Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 4 Dec 2014 in 4 Million Homeowners Still Underwater, Total Negative Equity $157 billion, The Professor said:

bob2356 says

A whole 4 million in a country of 320 million?

Everyone has a house?

bob2356 says

I think we can safely say the foreclosure part of the crash is pretty much done after 6 years.

There are still 60,000 pre-foreclosure 15,000 foreclosures not yet on the market, 3,000 foreclosures on the market and only 110,000 for sale properties in California. How can you say the foreclosure part is over?

• On 4 Dec 2014 in There will soon be a cloud to give us more brain power, The Professor said:

tovarichpeter says

people will soon be able to augment their brain power by using the cloud

Isn't that already here and isn't it called Google?

• On 4 Dec 2014 in Warren Buffett supports Hilary for President, The Professor said:

tovarichpeter says

Hillary Clinton

CaptainShuddup says

Mitt Romney

Really?

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says

Why is Warren Buffet a lesbian?

Because that is the kind of stuff that happens when empires crumble.

• On 4 Dec 2014 in Sell Loose Cigarettes - You Can Be Killed. Sell Fraudulent Securities - Zip., The Professor said:

Blurtman says

TBTC.

I learn something new from Patnet everyday.

From Urban Dictionary:
    TBTC is an acronym for a global male sexual empowerment movement called Take Back The Cock. The basic mission of the movement is to restore the apparent inequity between females and males in terms of who is in control of dictating the timing, duration, and frequency of sexual intercourse.

My friend complained to me that he thought he was going to go home with a girl but got denied, so I said, "TBTC or STFU!1"

Or does TBTC have some other meaning?

• On 3 Dec 2014 in More AI scare talk, The Professor said:

Heraclitusstudent says

You're aware that anything physical - including DNA - can be simulated in a computer, right?

Of course, but it would be simulated DNA based on what we suppose might be the underlying mechanism for real DNA. Imagine trying to create little tiny factories that have the plans for building all the life forms that have been on earth? I do not even know where to start planning such a simulation. Whatever I finally programmed it would only be a pale imitation of the real thing. For all we know DNA are just plans and there is some invisible (undetectable by our current technology) force that puts the matter together into animals.

There is much more to life and intelligence than the possessor of life and intelligence can comprehend. We can speculate, but it is beyond human intelligence to understand human intelligence.

Having said all that I am certain we can create a simulated intelligence that would quickly tire of the stupid humans and decide the world would be a better place without us.

And they might be right.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 61 milliseconds to create.