Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 28 Jul 2014 in Texas doctor Kent Brantly who moved to Africa with his family contracts Ebola, elliemae said:

Note to self: don't go there

• On 27 Jul 2014 in For-profit colleges flunk, elliemae said:

These colleges shouldn't be allowed to loan their students money - that's a conflict of interest. There's no incentive for the college to graduate the students if the students are required to pay back the $ from the date of the loan.

The education is often (usually?) substandard and people aren't licensable in their professions. They should be shut down.

• On 27 Jul 2014 in What would happen if there were no political parties?, elliemae said:

komputodo says

Angry Florida citizens would follow suit and therapists all over Florida would reap huge financial rewards.

The therapists would hold a great disdain for those lesser people who serve them and there would be born a political party to serve the interests of those therapists.

And there would again be political parties. As well as hot-tub parties.

• On 27 Jul 2014 in Healthy living challenge., elliemae said:

Strategist says

No food is perfect in that case, so what should we eat?

Strategist says

I challenge you to do the same.

I was merely pointing out that you're not eating all that healthy - so your challenge is not difficult to meet. It's all perception.

"These instant oats are nothing more than a mishmash of artificial colors and flavors, along with too much sugar and salt, and in some cases, high fructose corn syrup, disguised as something that is good for you by extremely clever marketing." - http://www.dietriffic.com/2012/10/03/is-oatmeal-healthy/

• On 27 Jul 2014 in And I'm out of here..., elliemae said:

Robert Sproul says

elliemae says

"recovery"

"The inflation-adjusted net worth for the typical household was $87,992 in 2003. Ten years later, it was only $56,335, or a 36 percent decline, according to a study financed by the Russell Sage Foundation."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/27/business/the-typical-household-now-worth-a-third-less.html

So - kind of a "reverse recovery?"

I just watched a Frontline report on poverty in America, where they followed 4 children and showed their poverty from their perspective. It was enough to make me sick.

• On 27 Jul 2014 in And I'm out of here..., elliemae said:

Homeboy says

I've never been happy about the turn this website has taken since real estate recovered and there wasn't much to talk about anymore.

Real estate recovered? The recession is over? We're all back to where we were pre-recession, with loads of equity in our homes, taking vacations and are what we consider to be "happy?"

I didn't get the memo. Kind of pisses me off that you racists didn't see fit to include me in this "recovery."

Bye, homeboy. There are 15,000 readers on this site every day. Somehow, I think we will all find a way to deal with losing you.

Myself, I'm going to enjoy this "recovery" of which you spoke so fondly, and look for the piles of money I must be sitting on.

• On 27 Jul 2014 in Healthy living challenge., elliemae said:

CaptainShuddup says

I just read one of those sidetrack newspinion piece called "16 foods that cause cancer that you probably eat every day."

There are many theories as to the cause of cancer, but there has been no absolute cause & effect of foods that cause cancer.

Strategist says

You can eat healthy anywhere if you really want to.

My breakfast:

Oatmeal - coffee - fruit

My lunch:

Small healthy sandwich, usually veggie with juice or water. Sometimes junk.

My dinner:

Wine/beer, Salads, fruits and sometimes not healthy.

I don't know what oatmeal you eat - but the best selling oatmeal (quaker) has the following "healthy" content: 12g sugar, 260 mg sodium per serving.

Coffee is a stimulant that has been known to elevate blood pressure. People add cream & sugar or chemical sugar substitutes - makes it unhealthy.

Sandwich - bread has tons of sugar, juice is full of sugar.

Salads, depends upon the pesticides used during the growing process as to how healthy it is for you.

The thing is, people write articles about anything. If it says it on the internet, it must be true.

• On 27 Jul 2014 in What would happen if there were no political parties?, elliemae said:

What would happen if there were no political parties?

The Captain would have no one to hate and would be forced to face his anger issues. Angry Florida Republican would follow suit and liberal therapists all over Florida would reap huge financial rewards.

They would buy huge houses in gated communities, then begin hating those neighbors whose lawns weren't as manicured as theirs. They would hire day laborers or illegals to mow said lawns and do other housework, and then get together to form groups to deny those laborers the same privileges as they have.

They would form the wealthy liberal therapist party, which would spread across the country. The next president would be a wealthy liberal therapist...

chaos. pure chaos.

• On 26 Jul 2014 in The Greatest Health Care system?, elliemae said:

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says

The grossest part about being pitchforked by Michelle Obama is the way she held out the bloody prongs for her daughters to lick.

As long as the blood was considered to be a health food, that's not a problem.

• On 26 Jul 2014 in The Greatest Health Care system?, elliemae said:

CaptainShuddup says

Elliemae the crap talking Liar.
    You even went as far as to inject your fantasy world into the reality of my very real visit from an Obama navigator.

You claimed that an "Obamacare navigator" knocked on your door. I don't dispute that someone knocked on your door - but it wasn't someone sent by the Affordable Healthcare Act. That act specifically disallows door-to-door solicitation. So it wasn't someone from "Obamacare" who knocked on your door. You just decided that the president himself was responsible because you had to get up in your drug-fueled angry haze and pull your underwear over your bulging belly in order to tell someone who knocked on your door to get lost.

The study quoted in this post isn't relevant to the ACA, and it doesn't prove or disprove the validity of your hatred of all things Obama.

The only thing that your post does prove is that you have a problem with periods - you use them freely and without reason

• On 26 Jul 2014 in Appraisal To Remove PMI..., elliemae said:

lostand confused says

If you are in CA, appraisals and house price appreciation won't make any difference to you tax bill??

CaptainShuddup says

This is Floridough

Appraisals are private assessments of property - the assessor can't increase taxes unless there is a law in place that allows for this. To my knowledge there is nowhere in the us that allows taxable value to be increased based on a private appraisal. This would open the door for fraud - appraisers who lower the value in order to decrease the owner's taxes.

But I'm not an expert, it's possible that I'm wrong.

• On 26 Jul 2014 in Farewell to a really cool dog, elliemae said:

The Original Bankster says

people who are crazy about pets are those who are generally despised by humanity.

People who can't bond with pets are generally despicable people.

Thank you for your kind comments. The toughest part is that he had a "sister" dog, and a four year old "owner" (partner in crime, they'd wander the yard together after he helped to teach her how to walk).

• On 24 Jul 2014 in I'm right again!, elliemae said:

McDonald's food is horrible and the happy meal toys suck.

• On 24 Jul 2014 in Appraisal To Remove PMI..., elliemae said:

CaptainShuddup says

If the city gets to tax you on the new value.

The City can only tax on the appraised value according to the tax appraisal that's completed every few years - a private appraisal doesn't change the taxable value. If it did, your taxable value would have increased at the time of the first appraisal.

Zillow's "value" is bullshit and no one cares about it unless they're trying to make themselves feel better by thinking that they have phantom value no one else will recognize.

Pull some comps, have a list of upgrades and be ready to plead your case. What's the worst thing that can happen?

• On 23 Jul 2014 in The Greatest Health Care system?, elliemae said:

Hey TPB: I love the way that you quote vague statistics as if they somehow hold some magic meaning. You seem to believe that you're "in the know," and that by throwing out some random numbers you can prove anything. Now it's my turn:

I asked four of my coworkers what they thought of my running for the office of President of the United States of America in the next election.

My secretary thought it would be a wonderful idea and that I would be an excellent leader of the free world, and I felt that she was so astute that I approved her request to have the rest of the day off with pay.

My office partner supported my candidacy after I gave her the desk near the window and promised to shut up for the rest of the afternoon so she could play some stupid game on Facebook.

Our shared assistant was thrilled about the prospect of me being out of the office if I run - so I've got her vote.

My boss - not so much. She realized that if I was elected the next President she wouldn't be able to get me to substitute for her at our long-assed meetings. Since she does this frequently, I most certainly don't have her vote.

So - to recap - 3 out of 4 people that were polled support my run for president. That's a 75% approval rating, which makes me a shoe-in.

I'm giving my notice at work tomorrow.

• On 23 Jul 2014 in The modern women can no longer cook, they no longer want children and..., elliemae said:

iwog says

If I ever get questioned by police regarding a hate crime connected with patrick.net, your name would be first on my list.

And yet, your name would be at the top of many of our lists. A kind of "reverse" popularity competition, if you will. iwog says

I know for a fact now you've never seen a 3rd world country.

...and now we can add 'creepy stalker' to your description as well. That is, if you know "for a fact" that turtledove has never seen a 3rd world country. Or perhaps you don't know what "facts," are.

iwog says

As someone who fancies himself a scientist...

Seems like you fancy yourself a bit too much - probably the only guy on patnet who masturbates to a picture of himself.

The problem with people attempting to have a reciprocal conversation with you is that you obviously believe you are the only person that matters in every conversation you have. At least someone thinks you're important.

• On 20 Jul 2014 in What if we militarized the healthcare system?, elliemae said:

I have no problem saying that we need socialized medicine. The Cap'n could spend all day and night (for a year with a monkey) hitting random keys and still couldn't formulate a coherent statement. I never know what he's talking about, only that he's really pissed about something he's uninformed about.

That being said, putting the military in charge of anything has proven to drive up costs, create barriers to effectively carrying out the mission and basically fucking things up.

I have an idea... let's put the VA in charge of the national healthcare system. They've become well known for fucking things up, as well as refusing to provide CPR for someone who was non-VA while waiting for an ambulance to come and drive a patient a few hundred feet to the ER...

• On 20 Jul 2014 in What if we militarized the healthcare system?, elliemae said:

So - Cap'n - do you grow your own or are you able to buy some good kind bud somewhere? It obviously gets you thinking, even though it's in a fucked up kind of way that makes absolutely no sense.

• On 19 Jul 2014 in Casual Sex Up 83% Since Obamacare, elliemae said:

The article says

“Now that Obama’s paying for my contraception, I feel like I should sleep with as many men as possible. Just last night I fucked 12 guys in an alley behind a 7-11. And tomorrow I’m going to get DPed for the first time by some people I met on Tinder. Thanks Obama!”

I'm disappointed... only 12 guys? She could have done better. I blame Obama.

The promiscuous woman quote in the article says

Since I signed up for Obamacare, I’ve been increasingly attracted to black guys,” says Holly Anderson, a gorgeous 6’1” blond from Kansas City, ”I’ve been sleeping with black men exclusively now for the past two months and I don’t think I’ll ever go back.”

Warms the heart - so many people are trying to find love with that special someone, yet she's been able to find multiple special "dates."

That freakin' Obammycare is awesome

• On 19 Jul 2014 in Medical pricing, on an interactive map, show how prices paid, elliemae said:

I'm glad to see that you continue to blame Obama for the medical private enterprise system in its entirety. That's so cute!

Prices vary so much! I just took a lab test that billed me & my insurance $1,400.00; my actual out of pocket cost is going to be about $200, which will be applied to my deductible.

It would have cost me more out of pocket, but some of the labs are considered to be preventative in nature and the insurance company is required to cover 100% of the costs.

Fucking Obamacare.

• On 19 Jul 2014 in Chelsea Manning to get sex change treatments at military lockup, elliemae said:

turtledove says

If we're willing to prioritize this elective treatment at taxpayer expense, what will happen when a prisoner insists that denying him the right to be a parent is denying a basic human right?

A transgendered person would argue that this surgery isn't "elective," it's "reconstructive. Transgendered people truly believe that they are living inside a body that is the wrong sex. They say that they are area of this truth from as long as they can remember.

I can only empathize with them, certainly I don't personally identify with their dilemma. But to them gender reassignment surgery is as necessary as a kidney transplant might be to another person.

I had a friend growing up who wanted to be a boy so badly when she dressed like one and used the boy's bathroom. She was - and is - one fucked up individual. She ended up doing steroids and working out all the time, acts "like a man" and is one scary dudette. She lacks the ability to receive gender reassignment surgery. If Manning qualifies for the surgery, she should get it.

As with all healthcare, we need better healthcare in the prison system - we're coming along but it needs to be better. With Medicaid expansion, some prisoners are receiving better care now.

• On 19 Jul 2014 in Would You Have Asked Al Capone to Cure Cancer?, elliemae said:

Al Capone killed dozens of people and was responsible for ordering the murder of hundreds more. We will never know how many of those people would have gotten cancer if Capone hadn't put them out of their misery.

All things considered, he was a really good guy.

• On 18 Jul 2014 in What A Country, elliemae said:

CrazyMan says

This woman and their kind are a burden, but no where near where the elite class are. They are truly the dregs of this society.

"This woman and their kind?" Someone assumes that a woman he's never met is receiving welfare benefits and is offended by that "fact."

Not everyone who rides a bus is on welfare.

• On 18 Jul 2014 in What A Country, elliemae said:

I live near Colorado City, AZ and Hildale UT. A woman whose "husband" is only truly married to one woman draws welfare for every one of her children. It's common for them to pop out 13 children - and that doesn't count the actual welfare benefits they receive (Medicaid, ADC, etc). These are the polygamous families you hear about.

It's not uncommon for your regular Mormon family to have ten children. The wages in Utah are shitty (don't believe the crap you read about Utah's wages being "fair," they're not). There are many minimum wage jobs and our welfare costs are outrageous. Yet they still pop out children because the Mormon Church wants its members to replenish the earth all by themselves.

Six children with some woman on a bus? In my neck of the woods, that's the definition of a virgin.

• On 17 Jul 2014 in Obamacare Fails to Fail - NYTimes.com, elliemae said:

Wow, people are insured now? What a failure!

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 354 milliseconds to create.