Facebook Cratering . . . Because It's Worthless

By APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch following x   2012 Jul 26, 1:57pm 8,837 views   34 comments   watch   nsfw   quote     share

Facebook shares plunged more than 11 percent to $23.80 in after-hours trade after the news, which came a day after key Facebook partner Zynga reported disappointing earnings, dampening enthusiasm about social media.

Facebook founder [, criminally insane psychopath] and chief executive Mark Zuckerberg offered no comment on the financial results, but repeated the company’s mantra.

“Our goal is to help every person stay connected and every product they use be a great social experience,” he said in a statement.

If you were on the F&F list for this piece of shit and didn't dump it in an hour, you are fucked.

1   elliemae   ignore (0)   2012 Jul 26, 2:20pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

smoke & mirrors... he got a lot of money for something that is waning like myspace did.

2   Vicente   ignore (0)   2012 Jul 26, 2:23pm   ↑ like (6)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

But...but...you DON'T GET IT!

It's a NEW PARADIGM!

3   clambo   ignore (4)   2012 Jul 26, 2:28pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

yeah. I got my friend's dog a facebook account. He doesn't click any ads I am sure of that.

4   someone else   ignore (0)   2012 Jul 26, 2:31pm   ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

This has to put some downward pressure on rents and prices in Menlo Park and Palo Alto.

5   Peter P   ignore (0)   2012 Jul 26, 2:32pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Worthless is a strong word. :-)

But I never understood its business model.

6   New Renter   ignore (11)   2012 Jul 26, 3:34pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

God I hope so.

7   EBGuy   ignore (0)   2012 Jul 26, 4:07pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

It won't be worthless when Zuck starts auctioning off 'personal profiles' to the highest bidder -- time to monetize those likes.

8   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (41)   2012 Jul 26, 6:54pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Peter P says

Worthless is a strong word. :-)

But I never understood its business model.

Simple business model:

Keep lying to the investors.

9   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (41)   2012 Jul 26, 6:55pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Vicente says

But...but...you DON'T GET IT!

It's a NEW PARADIGM!

“Eagles are dandified vultures” - Teddy Roosevelt

That's right! It's the NEW ECONOMY!

I just make presentations to investors and tell increasingly egregious and unsupportable lies about when the money actually shows up and somehow, sometime in the distance future, everyone gets rich. Or something! Yeah, that's it!

10   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (41)   2012 Jul 26, 6:57pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

elliemae says

Eschew Obfuscation

No doubt. MySpace at least redefined itself as an extension of radio.

Who knows what will be left of Facebook which claims to be a replacement for your life.

11   mdovell   ignore (2)   2012 Jul 26, 9:59pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

What would be the long and short term issues if Facebook collapses for the bay area?

12   lostand confused   ignore (0)   2012 Jul 26, 10:31pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I wonder if Zuckie offloaded his stock after that IPO and that guy who gave up his citizenship too- he could be stuck in Singapore with a gazillion penny stocks!!

13   Tenpoundbass   ignore (14)   2012 Jul 26, 11:57pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote   flag

lostand confused says

he could be stuck in Singapore with a gazillion penny stocks!!

If that happened then all of the nay sayers in the "religion forum" will have to admit there is a God.

14   StoutFiles   ignore (0)   2012 Jul 27, 12:02am   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

They can increase their users by 200 million every quarter, but it isn't worth a bag of beans if they can't get users to click ads. People on Facebook don't want to buy products; they want to upload pictures and stalk people.

Eventually advertisers will get tired of Facebook and invest in other media. It's already happening. You can't make money off of customers that aren't there to spend money.

15   zzyzzx   ignore (1)   2012 Jul 27, 12:21am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

clambo says

I know a few dead people that have Facebook accounts. They don't click on the ads either.

16   clambo   ignore (4)   2012 Jul 27, 1:27am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

facebook is so worthless.
I got on it so my mother could see stuff from her grandkids.
later a few chicks wanted to "friend" me. They added friends and I thought it was harmless. Who cares if someone in Peru wants to be my friend?
Now most of the people on it as far as I can tell are 1. women 2. teenagers 3. a few guys using it as a tool to network to meet women. I have no idea how they do it or if they succeed.
The women post 1. pictures of their cats 2. political nonsense 3. brag about their kids/cars/material objects. Note: they rarely if ever post pictures of their man or of them with their man. 3. "likes" of various women: e.g. "like" Tony Robbins, "like" Michael Moore.
Facebook is such a lame website. But if you have a small biz or sell something it is free to create a profile for it on facebook.
I cannot imagine facebook making much money.

17   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (41)   2012 Jul 27, 3:25am   ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Most of the alleged chicks were likely synthetic personalities deployed by organized crime to pull you into a scam.

18   PockyClipsNow   ignore (0)   2012 Jul 27, 7:29am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

As a tool to stalk chicks, FB has no equal!

19   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (41)   2012 Jul 27, 8:02am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

But most of the chicks are gangster guys on the Dalmatian coasts waiting for an opportunity to ask a FB fool to wire some money so they can get home from London or wherever after having their wallets stolen.

20   HEY YOU   ignore (7)   2012 Jul 27, 8:13am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I'm buying FB @ $1.25. I could handle the loss.

21   MAGA   ignore (1)   2012 Jul 27, 4:16pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Check out the food Facebook served us. It gave me gas. LOL.

22   thomaswong.1986   ignore (5)   2012 Jul 27, 4:45pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

APOCALYPSEFUCK is Shostakovich says

Its a TOY company! nothing more and you cant take a toy company serious!

23   freak80   ignore (4)   2012 Jul 27, 11:32pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

jvolstad,

Could you re-size that image please? It's too big.

24   freak80   ignore (4)   2012 Jul 27, 11:33pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

APOCALYPSEFUCK is Shostakovich says

Simple business model:

Keep lying to the investors.

APOCALYPSEFUCK is Shostakovich says

Hey now, don't knock Corporate America like that.

Why do you hate freedom? ;-)

25   someone else   ignore (0)   2012 Jul 28, 2:35am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

freak80 says

jvolstad,

Could you re-size that image please? It's too big.

OK, done. My task for today will be to try to make that happen automatically.

26   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (41)   2012 Jul 29, 10:37am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Why is it that Zuckerberg and Holmes, the Colorado Batman shooter, look like identical twins?

27   zzyzzx   ignore (1)   2016 Jul 28, 2:13pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I wish the stupid media would stop referring to FaceBook (and Amazon) as "tech" companies, when essentially they are replacements for a newspaper or store. That and FaceBook worth more then ExxonMobil is whacked!

28   BayArea   ignore (1)   2016 Jul 28, 2:15pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says

Blast from the past!

Staring into a tiny screen is intended to be a "great social experience" ?

Blow me

I will derive immense satisfaction when FB craters and housing in Palo Ato and Menlo takes a hit.

Having lunch with one of my Facebook buddies, he told me that the company offers financial incentives to its employees to live near work. As if we need even more competition from these A-holes.

30   Dan8267   ignore (3)   2016 Jul 28, 2:32pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says

He later corrected his statement. "Our goal is to get as many fake likes on shitty products so that we get paid for promoting them by their unethical producers.", he said in a revised statement.

31   Dan8267   ignore (3)   2016 Jul 28, 2:34pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

freak80 says

Could you re-size that image please? It's too big.

I couldn't fit my whole dick in frame if it were any smaller.

32   HEY YOU   ignore (7)   2016 Jul 28, 2:57pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

If assholes want to be social,they can help me buy,"every product they/[I] use be a great social experience,".
Shallow retards are on the internet.WHO KNEW?

33   HydroCabron   ignore (1)   2016 Jul 28, 5:25pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I heard Zuck took a head shot from a police sniper, behind the Arby's on S Bernardo. Back in 2014: hostage situation (small child), suicide by cop - the pink mist.

Now you're telling me he's still alive?

34   carrieon   ignore (0)   2016 Jul 28, 7:11pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Hyped-up at the open. Returned to the trend line at close. The company is doing just fine.