Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 14 Sep 2014 in I never should have followed my dreams, FortWayne said:

Poor kid, followed his dreams. In America we always tell our kids to follow their dreams, a good dose of reality there in that article. It's too easy to fail.

• On 14 Sep 2014 in Stop predicting the dollar will collapse, FortWayne said:

iwog says

The dollar will always collapse tomorrow........tomorrow......Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow..........

Only the paranoid survive. In that book I recommended above there is some good advice on how to structure finances to be all right. Ironically housing isn't a good one, since it gets manipulated by government action.

• On 14 Sep 2014 in Why your house is NOT a terrible investment (or at least my house), FortWayne said:

Each story is truly different. I know some people who live in rent controlled place, their annual rent is less than my property taxes. And I know people whose property taxes are about 500/year... pittance.

Debt is still slavery, I know so many more people who were truly screwed by the housing bubble and bust. Many lost all their life savings, it's 20 years of their savings down the drain just like that. The only thing I can say about it at the end of the day is that wall street really fucked almost every American over.

I see a lot of people being real stupid with housing today. Some, mostly immigrants, are willing to go into slavery just to live in one, they'll overpay, they'll suffer, they'll get two jobs... and for what? So they could live like refugees and eventually foreclose when shit hits the fan? Some people can never be helped.

• On 14 Sep 2014 in Warning: Your property tax bill may suddenly go up, FortWayne said:

Call it Crazy says

Maybe it's because we had liberals running this place too in the past...

It isn't just liberals, we had some wanna-be conservatives who were raising taxes. It used to be very widespread, they never let their books and spending get audited kind of like LADWP these days, so they just tax the hell out of residents and gave all that money away in crony deals to their friends.

That led to a lot of unrest back in the days. Eventually paving way for our prop 13. The only way to limit all that government thuggery was to cut off their ability to strong-arm home owners. You should suggest something like that to NJ state government.

Only a few liberals run around complaining about prop 13, but they always whine day and night about how life is not fair... nothing new there.

• On 14 Sep 2014 in CA budget deficit was closed by taxes on the rich, FortWayne said:

iwog says

Austrian dipshits actually predicted tax revenues would fall with higher taxes. Laffer curve idiocy and all that.

What happened??????????

He increased taxes last minute, see how it works out in a long run when markets have time to react. Where is Tesla building their solar plant... it isn't CA that's for sure.

• On 13 Sep 2014 in Palin sorry for getting Obama elected., FortWayne said:

Quigley says

At least she can see the forest. Our stupid politicians keep letting these arab Muslims into our country, where they sell rugs until it's time to go on jihad. Something like 600-900 ISIS fighters traveled there from America. It's stupid to let people into your house that hate you and pray for your death. Islam can't claim this "religion of peace" horse shit anymore. They've declared war. Peace was never a part of their satanic "holy book."

Amen, all those muslims out there are complete nuts!

• On 13 Sep 2014 in Warning: Your property tax bill may suddenly go up, FortWayne said:

Call it Crazy says

Let's change "may" to "will"...

You guys in CA have it easy... Take a look at my past tax history of my last house I sold (This was one of the reasons WHY I sold).

Note, there was NO change to the assessed value during this time.

That is a highway robbery!

It's one of the many reasons why prop 13 passed out here, stopped government from beating down home owners with extreme taxes every year. Because they were nuts with corruption and tax&spend policies.

You should move to CA, nice weather. Sure we have lots of liberals and cost of living is pretty high, but it really isn't that expensive if you stay away from Bay Area.

• On 13 Sep 2014 in Stop predicting the dollar will collapse, FortWayne said:

Iwog you should read "Death of Money" by James Rickards. Really good stuff, puts a lot of things in perspective about currencies, world banks, Brics, and forces of nature.

I don't think it'll happen in our generation, but it is a known unknown. I don't know when it'll happen.

• On 13 Sep 2014 in Warning: Your property tax bill may suddenly go up, FortWayne said:

That is expected, they are still pegged to initial value at the time of purchase. And that is fine, just be glad prop 13 keeps property taxes from going up and down like roller coaster because dickheads on wall street manipulate RE market for profit.

• On 12 Sep 2014 in Minimum wage increase in Los Angeles (Yay or Nay?), FortWayne said:

indigenous says

The reality is that if there is an increase in the money supply compared to price discovery, it will result in an increase in prices, like any other inflation. This is part of the higher cost of RE in the bay area. This is why the hardware business was great around Sutters Mill.

A lot of people don't understand it. They think there is a benefit, they just don't see how short lived that benefit is. For a few month, maybe even a whole year it's a benefit... until prices catch up and everyone is just more f*cked at the end of it.

• On 11 Sep 2014 in Ukraine crisis: Leaked US phone call appears online, FortWayne said:

marcus says

How do you begrudge people for doing thier job ? The same job that diplomats have always been doing. That recording only shows people working hard at their jobs, and it wasn't supposed to be public.

This is really old now, but I didn't bring it up.

Obamas job is to make life in America better, feels like they are just dicking around middle east and Russia now instead, with no benefit to US taxpayers in any way shape or form. How is that "public service"?

Even your Karl Marx union gets nothing out of it, just paying the bill for all kinds of military interventions.

• On 11 Sep 2014 in The Other Side Of Obama's Latest War: The Costs, Summarized In One Chart, FortWayne said:

They all overspend. Bush spent astronomical amounts of money in Iraq, now Obama is doing some of it. I hate this entire situation personally.

• On 9 Sep 2014 in 11 Ways You Know You Live In A Country Run By Idiots, FortWayne said:

So true! Good reflection on the absurdity in our government.

• On 9 Sep 2014 in Minimum wage increase in Los Angeles (Yay or Nay?), FortWayne said:

Strategist says

Call it Crazy says

What causes inflation?

Higher wages not based on productivity will definitely add to inflation...."Wage push inflation"

I think so too. Costs will rise to absorb the additionally generated income.

• On 8 Sep 2014 in Minimum wage increase in Los Angeles (Yay or Nay?), FortWayne said:

Quigley says

14/hour? What would be the point of all the Mexicans, then? Shit, the maid would probably want more money...

Alternatively we could wait and see how this kind of action affects Seattle, let that city be the canary...

Seattle isn't that close to Mexico. Out in LA if I need an illegal all I have to do is come outside a whistle. They'll come faster than Thing One and Thing Two from Dr. Seuss.

• On 7 Sep 2014 in Why your house is a terrible investment, FortWayne said:

Bellingham Bill says

While the past can't predict the future, clearly the current status quo is biased towards a rising cost of living in housing.

That's the problem with more dual income families. Once families start to have 2 working members to pay for the house, prices increase. You aren't going to get this kind of a jump again unless society restructures to a 3 income family ownership...

• On 7 Sep 2014 in Chinese house builder betting on Bay Area housing bubble, FortWayne said:

Those assholes from overseas have way too much spare money. Kind of ironic that it's our spending on stupid shit made in China fueling them coming over here buying our land pricing American families out.

I think government should do something about this!

• On 2 Sep 2014 in ISIS beheads another American jounalist., FortWayne said:

Those people are animals out there. Should have nuked them like Japan in WW2 and be done with it.

• On 1 Sep 2014 in So Much for the iCloud Security Measures - HACKED!!, FortWayne said:

NSA and their staff are already watching and cataloging all this, what's another few eyes on all this information?

• On 1 Sep 2014 in Obama wore the wrong suit today., FortWayne said:

marcus says

FortWayne says

Reagan made any suit look good, he was a man above the suit. Obama on the other hand...

I find this comment fascinating.

Why are you holding back marcus, that's not like you.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 311 milliseconds to create.