comments by The Professor

The Professor   befriend (4)   ignore (3)   Thu, 25 Dec 2014, 10:23am PST   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 1

Do you know if Zillow is accurate?

The Professor   befriend (4)   ignore (3)   Thu, 25 Dec 2014, 10:02am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 2

According to Zillow (http://www.zillow.com/homes/California_rb/) , There are 108K properties for sale and 56K in trouble (foreclosed and pre-foreclosed) in California. Are these numbers accurate? How much longer do you think there will be so many loans in trouble?

The Professor   befriend (4)   ignore (3)   Sat, 20 Dec 2014, 9:48am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 3

FortWayne says

If Jesus was on a ballot

He would get crucified before election day.

The Professor   befriend (4)   ignore (3)   Sat, 20 Dec 2014, 1:07am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 4

Money used to mean silver and gold. When paper was issued it was backed by gold and silver. A dime was real money with which you could buy a beer or a couple of candy bars.

Dimes and quarters are now fiat tokens. Pennies and nickels, especially nickels, are closer to face value. The mint creates these two denominations at a loss every year.

Nickels have been the same weight and composition since 1866. They contain more than face value worth of metal and cost way more than face value to mint. It's not sustainable

Federal reserve notes are backed by debt. Trillions of units of dollars are being produced out of thin air to pay for government programs and wars.

It's not sustainable.

The Professor   befriend (4)   ignore (3)   Fri, 19 Dec 2014, 8:49am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 5

Why would we want to hold such a fiat commodity? Don't you know it is just part of a 5,000 year old bubble? A barbaric relic from when homo sapiens was attracted to anything shiny.

The Professor   befriend (4)   ignore (3)   Thu, 18 Dec 2014, 10:56pm PST   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 6

Roberto?

The Professor   befriend (4)   ignore (3)   Tue, 16 Dec 2014, 11:27pm PST   Share   Quote   Like (3)   Dislike     Comment 7

Mish says

New Poll Shows US Citizens in Every Demographic Support Torture

The question was: If you knew your child could be saved if we tortured a terrorist would you approve?

Surprisingly, many did!

The Professor   befriend (4)   ignore (3)   Sat, 13 Dec 2014, 12:56am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 8

With such an intense fire, I am surprised the steel did not melt.

Everyone knows that office fires can cause steel framed buildings to collapse.

The Professor   befriend (4)   ignore (3)   Fri, 12 Dec 2014, 9:19am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 9

iwog says

I'm still not sure how I'm going to play this.

Yams and bullets.

(this should not be considered financial advice.)

The Professor   befriend (4)   ignore (3)   Fri, 12 Dec 2014, 9:16am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 10

iwog says

Around 2017.

The world will go on.

The Professor   befriend (4)   ignore (3)   Tue, 9 Dec 2014, 1:44pm PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 11

BUY NOW OR BE PRICED OUT FOREVER!!!

The Professor   befriend (4)   ignore (3)   Mon, 8 Dec 2014, 12:00pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 12

Graybox says

Means nothing at this this time.

It's different this this time.

Just messin' with you GB. Patnet is very strict on spelling and grammar!

The Professor   befriend (4)   ignore (3)   Mon, 8 Dec 2014, 11:48am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 13

Healthcare for all! Not insurance reform. Cut out those bloodsucking middlemen!

The Professor   befriend (4)   ignore (3)   Mon, 8 Dec 2014, 11:30am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 14

Strategist says

They are not buying any gold, they are just changing the location of the gold they already have. Is that right, or am I missing something?

They want it back!

It seems more and more countries don't trust the US with their gold.

The Professor   befriend (4)   ignore (3)   Sat, 6 Dec 2014, 2:18am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 15

CaptainShuddup says

Bush said there's no question Clinton is formidable, but his brother is, as well.

Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum; pick your poison.

The Professor   befriend (4)   ignore (3)   Sat, 6 Dec 2014, 1:59am PST   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 16

bgamall4 says

every single woman must have 2.1 children

That is just wrong!

Single women should not be having fractional children!

They should be married and have whole children.

Or am I just sexist?

The Professor   befriend (4)   ignore (3)   Sat, 6 Dec 2014, 12:23am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 17

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says

Unless America is Free to endorse naziism, then America's victory in WW II has no meaning!

TRUTH!

The Professor   befriend (4)   ignore (3)   Sat, 6 Dec 2014, 12:14am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 18

indigenous says

What kind of bike was that?

Kawasaki KZ100ST. The shaft drive made it handle a bit squirrelly in the curves but it sure did go fast straight through the desert.

These kind of stunts are best for the track or the salt flats. I had no business going more than twice the speed limit. I could have killed myself or some other driver. The police probably should have arrested me.

The Professor   befriend (4)   ignore (3)   Fri, 5 Dec 2014, 6:08am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 19

Call it Crazy says

He did not shoot me.

Wow... You too??

I got pulled over when I was riding my Kawasaki through the Mojave desert at about 140 MPH. The police converged on me and as soon as I saw the lights I pulled over and stopped.

Cops jumped out of their cars and rushed towards me and looked as though they were going to kick my butt, "WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO IN SUCH A HURRY!!!".

I calmly removed my helmet, showing them I was a clean cut young white man, and replied, "I'm sorry officer, I just like to ride fast".

They quickly calmed down, wrote me a misdemeanor speeding ticket, and let me go on my way. I had to go to court in Mojave months later and my misdemeanor was reduced to an infraction and I was fined $400(1970's dollars).

I too was not shot.
But I was young and acting stupid. Had I handled myself differently I probably would have had sore wrists at the minimum.

The Professor   befriend (4)   ignore (3)   Thu, 4 Dec 2014, 10:54pm PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Comment 20

bob2356 says

The Professor says

There are still 60,000 pre-foreclosure 15,000 foreclosures not yet on the market, 3,000 foreclosures on the market and only 110,000 for sale properties in California. How can you say the foreclosure part is over?

There are 60k preforclosure in a state of 40 million people and something like 8 million homes. Wow, be still my beating heart. That's like less than 1% isn't it? That actually sounds really low.

You are aware it's December, the slowest month for housing listings of the year aren't you?

The number of for sale listings have gone down and pre-foreclosures are up. There are a lot of people that owe more than the property is worth.

How can you say the foreclosure part of the crash is over when more than half as many homes are heading for foreclosure as are for sale?

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about   free bumper sticker  

please recommend patrick.net to your friends