Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 3 Feb 2014 in Can't believe prices have doubled in 2-3 years, wave9x said:

Carolyn C says

I have a home in Oakland you idiot! And I am not a RE troll dumb ass. Man you are stupid. And yes I have kids.

And this explains why you are saying crime is no big deal in Oakland, because you want your house value to go up. Oakland has worse crime than any other city in California (including Compton, Stockton, Richmond, and EPA). It is in the top 10 most dangerous cities to live in the entire U.S.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/neighborhoods/crime-rates/top100dangerous/

The time you spend covering up the problem would be better spent trying to fix the problem. And there IS a problem.

• On 30 Jan 2014 in Can't believe prices have doubled in 2-3 years, wave9x said:

Malkovich says

I hate those self-entitled land barons on Redfin BA forum with a fucking passion. I read that forum for a while and it has nothing to do with buying RE. It is a bunch of douche-nozzle old-school landlords rubbing their hands together like midas and joyously discussing the their rising net worth and exchanging land baron tips and tricks.

No offense, but isn't this what you are asking for here? Tips and tricks on becoming one of the land barons you supposedly despise? I am guessing if you bought 2 years ago you would be singing a different tune.

• On 24 Jan 2014 in Is San Francisco, the most overvalued US housing market, going to crash?, wave9x said:

I see the tech sector getting stronger in the U.S., if current policies hold. If we get a BS president (I.e. Republican) in office who panders to the corporate elite, that could change. Hate on Obama all you want, but I feel he has at least stabilized our downward spiral of outsourcing intellectual work. I still am baffled why anyone not in the top 1% would vote Republican at this point.

• On 22 Jan 2014 in Is San Francisco, the most overvalued US housing market, going to crash?, wave9x said:

The only way it will crash is if there is an exodus from the Bay Area and demand plummets. Rents are stratospheric right now, so renting as an alternative to buying is not a good option (unless you have some sweet guaranteed rental deal like Patrick). This was NOT the case during the bubble, when rents were comparatively low.

I think many people on here compare renting a dumpy studio to buying a 3/2 SFH in a nice area. If you do that, then yes, it will be cheaper to rent. BTW I speak for the SF mid-Peninsula market, not sure about other areas. A west-side 3/2 SFH will rent for around $4k/mo. That supports a purchase price of well over $1m. Plug it into your favorite rent vs buy spreadsheet and you will see.

• On 21 Jan 2014 in Is San Francisco the future of every city in America, wave9x said:

John Bailo says

a couple working in tech pulling 200k+ probably won't have that difficult of a time affording SF

Then why is anyone complaining?!

The ones complaining generally do not work in tech and resent all of the pompous and obnoxious tech dweebs taking over SF.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 177 milliseconds to create.