comments by wave9x

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Wed, 15 Jul 2015, 10:27pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 1

Fucking deer are walking the streets in my neighborhood in broad daylight, chowing down on everyone's garden, and spreading Lyme disease. Friggin' annoying. The balance is way out of whack, this is why we can hunt deer and not mountain lions.

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Wed, 15 Jul 2015, 10:23pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 2

ISIS got bored with slicing off heads, so now they are turning to drowning, burning alive, etc. What will be the gruesome culmination of this? I'm not creative enough to know.

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Fri, 5 Jun 2015, 7:18am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (2)     Comment 3

That's what happens when you have few limits to immigration, you get a bunch of foreigners with allegiance to their home country living here. This results in the government being paranoid about its residents, and rightfully so.

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Fri, 29 May 2015, 7:03pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 4

This is a move so the Snapchat CEO can cash out before the bubble bursts on throwaway tech that a teen in their basement could whip up in a week. Good for him that he will make millions, or even billions, on a chat app of meager value. I just feel sorry for all the suckers who buy stock in this ridiculous company.

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Fri, 29 May 2015, 6:44pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 5

Uber adds cars to our roads. It was estimated that Uber has added 15 THOUSAND cars to the steets of SF. A driver needs to drop someone off, wait around, drive around, and drive to the next customer, and so on. A normal driver drives from point A to point B and parks. Uber and their ilk are INCREASING the strain on road infrastructure and emitting more carbon into our atmosphere. For these reasons, they need to be taxed to cover the associated costs. Maintaining roads and the air isn't free. Why should they hoard billions in profit while the public pays for the infrastructure and quality of life they destroy?

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Fri, 29 May 2015, 6:01pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 6

I have a pretty nice machine, Haswell 4790K i7 4GHz, GTX 970, 16 GB vengeance RAM, two 500gb SSDs, etc. all working great as a dual boot Hackintosh (for around $1.5k), so you don't have to compromise much, but venturing into the cutting edge will be tough. The GTX 970 is crazy powerful, it laughs at anything I throw at it.

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Fri, 29 May 2015, 9:20am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 7

I just built a Hackintosh. Apple doesn't build any computers with high end graphics cards (even the MacPro's are more geared towards stability over performance) so I went for it. It turned out to be kinda tricky, you have to tinker a lot, buy the right hardware, and so on. There are problems with Apple services like authenticating with iCloud, iMessage, and such. The one remaining problem I have, which I think can't be resolved, is that I can't play DRM movies in iTunes (movie rentals, etc.). Strange because I can play them in Windows, so I guess Apple has stronger DRM when running in OS X. I'm still trying to get that to work though.

Anyway, I can dual boot, so I'm no worse off than having a plain old Windows box, other than being a little restricted when buying hardware.

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Wed, 20 May 2015, 11:27pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (6)   Dislike     Comment 8

Politicians no longer serve the people, so they need emotionally charged issues like gay marriage or abortion to distract

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Tue, 7 Apr 2015, 6:50pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 9

Love the pic in that post. It is always a bunch of illegals holding up signs in Spanish, demanding more free shit, as if they aren't already milking the system dry.

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Thu, 26 Mar 2015, 8:14am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (2)     Comment 10

We can thank fucktard Bush and the Republican-supported corporate oligopoly for this. Remember the economic implosion of 2007-2008? Obama wasn't in office yet. Why anyone would support a party that wants to make everyone poor except corporate executives still baffles me. Is it the false hope they spread that one day, maybe you too will be one of the elite and benefit from their policies?

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Wed, 25 Feb 2015, 2:30am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (2)     Comment 11

The answer is to punish parents in some way for raising delinquents. This will help Hispanics as well, who tend to pop out 10 kids and let them roam wild and join gangs.

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Wed, 21 Jan 2015, 8:18am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 12

I am totally on board with increasing capital gains, but he should make the limit higher than $500k/yr and should make the limit related to cost of living in an area.

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Sat, 8 Nov 2014, 11:48am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 13

Half of Los Angeles is also Hispanic. Coincidence? No. Hispanics tend to crowd many adults into one house or apartment.

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Thu, 6 Nov 2014, 12:32am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 14

Everyone knows the rich are getting richer at the expense of everyone else. Yet the Republicans, the biggest panderers to the rich, just took control of Congress. America is fucked (unless you're rich).

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Fri, 24 Oct 2014, 12:49am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (3)   Dislike     Comment 15

It is easier for a politician, either Democratic or Republican, to cajole 1 rich guy swimming in disposable income for donations than 100 middle class folks who increasingly have trouble covering their bills. This is why the trend will continue no matter who is elected, unless laws change to remove the incentive to cater to the rich. Politicians will continue to distract from this by grandstanding about abortion and gay marriage, things that affect people's day to day life much less than the massive income gap and disappearing middle class.

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Mon, 22 Sep 2014, 12:51am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike (1)     Comment 16

Government pensions should either be eliminated or given to all citizens. What makes government workers so special that they deserve a pension and others do not? It used to be they would get crap pay in return for sweet benefits, but now their salaries are comparable.

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Sun, 31 Aug 2014, 2:38am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 17

No, they should micro trade stocks and TRULY contribute to the economy.

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Sun, 31 Aug 2014, 2:18am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 18

Correction to your title: "U.S. is so over owner-occupied homeownership". Unless it is government run housing, someone will own the property, generally corporations and the wealthy. To me, this is not a good thing no matter how you try to spin it.

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Thu, 14 Aug 2014, 1:36am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 19

BTW, the rent control proposal was shot down by the San Mateo city council shortly after it was presented. I'm sure it will rear it's ugly head again and in other cities.

wave9x   befriend   ignore   Wed, 13 Aug 2014, 2:19am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (3)   Dislike     Comment 20

Interestingly, this San Mateo study is spearheaded by the immigrant community there, who are getting priced out of the more ghetto areas by gentrification. Why the hell would San Mateo want to stop gentrification of these areas? Do they really want higher crime, higher welfare costs, worse schools, and lower property values (with less tax revenue)?

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about