comments by Ironman

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Sep 2015, 4:09pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 1

"Blacks represent 13% of the population but commit 50% of the murders; 90% of black victims are murdered by other blacks," writes Time's Joe Klein, calling for "provocative" thinking on race in America. "The facts suggest that history is not enough to explain this social disaster."

Yep, blacks make up 13% of the population (actually black males are 6.5% of the population), but the total black murders are 85% of what the whities are...

See a problem yet?

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Sep 2015, 4:00pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 2

MMR says

Granted, it is a waterfront property, but seller and realtor are delusional. Plain and simple, the worth of things is what people will pay for it.

Yep, maybe they think they're in the Bay Area! Still a lot more house then that crap shack in Palo Alto!

MMR says

On a related note, My brother bought a 6500 sq/ft place in Marlboro for 1.2 million, but there is a huge difference demographically between Marlboro and Brick/Toms River/Lakewood or Stafford Twp....Really, the difference between Monmouth and Ocean is night and day.

Primary difference, there's no waterfront property in Marlboro. Plus, who wants to live next to people who have that "New York" attitude?

1.2 million gets you on the waterfront in Ocean County, that would really suck and be tough to take.

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Sep 2015, 3:21pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 3

epitaph says

Why is America so intolerant of these minorities cultures?

We're not intolerant of those cultures... We're intolerant of the criminal element of those cultures.

epitaph says

We need more immigrants so that we can celebrate multiculturalism.

Yep, 13% isn't quite enough...

According to estimates from the 2013 ACS, the U.S. immigrant population stood at more than 41.3 million, or 13 percent, of the total U.S. population of 316.1 million.

Don't worry, it's going to get better!!

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Sep 2015, 3:18pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 4

It's a good thing you don't own a house and rent an apartment!

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Sep 2015, 2:38pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 5

Rew says

One thing I've learned from Patrick.net, typically when people are talking about a group, and trying to tell you they know what it is (beliefs, makeup, etc.), they aren't speaking from direct personal experience as part of that group.

... it's usually overgeneralized BS, or just completely wrong.

Based on all of YOUR past posts here, I would say you're right!!

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Sep 2015, 2:21pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 6

Uber driver suit can proceed as class-action, judge rules, expanding it to 160,000 drivers

A suit filed by four drivers against ride-hailing company Uber can proceed as a class action, a California federal judge ruled. This means the case will now involve about 160,000 other drivers in California. The drivers say they are employees of Uber, rather than independent contractors, and say Uber failed to reimburse them for expenses and failed to pay them the entire tip amounts given by riders.

Uber argued that the drivers' claims didn't amount to a classwide problem and that it didn't have a uniform control or relationship across all drivers. The court found that the drivers met class action criteria on the issues of their employment status and tips, but said it was not convinced on the question of on expense reimbursement. The drivers include UberBlack, UberX and UberSUV drivers.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/uber-driver-suit-can-proceed-as-class-action-judge-rules-expanding-it-to-160000-drivers-2015-09-01?dist=afterbell

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Sep 2015, 2:17pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 7

tatupu70 says

Ironman says

Did you just come out from under a rock? Was this the first cop to get shot this year? I guess the perps have all been bankers, right?

Uh, I don't think so. But why post this incident which doesn't support your statement at all?

I'm sure I over spoke and when the 3 criminals get caught, they will turn out to be valedictorians of their high school classes, choir boys at church, Eagle Scouts, Harvard graduates and just simply misunderstood.

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Sep 2015, 2:12pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 8

Mr Happygoluckofus says

They guy just has a wig and a dress on

At least he should grow his hair longer, just like Bruce/Caitlyn.

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Sep 2015, 1:10pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 9

tatupu70 says

Ironman says

What's your point?

What's yours? You talk about letting the wild animals run free in the cities. This happened in a rural area.

Did you just come out from under a rock? Was this the first cop to get shot this year? I guess the perps have all been bankers, right?

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Sep 2015, 11:13am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 10

tatupu70 says

You obviously have no idea where Fox Lake is.

What's your point?

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Sep 2015, 10:26am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 11

lostand confused says

Interesting I thought NJ property taxes were the highest in the nation?

They are, when you compare house prices only. Taxes on a 1 million house here would be higher than a 1 million house in CA. But, if you compare the actual size and features of comparable houses, the prices here are a lot less.. So, you can pay a lot less (at least 75% less) for the same sized house, but you'll have a little higher taxes.

Example, I did a quick search for a similar sized house in the OP. Here is what $190K buys you here versus 3.4 Mil in Palo Alto:

Which mortgage do you want to pay??

http://www.zillow.com/homes/7-Nautical-Ct,-Bayville,-NJ-08721_rb/

It's actually bigger and newer. Taxes are $2900.

Big difference!!!

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Sep 2015, 8:38am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 12

Here's a picture of the 3.4M house in the OP

Here's a picture of a 3.5M house in my county on the water

http://www.zillow.com/homes/631-Point-Ave,-Brick,-NJ-08724_rb/

Which one do you want??

Heck, here's one for 2.5M, a million less, right on the beach...

http://www.zillow.com/homes/140-N-Sunset-Ln,-Mantoloking,-NJ-08738_rb/

Take the extra 1 million and buy a jet and a pilot who can fly you back and forth to Palo Alto!!

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Sep 2015, 8:26am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 13

It's December 2014?

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Sep 2015, 7:53am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 14

smaulgld says

If markets contract further, based on history I would think gold and silver rise in the wake of stock losses.

That's what I thought I would see the last two weeks, but it didn't happen. Silver is bouncing around a 5 year low. Last time it was at this price was 2009.

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Sep 2015, 7:49am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 15

Patrick says

the important thing to remember is that basically none of those houses are actually for sale. those are all "estimated values" based on the premise that one of them in that picture sold for a similar amount sometime in the last year.

I know that, even with the house in the OP, Zillow has it estimated at 2.36M and it just went pending at 3.4 M.... Quite a spread in prices... There has been a handful sold in the neighborhood in the ranges of 2.4M to 10M... That's insane!!!

Patrick says

if they were all on the market, the prices would be far lower.

Even if that was the case, which never happens, the pricing would still be nuts based on average real estate prices in other parts of the country.

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Sep 2015, 7:39am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 16

smaulgld says

I think at current prices silver is historically low vs gold and is such a tiny market that it could have nice upside potential with additional buying interest. Silver rises much faster than gold during bull markets and falls much harder during bear markets.

That's what I'm trying to decide... Sitting here with dry powder trying to figure out as the stock market craters, silver normal rises, but it ain't happening... Decisions, decisions..

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Sep 2015, 7:31am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 17

So, is it time to back the truck up, or wait?

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Sep 2015, 7:30am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 18

dodgerfanjohn says

I think Cletus and most of his neighbors were there.

Seriously, I ha d no idea there were that many trailer parks in So Cal.

Can they put the concert tickets on their EBT cards?

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Sep 2015, 7:28am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 19

Looking at the Zillow map (below) of that neighborhood. This has to be a Photoshop of values....

Do you people in CA really pay these type of prices for those crap shacks???

Really???

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Tue, 1 Sep 2015, 7:24am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 20

errc says

Smoke some more grass, looney tune

That's YOUR job...(and regular daily activity)

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best of   about   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net