comments by tatupu70

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 1:11pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 1

Ironman says

It does??? This is the whole state:

Yep--it does.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 1:10pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 2

Tenpoundbass says

You contribute $200 a week or what ever the schedule is, and in rotation. Depending who's time it is to get the payout. One person get's the whole pot payday. Sometimes as much as 10 grand depending on how many people are in the pool and how long the session runs.

It's called a lottery.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 12:55pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 3

Heraclitusstudent says

Didn't they already do that by committing to the loser of the election in their state?

Nope--like I said, there is nothing binding. They just are on record somewhere saying they are backing Clinton right now. If you look back to 2008, many switched from Clinton to Obama as the primaries wore on.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/29/us/politics/29delegates.html&pagewanted=print?_r=0

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 12:42pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 4

Ironman says

Except in Union County (and many other areas)

Nope--Union county and everywhere.

I think it's time to give up on my goal of teaching you something. Clearly it's futile.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 12:35pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 5

That graph on government spending is interesting. I thought Obama was a HUGE spender??

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 12:32pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 6

Ironman says

Yep, just One out of Three will die waiting for treatment!

WINNING!!!

They died waiting to ENROLL in the VA system. Not waiting for treatment.

"They literally died while waiting for VA to process their health care application."

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 12:23pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 7

Ironman says

The VA is Bernie Sander's health care model. It's a socialized medical system for American Veterans.

From CNN:

The VA's inspector general found that out of about 800,000 records stalled in the agency's system for managing health care enrollment, there were more than 307,000 records that belonged to veterans who had died months or years in the past. The inspector general said due to limitations in the system's data, the number of records did not necessarily represent veterans actively seeking enrollment in VA health care.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/02/politics/va-inspector-general-report/

In other words 300,000 people may have died while waiting for your utopian care model.

That's the great part of national health care. There's no applying, determining if you're eligible, etc. All that nonsense is gone.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 12:20pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 8

Heraclitusstudent says

Humm... let me get this straight: they go to her because they think she will win, but that in turn could actually make her win.

Sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Yes, that is at least partially true in that superdelegates are often influential party members that can sway peoples' voting decisions. But, I don't think superdelegates would have the balls to override the will of the people (as evidenced by the voting results).

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 12:19pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 9

Ironman says

So, why doesn't the reverse happen with LESS supply, prices should go UP, right?

It does you dumbass.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 11:48am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 10

Ironman says

But in Tatty's world, lowering prices and increasing supply will fix that, even if people can't scrape together 3.5% for a FHA down payment

Of course it does. More supply lowers prices and lower rents too. People can save easier with less of their check devoted to housing cost. Further with lower prices, you don't need as large of a downpayment so it will be easier for people to save it. A couple with $10K saved couldn't afford the 3.5% downpayment on a $300K home, but can on a $275K home. See how that works?

How can you not understand that?

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 11:44am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 11

Heraclitusstudent says

If super-delegates typically go with the will of the people, why aren't they going to Sanders now?

Same reason they went to her in the first place. They think she is going to win and they want to get on her good side in case favors are coming.

If it no longer looks like she's going to win, then they will start jumping ship.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 11:12am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 12

Ironman says

Busted!!!

lol--do you think you won? You are hilarious.

It is honestly disconcerting that you could have graduated high school without learning how supply and demand determine price. Our education system let you down.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 11:09am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 13

Heraclitusstudent says

Humm... so the establishment democrats + republicans could force a choice between 2 space aliens of their own choice?

Is that how democracy works?

Just give it a bit of time. If Bernie is still winning primaries after Super Tuesday, I guarantee he will be stealing previously committed superdelegates.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 11:06am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 14

Ironman says

That's not following your system

wtf. "my system"? Supply and demand is not "my system" Seriously--are you really this stupid?

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 11:05am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 15

Ironman says

So, what happened in your beloved Union County? Inventory is down -27.7% yet prices have dropped -1.5%...

That's not following your system, why not? Shouldn't the prices have jumped due to lack of supply?

OK--a few things:

1. What data are you referencing. It's hard to determine what is going on if I don't know the data set. Is it median prices. YOY price change, MOM?
2. Like Bob said earlier, demand is also changing. While useful to assume constant demand to illustrate the effect of supply changes, in the real world, demand is also changing.
3. Housing prices take a long time to reach equilibrium because of the long transaction time. Often you'll see a lag in prices responding to supply or demand changes.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 10:47am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 16

Ironman says

So, what does lowering supply do?

So, here's how you figure that out. Look at the graph I posted earlier and instead of moving the supply curve to the right (increasing) move it to the left (decreasing). Now find the new intersection of supply and demand--that's the new price.

Was it higher or lower than the old price?

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 10:40am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 17

She doesn't really have more delegates--she just has more superdelegates that are "committed" to her at this point. That can change quickly. Superdelegates can change their mind...

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 10:33am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 18

You weren't much of a student, were you? I can just imagine your teacher reading your answer to every word problem:

"You know what happens when you ASSume, right"

I bet they loved you.

In any event--the point isn't whether or not builders will choose to build houses. The point is that increasing supply will lower prices. That is a fact. I've now shown you why several time. Hopefully we can call this one closed.

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 10:02am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 19

Ironman says

You're comparing growing wheat to buying houses??

Really?

lol--OK, I forgot who I'm dealing with here. Let me dumb it down even further for you.

tatupu70 says

"For example, assume that builder constructs several new neighborhoods worth of houses. Otherwise stated, builders will be willing to supply more houses at every price and this shifts the supply curve S1 outward, to S2—an increase in supply. This increase in supply causes the equilibrium price to decrease from P1 to P2. The equilibrium quantity increases from Q1 to Q2 as consumers move along the demand curve to the new lower price. As a result of a supply curve shift, the price and the quantity move in opposite directions"

Does that help?

tatupu70   befriend (3)   ignore (12)   Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 7:01am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 20

OK CIC--here's a primer for you. Please read up before you post again.

"For example, assume that someone invents a better way of growing wheat so that the cost of growing a given quantity of wheat decreases. Otherwise stated, producers will be willing to supply more wheat at every price and this shifts the supply curve S1 outward, to S2—an increase in supply. This increase in supply causes the equilibrium price to decrease from P1 to P2. The equilibrium quantity increases from Q1 to Q2 as consumers move along the demand curve to the new lower price. As a result of a supply curve shift, the price and the quantity move in opposite directions"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about   Debt Is Slavery