Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 25 Jan 2015 in Solar Power is the near future of energy, CaptainShuddup said:

What do we do on a rainy day?

• On 24 Jan 2015 in Robots are coming to farm fields near you, CaptainShuddup said:

Electricity consumption would be a bitch.

• On 24 Jan 2015 in Robots are coming to farm fields near you, CaptainShuddup said:

Well if you're talking about a robotic arm slung off the back of a pickup truck bed as someone drives up and down the field then yes. But that would take up a lot of farming land. Either the truck track or the track for the robotic arms to move freely up and down the field like you would imagine in a factory setting.
    It's just not feasible or practical. We are a long way off before Asimo can take up the task of outdoor labor. Unless farming goes on a smaller scale, where there are high yield plots, that a robotic system plows, tils, plants, weed, fertilizes and harvest room sized plots. In a setting that has hundreds or even thousands of those micro high yield producing plots going at once.

indigenous says

Wouldn't be too sure about that, once a robot is paid for in 3-5 yrs it is free less maintenance.

I can't get a smartphone to last past three years. Do you really think they are going to make this first batch of humanoid robots out of the stuff they made the T1 series Terminators out of? IT's going to be plastic and Gorilla glass.
    Although supposed to be indestructible, if you drop it from 6 inches on its corner it shatters like Al Gore's presidential dreams.

• On 24 Jan 2015 in California DMV says Uber, Lyft cars must have commercial plates, CaptainShuddup said:

Liberal companies can't keep their damned mouth shut about how much money they are making. Attracting other Liberals wanting to tax it or regulate it, or basically cannibalize it and destroy it. Then beam with pride as ex-Uber drivers collect their welfarce check.

• On 24 Jan 2015 in Another Obozocare-taxing the middle class to pay for the 300# lazy critters, CaptainShuddup said:

Stuff like taxing insurance plans, medical devices, and now college money, you can't help but see exactly who's side this motherfucker is on.

Unless you're a Liberal of course, then it all make sense. The idea is to tax any son of a bitch that might have more or better than you. BUt the reality is when you don't have any work, prospects, skills or hope. A goddamned Cockroach has it better than a Liberal constituent.

The fucking useless slaves.

• On 23 Jan 2015 in Smarter people use iPhones - study, CaptainShuddup said:

Steve Jobs is dead and so is the Apple these people keep talking about.
    Apple is firmly in the Android based Galaxy/HTC/Nexus Clone business as of iPhone 6.

They really could have done great things with the Apple TV but dropped the ball on it. I don't think they will ever catch up with Sony, MS, Ruku and Google in the streaming Video service devices.

Apple is what's wrong with the Democrat party, the only smart one dies off then the whole company goes to hell.

• On 23 Jan 2015 in Obama Howls at the Moon, CaptainShuddup said:

Say you think he farts at the same time he howls at the moon?
    Or I know how about coughs and hacks because he's a smoker...

Aren't those things bad for you, and he taxed them more so people would sto... er I mean pay more for them... so he can get the tax money to pay for his smokes. That he huffs and puffs on while farts and howls at the moon.

• On 23 Jan 2015 in Here is something we can all agree on., CaptainShuddup said:

Conformity these days means you're on the wrong side if you're not a blithering idiot that okey dokes everything the Liberal media says.

Conformity use to mean abiding by a general consensus rule and honoring social tradition. Today it means shitting on them.

Give the Democrats another election cycle and they'll hijack Conservatism to mean marrying your gay poodle.

• On 23 Jan 2015 in Project status meetings a waste of time say workers, CaptainShuddup said:

Peter P says

Picking a tech stack is even more fun!

Or writing your own.

Httphandlers in the .net framework is what every single technology in the .net stack is written on. Yet it is the most underutilized feature in the .net framework. I write my own handlers and creative ways to call them as lightweight as possible, and I don't get a ton of crap with the ASP.NET page lifecycle or the zillion of dependencies that MC MVC throws into the mix.
    My applications are 5 to 10 times faster in my benchmark tests.

• On 23 Jan 2015 in Nothing Is Going to Save the Housing Market, CaptainShuddup said:

There's nothing to save. It's our jobs, economic and housing policies that needs saving. Not Iwogs bottom line.

• On 23 Jan 2015 in Cuba Libre, CaptainShuddup said:

thunderlips11 says

Why pay 5x more for Miami,

It will be 10X to live there when our developers get through.

Just wait until the Cubans start bitching about the Google bus.

• On 23 Jan 2015 in Project status meetings a waste of time say workers, CaptainShuddup said:

and a waste of money, I'm in the process of suing a company for $219K over them.

Long story short they are so screwed. Basically tried to make an outside developer partake in the daily insanity that is the IT department in Corporate America these days. My contract said I had no such obligations.
    Furthermore upon termination of the contract, they will pay contractor for all hours worked. Those fucksticks railroaded my project and had their 20 IT resources telegraph their responsibilities out to me, by delegating every task that they would have done had it been an inside project. I made the contract with a business unit and no such nonsense was ever discussed. Their internal IT department turned a 3 month project into a full year.

So NOW my lawyer sent them the bill for 365 days, 8 hours of work at $75 an hour. Some heads are going to roll over there, the lawyers are not happy. The IT people should have read my contract and understood the legal ramifications of their being butthurt then using unethical tactics to make my project inequitable. What's the legal phrase... ah yes...
    "I did work in good faith!"

You can fuck with me, but it isn't wise to underestimate me.

In a project status meeting or otherwise.

• On 23 Jan 2015 in Smarter people use iPhones - study, CaptainShuddup said:

That's an ole Elitist Liberal non news story posted at CNN.

It's a classic, why create new when the tired old crap is still warm?

• On 23 Jan 2015 in Bay Area police officers saved man from vicious animals, CaptainShuddup said:

Pit bulls have no use in a urban society. None what so ever.

The news has no less than 5 stories a year of a child getting mauled and killed by a pit bull and several adults, that just in Miami alone. Yet you never hear about a German Shepard or Doberman or any other not bull type dogs for that matter mauling and killing people.

If Pit Bulls were a product they would have been pulled years ago and the manufacturer sued for everything they had, and considered contraband by now.

• On 23 Jan 2015 in OpenTable, CaptainShuddup said:

Patrick says

it's more social, and you work harder because everyone can see when you're slacking off.

I'm the guy always leaning back in my chair with my arms on my head, or fighting the good fight on Patnet.
    But always deliver my tasks early.
    I hate working close proximity like that. I had this one guy who had a crappy water fountain, that he would turn on as soon as he got in the office. It sounded like someone pissing on a rock. Then if that wasn't bad enough, he would suck air in through his teeth all day. Then his water jug was a 3 quart jug, with a tiny spout. He would go fill it up at the water cooler and take all of the cold water when he did so. Then go back to his desk and pour him self an 8 ounce drink of water in his "#1 Dad" cup, that would go... "glug glug glug glug glug glug womawomp glug glug glug". Then set the jug aside and let the other 30 something ounces get room temperature. In the mean time the rest of the office was drinking pisswarm water until the cooler cooled more down.

I'm NOT a fan!

• On 22 Jan 2015 in Rosie Perez's Firing from the View Labeled as Racist, Claim White Spaniards., CaptainShuddup said:

She's dumber than a bag of Puerto Rican hammers.

Which would of course be Shoes in a Glad lawn bag, or in that case, shoes in Puerto Rican luggage.

I don't want to disparage her, but when they were handing out brains she thought they said jobs and said no thanks she didn't want to mess up her good thing she had going on down at the welfare office.

• On 22 Jan 2015 in Why did Star Trek's Data want to be more human?, CaptainShuddup said:

Because he didn't have any balls to lick, so he didn't want to be K9.

• On 21 Jan 2015 in Everyone Be Racist - They Come in All Colors., CaptainShuddup said:

"Russians have soul" Robin Williams

That thought has always trumped every Russian stereo type I've ever heard. Because when you realize that, then all of the stereotypes makes sense, from a cultural point of view. Without necessarily being a bad thing.

• On 21 Jan 2015 in Social media challenge for tech moguls to hire American, CaptainShuddup said:

Call it Crazy says

In all cases, they did not have a "help wanted" sign out, but I created the exact position I wanted and got hired at the salary level I wanted.

That was years ago, there's a lot of shit that I used to do, that years ago was the smart thing to do. But today can probably get you publicly shamed in the national media.

One of the biggest things these days with inept management, is you have really got to try not project that you know too much. Or the person hiring you will be threatened by you and not give you the job.

• On 21 Jan 2015 in Social media challenge for tech moguls to hire American, CaptainShuddup said:

Peter P says

Do not conflate qualification and employability.

One tip:

To improve your chances, you should learn to read body language. You have less than 90 seconds to communicate a "first" impression. Two immediate outcomes:

1. the interviewer will find reasons to accept you

2. the interviewer will find reasons to reject you

Your "qualifications" or skills or whatnots will not even sink in at this point. Do not fight an uphill battle. Make sure (1) happens or you may as well go home. Let your hiring manager help you.

Come on Peter, I have seen Indians or Chinese job seekers leave an interview, then the hiring manager come out and say.

"I didn't understand a word he said" but then they gave the job to them anyway.

• On 21 Jan 2015 in Everyone Be Racist - They Come in All Colors., CaptainShuddup said:

Saying southern black men like Fried Chicken and Watermelon is not a sin or a bad thing.

Trying to portray black people as inferior for liking Fried Chicken and Watermelon is ignorant and malicious.

It's not what people say, it's how they say it, that should always mater.

My 7 year old grandson always excitedly exclaims...

"Watermelon! OOOOOH I loooooooove watermelon!"

every time he sees one.

And I dance a jig every time the missus cooks up a batch of Southern Fried Chicken, which I originally taught her how to do, but now she does it better than anyone I know.

Only a Liberal and an ignorant Racist asshole can take two food items as great as Fried Chicken and Watermelon and give it racist connotations for even the mere mention of them. We know why racist assholes do it, but then again we don't elect them into high offices, now do we?

Blurtman says

Stereotyping can be offensive and harmful, especially when based upon a person's race.

Unless it's a certain class of citizens that can write code from a certain Asian geographic location, and at the same time one can stereotype American developers as unqualified. Just as long as it can save a corporation about 100,000 a year then Stereotyping is just GREAT!!!!

• On 21 Jan 2015 in Obama Howls at the Moon, CaptainShuddup said:

He didn't work with Pelosi or Reed either, he just talks shit in lieu of doing any meaningful leadership.

• On 21 Jan 2015 in Why 50% Of "Exceptional" America Gets Checks From Uncle Sam, CaptainShuddup said:

The last time a president gave everyone $500 it was to atone for all of his bankster buddy sins.

I was talking to a Liberal Okiedokie the other day. He was like that $500 was going be great. Then I reminded him that his monthly premiums were bigger. Also due to where that $500 is coming from, those companies and rich folk affected by the extra taxation will only recoupe their loss by raising the price of everything they sell. So you get $500 a year, but you'll pay more than $6,000 for the same goods and services you bought this year. It's going to cost you at least $5500 more a year to live.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 138 milliseconds to create.