Any NBA fans in here?

By Goran_K following x   2017 Jul 25, 9:32am 1,062 views   8 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

I know this place is more about arguing about Austrian vs Keynesian, or Climate Change debates, but I was hoping that people here actually have lives outside of these discussions.

Having spent a lot of time across the country in my previous career, I used to attend a lot of NBA games as part of my per diem work expenses. After a while, I started getting really into it, and loving the sport. The teams I follow are the Lakers, Celtics, and Warriors. I attend a few games in each area per year.

Anyone else watch NBA games?

1   Tenpoundbass   ignore (11)   2017 Jul 25, 10:20am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I never was a sports fan or a sportsman. I'm in to music and art though for my past time. I would rather work on a song or a glazing a water color than running with a ball.
I do enjoy a few rounds of golf and watching a world class boxing match. It feels like eternity sitting in a Sports arena or stadium watching a sporting event. I'm wishing it was over already every second that goes by.

2   Goran_K   ignore (1)   2017 Jul 25, 10:23am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tenpoundbass says

Well at least you're into boxing (another sport I occasionally attend live events).

Basketball, Football, Boxing, and MMA are all the sports where I try to buy PPVs or actually go to the arena.

3   Tenpoundbass   ignore (11)   2017 Jul 25, 10:28am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tyson broke boxing in our lifetime. Nobody was as exciting as that 20 second knockout.
PPV viewers hated it, but knew there was no fight as exciting as that. It became the expectation.
If a fight went past 6 rounds, it looses half of the audience now.

4   Tenpoundbass   ignore (11)   2017 Jul 25, 10:31am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I don't like UFC that's a bunch of faggity men grappling on the floor locking their leg scissors and punching face until the guy taps out.
That's not skill it's the first guy to lock on wins.

5   Goran_K   ignore (1)   2017 Jul 25, 10:37am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tenpoundbass says

If a fight went past 6 rounds, it looses half of the audience now.

Have you seen Manny Pacquiao fight? He was pretty exciting to watch in his youth.

6   Tenpoundbass   ignore (11)   2017 Jul 25, 10:45am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Yes I can watch a fight go 12 rounds for the light and banter weight fights. As long as they are trading punches the whole time.
I hate watching them avoid each other for 12 rounds or the heavyweight fighters that lock arms and lean on each other for 12 rounds.

The Housing Trap