Congress Is Preparing To END Michelle Obamas AWFUL School Lunch Program

Congress Is Preparing To END Michelle Obamas AWFUL School Lunch Program

By zzyzzx following x   2016 Dec 31, 7:44am 3,352 views   23 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

Michelle Obama’s school lunch program has been a national disgrace. Kids hate it. Parents hate it. The disgusting food choices have been documented on Twitter countless times.

Meanwhile, Michelle Obama’s children have enjoyed gourmet food on a daily basis at an exclusive private school in Washington, DC.

Finally, congress is preparing to undo her awful school lunch program.

A document released on the website of Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., called for the repeal of certain parts of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act Of 2010, the legislative bill that helped enshrine Michelle Obama’s signature program into law. It’s part of a wider initiative called released under the title “First 100 Days: Rules, Regulations, and Executive Orders to Examine, Revoke and Issue.”

“The largest of the five school- and center-based programs, the National School Lunch Program, fed about 30 million children each school day in 2014 and cost $12.7 billion,” the report read. “The rules are hallmarks of the Obama administration, but kids aren’t eating the foods, industries can’t comply with the standards, and schools are wasting money.”

EAGnews reported that since the restrictions on fat, calories, sodium, sugar and other nutritional parameters were enacted in 2012, over 1.2 million students have stopped eating school lunches altogether.

Furthermore, the bill’s insistence on every student taking a fruit or a vegetable — whether they intend to eat it or not — has created a massive amount of food waste from students simply throwing them away.

#obama #failure #lunch

1   Tenpoundbass   ignore (6)   2016 Dec 31, 7:54am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (4)     quote

They turned me away at my daughter's school one time. She called me about twenty minutes before Lunch.
Said that she forgot her lunch money, and asked if I could bring her some McDonald's. She was a Junior in High school at that time about four of five years ago. .
When I got to the school the guard lady in the parking lot. Stops me and says... "Sir! Sir! You gotta sign in, and you aren't allowed to bring that to you child at this school!"

I was like you got to be kidding me, my daughter is hungry and asked me if I would bring it for her. So I signed in and gave my daughter money for the School lunch.

That would have been the end of it BUT! Later that year when she was awarded a Math Honor Society award, the parents and recipients had a parent child dinner in the Cafeteria. And what did this kitchen look like?
Well nothing short of a Mall fastfood court. A pizza stand on one side, a pretzel counter, and a hotdog and burger shack. Along with the typical government slop buffet. I was livid. I wished I had a time machine at that minute. I would have taken it back to that time I pulled in the parking lot, and that lady on the golf cart stopped and said I couldn't bring McDonalds. I would have opened my camera on my phone and recorded her saying that, and ran inside to then film the shit they were pulling in the Cafeteria. They didn't want outside competition. Fucking Liberal scumbags. Fuck Michelle stupid bitch!

2   HEY YOU   ignore (7)   2016 Dec 31, 10:27am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

DIE! DEMOCRATIC VOTERS! DIE!
Now that's out of my system,
anyone here want me to blow 10# bass out of the water?

3   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (26)   2016 Dec 31, 11:20am   ↑ like (5)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

I mean, what the fuck, kid can't find a cup of coffee and a cigarette to get wired for the afternoon?

4   BayAreaObserver   ignore (1)   2016 Dec 31, 11:42am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

TPB "she forgot her lunch money, and asked if I could bring her some McDonald's" - you are complaining about the Cafeteria at school and the choices yet you bring her McDonalds - WTF ? Then again if you let her go hungry maybe she would learn some responsibility and remember to bring her lunch money.

Better yet what happened to parents or the children for that matter making their own lunches and brown bagging it?

You complain about having to sign in with the "guard lady" but would be the first person to scream bloody murder if someone got into the school and did something to the children especially your daughter.

Simply fucking amazing....

5   iwog   ignore (3)   2016 Dec 31, 1:03pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

zzyzzx says

Congress Is Preparing To END Michelle Obamas AWFUL School Lunch Program

Yeah we're going to get new missiles and bombs and aircraft carriers instead. 95% of the world's military might in the hands of our allies and ourselves is not nearly enough.

6   Tenpoundbass   ignore (6)   2016 Dec 31, 1:08pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

BayAreaObserver says

Simply fucking amazing....

Simply fucking amazing is that people have whole elaborate parenting rants prepared on one single antecdote without the rest in context.
Stop pretending you have never eaten McDonald's in your life, without getting into details. This was not a common occurance, and the onlytime any such request was ever made.
My daughter was a stellar student, so put your MyPlate Icon away and stop worrying about those young developing minds and what that man on that Documentary said about McDonald's for a minute. No Wholefoods salad was purchased in the making of this story.

7   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2016 Dec 31, 1:41pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Does this mean that children will be raped in the school bathrooms again with stale twinkies?

8   BayAreaObserver   ignore (1)   2016 Dec 31, 1:42pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

When did I ever say I had not eaten at McDonalds ? I have - I don't like it and refuse to enter one again unless I am utterly desperate for something vaguely resembling food or I need to use the restroom (which would constitute the majority of my going thru their doors the last 5 years).

You are a 24 x 7 rant looking for a topic. If you were truly a concerned parent, you would have known well before your daughter's special night what the menu options etc. were, how it was set up amongst all the other details and gotten involved. FYI you were complaining about the quality of the food choices and schlepping in McDonalds is a better choice but let me guess - you picked the salad right ?

You want special treatment for yourself by not having to sign in with the "guard lady" yet if someone else did the very same thing you requested , got permission (one time only deal - you know, just like you) and did something - OMG - It's the fucking libruls fault...right ?

Whether or not your daughter was or remains a stellar student is totally irrelevant to the school lunch program at the school and letting her go hungry would not have killed her but it's nice to know the GOP has special snowflakes and helicopter parents just like the "libruls".

9   Tenpoundbass   ignore (6)   2016 Dec 31, 2:02pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)     quote

They sell freaking hamburgers in the cafeteria. Not only that I could have brought lunch. But it then has to get looked over.
I could only sign her out, couldn't call her to the front to personally give her money or food. It gets passed along like She's in Prison. I guess they start on the Liberal Plantation way early in the morning getting most of her classmates ready for the institutionalized Private Prison system.

You have no idea what a long list of self serving Michele Obama wanna be's socialy promoted to positions they have no skills or qualifications for. And an even longer list of White childless Liberals doing the hiring, a parent has to deal with on a day to day basis. And I for one want them all the fuck out of people's lives. Sianora Assholes!!!

10   BayAreaObserver   ignore (1)   2016 Dec 31, 2:24pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

TPB - Personally I would be happy the school has a list of protocols and maintains their adherence to them, if it protects the safety of the children given the looney tune world we live in.

You do have the option of course of enrolling the children in a school that doesn't participate in the school lunch program or allows them to bring home prepared lunches.

Not sure clueless, unqualified, poor to no skills label for school and similar institutions/business has strict limits to party or race as long as their are political favors to be had, given and best of all something expected in return.

11   Booger   ignore (0)   2016 Dec 31, 7:27pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

iwog says

zzyzzx says

Congress Is Preparing To END Michelle Obamas AWFUL School Lunch Program

That has nothing to do with Michelle Obama's failed lunch program.

12   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (26)   2016 Dec 31, 7:58pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

If kids could carry roscoes to school like a civilized country, TPB's kid could have shot her way into the parking lot, neutralized the crossing guard and met her father and eating her McDo's sitting on the worthless tax-absorbing criminals hardening body, exactly like the Founding Fathers intended.

13   zzyzzx   ignore (1)   2016 Dec 31, 8:14pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

iwog says

You have no defense of Michelle Obama, since her program is indefensible, so all you can do is attempt to change the subject.

14   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2017 Jan 5, 11:14am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

I only had to sit with my daughter for one lunch during kindergarten, and see a few of the monthly menus to say "That's it!" and put her on sack lunches forever. This should be non-news, as parents shouldn't be relying on the school to feed their kids, but too many of us have become dependent on Big Brother to do our job for us.

I agree with TPB, and if you're a real parent, that should make you upset too. Schools have no right to tell us how to feed our kids, NONE. The food he chose is irrelevant, it's his kid, and he is the only one with the authority to pick her lunch.

I've had to repeatedly insist on my rights as a parent to prevent public schools(charter only in name) from trying to make decisions about my kids lives. They are allowed to educate them, and that's where their authority starts, and ends. Everything else is our domain.
15   iwog   ignore (3)   2017 Jan 5, 11:16am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (2)     quote

zzyzzx says

Actually I have no idea if the lunch program was good or bad. I don't think the federal government should be involved in school lunches period but it's such a tiny issue compared to the trillions in guns you're about to buy that I thought I'd change the topic to something that isn't dominated by stupidity.

16   Philistine   ignore (0)   2017 Jan 5, 11:29am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

NuttBoxer says

see a few of the monthly menus to say "That's it!"

No less true 30 years ago. I remember the federal slop my schools dished out in the late '70s and '80s. The name of the game was get off the school lunch program and bring your lunch. There was always that weirdo that liked the "Mexican pizza", though. I bet he's a serial killer now.

17   zzyzzx   ignore (1)   2017 Jan 17, 9:28am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Obligatory:

18   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (26)   2017 Jan 17, 9:50am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

WOW! You can see Michelle Obama's erection in that picture, too!

19   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (26)   2017 Jan 17, 9:51am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

No wonder Michelle Obama won hard-on contests with hockey teams in high school

20   Tenpoundbass   ignore (6)   2017 Jan 17, 9:53am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Philistine says

I always like the peanut butter cookies with the fork grooves on top. I would trade you my chocolate milk for it.

21   zzyzzx   ignore (1)   2017 Jan 26, 12:14pm   ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Kids across America are rejoicing and waiting with anticipation for Trumps executive order to repeal Michelle Obama's lunch program

23   Booger   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 2, 8:21pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

This is the equivalent of tax reform for kids. He just redpilled an entire generation.

Comment as anon_66d5f or log in at top of page: