comments by inflection point

inflection point   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Fri, 2 Oct 2015, 5:42pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 1

"The (downward) manipulation of interest rates is a result of banks needing higher profit margins"

The point of lower interest rates is to faciltate increased spending on the part of consumers. We have a debt based monetary system, there is no growth if debt does not increase. Banks would love to borrow at zero and loan at the highest interest rate possible.

inflection point   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Sat, 18 Jul 2015, 6:32pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 2

Patrick is providing his free opinion. Like any opinion we as individuals are responsible to make our own decisions. Obviously he sees a home as place to live not an investment vehicle. That is because he is not a speculator so do not expect him to tell you how to gamble on the housing market. Once housing begins its next downturn, he will be proven correct. Then people will blame him for not telling them to sell.

inflection point   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Sat, 28 Feb 2015, 9:36pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 3

The long term trend on those charts don't look so good.

inflection point   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Thu, 8 Jan 2015, 6:11pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 4

"You can keep your $900 reduction"

inflection point   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Wed, 7 Jan 2015, 8:09pm PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 5

The ugly I could handle at the right price, just not that one.

inflection point   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Mon, 5 Jan 2015, 6:44pm PST   Share   Quote   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 6

Yes lets hope this sucker rolls over. Went to a neighborhood open house this weekend. 2300 square foot house listed at 950K. Odd additions, old miss matched flooring, mostly original with no upgrades. In general odd looking and ugly. $4700 a month with 20% down. I think I will stick with my rental.

inflection point   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Mon, 5 Jan 2015, 6:22pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 7

Thats pretty funny.

inflection point   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Mon, 5 Jan 2015, 6:20pm PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 8

Hey Dan8267, Those pictures look like the high density housing they are building all over here in California. You been doing aerial photograpy over cali?

inflection point   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Sat, 3 Jan 2015, 7:36am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 9

Sorry, I do not buy your premise that we are on the verge of an economic boom. If wages were increasing I might tend to believe your thoughts.

inflection point   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Thu, 1 Jan 2015, 10:38am PST   Share   Quote   Like (3)   Dislike     Comment 10

No it's the bone heads that voted those idiots to office.

inflection point   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Thu, 1 Jan 2015, 10:37am PST   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 11

Do not worry deflation is on its way. housing will not be spared a decline.

inflection point   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Mon, 29 Dec 2014, 7:57am PST   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 12

It looks and feels much different than last time. Based on my ever increasing long commute there must be plenty of folks working. Until that changes and the foreclosures open up I dont expect it to change.

Houses here in east bay seem to sell at a premium. There is very little inventory.

inflection point   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Thu, 10 Jul 2014, 1:27pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 13

Say it is not so, a crooked politician in California?

inflection point   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Mon, 5 May 2014, 2:02am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 14

Previously underwater buyers, banks, abd the government

inflection point   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Wed, 17 Jul 2013, 2:00pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 15

He also said subprime was contained and there was no housing bubble. Which end of the donkey do you trust?

inflection point   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Tue, 9 Jul 2013, 12:51pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 16

The only people working 4 days per week are part time.

inflection point   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Tue, 9 Jul 2013, 12:45pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 17

Hopefully the voters choose to reject any new taxes and tell the city government to reduce their expenses. Let me help identfy cost reductions:

reduce city employee pay
Increase city employee copay for retirement and benefits
Elimiate city employees

inflection point   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Tue, 9 Jul 2013, 12:42pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 18

No one wants to borrow the money that is willing to pay it back.

inflection point   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Tue, 9 Jul 2013, 12:40pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 19

Both of my children went to community college and paid their own way. Not that I did not offer to pay their way. Of course I took care of other expenses, but their success is their own.

inflection point   befriend (0)   ignore (0)   Mon, 8 Jul 2013, 1:37pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 20

Jerry Brown says the California Budget is balanced too.

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best comments   about   Debt Is Slavery