Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 16 Dec 2014 in Sorry, Putin. Russias economy is doomed, Quigley said:

This currency value is being blatantly manipulated. Russia is a good credit risk, has a budget surplus, and an emerging economy. If not for the USA oligarch's vendetta against it for the Ukraine disaster, it would be fine. It's like our masters are deliberately trying to provoke Russia.
    I really do think they want another Cold War. Russia and the US should be allies, and could be if the US wasn't so addicted to starting wars and manipulating currency.

• On 16 Dec 2014 in White SC Cop Who Shot Unarmed Black Man Charged With Murder, Quigley said:

Interesting, and if true the NYPD has some serious explaining and reforming to do. Doesn't change the fact that they didn't kill Garner. He died of a heart attack. Charge them with the crimes they actually committed against the man!

• On 16 Dec 2014 in Falling gas prices = $1,100 average household savings, Quigley said:

Obviously this is money that should be going to fund government activities. If only the gas tax were higher! The peons don't need money as much as government does!

• On 16 Dec 2014 in Islam, Quigley said:

Dan8267 says

Quigley says

Mankind can comprehend God as much as an ant can understand a computer.

That's a cop out that assumes your idea of god even exists. And it's not a humble position either.

It takes humility to imagine a being greater than yourself. And pride to imagine there is not.

• On 16 Dec 2014 in Islam, Quigley said:

All religion is prideful posturing. Mankind can comprehend God as much as an ant can understand a computer. Each religion, each sect, each theology is just one windbag or another braying loudly about something which they DO NOT KNOW. Whether their reasons are pride, power, or simple well-intentioned desire to help, religious leaders are always wrong in at least some aspect of their dogma. They have to be. Any God so simple that one of these men could understand Him isn't worth worshipping.

For all that, I believe God is real and we each carry a piece of the divine. I believe that certain actions are evil, and I believe that the very free will that is conferred upon us ensures that the world will be one screwed up place. People who have free will can choose to do evil - deliberate harm against each other.
    Natural forces, no matter how destructive, are not evil. They are just the rules of life on this planet, and people are wise to observe and obey them.

• On 14 Dec 2014 in The best way to improve the world is to improve yourself., Quigley said:

Ceffer says

I used to be merely boring and beneath notice.

Now that I have improved myself, I am obnoxious, pedantic and superciliously snotty.

Nominated for the most pithy and on-point rebuttal of any thread so far! Cheers!

• On 13 Dec 2014 in Paying Down The Debt Is Now Almost Mathematically Impossible, Quigley said:

We hve a currency based on debt. Therefore debt is good, as it raises total money supply. Or so goes the theory, anyway.
    Defaulting on debt will never happen unless they want the dollar to crash in value. Currency value is mostly based on a nations ability and willingness to pay its debts.

• On 13 Dec 2014 in What Realtor lies can you cook up to sell these gems?, Quigley said:

Eco-friendly residence, reminiscent of a hobbit home! Welcome back to Middle Earth with this roomy fixer-upper with potential value far beyond first appearances! Comes with a surplus of gardening mulch for maximum beautification! Don't miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to own the most dynamic piece of property on the West Coast!

• On 12 Dec 2014 in Heres what could derail cheaper gas at the pump, Quigley said:

Peter P says

New Renter says

As if the "toll" of wasting your life in traffic wasn't enough? All you're doing is penalizing the worker.

They can demand more wages. If they have no pricing power, their work has no value anyway.

I support the idea of working from home.

We should move towards self-driving cars and trucks.

All your ideas on this are extremely self centered. To summarize all your posts on this thread: "I rock and you should be like me or pay."

• On 12 Dec 2014 in Saturated Fat Does Not Cause Heart Disease, Quigley said:

Blood chemistry stays between 7.50 and 7.55 pH. If it grows more acidic, you feel short of breath because the mechanism that induces breathing is based on CO2 concentration, which is acidic. Other than holding your breath, there's very little you can (or should) do to affect your blood pH. Stomach acid is about 2.0, and needs to be for proper food digestion. This is also self regulating. Any program or device that attempts to sell you on changing your food or drink pH is just a scam.

• On 12 Dec 2014 in Saturated Fat Does Not Cause Heart Disease, Quigley said:

My wife says that vegetable oils cause inflammation of the vascular system, which can lead to scarring and plaque build up. She's got a couple
    Masters degrees in nutrition and public health so I think she's right. She stopped advocating the low fat diet a number of years ago, citing that it was better to avoid vegetable oils like canola and eat foods high in omega 3 like fish and grass fed beef. Real butter, much maligned, is good for us, while margarine is pure poison. The AHA and AMA have been leading Americans into early graves from heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.

• On 11 Dec 2014 in 21-Year-Old Sues Parents to Pay College Tuition -- And Wins!, Quigley said:

Call it Crazy says

Quigley says

I had to pay my own way through college an ended up with a lot of debt tha limited my options and took a while to pay back. I hope my kids will be more fortunate.

Send them to community college the first two years. 1) It's less costly and they can take all the basic courses. 2) You'll find out if they are "serious" about getting an education and you'll spend less money "finding out", since almost half drop out, compared to the bigger bucks of a 4 year school.

I may do that if the first option doesn't pan out. Or at least a state school. My kids are all really smart, though, so I'll probably have to get them through at least a bachelors, if not med school or graduate school.

• On 11 Dec 2014 in Eloquent, Quigley said:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BQgNrnWZVSI

More eloquent. I really like this guy, Prince Ea. I've watched a number of his videos and really feel like he understands the situation of our nation and culture and lives. A young MLK Jr.

• On 11 Dec 2014 in Eloquent, Quigley said:

Best quote:
    "If Mike Brown was in yo' neighborhood he woulda' fucked one of ya'all n***ers up, and you woulda' gone and shot him!"

• On 11 Dec 2014 in Jesse Jackson's Newest Staff Member, Quigley said:

Just another brother with a long history of the white man keeping him down.
    Testify!

• On 11 Dec 2014 in Team America!!!, Quigley said:

Now if they can figure out how to mount these on sharks . . .

• On 11 Dec 2014 in 21-Year-Old Sues Parents to Pay College Tuition -- And Wins!, Quigley said:

I hope to pay for all three of my kids to attend college. Or arrange it another way. Currently my best idea is this: send the wife for her PhD since she's teaching college anyway, and then have her get a good professor job at a decent school. Then my kids can go there for free! It's a lot of things to hold together, but I believe the plan is solid. With the way tuitions are rising, paying for three kids through uni is going to be impossible otherwise.

I had to pay my own way through college an ended up with a lot of debt tha limited my options and took a while to pay back. I hope my kids will be more fortunate.

• On 11 Dec 2014 in Democrats revolt against Wall Street budget bill, Quigley said:

Republican: hey, I know this bill is pretty important to the nation, so can I tack on a rider that gives the financial crimes industry a free pass to rape America?

Democrat: if you increase funding for my favorite government agency! My friends need jobs.

Republican: why, C'oitenly! Nyuk nyuk!

• On 11 Dec 2014 in Heres what could derail cheaper gas at the pump, Quigley said:

Big news: politicians want more money to play with and are willing to tax the little guys hardest. Maybe if they didn't constantly raid the transportation fund, they'd have enough money!

• On 10 Dec 2014 in CIA Torture Reports: Frozen to Death; Rectal Rehydration, Broken Limbs, Quigley said:

This isn't an eye for an eye, it's an asshole for an asshole!

• On 10 Dec 2014 in Millennials can afford to become homeowners just not where many of them live, Quigley said:

Kansas City isn't a bad place to live. I've been there a few times and it's got some culture and things to do, as well as really reasonable house prices and a decent jobs market.

• On 10 Dec 2014 in $2 gas is the worst thing to happen to America, Quigley said:

Gas will be expensive again. I think people know this, after a decade and a half of radical price fluctuation. I doubt the green energy thing will drop off a cliff.
    Your idea of a radical gas tax has some merit, if the jet kerosene prices are untouched. Making it too hard to fly is bad, and there are no "green" alternatives for efficient transportation over large distances.
    High gas prices hurt little people the most, though, which kills the economy, as most of us are little people, and we make up most of the economy.
    The only real good thing might be if the green energy actually was allowed to make major breakthroughs, which weaned us off Mideast oil and we could finally stop having wars over there. Let those people alone to praise Allah and blow each other up as they like. We don't need to be a part of it.
    Green energy is the future, but any radical tech breakthrough will be savagely suppressed as "dangerous to the economy", read (dangerous to the oligarchs). Cold fusion? Probably already has existed for a decade, but is being suppressed. It will likely be invented ten times before it becomes available to the public, just because of how destabilizing it would be.

• On 9 Dec 2014 in Online students give instructors higher marks if they think instructors are men, Quigley said:

This "study" was totally unscientific, with a ridiculously small sample size. It's about as informative as a random Facebook status update.
    Enough said.

• On 9 Dec 2014 in Libertarian Ron Paul accuses Congress of Declaring War on Russia, Quigley said:

Dan8267 says

darlag says

Libertarian Ron Paul accuses Congress of Declaring War on Russia

That's ridiculous. The U.S. doesn't declare war.

That *is* so last century.

• On 9 Dec 2014 in White SC Cop Who Shot Unarmed Black Man Charged With Murder, Quigley said:

If you are that behind on the details, you need to get educated before coming back here to post. You got some reading to do.
    Seriously, pulling an Iwog and asking for reams of data to justify a position with which you don't agree is so five years ago. Do your own homework. Only informed people get taken seriously here.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 901 milliseconds to create.