Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 26 Aug 2014 in My first real estate bear thread (ever), Dan8267 said:

iwog says

My first real estate bear thread (ever)

Mine, too.

• On 26 Aug 2014 in Gun safety instructor shot and killed by student, Dan8267 said:

Vacca was standing next to the girl at the Last Stop outdoor shooting range in White Hills when she pulled the trigger and the recoil sent the gun over her head, investigators said.

Yeah, 'cause she's nine.

• On 26 Aug 2014 in Gun safety instructor shot and killed by student, Dan8267 said:

A 9-year-old girl accidentally killed an Arizona shooting instructor as he was showing her how to use an automatic Uzi, authorities said Tuesday.

OK, you can stop reading there and file this under "duh".

tovarichpeter says

Gun safety instructor accidentally shot and killed by student

He didn't do his job well.

• On 26 Aug 2014 in Less domestic violence in couples who smoke pot, Dan8267 said:

Well, there you have it. The health and safety benefits of pot outweigh all the fictional problems.

Now I'm not recommending pot. It is, after all, a false high no different than getting drunk or going to church, but clearly it should not be illegal. The only reasons I can find for pot being illegal that are consistent with observable reality are
    1. Increasing the profits of prisons, both public and state.
    2. Making sure that minorities can't vote.

And really, isn't that what's always been about?

The next time some idiot says that pot has to be illegal "for the children" or to make sure that children don't get it, I'm going to refer to this study and tell them that they are increasing the number of children who experience and witness domestic violence, so we have to make it legal "for the children".

• On 26 Aug 2014 in Half of Gen Xers still underwater, Dan8267 said:

Ceffer says

By underwater, I think they mean below sea level in their Mom's basements.

No, those are the half that aren't underwater.

• On 26 Aug 2014 in Half of Gen Xers still underwater, Dan8267 said:

tovarichpeter says

Half of Gen Xers still underwater

The half that listened to Iwog and bought.

• On 26 Aug 2014 in When Someone Does You Wrong..Don't Start Plotting Revenge, Dan8267 said:

New Renter says

HydroCabron says

I don't rent space in my brain to assholes.

If you have a job you rent brain space to assholes 8-12 hrs a day.

True, but it's better than renting your ass-space to brainiacs.

• On 26 Aug 2014 in When Someone Does You Wrong..Don't Start Plotting Revenge, Dan8267 said:

ohomen171 says

They will always get their punishment.

Not true, but also not important. What's important is to not waste what little time you have in existence on something as non-productive and unfulfilling as revenge.

Revenge made sense in the Stone Age, when tolerating slights decreased your chance of mating and increased your chance of getting killed or starving to death. It does not make sense in the modern world where there are 7+ billion people and you rarely have to interact with same people more than once if you don't want to.

Put simply, revenge is an obsolete emotion.

• On 26 Aug 2014 in Lindsey Graham Comes Out of the Closet, Finally! His Friends Are Shocked!, Dan8267 said:

In related news, Lindsey Graham Calls Marco Rubio 'Son of Ronald Reagan'

Persons offended by this remark include...

Ron Reagan, JR, President Reagan's actual son, who happens to be openly gay.

• On 25 Aug 2014 in Cops raping everyone, Dan8267 said:

Strategist says

Should we get rid of cops?

False dichotomy. I never implied that.

What we should do is

1. Monitor cops whenever they are on duty, possess a gun, or are wearing a police uniform or badge. Cameras with audio should be embedded in the badge and cap. The feed should be public.

2. Prosecute cops who commit crimes in a court system that is independent of the court system used to try civilians. This is necessary because the judges and prosecutors in the civilian court system have an inescapable conflict on interest when prosecuting and trying cops that prevents fair and honest trials.

This same court system should also be used to prosecute other government officials who break the law including judges and lawyers. No organization can police itself, especially not the police and the court systems.

3. Fines, lawsuit awards, and settlements to victims should come first from the cops who committed the crimes, second from the salaries and pensions of cops and former cops unless they actively pursued arresting the criminal cop(s), and finally from the salaries and pensions of politicians in the executive and legislative branches. It should not come from tax payer dollars.

This reform will
    - punish the criminals, not the tax payers
    - act as an incentive to not commit crimes
    - act as an incentive to other cops to not tolerate crimes by other cops and to not cover them up
    - act as an incentive to the legislative and executive branch to not tolerate police crimes

4. Prosecute with prison time the crimes committed by cops rather than giving them paid vacations. Committing a crime while being a cop does not mitigate the crime, it enhances the crime because the criminal is abusing the power of the state to aid in commission of that crime.

5. If a cop commits a felony, neither he nor anyone in his immediate family for two generations can become/stay a cop. This will break up "cop families" with a history of corruption and act as incentive to not break the law. This should happen on the first felony committed.

6. Police forces should not have access to any weapons or armor that the common citizen does not have access to. This includes, but is not limited to, military surplus equipment that citizens cannot buy or possess.

7. Any cop that
    - tells someone to stop videoing
    - threatens someone with arrest for not complying with an order that the law does not require compliance with
    - threatens with violence a person who is not being violent
    should immediately lose his job and have charges levied against him.

• On 25 Aug 2014 in Cops raping everyone, Dan8267 said:

Strategist says

Dan8267 says

Cops raping everyone

Dan, why do you post this nonsense?

Obviously, neither you nor Crazy have read any of the articles presented. If you had, you would realize how offensive your article is to the millions of victims.

• On 24 Aug 2014 in Cops raping everyone, Dan8267 said:

Once again, you demonstrate your position's weakness by avoiding to address the evidence presented.

• On 24 Aug 2014 in Worst mistakes people make in their 20s, Dan8267 said:

Rin says

And 'nice' ones, who happen to not be investment bankers.

The null set.

3. They equate happiness with money sex.

BayAreaObserver says

Worst mistakes people make in their 20s

They spend way too much time on Patrick.net.

Blurtman says

Youth is wasted on the young.

And experience is wasted on the old.

BayAreaObserver says

Worst mistakes people make in their 20s

1. They think education and talent are enough to become successful.

1. They think education and talent and working hard for decades are enough to become successful.

• On 24 Aug 2014 in Very talented writer gets suspended for writing Gun in a paper, Dan8267 said:

The Summerville Police Department defended the arrest. They said Alex was charged with disorderly conduct when he became disruptive after school officials confronted him about what he wrote.

Just more bad cops that should be arrested. The student should sue both the police department and the school. He did nothing illegal or unethical. They, however, did.

• On 24 Aug 2014 in The long history of police brutality in the U.S., Dan8267 said:

Call it Crazy says

Did I say EVERYTHING???

Yep. You sure as hell haven't given cause to discredit specific videos.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 471 milliseconds to create.