How long it takes to complete a task

By someone else following x   2016 Oct 20, 3:56pm 1,088 views   5 comments   watch   nsfw   quote     share

#humor

1   justme   ignore (0)   2016 Oct 20, 5:21pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Let's have a meeting tomorrow so that we can generate a status update!

2   someone else   ignore (0)   2016 Oct 20, 6:03pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

justme says

Let's have a meeting tomorrow so that we can generate a status update!

First we need to get the stakeholders together to choose a time for the meeting.

3   Dan8267   ignore (3)   2016 Oct 20, 6:32pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Don't forget, we're using new cover sheets on the TPS reports. I'll forward you the memo.

4   Dan8267   ignore (3)   2016 Oct 20, 6:32pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Surfing PatNet falls under the dark web category.

5   Tenpoundbass   ignore (14)   2016 Oct 20, 7:08pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I'm one man writing software for an industry that is trying to boom.
There are three companies that I know of, with teams that have been working on problems for 3 years, still aren't nowhere ready for even beta testing.
For software I created for my company in 3 months. I'm just one guy. When I'm approached with a huge problem I tell them I'm working home until I solve most hurdles.
They give me room and I deliver. Teams are a time suck. When I first started the other developer there agreed. We have stepped up for every project they need, because we don't want them to build a "Team".
He's the ERP guru and I'm the custom middle ware creator and together we integrate everything they need.

In a classic IT world we would be at least a 7 to 10 member team.

My first week the guy that hired me tried to suck me into a meeting everyday, so I disappeared for three weeks. Then came back with the majority of working solution, sans their ERP connections.

They've left me alone ever since. Which is why I really like the place. This would be my worst job of my career if I had to write Failware via a committee.