Show Comments That Contain...
  • On 29 Sep 2014 in Utah Headlines - yea, we talk funny here..., elliemae said:

CaptainShuddup says

correction you speak "that a way".

Nope - we talk like that. We don't "speak" 'round these parts.

• On 29 Sep 2014 in Zillow crashes California home prices, elliemae said:

Call it Crazy says

What if Redfin doesn't cover your area?

Just guess. It's more accurate.

• On 29 Sep 2014 in Utah Headlines - yea, we talk funny here..., elliemae said:

SoftShell says

Our place has a little weird pronunciation also.

Where i'm from we pronounce it "no-it-awl"...

Omma slap yew upside the head. You be's so ignarnt to me sometimes! (yep, we talk that way)

• On 29 Sep 2014 in Zillow crashes California home prices, elliemae said:

Zillow has said that my house is worth $207k-$227k for over six months. And each time I look at it, Zillow still claims a $7k or more loss in the past 30 days. If that were true, my house would be worth around 150k by now - but it still shows that same $207k.

• On 28 Sep 2014 in Utah Headlines - yea, we talk funny here..., elliemae said:

Hmmm, it didn't print the story. Here's the headline:

"Man arrested after allegedly smacking former tenant ‘upside the head’

and the story:

"HURRICANE – A 49-year-old man was arrested on burglary charges Friday after he allegedly punched a woman in the face and went into her home."

"Officers responded to a residence on the 50 East block of 100 North on a report of an assault, Hurricane City Police Officer Troy Hall said in a probable cause statement supporting the arrest. Officers spoke with a woman who said Robert Darren Lawson arrived at her residence and punched her in the nose while forcing his way into the front entry of her home and then fled the scene."

(by the way, it's pronounced "her-uh-kin.")

• On 28 Sep 2014 in Nevada governor sold state to Tesla, elliemae said:

If not Nevada, woulda been someone else. Seriously, the gaming and mining industries have such sweet deals, this Tesla thing pales in comparison.

• On 28 Sep 2014 in Run in front of a racecar & whadoya expect?, elliemae said:

I certainly didn't mean that Tony Stewart was at fault in any way (shape or form...). IMHO, he's a race car driver and his job is to drive around in circles over & over & over. And to avoid collisions with other cars - but a person? The dude should have stayed in his car or gotten to safety in some way, not to challenge another guy in a car going really fucking fast.

CaptainShuddup says

People should not be walking where cars travel period. It's probably the biggest safety hazard in America, is our pedestrian trust of the drivers of the cars in traffic.

Please be careful, possible you'll be hit by lightening. I agree with you.

• On 28 Sep 2014 in Wife Beater Upstairs Lives with Impunity, elliemae said:

justme says

Can you give some examples or a reference? I must be ignorant but I do not know what an "abstract threat" is.

Abstract: "They all oughta have their asses kicked."
    Specific: "They will all have their asses kicked today at 4:00 when they leave the south steps of the church building."

• On 28 Sep 2014 in Wife Beater Upstairs Lives with Impunity, elliemae said:

If he's subsidized by a housing authority, they often are able to evict if he's convicted of anything. John Bailo says

So, with all the "feminism" around today, it seems like if a middle class guy looks the wrong way he gets thrown into prison for rape. But here's a bona fide psycho, threatening to kill females, but because he's umbella-ed under other parts of the system, he walks around like cock o' the walk.

It's not against the law to abstractly threaten, it's against the law to make specific threats. It takes forever to get rid of such assholes, whether they are bottom feeders or top 0'the bottom feeders (such as attorneys).

• On 24 Sep 2014 in August Existing Home Sales Tank Despite Lowest Mortgage Rates In Year, elliemae said:

Can't understand why - I saw a commercial today that assured me that NOW is the time to buy.

• On 24 Sep 2014 in 95 reasons, elliemae said:

Don't forget that Obama hawked a loogie into a kid's mouth while he held him down on the playground when he was in second grade.

I can accept everything else, but not loogiegate.

• On 21 Sep 2014 in Does marijuana cause psychosis?, elliemae said:

From the article:

" Another study, conducted in Australia over a 30-year period, also found no increase in schizophrenia diagnoses among the general population, despite rising rates of teen marijuana use. These authors concluded that although cannabis most likely does not cause schizophrenia, its use might trigger psychosis in vulnerable people or exacerbate an existing condition."

Schizophrenia typically presents in the late teens, early 20's (young adulthood). Isn't it possible that the study subjects felt "off" and were self-medicating?

Any study can prove or disprove a theory... for example, I can prove that drinking tequila keeps one from having worms:

Drop a worm in water, it lives. Drop a worm in tequila, it dies. Therefore, if you drink tequila, you won't have worms.

• On 21 Sep 2014 in Where the jobs will be: Non-degreed health workers, elliemae said:

Oilwelldoctor says

Anyone works for a living has my respect. Especially someone doing a thankless job like this.

I'm with ya. I shouldn't let the Cap'n get under my skin - he knows not whereof he speaks. He just spouts hateful things thinking that he's funny.

• On 20 Sep 2014 in Where the jobs will be: Non-degreed health workers, elliemae said:

The Professor says

elliemae says

These workers lift patients, help them with ambulation, feed them, bathe them, change them,

talk to them, respect them, and love them.

My sister was one of these workers and had the pleasure of helping some seniors through the last years of their life.

Your sister's efforts (at anywhere from minimum wage to $15/hour (approx), also saved the Medicaid system thousands of dollars by ensuring that those seniors were able to age-in-place, rather than to be placed in a nursing home at the cost of $8,000/month.

CL says

It is good, hard, honest work. But it does seem to me that if you can't be a rich person yourself, there will be plenty of work for you to serve those who are.

Most of the rich people have private caregivers - they hire nurses or higher paid in-home caregivers. The ones who are paid minimum or near-minimum wage work in nursing homes, home health, hospices, etc. I forgot to mention that many home-health workers aren't paid benefits because they're often considered to be contract workers, or per-diem workers.

• On 20 Sep 2014 in Obama signs order to fight superbugs, elliemae said:

Obligatory:

• On 20 Sep 2014 in Where the jobs will be: Non-degreed health workers, elliemae said:

From the article:
    "Allied health care jobs are technical — licensed vocational nurses, dental hygienists, and imaging technologists, for example — and support positions, such as certified nursing assistants, medical assistants, and dental assistants. They typically require an associate degree or post-secondary certificate that can often be completed in fewer than two years."

LVN/LPN's, dental hygienist, imaging techs, respiratory workers, medical assistants, etc don't wipe asses. They are the people who are providing services that don't require bachelor's degrees. There are many different vocations that don't require bachelor's degrees.

FYI, the "Bed pan changers" you appear to view with disdain are providing personal care to people in need. They work very hard, are paid shit wages (no pun intended) and are afforded little to no respect. These workers lift patients, help them with ambulation, feed them, bathe them, change them, perform light housekeeping and are able to stay with patients so that family members can get out.

They are the "eyes" & "ears" for other members of the caregiving team... people share personal issues with them because they feel intimately connected to these workers who see them more often than the nurses, physical therapists, social workers, etc.

The superior CNA's with whom I work have told me such things as that patient's families are stealing from them, that they're being abused, that patient's confessed they don't take their meds... They are a wealth of information and assistance, and a vital part of the caregiving team. That they don't require a degree doesn't make them any less valuable.

After all, you don't have one - do you?

CaptainShuddup says

There should be an App for that.

iWipe

If there was an app that wiped shit off the webs, your posts would never make the cut.

• On 20 Sep 2014 in Obama signs order to fight superbugs, elliemae said:

lostand confused says

Another executive order? Why doesn't he just dismiss Congress and declare himself King?? This guy seriously worries me-more than Bush. He should know better-being a constitutional scholar and all.

There's this thing called the "interwebs." FYI, you can type stuff into it and get information. People also call it the "information superhighway." I typed in "Obama executive orders" and this is what I found:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/executiveorders.asp

http://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/executive-orders

This interwebs thing might just catch on.

• On 19 Sep 2014 in Obama signs order to fight superbugs, elliemae said:

CaptainShuddup says

Oh Ellie's so cute, she thinks this is not a distraction, and they are not any closer today at developing a cure for super bugs now, than they were $100 million ago.

Aw, shucks, Cap'n. I realize now that you've got an icrush on me. THE CAP'N THINKS I'M CUTE!!!!

Any incentive to fight the superbugs is worth it. We blow through more on planes that'll never be used... But go ahead, Cap'n. Keep spouting your stupidity.

It's fun to fuck. With, you.

• On 19 Sep 2014 in Zillow, Top 10 markets to buy and sell your house now, elliemae said:

E-man says

"7. Las Vegas, California"

I didn't know that Las Vegas was in CA.

Duh. There are so many Californians there, it seems like it. The way that I can tell Californians on the freeway is those who drive in the left lane (out in the rural west, this is a lane to use to pass people).

Courtesy requires that one pull over to the right and allow them to pass - but apparently that's not the way it is in Cali. Those fuckers drive in the left lane, slowly, clogging traffic.

• On 19 Sep 2014 in Obama signs order to fight superbugs, elliemae said:

I believe that we should do absolutely nothing to address mulit-resistant drugs... it's not like they kill people or even place them in life-threatening situations.

Fucking Obama, if he hadn't been elected, we wouldn't have MRSA.

• On 19 Sep 2014 in Joan Rivers' MD takes Selfie During Procedure, elliemae said:

PCGyver says

Outlaws aren't the opposite of in-laws?

Hmmm. I didn't consider that. Clear INLAW selfies would solve those pesky surprise photos at family gatherings. I'm all for this. Where do I sign up?

• On 19 Sep 2014 in Joan Rivers' MD takes Selfie During Procedure, elliemae said:

CaptainShuddup says

He was a She.

Gender doesn't matter... it was inappropriate and unethical.

CaptainShuddup says

The solution is clear outlaw Selfies.

I agree. Clear outlaw selfies would be the solution. You wouldn't be able to see them - they're "clear," and this would obviously only apply to "outlaws."

I'm not sure if the technology is yet available to recognize "outlaws," versus everybody else. We would need to appoint a commission that determines the criteria for "outlaws," which would require millions of dollars in funding, political appointment, backbiting and squabbling, etc.

Perhaps photo-recognition software? Perhaps we could narrow it down by determining that everyone with a unibrow, face/neck tats, or other physical indicators are indicative of "outlaws." The software would need to immediately make the person clear, see-through, invisible, etc. It's a great idea and I wish I'd thought of it.

Either that, or the Cap'n can simply learn to use punctuation to get his point across.

• On 19 Sep 2014 in Awww, CIC, I thought you wanted to banter., elliemae said:

Seriously, sbh, why would you attempt to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person?

• On 18 Sep 2014 in This should prove fun., elliemae said:

sbh:

'zackly what are you drinking? "cause I want some. It appears to have staying power.

• On 18 Sep 2014 in Cliven Bundy is a Fucking Idiot, elliemae said:

Bundy's cow was on the freeway, creating a hazard in an area that is not open range. If you fail to corral your animals, you are liable for the damage that they cause.

She was driving the speed limit in an area that is two-lane freeway in both directions - it's one thing to watch for debris in the road, another thing to see a large dark animal against the backdrop of the dark desert night. The animals were in both lanes and there was no way to avoid hitting them.

So, yes, it's Bundy's fault that he allowed his animals to roam free in an area that doesn't normally have animals roaming free. This doesn't even take into consideration that he doesn't pay grazing rights and has no authority to allow his animals to roam free anyway. Open range is further out in the desert - certainly not on the freeway.

Call it Crazy says

I guess it's somebody else's fault when a person hits a tree, building, guardrail, another car, cat, dog, squirrel or runs off the road??

If the person builds a tree, building or guardrail in the middle of the road (or allows them to roam free), yes it's their fault. If someone parks their car in the middle of the road, it's their fault if someone hits it. A cat, dog, or squirrel wouldn't have caused the damage that Bundy's cow caused.

Do you even read the shit you post? And Who's drunk?

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 314 milliseconds to create.