January 2017

By CovfefeButDeadly following x   2016 Nov 17, 9:00am 3,633 views   13 comments   watch   nsfw   quote     share

One sunny day in January, 2017, an old man approaches the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue where he’d been sitting on a park bench. He speaks to the U.S. Marine standing guard and says, “I would like to go in and meet with President Obama.”
The Marine looks at the man and says, “Sir, Mr. Obama is no longer President and no longer resides here.” The old man says, “Okay,” and walks away.
The following day the same man approaches the White House and says to the same Marine, “I would like to go in and meet with President Obama.”
The Marine again tells the man, “Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Obama is no longer President and no longer resides here.” The man thanks him and again just walks away.
The third day the same man approaches the White House and speaks to the very same U.S. Marine, saying, “I would like to go in and meet with President Obama.”
The Marine, understandably agitated at this point, looks at the man and says, “Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mr. Obama. I’ve told you already that Mr. Obama is no longer the President and no longer resides here. Don’t you understand?”
The old man looks at the Marine and says,“Oh, I understand. I just love hearing it.”
The Marine snaps to attention, salutes, and says, “See you tomorrow, Sir!”

1   CovfefeButDeadly   ignore (5)   2016 Nov 17, 9:57am   ↑ like (9)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I wish Turtledove was around. I think she would have liked it.

2   marcus   ignore (8)   2016 Nov 17, 10:25am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote   flag

Finally we can get back to the business of jacking up the deficit and enriching the top 1% of the top 1% as the founding fathers intended.

3   Rew   ignore (0)   2016 Nov 17, 10:41am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote   flag

marcus says

I agree with the prognosis.

I'm super interested to see what happens in the civil liberties and foreign relations space. The direction could be quite counter to the trajectory of about 4 decades.

4   CovfefeButDeadly   ignore (5)   2016 Nov 17, 11:22am   ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

marcus says

Wtf?!? The gap between the rest of us and the 1% widdened more than ever the last 8 years.

Patrick is right, you must live on another planet.

5   Rew   ignore (0)   2016 Nov 17, 11:50am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

FWM, good luck answering. I'm rooting for you! But know that ...

(Also, Marcus wasn't arguing that the disparity has grown under Obama. He was simply saying that the Trump administration is going to be embarrassingly transparent in helping it grow even more.)

6   CovfefeButDeadly   ignore (5)   2016 Nov 17, 6:37pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Rew says

So basically you agree with me but you really don't want to?

7   Mrs Wonderful   ignore (0)   2016 Nov 17, 7:32pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I heard Loam never got his due on those.
marcus says

He lets the Baush tax cuts last a couple years longer than he should have, but

8   CovfefeButDeadly   ignore (5)   2016 Nov 20, 4:06pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Lol!!!!

You care enough about what an anon person on the internet said that you drag this up and think it makes you what exactly?

10   marcus   ignore (8)   2016 Nov 20, 7:03pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote   flag

Fucking White Male says

makes you what exactly?

Someone responding to someone on a forum. Someone slightly curious about your trolling part of this conversation (my "character flaw") becasue of what it says about you.

Sad that instead of having these adolescent ego eruptions, you can't just participate in a fucking conversation.

I guess if you did, it would be about as honest as something coming from TPB or Trump himself for that matter, so maybe your ego is doing us a favor.

marcus says

A better person would say something like, "maybe I'm wrong."