comments by Ironman

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (11)   Tue, 31 May 2016, 7:11am PDT   Like (2)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 1

Logan Mohtashami says

Because student loan debt can't BK like other debts,

Who cares about BK, we're talking about debt loads and the ability to buy a house and get a mortgage.

Logan Mohtashami says

40% of all student loan debt comes from Grad students which make 100% of the higher debt loads

Once again, who gives a crap what level they are at in college, we're talking about the ability to finance a mortgage. Doesn't matter if you have a 4 year degree or a grad degree, if you're carrying a ton of school debt, it makes it a whole lot tougher to get approved for a mortgage..

Logan Mohtashami says

But you have to explain all the variables

and you try and spin your way out of reality..

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (11)   Tue, 31 May 2016, 6:47am PDT   Like (2)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 2

Logan Mohtashami says

Majority of Student loan debt is under 14K

Sure it is....
-

-

-

-

-
Logan Mohtashami says

People aren't versed in this data line,

We'll include YOU in that group, but hey, keep posting disingenuous charts as long as they support your narrative!!

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (11)   Tue, 31 May 2016, 6:32am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 3

Logan Mohtashami says

Majority of Student loan debt is under 14K

Logan Mohtashami says

Aren't we in 2016, not 2012?

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (11)   Mon, 30 May 2016, 9:23pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 4

marcus says

Maybe it has something to do with this being a very old thread, with infrequent activity ?

Maybe you don't know anything about computers just like you don't know anything about math and teaching.

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (11)   Mon, 30 May 2016, 9:22pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 5

turtledove says

Okay, but is it a concern that my antivirus software is identifying stuff uploaded to this page as a potential problem?

Your virus scan doesn't like images residing at funny-pics-fun.com site. The Employees Hygiene pic is hyper-linked back to that site.

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (11)   Mon, 30 May 2016, 9:05pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 6

turtledove says

It happened again. Remember a month or so ago when I wrote about warning messages I was getting when I'd click into certain posts. Well, it just happened on this thread.

Apparently your virus scan doesn't like images posted on that site at that funny-pics- site. It must know from past experience that some people inserted viruses in images there. Some people post image tags to pictures they post here so they don't have to save them on their computers (like when they post from work).

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (11)   Mon, 30 May 2016, 8:59pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 7

bob2356 says

If we stick around? If there is any doubt at all about sticking around then why buy? If not the why worry, you have to live somewhere. Why pay rent when you don't have to unless you can earn enough more than the rent with your 268k cash to make renting worth the hassle.

Just where did you find such brilliance??

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (11)   Mon, 30 May 2016, 7:17pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 8

Blurtman says

Clinton ditches New Jersey

I wish we could get that lucky, but this state is 60% for the Blue team...

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (11)   Mon, 30 May 2016, 6:54pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 9

What the fuck do you know about hockey?? That's not a Ring Ding they're sending around on the ice.

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (11)   Mon, 30 May 2016, 6:52pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 10

marco says

Stumps like those legs could easily drive a man to rape 15 year old girls on an island, right ?

or in Chile.

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (11)   Mon, 30 May 2016, 4:21pm PDT   Like   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 11

joshuatrio says

Anyhow, am I crazy for considering buying now? I see a bunch of shit going on in the world, but at the rate I'm paying rent - this seems to pencil out math wise, if we stick around for a while.

The question is, if this shit goes south, would you feel confident that your landlord is still paying his mortgage with the rent you're paying him, or risk having the sheriff showing up to evict you because he didn't?

Is knowing you lost opportunity use of the $268K versus having a firm roof/shelter over your head worthwhile for the peace of mind it will provide?

Only you can make that decision.

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (11)   Mon, 30 May 2016, 2:31pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 12

Logan Mohtashami says

I do feel sorry for a high school drop out working at Home Depot, or a non college educated America working at home depot and a non trade show Skill American working at home depot

There you go.. I wasn't referring to the high school kid or non-educated... but you refuse to read and learn.

There are many EXPERIENCE workers at Home Depot (business people, experience contractors, etc.) who are working there because they can't find work in their former career or industry. I wouldn't expect you to understand that...

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (11)   Mon, 30 May 2016, 2:24pm PDT   Like (2)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 13

errc says

I'm tipping you're lying. Otherwise you would have posted an actual photo of your flag.

Here you go, pot head boy, right from my front porch;
-

-
Go smoke another bowl for all those who have died so you can have the freedom to kill more brain cells!

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (11)   Mon, 30 May 2016, 2:18pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 14

Logan Mohtashami says

Shocking how this stuff works

Hey, but the government tells us we're at "Full Employment".... The economy is BOOMING!!!!!!!!

Party Time!!!

Oh wait.....

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (11)   Mon, 30 May 2016, 2:16pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 15

Logan Mohtashami says

Ironman says

Logan feels working full time at Home Depot making $15/hr is awesome, e

If that's all you can do, that's all you go do then

And that's the problem with your skewed narrative... you just want to count "bodies" employed versus reality on the ground... Kinda of the same problem with the government today. Income down, general costs of goods up, I wonder why the "recovery" has been so weak the last 7 years...

Hmmm...

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (11)   Mon, 30 May 2016, 2:10pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 16

smaulgld says

Those wonderful "full time" jobs are not helping as household income is IN DECLINE while Home Prices RISE

Somehow, Logan feels working full time at Home Depot making $15/hr is awesome, even though that same worker use to have a job paying $30/hr with full benefits. Hey, the government stats tell us UE is at 5%, so every thing is great and tons of people will be buying new houses on their new $15./hr wage..

We're saved!!!

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (11)   Mon, 30 May 2016, 2:04pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 17

Logan Mohtashami says

But to those who actually do track for a living but don't have a ideological spin,

Really?? an ideological spin?? Spin is all you do.

That's all you do, pick and choose data to fit YOUR narrative. Unfortunately, reality on the ground trumps your narrative.

Go pull charts of the LFPR for 25 to 54 and then pull charts for 55+ and compare.

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (11)   Mon, 30 May 2016, 1:59pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 18

I use to fly the US flag during national holidays. Based on the current direction of the country and choices made by our current leaders, I don't fly it anymore. I was going to fly the US flag upside down, the universal distress sign, but my wife thought that would be too radical.

So, below is the flag I choose to fly now. Those who currently serve and have served in the past get my respect.
-

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (11)   Mon, 30 May 2016, 1:52pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 19

Logan Mohtashami says

154 Million people working

Logan Mohtashami says

For a country of our size with 322 million people

out of potential workforce of 250 million working age..

Somehow you think those numbers are good thing??
-

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (11)   Mon, 30 May 2016, 1:48pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 20

Logan Mohtashami says

I counter than thesis with this

We are near full employment

We are only missing 2.8 million Americans from the peak of the previous cycle in terms of prime age labor force growth

The problem with your thesis is, one it's wrong, there are a lot more not working..

Second, "full employment" includes people working 4 hours a week for $8./hr. when they use to work 40 hours a week for $20./hr. I know you like to spew the Obama "full employment" and "job creation" bullshit, but if you really think this represents "full employment", you need to share with us what you're smoking.

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about   source code  

#housing   #investing   #politics   #economics   #humor  
please recommend patrick.net to your friends