense than usual.
Voters who vote trump are betting that he can make the right deals to help regular Americans. The republicans failed the last eight years, mostly because they were just against everything, and for nothing unless it was another massive wealth redistribution to the top .1% or another H2B program to replace American workers or the 45th attempt to repeal Obamacare. They didn't help real Americans one bit.
So Trump.

Quigley   befriend (6)   ignore (2)   Mon, 23 May 2016, 4:38am PDT   Like (4)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 5

iwog says

We are ONE significant generation separated from classical monogamy so these effects are just starting to dominate.

For a look into the future, you might consider a culture that's at least two generations past classical monogamy: black (especially ghetto) culture. There we have women openly competing for men, who sit back and enjoy the show. If a man cheats on his girlfriend (not wife, they don't get married much) she gets mad not at him but at the other woman and takes her revenge. Men are ambulatory sperm banks and not relied upon for either child care or resources. Still, due to their relative scarcity in the community, men command a premium of attention and sex from women who are looking for male companionship for as long as they can manage to hold onto it.
This is a miserable situation for children and women, and leads to poverty and savage amounts of crime. It's also self-perpetuating, creating new generations of young men ready to make all the mistakes of their fathers.
It's also a miserable situation for society at large. The people with this culture are takers not makers, and wouldn't survive without public assistance. If the majority of society goes this way, the wealth and wellbeing of the nation would go south in a big hurry. Crime would be rampant, police and jails overtaxed, and citizens would be nearly ungovernable. Eventually it would all break down into quasi-anarchy, with nation states arising within the greater country which follow their own cultural and (increasingly) civil rules. The US government would implode under its own weight and become irrelevant.
This means that public assistance would be cut off, resulting in a radical social shift away from the ghetto model and towards monogamy once again as women cling desperately to the only lifeline they've ever had: their man. Survival in such anarchy would be a much more difficult and iffy proposition. The winners would be those deemed worthy of induction into the tiny nation states that dot the cityscape. These would be ruled by adherence to a specific culture. No deviance would be permitted, or the deviants would be expelled to live among the general starving miserable populace.

Multiculturalism would die a savage death, and be replaced by a quasi tribalism.

Quigley   befriend (6)   ignore (2)   Sun, 22 May 2016, 10:48am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 6

Bob's take-down proves that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Specifically, when a man with a little knowledge bout something like John makes sweeping statements about a technology he doesn't have the science background to understand, he makes an ass out of himself.
Fuel cells are just hugely expensive and immensely heavy chemical batteries with a greater than normal capacity. Hydrogen cars are just cars that can oxidize H2 and use the chemical reaction to produce kinetic energy.

Also, Bailo's assertions about the seemingly insurmountable energy consumption of "electronics" involved in auto-driving cars further shows his ignorance. Modern electronics are not power hogs. My iPhone has many sensors working together and it's powered all day from the first few minutes of the power needs of a 1984 computer. EVERY modern vehicle uses massive amounts of electronic control from everything from ignition, spark plugs, computer ignition control, to the backup camera that is now standard.

Right now I believe hybrids to be the pinnacle of energy saving driving technology. They use regenerative electronics to store the energy of stopping the car as electricity in the battery, and then use an electric motor to convert it back to kinetic energy. My hybrid Camry gets 32-38 mpg in the city, stop and start, where my previous all gas Camry got around 14 under those conditions. Re-using energy by converting it is savings, tho in all honesty each conversion is inefficient.

Quigley   befriend (6)   ignore (2)   Sun, 22 May 2016, 8:59am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 7

Yes, if I get into a fight with a gay man and win, am I guilty of gay bashing and hate crime?
How about if I fight with a black guy? A Latino guy? If a blacktino mugger assaults me and I punch him in the balls will I be prosecuted for hate-crime assaulting a protected minority?
Patrick is correct, hate crime designation makes people unequal under the law giving some people super-legal protections over others.
If any of those situations came to pass, I think I would play the liberals own game and say that I identify as a gay cis-gender black woman.

Quigley   befriend (6)   ignore (2)   Fri, 20 May 2016, 9:10am PDT   Like (3)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 8

WorkInProgress says

MOVE you dumb motherfuckers.

Three of my college friends have moved from IL to other states in tax protest in the last five years.

Quigley   befriend (6)   ignore (2)   Thu, 19 May 2016, 3:59pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 9

errc says

I work too damn hard to have my tax dollars wasted on something so stupid

1) You're unaffected in PA by illegal immigrant issues, so your flippant opinion lacks merit.
2) Trump keeps saying Mexico will pay for the wall. Maybe he means it?
3) not once did you explain how the idea is so incredibly stupid. This turns an otherwise average opinion into a pile of stinking 💩

Quigley   befriend (6)   ignore (2)   Thu, 19 May 2016, 1:57pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 10

I think we could ask for some broken glass to be cemented along the top of the wall. Maybe use empty bottles of Dos Equis so it can be the most interesting wall in the world?

Quigley   befriend (6)   ignore (2)   Thu, 19 May 2016, 1:23pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 11

They don't call them wetbacks for no reason you know. How about an electrified fence? Anywhere in the neighborhood of 4160volts should be fine.

Quigley   befriend (6)   ignore (2)   Thu, 19 May 2016, 11:19am PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 12

And just for Marcus, who seems unaware of the culture clash between afghan men who like to sodomize boys and their US Army instructors who are horrified by the practice. Here's a little story about how our Army wanted to kick out a green beret for punching out a child rapist who laughed when he bragged about his twisted crime.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/army-reverses-decision-expel-green-beret-punching-afghan-child-rapist

Quigley   befriend (6)   ignore (2)   Thu, 19 May 2016, 11:13am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 13

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/05/18/salons-todd-nickerson-on-pedophilia-im-not-a-monster/

I guess he's now released a video. The agenda marches on!

Quigley   befriend (6)   ignore (2)   Wed, 18 May 2016, 2:58pm PDT   Like (3)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 14

Nice takedown Lips. Someone had to tell "sharingmystupidityandignorancewithmybetters" what's up with her favorite feminazi for POTUS!
#NeverHillary

Quigley   befriend (6)   ignore (2)   Wed, 18 May 2016, 2:10pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike (2)     Share   Quote   Comment 15

This is a natural progression.
1. Make being gay acceptable, give them rights.
2. Let gays get married, some as heteros. Make those who object out to be bigots of the first order.
3. Mandate equal access to marriage materials ceremonies etc, with penalties for those who object.
4. Move on to other sexual deviants: transsexuals. Promote acceptance.
5. Use tranny issue to break down social norms of bathroom use and sex segregated privacy.
6. Add penalties for denying tranny access to any place they want.
7. Bring in the next sexual deviants: pedophiles
8. Make them acceptable.
9. Give them rights and protections.
10. Promote adult-child sexuality.
11. Create penalties for denying access to child areas to pedophiles.
12. Continue until we have Ancient Greece...

Quigley   befriend (6)   ignore (2)   Wed, 18 May 2016, 12:00pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 16

Strategist says

Bernie has no chance of winning. Just look at the odds.

Donald Trump had no chance of winning six months ago. Now he is at even odds of being our next POTUS.

Quigley   befriend (6)   ignore (2)   Wed, 18 May 2016, 10:04am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 17

Captain Cook would jump for joy.

Also fuck those polar bears. Assholes, all of them!

Quigley   befriend (6)   ignore (2)   Tue, 17 May 2016, 7:26am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 18

So collect the homeless and turn them into farm hands? Sounds workabke

Quigley   befriend (6)   ignore (2)   Mon, 16 May 2016, 8:03pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 19

Leave it to ghetto black folk to be so dumb they'll vote for a white cracker from Arkansas who believes her white privilege should guarantee her the White House!

Quigley   befriend (6)   ignore (2)   Mon, 16 May 2016, 6:10pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 20

Dan8267 says

It's so much easier to attack straw men like Triggly Puff on the left and the Bathroom Birthers on the right.

Last I checked Trigglypuff was neither a man nor made of straw, and anyone who wants to give birth in a bathroom should have that right!
Sheesh!

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about   source code  

#housing   #investing   #politics   #economics   #humor  
please recommend patrick.net to your friends