Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 31 Jan 2015 in Dumb ass Reuters erroneously describes Latino as a race., lostand confused said:

So if I get dual citizenship with a "Latin" country-will be considered latino and will I get all the extra benefits??

• On 31 Jan 2015 in The index that timed the 2008 crash perfectly just slumped to a 3-decade low, lostand confused said:

Oil jumped by 4 bucks Friday and so did a bunch of oil stocks-oil companies/drillers etc. I am out of stocks -but other stocks ar ejust coming off their highs-meanwhile the oil sector has been battered.

There are some nice stocks there, that because of the collapse of prices, have a very nice dividend payout ratio. The question is how far will this cycle last. For me, with many stocks battered , am looking at financials, debt load, history etc and starting to get my toe wet in this sector. On Friday, a huge surge in oil stocks-could just be short-covering. But am looking long term.

Other stocks are just coming off their highs-so still some risk, but this battered sector seems to be somewhat of a bargain-now one can never judge a bottom or top-well at least me, I tend to get in a bit early and tend to get out a bit early too, but manage to get a decent profit nowadays-but some of them seem reasonable, based on their prices/balance sheet/history.

• On 31 Jan 2015 in So how many non1% ers in CA are going to be caught up in Obozo's new taxes, lostand confused said:

debyne says

Prop 13 makes no sense. If the cost of shared gov't services (e.g., police) increases over time, why shouldn't everyone contribute more to pay for them?

They do-in state taxes. Maybe don't allow police to retire at 50 with full pension? Or maybe stop the war on drugs, so you won't need so many prisons. Nope-raise taxes, raise taxes.

Now CA I think is the only place with prop 13 style property taxes in place. Rest of the places, property taxes goes up and down every year-well mostly up. But this whole thing form Obozo is just crap. he is -along with his supporters-expanding the 1% definition to upper middle class folks.
    These are the people who pay taxes all their lives and support the moochers and now they want more taxes at death too? Go earn your own money-300 pound critters.

At some point they better wake up-just like they did for recent 529 college plan- folks did and Obozo the clown scuttled it, once light was shown on his plan. If folks had shown the same amount of light on the 40% tax on so called Cadillac health plans-that would have been dropped too. That can only happen when people start looking at issues and not party lines.

• On 31 Jan 2015 in So how many non1% ers in CA are going to be caught up in Obozo's new taxes, lostand confused said:

HydroCabron says

socal2 says

Should my property taxes go up several thousand dollars based on this new value even though I haven't taken any equity out or benefited financially in any way?

Yes.

If you can't pay the taxes on your own house, even though you are a paragon of financial restraint who has taken out no HELOC, then you should sell, suffer the consequences of pocketing all that cash, and move to cheaper digs.

Next question?

yes keep raising those taxes, throw hard working people out of their homes, so 300 pound critters can get their sec 8 and become 600# critters.

At some point when that pool is thinned out, the 600# critters will come after anybody who is not on a handout-for they are now the new 1%.

What a pity and what an upside down world.

HydroCabron says

lostand confused says

Who paid for these? It is grandma and her lifelong taxes-not the 300 pound welfare freaks.

Gosh.

If only we could find a way to scapegoat the poor more, and let granny, whose home appreciation was paid for by the taxpayers, skate free!

Hmm Granny who bought a house, paid for it with her money and paid taxes all her life and now is expected to pay taxes after her death -her appreciation was paid for taxpayers-which would be her??

Oh gosh darn it. 300# welfare folks may not be able to use welfare/EBT cards in pot shops and strip clubs' ATMs. Time to raise taxes on the evil folks who save all their lives, pay taxes all their lives -have to reduce inequality.
    http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-considers-ban-welfare-cards-184126226.html

• On 31 Jan 2015 in Beijing-based Xiaomi is fast emerging as the Apple rival to watch, lostand confused said:

Indiana Jones says

I doubt it will last. Made in China

And where do you think Apple products are made in? Probably both products are made in the same Foxconn factory and the only difference being the label slapped on at the end.

• On 30 Jan 2015 in So how many non1% ers in CA are going to be caught up in Obozo's new taxes, lostand confused said:

HydroCabron says

That money is not going to "300-pound welfare freaks". It's going to pay for
    all the things grandma didn't have to pay for, because she got this tax break,
    and that deduction, and this other service. And then we built these universities
    - to educate grandma's kids and grandkids, and then spent even more money on
    these prisons (which grandma was terrified into supporting by tough-on-crime
    politicians).

Who paid for these? It is grandma and her lifelong taxes-not the 300 pound welfare freaks.

Tax paying folks are the ones who paid for all of these-not welfare or poor folks. That they should not give something tax free to their kids-is preposterous. How much is enough.

Obama's easy money policies/NSA/Patriot act are worse than bush. All he is doing is turning the noose on the middle class, while leaving the rich free. First it was a 40% tax on health insurance plans offered by employers-that affects mostly unions and people who work for nice company-not 300# welfare freaks. Then he wants to tax 529s that only matter to upper middle income folks. Now he wants to tax anybody who gets a decent inheritance-in CA the amounts are upper middle class. It is clear where his priorities are.

• On 30 Jan 2015 in So how many non1% ers in CA are going to be caught up in Obozo's new taxes, lostand confused said:

HydroCabron says

At some point, you're gonna actually have to pay some taxes

Yup, all the 300 pound welfare folks need to pay some taxes at some point or go take a job that illegals are doing.

HydroCabron says

We need the money to pay off the debts we've already accumulated

Spend like a drunken sailor and expect the prudent folks to bail the rest out.HydroCabron says

Year after year of "Oh, grandma deserves a break - she's special" even though
    she could sell her $1.3 million house she bought for $6,200 and live out her
    life in a luxury hotel. Then we need breaks for these people, and those people
    over there.

if grandma was a saver, lived a simple life, did not take out HELOCs and worked all her life-paying taxes -she still owes taxes to the 300 pound welfare freaks who never worked a day in their lives?? Million dollar homes are a dime a dozen in CA. Now where I live, it won't matter, million dollar homes means you are super rich- I bought an almost acre lot home for far less than what you can get a condo for in so-so areas of CA-forget SF or prime LA.

Enough is enough-how much do you want to keep punishing people who pay taxes all their lives-there should be a lifetime cutoff for welfare .

• On 30 Jan 2015 in Are you going to be watching Super Bowl 2015?, lostand confused said:

Ceffer says

I prefer immense hirsute lesbian roller derby. More gore, cussing and gratuitous violence.

Is this your sport?

• On 30 Jan 2015 in No surprise: Snowpack is meager, lostand confused said:

Can I send all the snow that is covering my lawn for the past few weeks. We had a few days here and there barely above freezing-but not enough to melt the snow.

• On 29 Jan 2015 in Equal Rights For Women Now!, lostand confused said:

iwog says

jessica says

If a man marries a woman and impregnates her, he should assume he will be part of two people financially responsible for the child. If how much he may have to pay his future ex wife matters to him, he should plan accordingly.

I agree. In this case the marriage is implied or explicit consent.

Well assuming it is his child. if she slept around and got knocked up by the plumber-he shouldn't be forced to pay. Sadly in quite a few states he is forced to pay.

Even then, the state should not be dictating how much. Half of basic necesseties-for the child. AS an equal adult, the woman should be able to pony up for rent/car/utilities etc. if not, dad should be able to take over the care.

If babies stop being goldmines , then there will be no gold diggers.

• On 28 Jan 2015 in CBO now says 10 million will lose employer based coverage-due to Obamacare., lostand confused said:

bob2356 says

lostand confused says

That is not what the president promised

Can you post exactly what he did promise in terms of employer provided health care? I really don't remember and can't find it.

He said if you like your plan, you can keep it. Now if because of his Obamacare, 10 million folks are getting kicked out of their plans-well they can't keep it. They are being forced out. Now if you want to argue semantics-fine-but those 10 million are not able to keep their plans.

• On 28 Jan 2015 in CBO now says 10 million will lose employer based coverage-due to Obamacare., lostand confused said:

Strategist says

lostand confused says

The Congressional Budget Office now says ObamaCare will push 10 million off employer-based coverage, a tenfold increase from its initial projection. The "keep your plan" lie just gets bigger and bigger.

That 10 million will now get coverage from Obamacare. I don't see what the fuss is all about.

That is not what the president promised. of course he made promises on NSA, patriot act, corporations, free trade etc etc etc..

• On 28 Jan 2015 in Most U.S. workers not engaged with their jobs, lostand confused said:

Well, you never know wen you will be laid off. Being layed off may have nothing to do with performance-or it may. So it is tough to find people to care anymore.

• On 27 Jan 2015 in Project status meetings a waste of time say workers, lostand confused said:

CaptainShuddup says

L and C, you mean "Working meetings" I don't think anyone here says that meetings are useless. Just the ones where it is labeled as the status meeting, and even the office manager gets to describe the cake they will be serving in the kitchen and who's birthday it is. I mean when you're a development team on a tight deadline, it's bullshit like that, that hinders the project delivery date.

Yeah, see so many of these PM/magers that have no clue about the project. All they have is a spreadsheet and they always talk in percentages. But if their developer is saying 25% or 85%-they rally have no clue of the difference-despite their daily meetings. It is all about some imaginary number that the resource throws out. Then finally when 80% complete is not budging for two weeks-senior mgmt. gets involved and then it is fun!!!

• On 27 Jan 2015 in Project status meetings a waste of time say workers, lostand confused said:

It depends. if you have folks in one location, status meetings are dumb. But if you have folks in locations across the globe, making it work can be a challenge-without some sort of control mechanism. I have managed teams for fast projects with folks in three continents-nah wasn't the one who chose that structure or even hired them-just had it dumped on me. Not the easiest of things. bad enough listening to bickering, pointing fingers and excuses from your local team, but one dude in an Asian location couldn't even do basic code -it can get to be a challenge!!

• On 27 Jan 2015 in Falling Gas Tax Revenue Has California Lawmakers Considering Mileage Tax Plan, lostand confused said:

casandra says

Don't you all fool yourselves, this will NOT be a change.

Regardless what they say NOW, they will not repeal NO gas taxes that we currently have, the state will ONLY add this new mileage fee to what you already pay at the pump.

Don't think i am wrong on this one, you will ALL pay more in the interim. Remember where you live and the many you have to support.

Oh, if you are low income, they already said you will get vouchers for gas, so guess who will be paying for the low income to drive their catalacs here and there. Those that already pay taxes!!

Yup they will throw in some garbage of how the high income folks have to pay their fair share and keep both tax and the far lefties will lap it up and support it-despite having to pay double and tout it as a massive success. I need to be a politician!

• On 27 Jan 2015 in Another Obozocare-taxing the middle class to pay for the 300# lazy critters, lostand confused said:

tatupu70 says

I just think society is better off when one's probability of success is determined more by one's drive and ingenuity and less by which family they are born into.

Exactly and that does not come from money. it may help. My parents are immigrants and are very successful as is my fiancÚ's parents-as are my fiancÚ and me . Now for both our parents, nobody gave them anything for free. they didn't cry racism or sexism or wait for someone to give them a free handout. They created their own destiny-made a lot of sacrifices, did jobs others would not consider "suitable."

You cannot study an art degree and expect to be paid 100k, just because you think you are worth it. Life is tough, the sooner the kids are taught that and accept the reality they are in, the better they can adjust and see what they want in life.

There are tons of college folks who are working at Starbucks-adding tens of millions more will not benefit folks. Idealism at some stage has to be tempered with reality. But in the generation where you get everything for free and then spit on the face of those who are giving it to you-well what can you expect?

• On 27 Jan 2015 in Man may be jailed for not paying child support for son who isn't his, lostand confused said:

Heraclitusstudent says

If you have children you automatically agree to be a slave to these children. I don't think anyone would grant you a pass based on the 13th amdt. Just continue not having kids

Odd thinking. Just say whoever is financially able to support the kids gets them and keep the gubmnt out of it. Of course then the entire child support/alimony system/complex will lose their livelihood.

• On 27 Jan 2015 in Another Obozocare-taxing the middle class to pay for the 300# lazy critters, lostand confused said:

tatupu70 says

lol--plenty of people win the lottery too. Should we be content that it is the only way for people who are born into poverty might be successful? What's the problem--they can just buy more tickets??

The workings of the mind are fascinating. You didn't read the rest of my post at all or did your mind just put a mental block?

• On 26 Jan 2015 in Another Obozocare-taxing the middle class to pay for the 300# lazy critters, lostand confused said:

tatupu70 says

lostand confused says

He made it -more so than many Ph.Ds

He certainly did. But let's not pretend he came from nothing...

Plenty of rich kids who amount to nothing and end up as drug addicted party freaks. Plenty of people who came up from nothing and built an empire. All you are doing is providing an excuse-if only somebody paid for this, I would be ok. That would be the drunks in a bar-but if that is the mainstream attitude-then this country is doomed.

Some people who came from rather ordinary beginnings-there are plenty more from where these came from. There are forces in life over which we don't have control and you accept that. The rest is in your hands. Get off your behind and work-but first quit giving reasons as to why you can't be a success-because that will be a self fulfilling prophecy.
    Sam Walton
    Condoleezza rice
    Oprah Winfrey
    Sarah Palin
    Howard Schultz (Starbucks)
    Shahid Khan(Pakistani immigrant)
    Kirk Kerkorian (born to Armenian immigrants and school dropout)
    Do Won Chang and Jin Sook (immigrant husband)
    Ralph Lauren(college dropout)
    George Soros (survived Nazi occupation in Hungary)

• On 26 Jan 2015 in Another Obozocare-taxing the middle class to pay for the 300# lazy critters, lostand confused said:

tatupu70 says

Yes, it's nice to born into a wealthy family, isn't it? If your point is that only those folks who win the lottery at birth are allowed to go to college, then congrats

He made it -more so than many Ph.Ds.tatupu70 says

Learning a trade costs money too. How do you propose folks with no money do that?

Hmm, the word apprentice is not in the English language??
    tatupu70 says

If only life were so simple. I'm trying to improve the opportunity for folks who weren't as fortunate at birth.

Are you jesus???

tatupu70 says

lostand confused says

That is life. I think I deserve a beach house in Malibu. if I don't get it, do I go on a crime spree??

So you're equating the opportunity to go to college and better oneself with buying a beach house in Malibu?

Do you think the effect on society is the same in each case?

It depends on what you want in life. Bill gates is a college dropout who provided jobs to millions of highly educated folks. Didn't need any handouts. merit kids get scholarships. The rest can take a trade, do continuing education and build a life. There is dignity in labor-why is it ok for a Mexican to work the fields and why is it that an American needs tax money to support him??
    Where there is a will, there is a way. All you are doing is providing a reason for failure. There are millions of law abiding people who did not go to college-just because one makes less money-does not make them less of a human.

Diva24 says

So the average poor kid who can't get a merit scholarship doesn't deserve chance to go to college?

Don't be upset when a life of crime is the only other alternative

That is life. I think I deserve a beach house in Malibu. if I don't get it, do I go on a crime spree??

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 49 milliseconds to create.