Prop 64 whats your opinion

Prop 64 whats your opinion

By RC2006 following x   2016 Oct 15, 8:23am 3,013 views   33 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

I have mixed feeling on this one. I smoked a little bit of pot in my late teens and early 20s but I never abused it like I see so many people do now. Its already legal for “medical” use and I think maybe that’s how it should be kept. I really don’t want to have to smell pot everywhere I go with my kids its already ridiculous in some areas. If it was to be made legal for recreational use there has to be a solid way to tell how impaired a driver is which seems to be an issue now. I know 10-20 years ago I would have said yes but now I'm not so sure I can give this a yes vote.

1   Tenpoundbass   ignore (8)   2016 Oct 15, 8:51am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

It was better for you, and better for everyone when it was illegal and the best shit you could find was "Yard" Jamaican compressed dirt weed.

2   RC2006   ignore (0)   2016 Oct 15, 8:58am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

We called that shake.

3   Tenpoundbass   ignore (8)   2016 Oct 15, 9:21am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Schwag, Comercial, Brown, Compressed but not Shake. Shake is the clippings and the loose bits that fell off of the bud.

4   RC2006   ignore (0)   2016 Oct 15, 9:24am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Thought thats what your were talking about, never used the word in your first post.

5   Blurtman   ignore (1)   2016 Oct 15, 9:25am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

I live in WA state and legalized marijuana is not a problem. Guidelines for locating pot shops keeps them out of areas with schools, for example. A valid ID is required for entry to the shops. Kids smoking dope is not a huge concern. Kids on heroin is a real concern, unfortunately.

6   RC2006   ignore (0)   2016 Oct 15, 9:29am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

What about people driving around stoned, I know I never wanted to drive when I smoked but there are a lot of dumb people out there. I drive a lot in the very early morning hours its already a issue for me dealing with drunks.

7   Tenpoundbass   ignore (8)   2016 Oct 15, 9:32am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

The stoned guys are the ones that stops and lets you through. You know the nice relaxed driver. I bet you complement every stoned driver you run into.

8   junkmail   ignore (0)   2016 Oct 15, 9:36am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

My vote... yes
Not trying to control people. They don't want it and it costs too much.
Just because it's legal, doesn't mean it's immune to other existing laws.
Alcohol is legal, just not when you're driving.
Jails will less crowded.
Less gangs, less crime.
Tax it like cigarettes, another win.

9   HydroCabron   ignore (1)   2016 Oct 15, 9:48am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote

rpanic01 says

So you broke the law when you were young, and want to keep it illegal now that you're older, because other people who use it are abusers, but you, of course, used responsibly.

Like those women who had abortions and are rabidly anti-abortion, because other women who get abortions are "sluts," while their own abortions were because of a dire need that couldn't be helped.

I'll bet you also consider yourself a small-government advocate.

I don't see how a prohibition that's selectively enforced makes for a decent society.

10   RC2006   ignore (0)   2016 Oct 15, 10:00am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

I am on the fence with it. Also my persHydroCabron says

I'll bet you also consider yourself a small-government advocate.

I think you are getting a little rabid over what I said.

I am on the fence with it. I see both the pros and cons of it. But I also see the world a bit differently than when I was younger and not a parent. I don’t want it to turn into something that is as abused as alcohol which is something that I think is worse than pot. I do believe in its medical properties, if it does become legal I might even grow it myself to give to the elderly in my area even though I have no interest in it personally.

11   HEY YOU   ignore (7)   2016 Oct 15, 10:02am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

The are no illegal drugs on our streets.
Thanks, Rep/Con/Tea WAR ON DRUGS.

Alcohol is OK as long as Rep/Con/Teas DIE due to Rep/Con/Tea drunks.

12   RC2006   ignore (0)   2016 Oct 15, 10:08am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Democrats were also against it and for war on drugs as long as it was fashionable. I know just as many Reps/Dems they all smoke about equally although I am in CA.

13   HydroCabron   ignore (1)   2016 Oct 15, 10:08am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote

rpanic01 says

Translation: "I want the government in the business of raising our kids."

The illegality of marijuana did not stop you from using. You know that cops do not make suburban teenagers and 20-something users anything like an enforcement priority. This makes the cops the court system: selective enforcement means they are burdened with deciding who they'll bust.

As long as you don't blame only other people for how screwed-up our legal system is, and openly acknowledge the cost burden of keeping it illegal (you should not complain about being taxed for this purpose), I'm good with this.

Would you fully support probation/incarceration and a permanent record (if over 18) for your own kids if they were caught using?

14   RC2006   ignore (0)   2016 Oct 15, 10:48am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

When I was 18 I could ask any person to go buy alcohol. Pot was much harder to get, still easy but not nearly as easy as alcohol. And no I don’t think anyone should be permanently affected by something like getting caught smoking pot. I think the war on drugs was a huge scam to increase the size and power of government and put money into the pockets of corporate prison system.

What I don’t want to see is pot thrown in my kids faces left and right which is what corporate America will try to do just like with cigarettes.

I think taxes on all recreational drugs should be higher and those taxes should be limited to helping people with problems and damages that stem from the same drugs.

I am 100% for its medical use I just want to make sure that Prop 64 is the best solution for recreational use.

Don't get me wrong I think the system is missed up.

15   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2016 Oct 15, 11:29am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

The new pot victims are the ones being fined and jailed for tax evasion. LEGALIZE TAX EVASION, PUFF, PUFF!

16   jazz_music   ignore (2)   2016 Oct 15, 12:07pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

LEGALIZE IT: this is a health issue not a cash cow for enforcement to leverage their job into "oppression for dollars"

Other countries like Netherlands have just about all drugs legal last time I checked and their crime and incarceration are both down.

Also this is the major cash flow of the prison industrial complex.

There are more marijuana arrests than all kinds of violent crime put together, and that is even with the police escalating everything into worst case as soon as they appear on the scene. Apparently some people aren't smart enough to kneel down and kiss their asses when threatened.

17   FortWayne   ignore (1)   2016 Oct 15, 12:13pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Drugs among many other liberalisms destroy society, conservatism rebuilds it. That's what I think.

Nothing good ever came out or will ever come out of legal "getting high" or homosexuality. Just bad stuff. Should be banned.

18   RC2006   ignore (0)   2016 Oct 15, 12:40pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

FortWayne says

Fortwayne what is your opinion on alcohol is it not the same? To be honest I think alcohol is far worse than pot, but I don't ever see it going away its been there since the beginning of history.

19   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2016 Oct 15, 12:43pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Nicotine and alcohol are cool. They never hurt anybody, don't you watch TV and the movies?

20   anonymous   ignore (null)   2016 Oct 15, 12:47pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Tenpoundbass says

This isn't the United States of Florida.

That old school Jamaican phenotype gave birth to the "NY" Sour Diesel that everyone came to know and love.

21   anonymous   ignore (null)   2016 Oct 15, 12:48pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

rpanic01 says

FortWayne says

You think humans were utilizing alcohol before cannabis?

22   RC2006   ignore (0)   2016 Oct 15, 3:05pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

errc says

You think humans were utilizing alcohol before cannabis?

I’m talking about the historical record which alcohol is much more a part of.

And yes we adapted to alcohol use way before cannabis.

23   anonymous   ignore (null)   2016 Oct 15, 3:14pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

Well then, alcohol ftw. Wouldn't want your precious kids to have to go somewhere and possibly smell legal marijuana.

24   RC2006   ignore (0)   2016 Oct 15, 3:20pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

errc says

Well then, alcohol ftw

Why alcohol ftw when it is more destructive?

25   anonymous   ignore (null)   2016 Oct 15, 3:35pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

I was ribbing you, for being a shitty American

26   FortWayne   ignore (1)   2016 Oct 15, 10:40pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

rpanic01 says

Good question. I don't have an answer, never thought of it. Bible prohibits being an alcoholic, but drinking wine is acceptable. It's a topic that needs pondering, I'll ask the pastor.

27   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2016 Oct 18, 10:51am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

it will pass just because of the embarrassment that California was not first. It won't even be close.

rpanic01 says

For this reason exactly it MUST be legalized. The current system has a bunch of recreational users getting recs from docs so they can puff out in peace. This creates a psuedo-medical environment where most shops and rec holders don't know shit about the endocannibinoid system, CBD's, CBN's, and just care about THC and getting high. In this state, no one will take cannabis seriously as a medical remedy, study will never get approved or funded, and will just create lots of stoners.

Once we separate medical and recreational users, we can start having real medical cannabis clinics, with people experienced in treating chronic pain, insomnia, eating disorders, auto-immune diseases, cancer, epilepsy, etc. Places where real patients with real problems can get the care and assistance they need. All the tokers can move down the road to the rec dispensaries(pretty much all that we have now), and the medical side can start being taken seriously.

28   lostand confused   ignore (0)   2016 Oct 18, 12:33pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

Good. At least people won't be arrested and have prison records for this. Couple of other things need to be legalized too.

29   jazz_music   ignore (2)   2016 Oct 18, 5:29pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

lostand confused says

people won't be arrested

Also remember jeopardy from 3-strikes oppression law.

The law is vile.

30   lostand confused   ignore (0)   2016 Oct 19, 11:12am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

That is a separate issue-the promoters. But for the huge number of people in jail -this should bring relief.

In most industries, you have organic/commercial/etc etc...

But throwing people in jail and ruining their lives with a record for this and quite a few other "victimless" crimes should stop.

31   turtledove   ignore (0)   2016 Oct 19, 11:16am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

"I might even grow it myself to give to the elderly in my area even though I have no interest in it personally."
------------------

Ahh... The elderly will call you Stoner Clause.

The Housing Trap