Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 31 Jan 2015 in Sodomy Laws Still Exist!, FortWayne said:

Peter P says

FortWayne says

This isn't "Puritan" Peter, it's just common sense that liberals dont like.

Only a puritan will see puritan absurdities as common sense.

I'm not a Puritan, it's just odd to see liberals who see their absurdities as common sense.

Peter, if everyone would be allowed to do everything they wanted the way liberals do, our nation would collapse in a day, way faster than Roman empire.

• On 30 Jan 2015 in Sodomy Laws Still Exist!, FortWayne said:

This isn't "Puritan" Peter, it's just common sense that liberals dont like.

• On 29 Jan 2015 in What I love about Pat.net, FortWayne said:

zzyzzx says

I also love being able to go to the best of section, because that's where I find a lot of gems posted APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch that I somehow missed.

I have to confess, I do enjoy reading those too.

• On 28 Jan 2015 in The Winner in the Generational Financial War goes to the....Boomers!, FortWayne said:

Call it Crazy says

After reading this thread, I can only recommend one thing:

On another note, after all the taxes I paid into the system they damn better pay me back with interest.

• On 28 Jan 2015 in The Winner in the Generational Financial War goes to the....Boomers!, FortWayne said:

HydroCabron says

FortWayne says

But if you let politicians divide us by generations now

If by "now", you mean "since 5600 BC", then that's what they're doing now.

You'd think we would evolve as a race to not fall for that politician trick anymore right...

Dan8267 says

And this is exactly why the Affordable Care Act is bad. The Millennials, a poor and in-debt for no fault of their own generation, is forced to pay for the health care of Boomers, the richest generation ever.

That isn't why this healthcare act was passed. But if you let politicians divide us by generations now, since black/white isn't that profitable politically. God help us, stupid is plenty available.

• On 27 Jan 2015 in Whats Bigger Than a $1.4 Billion Mortgage Ratings Scandal?, FortWayne said:

You know, this is really sad. If in last 10 years we did exact opposite of S&P told us to, we'd all be millionaires right now.

To be fair, I never cared for S&P as I'm not a professional investor anyway.

• On 27 Jan 2015 in Buy a house now or wait? (San Diego), FortWayne said:

If you have a pension you probably have a government job, and those are very stable. It's not a bad time to buy I think if you are in a stable place. In our area (LA) prices dropped lately.

Of course you should consider all the decisions related to buying a house. It is never cheap to own, renting in CA is generally much cheaper. If you are getting into a fixer upper to save money, make sure you have a lot of time and spare budget left for fixing, and make sure plumbing and electrical are in good shape. Most flips out there is just new paint and carpet, they don't actually fix the important stuff.

• On 27 Jan 2015 in Fiscal austerity......., FortWayne said:

iwog says

Simple default.

Stupid investors decided to stack money into an economy that was strangled by the Euro and obviously insolvent. They should pay the price for putting money into a bad investment. That is the solution for Greece.

As far as the United States is concerned, we need to return to pre-1981 tax and trade laws and remove Republicans from power and then the deficit and debt will slowly recover.

In fact we really don't need to pay back the national debt. Ever. All we need to do is restrict its growth to less than growth in the GDP and slowly over time it will become insignificant.

You can't just default as a nation.

And the problem with "restrict it's growth to that below of GDP growth" is that it becomes an unbearable problem in the bust cycle where GDP is negative or low and debt is skyrocketing.

There isn't an easy way out of it. The only thing I can really think of is cutting military spending, but we both know that ain't happening no matter what anyone thinks.

• On 27 Jan 2015 in Fiscal austerity......., FortWayne said:

And how do you plan to address the debt Iwog? We can't spend our way into prosperity either.

• On 26 Jan 2015 in Sarah Palin incoherent meltdown in Iowa, FortWayne said:

I think she was right on the money there. Problem isn't average working American, which government wants you to blame. Democrats blame previous generation, Republicans blame current generation. And they are both wrong. Problem is with government, they are the problem, they are not doing their jobs, they are spending all their time bickering and dividing this nation.

So I think Sarah got that one right.

• On 26 Jan 2015 in Robots are coming to farm fields near you, FortWayne said:

Straw Man says

FortWayne says

I have never seen any kind of technology that is "maintenance free".

Refrigerators usually work 30-40 years without any maintenance. TV sets work for 15-20 years with no maintenance too.

They don't make them like that anymore. Our older fridge lasted forever, new one we got had a leaking gasket just after 2 years. It's shameless what they do to technology these days.

In good old days things lasted, today anything with more than one moving part will deteriorate in just a few years.

• On 26 Jan 2015 in Russia's De-Dollarization Illustrated, FortWayne said:

Their loss.

• On 26 Jan 2015 in Netanyahu Wins the I Am Your Daddy, America, Award for Control US Foreign Policy, FortWayne said:

There are no sane people left in government.

• On 25 Jan 2015 in Another Obozocare-taxing the middle class to pay for the 300# lazy critters, FortWayne said:

carrieon says

Anyone ever wonder why 92 million Americans currently don't work despite help wanted signs everywhere?

Minimum wage wanted help signs. Now when I was young, our generation was happy for any work we got. But I see new kids, they don't want to sweat or labor all that much. They see Mexicans work, and they think all manual work is demeaning unless you Mexican. Our culture got all messed up lately.

• On 25 Jan 2015 in Another Obozocare-taxing the middle class to pay for the 300# lazy critters, FortWayne said:

I like the idea of free college, but they should just tax everyone except for me to pay for it, I'm special. Isn't that how it should work?

• On 25 Jan 2015 in Study points to where unauthorized immigrants cluster (1st story), FortWayne said:

Blurtman says

I was looking to put in a deck in the backyard, and stopped by Home Depot. I described the job to Hector and Juan, Mexican day laborers who hang out in the Home depot parking lot. They said they could put it in for $1,000. I felt bad about hiring illegals to do the job, taking work away from US citizens, and instead hired an American contractor to do it for $3,000. The day before the job was to start, the contractor called me to say he was going on vacation, but that he was sending his two best men over. At 9:00 AM I answered the knock on the door and standing there were the contractor's best men, Hector and Juan.

That's pretty common out here too. Now there are good contractors who actually do have real crew, and do real work. But they are a rarity these days.

• On 25 Jan 2015 in Obama Howls at the Moon, FortWayne said:

Obama can't magically fix everything man. He is a president, not a miracle worker.

• On 24 Jan 2015 in Study points to where unauthorized immigrants cluster (1st story), FortWayne said:

Robert Sproul says

One in ten California residents is an illegal alien.

That's roughly one cheap slave per 9 residents. I guess it's not really much to complain since they are here on their own accord.

Don't bother applying for a non skilled job these days, your competition is willing to work for under minimum wage, and there are many of them.

• On 24 Jan 2015 in Robots are coming to farm fields near you, FortWayne said:

indigenous says

FortWayne says

Ain't gonna happen. Mexicans are still much much cheaper.

Wouldn't be too sure about that, once a robot is paid for in 3-5 yrs it is free less maintenance.

I have never seen any kind of technology that is "maintenance free".

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 102 milliseconds to create.