Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 4 Jun 2013 in Capitulation: I will Never Own, inflection point said:

donjumpsuit

I split the rent with my wife too. However I think what I am saving on rent is offset by her other expeditures. At least you can compartmentalize some of those extra expenses with a girlfriend.

• On 4 Jun 2013 in Higher inventory causes rental rates to fall flat, inflection point said:

I would specify that rents appear flat from 2012 for SFH 4/3 in Fremont. There are many more rentals from which to choose.

• On 4 Jun 2013 in New house price boom unlikely, inflection point said:

In Patrick I trust. Oops incoming news for the housing bulls:

Colony American Homes Inc. postponed the pricing of its initial public offering Tuesday, citing market conditions, according to a person familiar with the matter.

The Scottsdale, Ariz.-based firm had expected its IPO of 20 million shares to be priced between $11.50 and $13 each.

Colony American's postponement follows a selloff in shares of real-estate investment trusts the past two weeks, as the prospect of interest rates' eventual rise has dulled the shine of high-dividend-paying stocks. REITs, property-owning companies that pay most of their taxable income to shareholders as dividends, had gained appeal as an alternative to bonds in recent years, as historically low interest rates left investors searching for income.

The single-family landlord would be the latest in a new class of REITs that have gotten a tepid reception from investors: those formed to buy single-family houses, rather than larger buildings like apartment complexes or office towers.

Another such company, American Residential Properties Inc. (ARPI), saw its May IPO price at the low end of expectations and the stock has dropped 8.6% since. Silver Bay Realty Trust Corp. (SBY) the first single-family REIT, has fallen 3.7% since its December debut.

Colony American Homes was formed last year and seeks to buy houses in mid- and upscale neighborhoods with low crime and good school districts. As of April 30, the company owned at least partial shares in 9,931 homes in nine states, including California and Georgia. Veteran real-estate investor Thomas Barrack, founder of private equity real estate firm Colony Capital LLC, serves as chairman of Colony American.

The company plans to list on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "CAHS." Credit Suisse Group AG, Morgan Stanley and Bank of America Corp. are the deal's managers.

• On 3 Jun 2013 in Higher inventory causes rental rates to fall flat, inflection point said:

Single family rentals are definitely on the increase in the sf bay area (east bay)

• On 3 Jun 2013 in U.S. Economy Drowning in a Liquidity Trap?, inflection point said:

Its not a liquidity trap if you are in the 1% that can front run the fed.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 286 milliseconds to create.