comments by Ironman

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (13)   Fri, 1 Jul 2016, 9:21am PDT   Like   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 1

marcus says

Wrong. I'm Teaching summer school, but it is a lighter load.

That must suck, you can't even budget your money so you can take the Summer off like the students. So instead, you get to teach the flunkies and indoctrinate some more helpless kids with your twisted logic.

It must be nice to suck off the tit of the taxpayers all year long!!

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (13)   Fri, 1 Jul 2016, 9:18am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 2

Well, you started your post off right, but went right off the rails with your bitterness:

Quigley says

Or that they don't own as many houses as people who became adults in the 70s right before currency inflated 300% and housing prices jumped about the same. That was the biggest give-away of wealth to the middle class this Country has ever experienced.

Instead of railing and posting lies, go back and research incomes back then, costs of goods and what percentages of their incomes they paid for everything. A little bit of education on that subject will help your bitterness.

Now, here is where you were right:

Quigley says

This is actually true. I spent a year working part time at McDonald's when I was 17. It taught me that I needed an education because I didn't want to do a job like that ever again.

The majority of Millenialls today have never had that eye opening experience to wake them up. Who's fault is that?

Quigley says

Then I got a STEM degree for far too much money and found it barely qualified me to make $14/hour as a tech. I said screw that, went Union blue collar, and never looked back.

I was never "given" anything. I had to work and work harder

There's your answer. YOU made the decision to work harder to get ahead, the Millenialls today think just by showing up at their job is a major achievement. They think having to work for 8 hours a day is so unfair to them.

Quigley says

I have little respect for people who moan about today's youth not achieving as much as twenty somethings in the 50s when career barriers were small and job opportunities were fabulous.

and there's the bullshit statement of the day. EVERYONE has the ability to make their own opportunities, but it takes EFFORT, effort that the current Millennials REFUSE to put in.

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (13)   Fri, 1 Jul 2016, 9:06am PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 3

YesYNot says

I'm about to go buy some.

Good idea, with your intelligence level, you need all the help you can get!

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (13)   Fri, 1 Jul 2016, 8:06am PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 4

MMR says

but I also don't think that working menial jobs in high school prepares you for the rigors of studying challenging subject material in a top 25 academic environment

It's not suppose to. What percentage of college kids go to the top 25?

Working part time in high school hopefully sets the foundation to make a kid responsible, show up when required, follow directions, work as a team, learn news skills, etc. It's usually a kids first real experience in the outside world, separate from home life and school. It also exposes them to outside careers that they might want to follow.

MMR says

students are of an elite caliber. Couple of my first cousins once removed (one is a rheumatology fellow and the other is a dermatology resident) did about 1200 hours of volunteer work in the hospital before entering college, in addition to several other activities. They went to Boston University for undergrad and med school.

You're way to focused and biased on labels and elitism... Hell, barely 6% of college kids get STEM degrees. They are the minority.
The far larger percentages just take up space for 4 or 5 years and do the average work to graduate.

MMR says

If the mission/vision is drilled in early, you usually don't have a situation where you have to light a fire under a kid's ass to realize that working menial jobs isn't a future.

Which is the perfect reason for a teenager to go take a job flipping burgers. What's better than hands-on experience to know you don't want to lean over a greasy stove for your career? Unfortunately, these useless Millennials never had that real life experience, having everything given to them without working for it. Now they just wander around aimlessly, looking for the next Trophy, doing the bare minimum to get by.

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (13)   Fri, 1 Jul 2016, 7:47am PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 5

Reporter: FBI ordered ‘no photos, no pictures, no cell phones’ during Clinton/Lynch meeting.

Reporter Christopher Sign of ABC 15 in Phoenix, AZ appeared on The O’Reilly Factor Thursday night to talk about his scoop involving that secret meeting between former President Bill Clinton and Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

“The former president steps into her plane. They then speak for 30 minutes privately. The FBI there on the tarmac instructing everybody around ‘no photos, no pictures, no cell phones.'”

First of all, it isn’t the FBI’s job to tell journalists or private citizens they can’t take photographs of a former president and the Attorney General. What were the agents going to do, arrest people for taking a picture or video?

Also, if there was nothing wrong with the meeting and it was totally innocent, why were federal agents instructed to demand no one take a picture?

By focusing on the appearance of conflict because Hillary Clinton is being investigated, we are willfully overlooking the very real conflict in the fact that Clinton himself is under investigation, as the Grand Poo-bah at the Clinton Foundation.

The FBI investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of private email as secretary of state has expanded to look at whether the possible “intersection” of Clinton Foundation work and State Department business may have violated public corruption laws, three intelligence sources not authorized to speak on the record told Fox News.

I guess when all of this adds up, it’s clear why Lynch and her FBI agents were so intent on keeping this inappropriate meeting private.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/07/01/reporter-fbi-ordered-no-photos-no-pictures-no-cell-phones-during-clintonlynch-meeting/

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (13)   Fri, 1 Jul 2016, 7:37am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 6

Puerto Rico is set to register its largest default to date on Friday as $2 billion in debt payments are due to the financially strapped island's creditors.

The payments include more than $1 billion in general obligation bonds, the island's highest tiered credit that carries a constitutional lien on revenues.

The largest default prior to this was on May 2 when the Government Development Bank, which formerly acted as the island's primary fiscal agent and lender of last resort, defaulted on $367 million due to its bondholders.

The defaults that are set to occur on Friday will not be the first for the beleaguered U.S. Territory—Moody's estimates that the island has defaulted on $562 million of debt service payments since August—however, a missed or partial payment on the GO bonds will be the first default on a security that carries the highest priority of repayment under Puerto Rico's constitution.

Which is why bondholders, analysts, investors and insurers of Puerto Rico's paper had all been closely watching and speculating how the government would handle the July GO payment—with many believing that at the very least the interest would be paid.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/30/puerto-rico-set-to-register-largest-default-to-date.html

The BIGGER question... who's holding all the Credit Default Swaps?????

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (13)   Fri, 1 Jul 2016, 7:30am PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 7

Truck driver involved with fatal Tesla accident says driver was watching a movie.

Frank Baressi, 62, the driver of the truck and owner of Okemah Express, said the Tesla driver was "playing Harry Potter on the TV screen" at the time of the crash and driving so quickly that "he went so fast through my trailer I didn't see him."

"It was still playing when he died and snapped a telephone pole a quarter mile down the road," Baressi told The Associated Press in an interview from his home in Palm Harbor, Florida. He acknowledged he couldn't see the movie, only heard it.

---------------------------------
and then there's this..

Tesla conceded that the Autopilot feature is not perfect, but said in the statement that it's getting better all the time. "When used in conjunction with driver oversight, the data is unequivocal that Autopilot reduces driver workload and results in a statistically significant improvement in safety," the company said.

Oops.....

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/01/truck-driver-involved-with-fatal-tesla-accident-says-driver-was-watching-a-movie.html

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (13)   Fri, 1 Jul 2016, 7:01am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 8

Tenpoundbass says

And Checkmate!

....."Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch plans to announce on Friday that she will accept whatever recommendation career prosecutors and the F.B.I. director make about whether to bring charges related to Hillary Clinton’s personal email server, a Justice Department official said."

landtof says

maybe the meeting was: bill your wife is just not going to be able to become president.

WINNER!!!!

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (13)   Fri, 1 Jul 2016, 6:59am PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 9

Another point of the bad optics on this meeting, Billy boy could be considered a co-conspirator in the email situation, since the server was in his house. Plus, the Clinton foundation documents and Bill's email was also on that server. I'm sure the FBI has also looked into his connections. He possibly could be charged.

So, him meeting with Lynch, when he could be charged is very damning for the Justice Dept. I just heard that the FBI guys are totally pissed off that this meeting took place.

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (13)   Thu, 30 Jun 2016, 10:02pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 10

MMR says

I highly doubt their four year degrees are in engineering, comp sci, math, bio (pre-med), or even something like finance (particularly from a top 25 school). Maybe they weren't really 'college material' to begin with.

The majority of kids go to college "just because". They're brainwashed into thinking that's what they have to do. Period.

They don't know what they like, don't know what major to shoot for, and end up with some generic degree after FIVE years in school.

MMR says

but these kids you're talking about sound like the kind who prob would have been better off doing a trade and making more money

I think a good chunk would have been better studying a trade, the job prospects are usually better too.

MMR says

Hell, they could make more money cleaning houses than the pittance paid by wal-mart.

Sure, now you want them to become responsible, make their own schedules, show up when required and act professional. You're asking a REAL lot from them.

MMR says

My mom has gone through over 20 cleaning people in the last 14 years in Toms River.

Just how big is her whip?? :)

MMR says

couldn't give a job to because she couldn't make change at the cash register.

I use cash for a lot of stuff under $100., and you would be surprised on the number of cashiers who can't make change TODAY, even though the register tells them exactly how much to return. They can't even count basic dollars and change....

These kids are the countries' future.... boy are we royally fucked...

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (13)   Thu, 30 Jun 2016, 9:48pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 11

Logan Mohtashami says

Retail Sales, Car Sales and Home Sales are near or at cycle highs

Yep, fueled by additional credit card debt, sub-prime loans, and low interest rates....

Definitely a formula for prosperity!!

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (13)   Thu, 30 Jun 2016, 9:45pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 12

landtof says

maybe the meeting was: bill your wife is just not going to be able to become president.

to be a fly on the wall in that plane.

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (13)   Thu, 30 Jun 2016, 9:21pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 13

From another forum posting on this article:

...."In its defense, Tesla said in a blog post that the autopilot didn’t notice the white side of the tractor trailer against a brightly lit sky, so the brake wasn’t applied;"

So, which do we ban first, the sun, or white tractor trailers??

Like one other poster said about AR-15's, "if we can save just one life...."

....it's for the children....

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (13)   Thu, 30 Jun 2016, 7:41pm PDT   Like   Dislike (1)     Share   Quote   Comment 14

Look who shows up... the idiot himself...

iwog says

This just means self-driving cars are only 1000 times safer than human drivers and not 10,000 times safer.

Yes, because conditions on the roads are always so predictable (just like in the OP)... the machines will always be right...

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (13)   Thu, 30 Jun 2016, 7:39pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 15

Sharingmyintelligencewiththedumbasses says

11th reason to not buy an expensive home now: that dumbfuck trump could win,

Hey Roberta, I would suggest burning down all your crapshacks NOW, collect the insurance money, and LEAVE the country.... It's for your own good...

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (13)   Thu, 30 Jun 2016, 7:34pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 16

and it gets even better when screwing "The People"...

"But it is an important first step on the path of creating more stability, better services and greater prosperity over the long term for the people of Puerto Rico," Obama said as he signed the bill in the Oval Office.

The bipartisan bill was crafted after months of negotiation between Democratic and Republican lawmakers and the Obama administration. The bill creates an oversight board that will supervise some debt restructuring and negotiate with creditors. It temporarily blocks creditor lawsuits.

Puerto Rico will also be allowed to temporarily lower the federal minimum wage for some younger workers.

"We've got to keep on working to figure out how we promote the long-term growth and sustainability that's so desperately needed down there, but the people of Puerto Rico need to know that they are not forgotten, that they are part of the American family," Obama said. "Congress's responsiveness to this issue, even though this is not a perfect bill, at least moves us in the right direction."

Yep, make sure all you Congressman get paid while screwing the lower class workers on their income...

When does the Revolution start???????

http://cbs6albany.com/news/nation-world/obama-quickly-signs-puerto-rico-financial-rescue-bill

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (13)   Thu, 30 Jun 2016, 7:29pm PDT   Like (1)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 17

President Obama Signs Paul Ryan Bill and Immediately Suspends 5th Amendment…

Today President Obama signed the PROMESA (Puerto Rico Bailout) bill created by representative Paul Ryan, and with it the immediate suspension of the Fifth Amendment which was supported by a Senate vote yesterday.

The Fifth Amendment protects U.S. Citizens from federal seizure of property without compensation.

It applies in this instance to Puerto Rico via the general obligation bonds (property) purchased by municipal bond holders (investing citizens), which were supposed to be repaid, and which congress has now determined can be frozen.

In addition, PROMESA suspends legal redress, by blocking bond holders (property owners) from suing the debtor (PR) to recover their property. In essence the Fifth Amendment is suspended, and the rights of those whose property has been confiscated to use the courts has been preemptively denied.

An unelected, entirely appointed, bureaucratic panel of DC political agents/appointees is now in control of the entire process.

Say hello to the Paul Ryan version of constitutional republic, where the constitution is arbitrarily suspended entirely at the behest of Washington DC’s needs. Yes America, this is how speaker Paul Ryan defines “conservative”.

PROMESA, which passed the U.S. Senate on Wednesday, puts a stay, or halt, on litigation in the event of a default. Puerto Rico has already defaulted three times on portions of its debt in the last year.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/06/30/president-obama-signs-paul-ryan-bill-and-immediately-suspends-5th-amendment/

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (13)   Thu, 30 Jun 2016, 7:22pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 18

turtledove says

you will meet my very dark side... Be very afraid.

But you said you don't own a gun, so we're safe right?? Unless, it's that certain time of the month, then all bets are off...

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (13)   Thu, 30 Jun 2016, 7:20pm PDT   Like (2)   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 19

turtledove says

duck

Speaking of a certain duck, he claims that most cars and trucks will be self-driving in the next few years, which will eliminate tens of thousands of jobs.

If this article is any indication, he'll be wrong again.

turtledove says

infallible car is driving them

What happens when this famous image pops up on the screen while they are traveling down the road?
-

Ironman   befriend (0)   ignore (13)   Thu, 30 Jun 2016, 7:15pm PDT   Like   Dislike     Share   Quote   Comment 20

turtledove says

Why would anyone get their panties in wads over polling at this point? There is waaaay too much time between now and November.

Yep, plus neither one has been officially nominated, as the conventions haven't happened yet.

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about   source code  

#housing   #investing   #politics   #economics   #humor  
please recommend patrick.net to your friends