comments by zzyzzx

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (7)   Tue, 9 Feb 2016, 7:14am PST   Share   Quote   Like (3)   Dislike     Comment 1

Obligatory:

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (7)   Mon, 8 Feb 2016, 6:42pm PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 2

How does this increase the costs when the private employers won't be burdened with bloated union pay and benefits?

Also, you state that this in only to be done in emergency type situations (like a Detroit situation) and it really up to local authorities, not the state government, which doesn't own water facilities. In other words, your thread title is misleading.

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (7)   Mon, 8 Feb 2016, 8:26am PST   Share   Quote   Like (4)   Dislike     Comment 3

SubOink says

But what puzzles me is that whenever I talk to my die hard republican friends that they are so negative and deny an obvious recovery of the last 7 years...

It's because wages are flat, and the % of population actually working is still painfully low. That and Obama still wants to make more free trade agreements to keep Americans from getting jobs.

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (7)   Sun, 7 Feb 2016, 7:17am PST   Share   Quote   Like (5)   Dislike     Comment 4

Even in Europe, they know that Trump is right!

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (7)   Sat, 6 Feb 2016, 2:33pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 5

What will be interesting to see primary results once we get to some open primary states.

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (7)   Sat, 6 Feb 2016, 2:32pm PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 6

It's all Obama's fault!!!

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (7)   Sat, 6 Feb 2016, 10:47am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 7

iwog says

He's going to lose in California and New York by 25% regardless of what he does.

I would expect Trump to do better than that in NY, meaning substantially better then Romney or McCain.

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (7)   Sat, 6 Feb 2016, 10:39am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 8

Tenpoundbass says

Unless someone Like Trump gets in there and puts a stop to Corporations dictating regulation that benefits them while entraping their customers, and kills off all competition.

Then you can bet you last 5 for a dollar coupon, that eventually digital antena's will eventually adopt a fee for service model.

I know that could happen, since it's been proposed before. But between now and then I will still use an antenna. After that, I will most likely just listen to the radio for free and not watch TV.

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (7)   Sat, 6 Feb 2016, 9:10am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 9

Just ditch cable and get a good antenna. Connect the antenna to a DVR (like a Magnavox bought at Walmart.com). That's all you need. I can record more TV than I can watch with just an antenna. in so far as my home ISP, I just use my phone for that.

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (7)   Fri, 5 Feb 2016, 12:10pm PST   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 10

Is cheap oil a bad thing?

No. Duh.

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (7)   Fri, 5 Feb 2016, 11:48am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 11

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (7)   Fri, 5 Feb 2016, 11:27am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 12

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (7)   Fri, 5 Feb 2016, 11:09am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 13

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (7)   Fri, 5 Feb 2016, 10:59am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 14

Obligatory:

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (7)   Fri, 5 Feb 2016, 7:50am PST   Share   Quote   Like (3)   Dislike     Comment 15

MMR says

Trump is the only guy with a chance to carry NJ

I agree, but if Trump carries his home state of NY, and most likely will win FL, you can go to bed early on election night knowing that we will have a president Trump.

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (7)   Fri, 5 Feb 2016, 7:49am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 16

MMR says

A vote for a republican from New Jersey is a wasted vote. I would say that is true from Maine to Maryland,

Not in Maine. Maine give out it's electoral votes based upon it's congressional districts (or something like that). It has the potential to split it's votes.

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (7)   Thu, 4 Feb 2016, 3:20pm PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Comment 17

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (7)   Thu, 4 Feb 2016, 2:41pm PST   Share   Quote   Like (3)   Dislike     Comment 18

Heraclitusstudent says

It's just normal. If you fall for it, then you're stupid. And if you're stupid then you fully deserve to be extorted.

That's your point. Got it.

Exactly! I expect adults to take responsibility for themselves. You think adults should be treated like children,

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (7)   Thu, 4 Feb 2016, 2:37pm PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 19

More importantly, how can I make money off this new invention. It is sure to have a market cap bigger than Google, Apple, and Facebook combined at some point. Time to come up with a catchy ticker symbol!

zzyzzx   befriend (10)   ignore (7)   Thu, 4 Feb 2016, 2:36pm PST   Share   Quote   Like (4)   Dislike     Comment 20

When I saw the thread title, I was expecting this thread to be about Dan.

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about   Debt Is Slavery