follow Dan8267 following
follow Dan8267 2017 Jul 11, 4:38pm
237 views 0 comments
1. Hitler was bad because everything that he ever said was bad. Hitler was bad because he committed genocide.
2. None of the quotes have anything to do with that genocide or, with one possible exception that's a stretch, using violence to achieve political objectives or power.
3. The American military frequently uses violence to achieve political objectives. In action, the American military is more like the Nazi regime than these protestors.
4. Not everything Hitler said was evil. Yes, even evil people like Hitler say good things. If a despot never said anything good, he would never rise to power. Would be despots need to virtue signal. Whether or not Hitler believed those things are another story. Despots are hypocrites that say morally upright things and then behave very differently.
For example, the Hitler quote "Benefit to the community precedes benefit to the individual." is not only a good principle in general, but one upon which all civilization including the United States is based. It's the reason it's illegal to speed. It's the reason we have public roadways. It's the reason littering is illegal. Pretty much most of our laws are based on what is beneficial to the community.
Second example, "For there is one thing we must not forget, the majority can never replace the man. And no more than a hundred empty heads make one wise man will an heroic decision arise from a hundred cowards." Basically, Hitler is saying that an uneducated and ignorance populace will make foolish decisions that a wise person would not make. This is absolutely true. Unfortunately, like most psychopaths, Hitler identified himself as the wise man, and he certainly was not. Nonetheless, the principle that a rational thoughtful single mind or small group of minds will solve problems better than an irrational majority mob is absolutely true. This is why John F. Kennedy gathered a small group of men to handle the Cuban Missile Crisis instead of letting group think lead us to disaster.
5. Without context, most of the Hitler quotes are meaningless and were probably just ignored as noise by the crowd.
6. The worst things that Hitler is quoted are actually deliberately misquoted to mean the opposite. The guy says
(Donald Trump seems to think that) If you tell a big lie, and tell it frequently enough, that it will be believed. It's not the truth that matters but victory.
Clearly this means the exact opposite of what Hitler intended. Hitler was saying that it's good to lie repeatedly because victory in whatever goal you want justifies lying. The misquote, however, says the opposite. It says that Donald Trump is doing this and that's a bad thing. And quite frankly, the misquote is correct. Donald Trump does subscribe to this philosophy of Hitler. You can see it in all his tweets and statements.
7. If this is Antifa then why is everybody old, not wearing black, and not covering their faces?
8. With the exception of socialism, which is not what made Nazism bad at all (in fact America is quite socialist), most Trump supporters would be quite happy with Nazi philosophy specifically, racial purity, militarism, the absolute power of the state, cult-like leaders. Trump is particularly like Hitler in the last regard. The adoration that Trump supporters have for Trump is identical to adoration that Germans had for Hitler. Think about it. Have you ever heard a Trump supporter say anything critical of Trump or express any concerns about him? Obviously Trump has many flaws to be concerned with no matter what your political beliefs are. Yet, no Trump supporter every expresses even the slightest concern.