comments by zzyzzx

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (6)   Tue, 28 Jun 2016, 4:44pm PDT   Like   Dislike (2)     Share   Quote   Comment 1

Bill Clinton was a moron for signing NAFTA. Ross Perot was right. Trump will make America great again!!!

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (6)   Tue, 28 Jun 2016, 4:30pm PDT   Like (2)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 2

jvolstad says

He can get a nice apartment in the peninsula area, near Bart, for around $1800 or so.

I don't know. This video implies that rents in San Francisco are much higher than that:

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (6)   Tue, 28 Jun 2016, 4:28pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 3

Rew says

I always hear this, and wonder what people are doing to/on their furniture?

I'm guessing that it's their kids that are ruining the cheap furniture that they bought.

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (6)   Tue, 28 Jun 2016, 4:27pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 4

Quigley says

When I first moved to California some new friends suggested I look into some low cost furniture at Ikea. I was amazed at the affordable prices, and bought four pieces including a dresser, an end table, a couch, and a coffee table.

What a mistake.

I had tossed out every piece within three years, except the couch which was leather and I managed to sell on Craigslist to a guy for about a quarter the price I paid for it. The wood stuff went into the dumpster after I broke it to pieces in rage about its poor quality. Never IKEA, never again, I swore. The prices were cheap but I might as well have invested in cardboard boxes for my clothes. They would have lasted about as long, and cost less money.

Don't buy IKEA stuff unless you're itching to completely waste money. You may as well burn your cash. It's absolute shit!

All the items I buy from Ikea are unfinished furniture grade pine, which I then stain and put several coats of high gloss polyurethane on. They look great and will easily outlast me.

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (6)   Tue, 28 Jun 2016, 2:28pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 5

I don't understand why the fuck anyone would actually want to live there in the first place. And yes I know where I live (Baltimore City) sucks, but at least I'm paying very little to live there.

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (6)   Tue, 28 Jun 2016, 2:25pm PDT   Like (5)   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 6

Rew says

See how this whole background check thing works?

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (6)   Tue, 28 Jun 2016, 2:24pm PDT   Like (3)   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 7

Obligatory:

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (6)   Tue, 28 Jun 2016, 10:40am PDT   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 8

This should be reason enough for everyone here to vote for Trump:
http://www.patrick.net/Democrats+want+to+make+free+speech+a+crime

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (6)   Tue, 28 Jun 2016, 10:26am PDT   Like (2)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 9

curious2 says

If you're child-proofing, use a really strong material. If you're earthquake-proofing, the lateral forces are ironically less than climbing kids can exert, so you have more flexibility. You should definitely secure anything really tall somehow though, if you live in an earthquake zone.

All true, but you should secure it even if you don't live in an earthquake zone either.

This is what happens when you don'e secure top heavy stuff:

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (6)   Tue, 28 Jun 2016, 10:16am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 10

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/06/28/exploding-uk-immigration-helped-drive-brexit-vote/86424670/

Exploding UK immigration helped drive 'Brexit' vote

Annual legal immigration into the U.K. is now 10 times what it was in 1993, and experts believe this cultural dynamic fed fears of globalization and job losses which, in turn, drove last Thursday's vote to exit the EU.

Opponents of a British exit — "Brexit" — from the 28-nation EU argue that these new residents often take more menial jobs rejected by the British-born (that'a another lie told by the BBC).

The migration influx has been so dramatic in recent years that currently one in 20 people living in the U.K. — 3 million people — were citizens of another EU country just two years ago, according to the British Office of National Statistics.

Before 2004, when the EU expanded to include 10 new member states such as Latvia, Poland and other eastern European nations, net EU immigration to the U.K. averaged around 10,000 per year, according to the national statistics office.

When that expansion occurred, the U.K., Ireland and Sweden allowed EU nationals to immigrate immediately under the bloc's freedom of labor laws. The move unleashed vast numbers relocating to Britain.

Last year, 270,000 citizens from EU countries immigrated to the U.K., the statistics office estimates. About 85,000 Britons left the island for other EU countries. The net migration to the U.K. of 185,000 was a record, according to Full Fact, an independent fact-checking organization..

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (6)   Tue, 28 Jun 2016, 10:03am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 11

Strategist says

They will be sorry.

Really, why? Seems to be that the UK had way more immigrant workers than Expats working in other countries.

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (6)   Tue, 28 Jun 2016, 10:02am PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 12

Just say NO to particleboard furniture. Anyway, article fails to mention dimensions of furniture being recalled, and I am guessing that it's something that does not have a lot of depth.

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (6)   Tue, 28 Jun 2016, 6:45am PDT   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 13

marcus says

I live in an urban area where a person is going to be more unlikely and more embarrassed to admit they are a supporter of Trump than they would be embarrassed about being a Hillary supporter.

Corrected:
I live in an urban area where a person is going to be more unlikely to admit they are a supporter of Trump due to violent, intolerant, liberal thugs.

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (6)   Mon, 27 Jun 2016, 8:22pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike (2)     Share   Quote   Comment 14

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (6)   Mon, 27 Jun 2016, 8:10pm PDT   Like (2)   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 15

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (6)   Mon, 27 Jun 2016, 8:08pm PDT   Like (2)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 16

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (6)   Mon, 27 Jun 2016, 8:06pm PDT   Like (3)   Dislike (4)     Share   Quote   Comment 17

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (6)   Mon, 27 Jun 2016, 8:05pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 18

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (6)   Mon, 27 Jun 2016, 8:01pm PDT   Like (2)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 19

Isn't Britain voting to leave the EU roughly the equivalent of CA going for Trump in the general election?

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (6)   Mon, 27 Jun 2016, 8:00pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 20

Quigley says

Things are changing. You elites are out. The people have spoken and will speak again. There's no way we real Americans will ever support a murderous Clinton dynasty. Go fuck yourselves.

It's been how many days since Hillary has been responsible for someone death? That shut seems to happen about as often as terrorist attacks.

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about   source code  

#housing   #investing   #politics   #economics   #humor  
please recommend patrick.net to your friends