Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 22 Apr 2014 in Home Sales Drop Again- Got Housing Recovery?, Quigley said:

bubblesitter says

smaulgld says

It would be better for the health of the economy is prices were lower and more homes were being sold

Now, that would mean huge losses for WS, banks and government. Why would they allow lower prices?

All of which are NOT the economy, and in fact often contribute to creating poor economic conditions rather than favorable ones.

• On 22 Apr 2014 in NY taxi driver avoided paying ~$28K in tolls by tailgating other drivers, Quigley said:

Does that seem like a lot of money to pay for driving over a bridge? Is the NY metro operated by trolls? Good luck getting a jury to convict the guy.
    I can't imagine that the insane rates are popular with anyone outside of government. Then again, New Yorkers are known for being incredibly self centered, the moneyed crowd would be like "raise em and keep the rabble out!"

• On 21 Apr 2014 in Why Are You Charging On Credit Cards Again?, Quigley said:

Here's a true scenario:
    Joe has $5,000. He puts it in Bank.
    Bank offers Joe a Bank credit card with a $5,000 credit limit.
    Joe uses the Bank credit card, and gets charged 21% interest to use the money he put into Bank.
    What Joe does from here determines if he is an idiot or not.

• On 20 Apr 2014 in Mr Hanky's new gig., Quigley said:

This is what happens when your leaders declare infrastructure to be "not that important."
    The ad campaign won't help. What would help would be installation of modern sewers and public access toilets.

• On 19 Apr 2014 in Corrupted Capitalism and the Housing Crisis, Quigley said:

smaulgld says

Capitalism puts the consumer in charge- it is the ultimate form of democracy

Don't like a product don't buy it. Like it buy it.

The only poorly run companies that provide bad products are government sponsored. In a free market they would be driven out

This works right up to the point where the production of corporations move overseas where the value of their labor is gained by outside markets and the profit is shared only between a very small minority. It's ok for the minority to profit, but when production moves outside the target market, said market will always be buying the product at a loss, no matter what price they pay for it. It's a fundamental rule of economics that consumers must have money to be consumers. When you take away their jobs, you remove their ability to consume, and thus cut down the tree of the economy at its root.

• On 19 Apr 2014 in #1 Cause of Death,, Quigley said:

The problem with being in charge is this: you can't afford to be seen doing blatantly evil acts. Even the Nazis had to hide their genocidal activities from the general public. If it becomes apparent to the people that their government is evil or run by evil men with an evil agenda, revolution comes. Thus, the smart dictator doesn't allow himself to be forced into blatant acts of violence and oppression, but hides behind lawyers who sanitize his actions and provide justifications that any idiot can understand and faithfully spout to their neighbor if he gets a little upset over what shit just went down.
    Modern Machiavelli isn't hard to understand, but you do need to be aware of the game or you fall into the role of puppet or pawn.

• On 18 Apr 2014 in need advice from you awesome PatNetters, Quigley said:

I've said it before, but check out Visa stock, 50% up year over year over year. And the Asian countries are going in for cards now big time. Huge expansion!
    You can make a bundle on single stocks if you choose wisely. Or you can lose your ass. I've done both. But I've mostly won. A lot. My strategy: choose stocks in companies that are rising stars, upcoming technologies or trending uses. Above all, pick companies that are ethically serving the populace with good product/service. Pick companies that have stuff you buy and are happy with.

• On 18 Apr 2014 in Is it time for the bears?, Quigley said:

I've had some good luck with Capstone, a micro turbine manufacturing company. It's definitely on the rise with orders pouring in and international acclaim rising for its energy efficient electricity generating products. I got in at $1.25 and it's up to $2.15. I'm staying in because I believe in the company.
    For a less volatile stock that has 50% year over year gain for the last two years, try Visa.

• On 18 Apr 2014 in Tell me anything that you hate about Republicans the most., Quigley said:

Vicente says

Quigley says

We have completely lost control of our government.

Yes because clearly we are standing in lines for bread, being herded up for concentration camps, and beaten with hoses for say Obama is not our Exalted Leader. Truly this is just like Soviet Russia!

Claiming both sides are corrupted and all government is bad, is just a page the GOTP fringes ripped from Glibertopainism.

Just because they've stolen away control doesn't mean they want to make that fact obvious! That wouldn't be nearly Machiavellian enough to hold on to power. If they made it so obvious that EVERY dipshit in America could clearly see it, they'd lose power again.
    On an aside, I'm glad you're not in charge Vicente, if those are the first things you could think of doing to the people.

• On 17 Apr 2014 in Tell me anything that you hate about Republicans the most., Quigley said:

Arguing over which party is best is like arguing about which slaver beats you less. They clearly both suck, are clearly both owned by the wealthy, and neither represent the people in any sense.

There's one problem with America. We have completely lost control of our government.

• On 16 Apr 2014 in Heroes for Freedom Eager to Use Women as Human Shields in Bundypalooza Shootouts, Quigley said:

New Renter says

Jimbo in SF says

Quigley says

guns in the hands of citizens can check federal power and overreach

One thing about America, the Govt. has to think twice before firing on it's own citizens.

Ask the protesters in Kiev, Ukraine how they feel about Govt. snipers firing on them.

And a yahoo with a pistol and assault rifle is going to do what exactly against a trained sniper team?

Chances are the yahoo will be a headless pink cloud before he can disengage the safety.

Way to entirely miss the point! It's not whether they win or lose that particular skirmish. It's that the government firing on its citizens would inspire armed revolution.
    Obama backed down from that precipice because if he had ordered the Feds to start shooting, he'd be impeached as a start, and probably lynched later on. Do you possibly think the government can govern with any significant fraction of the population in armed revolt? It wouldn't be as nice a separation as North and South, either.

• On 16 Apr 2014 in Heroes for Freedom Eager to Use Women as Human Shields in Bundypalooza Shootouts, Quigley said:

There are only two ways that any government has managed to successfully govern a population:
    1) with consent of the populace
    2) with fear

Most governments use both strategies, but second strategy is limited in the USA by the Second Ammendment. Push too hard, commit obvious injustice and enforce it with jack booted thugs, and an armed populace pushes back.

However, if we were more like the workers' paradise of North Korea, the government would be able to use strategy #2 to invoke strategy #1!

My personal suspicion is that Obama has been sending his homie Dennis Rodman to North Korea on political research missions.

• On 16 Apr 2014 in Electronic bracelets for gun owners???, Quigley said:

I'm against whatever Eric holder is for. The man is a snake.

I believe this incident demonstrates very nicely the point that guns in the hands of citizens can check federal power and overreach. Dan's been arguing against the validity of this argument for years, but the fact of the matter is plain: if the government wants to get into a shooting war with its own citizens, it will lose even if it wins. Case in point.
    Pwned by current events!

• On 16 Apr 2014 in Property taxes going up in CA, Quigley said:

Let's just increase the inequality. Sounds fabulous! Fckers!

• On 16 Apr 2014 in Is this Romney's 47%?, Quigley said:

Vulture capitalists like Mitt Romney enjoy complaining about the 47% who depend on the government, but TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY for creating a good portion of those jobless people by their offshoring activities! Only 20% of the population is of an intelligence that can get high tech or high education jobs. The rest need lower level jobs, and manufacturing provided that. Until Mittens and his ilk sent all those jobs away. Now they have to provide for the welfare cases THEY created, but don't want to actually use their money. So they write tax code that takes from the workers (middle class) to give to the poor and also to their own corporations. And then they scheme to lower their own taxes from
    15% to 11% like the Mittster.

• On 14 Apr 2014 in "Cosmos" irritates the God-botherers, Quigley said:

CaptainShuddup says

Dan8267 says

The point is to convince everyone else that the unicorn believer is an idiot who deserves no respect.

Then you've already lost every argument you put forth.

Respected scientists believed the gorilla to be a mythical creature until someone dropped a dead one on their dissecting table. The same all-knowing sages believed that the platypus was a clever fake, even when they had one to dissect.
    Scientists of today commonly scoff at UFO sightings because they don't believe in intelligent alien life.
    Until that day when an alien ship lands.

What will we know tomorrow that was impossible today? What cherished assumptions will be tossed aside like yesterday's trash? What shrill and condescending promoters of these trashed ideas who call all other voices "idiots" will be proven the useless blowhards that they are?

• On 13 Apr 2014 in Just ask a melinial they'll know..., Quigley said:

The problem, Captain, is that the higher paying jobs are in scarce supply now that your GOP (and Democrat) darlings outsourced America. High paying jobs, and lucrative business environment are predicated on an economy that actually produces something. When that ceases to be the case, and the wealth from productive enterprises is streamlined into the pockets of a very few, the economy goes quickly downhill. Maybe a smart guy can still find a high paying niche, but the majority of folks are going to be working low wage jobs or on the dole. Either way, this is very bad for smart guys like us since our taxes have to be raised and raised to pay for their upkeep. And that's NEVER going to change because the wealthy elite don't want the underclasses rioting. So they'll give them welfare and free housing and food stamps and an Obama phone and whatever else it takes to keep their asses at home glued to the propaganda stream from the boob tube.

• On 12 Apr 2014 in "Cosmos" irritates the God-botherers, Quigley said:

Counter argument:
    http://www.salon.com/2012/04/21/near_death_explained/

• On 11 Apr 2014 in Jesus is bigger than Budah in China now, Quigley said:

That's a low number. Most Chinese Christians are members of "house churches" which are not government sanctioned, and this illegal and subject to prosecution/persecution. In spite of this, they've flourished precisely because they aren't overseen by government regulators. I don't have current numbers, but nine years ago they numbered nearly 100,000,000.

• On 11 Apr 2014 in "Cosmos" irritates the God-botherers, Quigley said:

Heraclitusstudent says

Quigley says

Science has lost the moral high ground

Morality has nothing to do with science. The high ground of science was never based on morality.

Enhance your reading comprehension and perhaps I'll begin taking you seriously.

• On 11 Apr 2014 in "Cosmos" irritates the God-botherers, Quigley said:

Science started with a superior stance to religion, based on the idea that scientists did NOT know it all and were searching for verifiable answers in an infinite universe of possible facts. As science has entered open combat with religion, it's had to take hard stances on issues for which it has no definitive proof. It's become more dogmatic than say, the Catholic Church when it comes to it's unquestioned belief system and excommunication of those who dare to offer alternative theories. Any wavering on core beliefs, however, is seen to give comfort to the deistic enemy, or worse, the proponents of Intelligent Design.
    Science has lost the moral high ground, precisely when it resorted to shouting down detractors and enshrining dogmas that have not yet been proven correct and may be proven false! I love the idea of science. The meticulous building of fact upon fact, hypothesis, theory, and experiment is what has enabled our society to make unbelievably astounding breakthroughs. But when the papal congregation of "peers" decide to ignore the very process by which the order is named, they become just another rabble of clerics arguing about how many neutrons can spin in a Planck distance.

• On 11 Apr 2014 in Horror at Work Today, Quigley said:

Zzyzzx said,
    "As a restaurant manager, caught a dishwasher making sweet love to a raw chicken breast in the bathroom. It was so awkward that I wish I hadn’t even caught him."

So THAT'S how they make Chicken Kiev!

• On 11 Apr 2014 in America in rapid decline, Quigley said:

When I emailed my bank about a problem with my account, they didn't give me any money. However, this Nigerian banker sent me emails offering me millions in exchange for some simple financial aid. Conclusion: Nigerian bankers are more trustworthy than American bankers.

Strategist says

Call it Crazy says

Strategist says

The whole world is lining up to immigrate to this country. They will do anything to get in here, including risking their lives.

Why do you think that is?

Because they want to move to California and buy an over-priced house???

Around 1999 the first house I purchased back in the 1980's was worth roughly $250,000. Today it is well over $600,000.

In 1999 my aunt in the mid west, built a custom home on a golf course, 7,000 sq ft.for roughly $450,000. Today she wants to sell it, but can't even get $350,000.

Which house was overpriced?

Conclusion: California has the cheapest houses in the country.

• On 11 Apr 2014 in America in rapid decline, Quigley said:

Ten years ago other first world people I met overseas were very unimpressed if I admitted being an American. However, if I instead gave them my home state of Alaska they were very impressed and interested. So apparently the state was vastly more popular on a global basis than the nation. I found this puzzling, but used it anyway. I was an Alaskan the rest of the time.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 5311 milliseconds to create.