Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 1 Oct 2014 in Ebola out of control, Quigley said:

So will Ebola be the new "anchor disease?" Immigrants rush over from Africa to squat and drop a fat squalling case of hemorrhagic fever?

• On 30 Sep 2014 in Ebola out of control, Quigley said:

And worse, that airline seat has likely seen a lot of use since then. Ebola can be contracted by contact with things the infected touched, if, say, the person eats an in-flight meal or drinks a Coke with contaminated digits.

• On 30 Sep 2014 in Schoolgirls Aged 14-16 Leave France, UK, Germany for Syria to Join ISIS Jihad, Quigley said:

Early reproduction is the most aggregious reason for population growth. The shorter the time between generations, the faster the cycle moves, and the more people who will be alive at one time as a product of sex.
    Imagine a 30 y/o couple having two kids, and those two kids having kids at 30 as well. After 30 years, the total population is 8, with the original couple surviving as grandparents to the four grand kids, who don't get started reproducing until they are also 30. So after 40 years you have 8 people.
    Now go to Africa or the Middle East where women get started at iwog-approved ages like 14, and further, has a lot of kids. This couple has five kids by the time she's 20, they have an average of four kids also at 20, and 14 years later the population again increases for a total of 2+5+20+80=107 people living after 40 years.
    That's why we should strive to reproduce later. Which isn't to say abstain from all sex until 30, just use contraceptives.

• On 30 Sep 2014 in fem-nazis gone wild, Quigley said:

Hey lesbians can "rape" other girls too, or at least, be accused of such. The femidykes should keep that in mind, that their plot to drive men away from young nubile college girls could backfire!

• On 29 Sep 2014 in Zillow crashes California home prices, Quigley said:

I used to wonder what the heck was up with the "zillow" name, and then I found the answer while reading a Dr. Seuss book to my kids.
    "...and a Zillow on your pillow."

• On 29 Sep 2014 in Zillow crashes California home prices, Quigley said:

A year ago our Zestimate seemed way off. Now it seems right on, and that's figuring in recent sales of extremely comparable properties. I have no idea what they are doing, or how it works, but even a broken clock . . .

• On 28 Sep 2014 in Wife Beater Upstairs Lives with Impunity, Quigley said:

You should move.
    That is no way to live.
    If it were me Id go upstairs and beat the shit out of the guy and then make sure he knows I'll come back with a baseball bat the next time I hear a ruckus. But I'm a bit extreme about domestic violence crap, and I'm a big guy. You may not have the same options, or the same inclinations.
    Move.

• On 28 Sep 2014 in Calvinism is Nuts, Quigley said:

Yes, it's the very epitome of Fatalism. Nothing we do matters because whatever we do, we were meant to do that. I prefer the concept of free will, because it takes the onus of evil from God and puts it back on man. We have free will, and this includes the choice to do evil. Thus, man is able to create his own Hell (or Heaven) on earth. Calvinism is just a giant cop-out. If everything is "ordained" to happen, then we bear no responsibility for our actions and can affect nothing in the world. It's a religion for slackers.

• On 27 Sep 2014 in Big Red One will deploy, Quigley said:

After watching "Lone Survivor" I'm just hoping our boys make it through okay, and with lots of hajji kills.
    The jihadis call us "Crusaders"
    And I suppose it's time we lived up to the rep. Why monkey foot around it? We are at war with Islam.

• On 27 Sep 2014 in Ebola out of control, Quigley said:

I've also learned (through experience) that if you feed stray cats you get more stray cats to feed.

• On 26 Sep 2014 in Ebola out of control, Quigley said:

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

• On 26 Sep 2014 in Hydrogen cars green transport closer to reality, Quigley said:

The commercialization of modern supercapacitors will completely revolutionize battery technology, which is all that electric cars have been waiting for. 300 miles on a battery that charges in 3 minutes. Why the hell would you want to muck about with hydrogen if you could have that instead? And the best part: they don't require rare earth minerals or expensive components. Just carbon and silicon, two of the most abundant atoms on the planet.
    Hydrogen everything will be dead in ten years.

• On 26 Sep 2014 in Legal Basis for War in Syria? Amazing Three-Point Logic!, Quigley said:

bob2356 says

There was a good book written by a brit I read but can't remember the title that does a great job documenting how as societies fail the politicians move into perpetual wars to distract the citizenry. Looks like that tipping point has been reached.

Sounds interesting. More info?

• On 26 Sep 2014 in This Really Depressing Graph About the Economy Is Turning Heads, Quigley said:

How sad for America.
    We have become old school Europe where the elite own everything and work the serfs to death.
    That was the reason so many Europeans immigrated here in the first place.
    Now the only immigrants we can attract are from hell holes without functioning governments or economies. And even then, we aren't getting the pick of that litter, just the poor dumb folks who got forced out.

Whee! Monopoly!
    The wealthy like to argue that wealth production is not a zero sum game, and they are correct. However, land ownership IS a zero sum game, and since people have to live on land, the wealthy are able to take a larger bite out of their earnings each year they consolidate their land monopoly.
    So it really is like Monopoly. Once all the properties are bought up, the only option is to rent and slowly go BK.

• On 25 Sep 2014 in So About That Nice, Thin, Sleek iPhone 6..., Quigley said:

My 4s is still fine, but I put chunky cases on it for the past three years. That said, it's been rained on, struck by sparks and flying metal, squeezed, dropped, thrown (thx kids), and generally abused. But it's always been in a case with a hard plastic shell beneath a rubber exterior, so it's fine.

• On 25 Sep 2014 in Documents show GOP governors owned by 1%, Quigley said:

In other news, water is still wet.

• On 25 Sep 2014 in Great news everyone carbon green house gasses have been solved., Quigley said:

That damn plastic polluter is robbing trees of the carbon they need to grow!

• On 25 Sep 2014 in "Why did you shoot me?", Quigley said:

The cop was just trying to get past the "struggle" part and straight to the "cuddle."

• On 25 Sep 2014 in Rudeness is a form of theft, Quigley said:

I liked that article. Amy Alkon has improved in the years since I've read her work.

• On 25 Sep 2014 in Be offended and outraged, Quigley said:

Dan8267 says

Store Pulls 'It's Not Rape It's a Snuggle With a Struggle' T-Shirt (But You Can Still Buy It Online)

... if you want to make sure there is no chance you'll get laid.

You'd stand a better chance getting a girl while wearing full Klingon warrior battledress.

You may not get a girl as a Klingon, but you could bed a virgin or six.

• On 25 Sep 2014 in Be offended and outraged, Quigley said:

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says

You just know that REALTORS wear these T-shirts underneath their business suits.

And also cops?

• On 24 Sep 2014 in 95 reasons, Quigley said:

The reason union membership has been on the decline is:
    1)outsourcing of labor to low wage countries
    2)corporate greed
    3)corporations account for more than 100 of the top political contributors to either party. They've bought and paid for our government and get the laws they want as a result.
    4)constant media propaganda against organized labor

Even a poorly run union at least allows its members to contribute to the local economy, raising all boats and creating business opportunity. A few rich board members intent on rewarding themselves and stockholders is a tried and true recipe for creating American ghost towns. Killing towns is un-American. So, in conclusion, you have to ask yourself: Why do you hate America?

• On 24 Sep 2014 in Patrick.net Anti-Hillary Coalition of the Unwilling to see her be President, Quigley said:

I can't find the article I'm remembering. Sorry :/
    It wasn't very far back, a year or two at most. I read a lot of news ...

• On 24 Sep 2014 in 95 reasons, Quigley said:

Strategist says

Quigley says

Oh yes, unions are true terrorists. They encourage employees to fight for a living wage for God's sake! Real Americans would accept the pittance offered by the holy employer and file for section 8 housing, food stamps and free gub'mint healthcare! That's how true patriots do it!

Sorry Quigley, there is a reason why union membership has been on the decline. Wealth has to be produced before it can be claimed in the form of higher wages. Real wages are determined by your productivity regardless of what you may think living wages should be.

I think what you mean to say is that enough wealth must be earned to pay the CEO 100x a worker's salary with stock options and bonuses of course, and then lavishly reward a board and management. If there's any left over, the actual wealth producers (employees) get a spot at the end of the line.
    Unions just provide some balance. Putting all the power with the company is like putting only two legs on a table. It's bound to topple over.

• On 24 Sep 2014 in Watch sports on DVR - stick it to the man!, Quigley said:

People watch commercials when they watch sports because the commercials are far more entertaining, and the sports give them a chance to mosey to the fridge for more beer.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 189 milliseconds to create.