comments by Oil Can

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Mon, 9 Dec 2013, 12:38am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 1

Lowered it in Riverside and San Bernardino's Counties too.

2014: $355,350

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Wed, 4 Dec 2013, 11:17pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 2

Banks have become a public nuance. Really charger fees, then "charge" risks to the tax payers.

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Thu, 21 Nov 2013, 12:45am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 3

All depends on mortgage rates.

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Thu, 31 Oct 2013, 6:23am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (8)   Dislike     Comment 4

egads101 says

them and zerohedgehog are just too fucking stupid to believe at this point.

I can tell by your calm demeanor that the meds haven't kicked in yet. Up the dosage.

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Wed, 30 Oct 2013, 7:19am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 5

egads101 says

the entire article is speculation, based on nothing. NOT A SINGLE SOURCED FACT!!!

J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Wells Fargo & Co., Bank of America Corp. and Citigroup Inc., the nation’s largest banks by assets, tapped a total of $4.9 billion in loan-loss reserves in the third quarter, up by about a third from both the second quarter and the year-ago quarter after adjustments. All the banks except Citigroup showed significant increases compared with the second quarter.

Accounting rules allow the money to flow directly into profits. In all, it made up 18% of the banks’ third-quarter pretax income excluding special items, the highest percentage in a year, according to an analysis by The Wall Street Journal.

I guess the WSJ is not a single sourced fact. Maybe use HuffPo?

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Fri, 11 Oct 2013, 12:09am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 6

Crony Capitalism brought to you by both Dems and Republicans

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Thu, 10 Oct 2013, 12:32am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 7

Two to Three trillion a year. That's what is going to happen.

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Thu, 3 Oct 2013, 12:42am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 8

"I have to pull up my boots real high around here"

"Why?"

"Because the Bullshit is getting real thick"

- Richard Pryor

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Thu, 19 Sep 2013, 1:32am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 9

It's going to add volatility an already crazy mix.

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Tue, 10 Sep 2013, 11:51pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 10

I say peak.

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Mon, 26 Aug 2013, 6:46am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (3)   Dislike     Comment 11

nw888 says

I guess someone got tired of your rudeness roberto. karma is a bitch isn't it?

Not justifying the call, in fact it's pretty scum bag. But if Roberto was polite and didn't insult and name call other commentators, would this even had happen? What is the saying, "Don't Sh*t where you eat."

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Mon, 26 Aug 2013, 5:44am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (5)   Dislike (1)     Comment 12

On Roberto's Syllabus

Netiquette
Some of the content you will be dealing with may require difference of opinion. All students should respect other people’s opinions and think about the comments they respond to in the discussion board. I will not tolerate any explicit comments regarding ethnicity, gender, sexual related content, or inappropriate language. Appropriate action
will be taken if students violate other student’s rights.

https://www.scottsdalecc.edu/academics/faculty/roberto-ribas

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Mon, 26 Aug 2013, 12:24am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 13

justme says

Should his writings not be preserved for posterity? How can we learn from history when we erase it.

NSA has them.

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Mon, 26 Aug 2013, 12:23am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 14

Patrick says

He was not banned. He left voluntarily and asked me to delete all his threads and comments, which I did.

I wonder if he was getting too addicted. Hey, it happens.

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Thu, 22 Aug 2013, 12:56am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 15

Go to college on your dime.

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Mon, 19 Aug 2013, 4:35am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 16

zzyzzx says

I don't see that spread on the other categories???

FHA charges up to 150 basis points on fees, I think even higher is some cases. You didn't have those high fees several years ago. FHA was running the chance it would need to be bailed out and increased their fees. They still could be bailed out, since borrowers are now steering clear of FHA, and trying a 5% or 10% Fannie or Freddie, but with much lower fees.

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Mon, 19 Aug 2013, 2:09am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 17

Goran_K says

FHA has forever "PMI" too, right?

Yes, I believe if you put down less than 10% it's term of the loan. Greater than 10% it's 11 years.

Wells Fargo FHA APR is over 6% this morning.

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Mon, 19 Aug 2013, 12:32am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (3)   Dislike     Comment 18

FHA now above 6%. Let's see how long this market can go all cash.

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Thu, 1 Aug 2013, 8:14am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 19

This was central planning at it's worse. How many billions? Was the return? Just stupid.

Oil Can   befriend   ignore   Wed, 24 Jul 2013, 6:50am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 20

robertoaribas says

Do your own freaking research the employment number comes out every month

Average weekly earnings rose 0.3% in March from a year ago, using the data from the consumer prices report to adjust for inflation, according to this morning’s report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. That’s a static growth rate, and it’s one more drag on a working class that hasn’t recovered from the crash of 2008.

The good news in all this: wages overall are up since the recession’s start. The bad news: They’re down from the end of 2008, broadly flat over the past decade, and on an inflation-adjusted basis, wages peaked in 1973, fully 40 years ago. Apart from brief lapses, like in the late 1990s, wages have been falling for a generation.

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2013/04/16/the-best-indicator-of-u-s-health-is-wage-growth-or-lack-thereof/

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about