comments by tatupu70

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Mon, 27 Jun 2016, 2:03pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 1

NuttBoxer says

and you remain in assets that are just paper, and have no real value, since even you land is rented until you pay in full, how long before you go belly up?

You're even dumber than I though if you believe that real estate is a paper asset.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Mon, 27 Jun 2016, 1:35pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 2

Tenpoundbass says

Investors got a little boo hoo hoo did they?

Probably very similar to how the voters who vote for Trump will feel a couple years later...

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Mon, 27 Jun 2016, 1:34pm PDT   Like (2)   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 3

zzyzzx says

saying Exxon and others were committing fraud by disagreeing with the Obama administration.

What a load of crap. Nobody is committing fraud by disagreeing with the Obama administration. They are committing fraud by purposely and clearly lying in order to increase revenues. That's always been a crime.

And let's be clear--there is now and always have been restrictions to free speech. It's a crime to yell "Fire" in a crowded movie theater. It's a crime to tell people you are investing their money in a mutual fund when you are actually using it to furnish a lavish lifestyle. This is not new.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Fri, 24 Jun 2016, 9:31am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 4

Sorry CIC--

Never took you off ignore. Didn't mean to comment on your thread but when I come to pat.net I'm never logged in until I want to comment. Didn't notice it was your thread or I wouldn't have read or commented.

Must be a glitch that if I sign in after I've opened a thread of someone on ignore, I can comment in that thread.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Fri, 24 Jun 2016, 9:02am PDT   Like   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 5

indigenous says

Bullshit, it is bipartisan. It is not about free trade it is about monopoly.

If you mean there are some middle of the road Dems that support free trade--sure, you are correct. But liberals are absolutely against it. Again--look at the actual NAFTA vote in Congress and get back with me.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Fri, 24 Jun 2016, 8:48am PDT   Like   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 6

zzyzzx says

Bill could have, and should have vetoed it, and that would have been the end of it. It may cost Hillary the election.

Bill should have vetoed it. But it doesn't change the fact that free trade is a conservative ideal.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Fri, 24 Jun 2016, 8:31am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 7

Tenpoundbass says

just love you how pathetic ass munches love to distort the facts after the fact.

The EU press has been saying for the last month that the EU was going to Stay.

And press does not equal polling data. Try to keep up.

Tenpoundbass says

You're as funny as Iwog, claiming every Poll said Trump was going to win every Primary.

I know it really hurts the typical "woe is me" Trump voter's emotion, but Trump was favored in almost every primary. In the real world, he generally underperformed polling data up til the end of the primaries.

Pundits and polling data are two very different things.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Fri, 24 Jun 2016, 7:48am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 8

zzyzzx says

Oh wait. You have a meme? Well, that ends that discussion.

Nevermind that Dems voted against NAFTA and Reps voted for it in Congress. If you have a crazy picture of Hillary, then it's settled.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Fri, 24 Jun 2016, 6:52am PDT   Like   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 9

zzyzzx says

This is what the liberals really need this morning:

Hate to break it to you, but free trade is a conservative idea-not a liberal one.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Fri, 24 Jun 2016, 6:44am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 10

Polling actually showed leave slightly ahead for most of June

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Fri, 24 Jun 2016, 6:40am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 11

zzyzzx says

That's a prediction market. Not a poll.

The predication markets clearly didn't believe the polling data.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Fri, 24 Jun 2016, 5:12am PDT   Like   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 12

zzyzzx says

How were those Brexit polls and Trump Primary polls working out for you?

Pretty good actually. Polling showed Brexit as a toss-up. And Trump underperformed his polling numbers up til the very end.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 23 Jun 2016, 1:55pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 13

Quigley says

No, you were saying it was because he was gay and also ashamed of it. By stating that, you abrogated the fault of Islam for brainwashing him into believing that:

wtf is wrong with you? My points were/are very clear. I'm not going to keep repeating them to you as you clearly do not want to understand.

Quigley says

So Islam took what could have been a normal happy-go-getting-lucky-under-a-rainbow gay man and turned him into a murderous lunatic. That one is on Islam. Islam is the cause. Blaming it on gays or the gay lifestyle or the fact that he was gay is just blaming the victim. Islam owns this one.

Your pathetic attempts at blame redirecting to guns and gays won't be accepted here.

Except that's not I'm doing. I'm indicting religion. Christianity is just as guilty of ostracizing gays.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 23 Jun 2016, 1:28pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 14

Quigley says

So according to you, he could be a different religion, and as long as he was still GAY, he would have killed those people by one means or another. And you don't see why I called you a homophobe? I'm curious: do you always blame the victim of a crime or is this a special occasion because you prefer Muslims over horrible awful GAY people?

You have a reading comprehension problem. I'm blaming society and religion for making him feel ashamed of being gay. I think you are letting your prejudices cloud your comprehension.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 23 Jun 2016, 1:24pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 15

http://www.businessinsider.com/canada-australia-japan-britain-gun-control-2013-1

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 23 Jun 2016, 12:21pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 16

Quigley says

I see. So you're saying that it was because he was a GAY Muslim that he committed this atrocity. A normal Muslim would never shoot up a gay bar. Only the deviant and perverse GAYS could own that sort of act!

Funny, I never figured you for a homophobe...

Just curious--how does my statement make me a homophobe exactly?

But to answer your question--I'm saying he could have been a gay Christian and felt the same shame, pressure, and self-disgust that might cause him to snap. Religion was the problem. In this case Islam. But this wasn't a radicalized freedom fighter wanting to become a martyr.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 23 Jun 2016, 12:19pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 17

joshuatrio says

According to Ironman's

Anything that starts with those three words is almost certainly wrong.

joshuatrio says

I believe a more effective law would be to require every household to own a firearm - and implement a castle law at the federal level. Especially for the greater good.

I think there are many examples throughout history showing this to be a very poor solution.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 23 Jun 2016, 11:48am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 18

Heraclitusstudent says

But outside of this detail, the cause here is clearly only Islam, not gayness

I'd say the cause is religion--he would have felt the same pressure and stigma as a Christian.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 23 Jun 2016, 11:31am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 19

Heraclitusstudent says

Average wage

- median home price

... Really? Anyone sees something wrong here?

With home prices going up year after year faster than wages, only total idiots or realtors would claim that affordability increases.

That's why they have to use average wages. If they used median wages vs. median prices, I bet they'd get a different result.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 23 Jun 2016, 11:28am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 20

joshuatrio says

Did you read what I wrote earlier about plastic utensils?

Yes. I fail to see any relevance.

joshuatrio says

Clarify then. Are you talking about a total gun ban? Or banning AR-15's? Or just assault rifles?

It sure looks like you are talking about assault rifles... or.... AR's - which in terms of greater good - utensils are more dangerous :)

So, I really think we should ban solid foods. Straws are much safer.

Not a total gun ban. I'm talking about banning weapons whose harm outweighs its benefit. The comments about utensils being more dangerous than assault rifles isn't worth a reply.

joshuatrio says

Crack's illegal, but if you want it - you can get it. So is prostitution (in most states), but if I wanted a prostitute, why the hell would I go all the way to a legal state (like the chicago example) to get it? Point is, bad guys would still get their guns.

OK--so you are for removing all laws then, right? Murders happen, even with a law so get rid of the law. Rapes still happen, so get rid of the law. Bad guys still murder. Bad guys still rape. Let's get rid of all laws.

You still seem to be stuck in an all or nothing viewpoint. If you can't stop all gun violence, then any attempt is useless. Don't you see the flaw yet? Stopping 10%, while less than I'd hope, is still saving hundreds (thousands?) of lives. You don't think those thousands of lives are worth saving??

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about   source code  

#housing   #investing   #politics   #economics   #humor  
please recommend patrick.net to your friends