Lincoln was a Racist, Get Over It

Lincoln was a Racist, Get Over It

By NuttBoxer following x   2017 Aug 23, 5:50pm 1,388 views   28 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

“I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races . . . . I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people” (CW, vol. III, pp. 145-146).

Good article for those interested in the TRUTH.

1   Satoshi_Nakamoto   ignore (0)   2017 Aug 23, 6:00pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

So, what are we going to erect where his monument used to be in DC?

2   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2017 Aug 23, 6:03pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Nothing. As mentioned in other threads, history should be remembered, not erased. Maybe just update the plaque to be honest.

3   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2017 Aug 23, 6:10pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Just a slight name change to "The Lincoln Nazi Monument". Brass is cheap.

4   Strategist   ignore (1)   2017 Aug 23, 6:11pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

SpecialSnowflake says

So, what are we going to erect where his monument used to be in DC?

Jessie Jackson.

5   RC2006   ignore (0)   2017 Aug 23, 6:12pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

He also thought blacks were incomparable with whites and were to be sent to South America and Africa for colonization.

6   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2017 Aug 23, 7:35pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Yep, article does mention his colonization movement days from Illinois.

7   HEY YOU   ignore (7)   2017 Aug 23, 8:24pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)     quote

Rep/Con/Neo-Nazis will be erecting statues to Benedict Arnold.
Oh,how they love treasonous traitor Confederates.

8   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2017 Aug 24, 8:17am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

You have a lot of trouble identifying "same". Arnold betrayed the colonies to the imperialists, Confederates fought the imperialists.

9   HEY YOU   ignore (7)   2017 Aug 24, 9:41am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

NuttBoxer says

Same:Traitors are traitors.

10   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2017 Aug 24, 10:22am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

No, not the same. Arnold stood behind the power in the Americas at the time(England). The Confederates stood against the power in the Americas at the time(The Fed). If we use your logic, then your statement should have been:

HEY YOU says

Rep/Con/Neo-Nazis will be erecting statues to Benedict Arnold and George Washington.

Oh,how they love treasonous traitor Confederates and Continentals.

I'll thank you to stop abusing the English language.

11   joeyjojojunior   ignore (1)   2017 Aug 24, 10:30am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)     quote

The white-washing of Southern history is amazing. I guess that's what happens when you think a statue is "history".

12   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2017 Aug 24, 10:37am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Your comment is unintelligible.

13   socal2   ignore (0)   2017 Aug 24, 10:39am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

joeyjojojunior says

Yes - Democrats have done an amazing job of erasing their longtime past with the South, Segregation, Jim Crow and the KKK.

Funny listening to Nancy Pelosi talk this week about how racist the Robert E. Lee statues are when her own father was the one who put them up in Baltimore when he was the mayor.

The South has become far less racist as it became more Republican politically. Democrats were totally cool with the South's racism 30-50 years ago when they were a reliable Democrat vote.

14   joeyjojojunior   ignore (1)   2017 Aug 24, 10:43am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

I'm not saying it's a Republican/Democrat thing. Just that the South has somehow romanticized the Confederates as if they were underdogs trying to fight the "man".

15   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2017 Aug 24, 10:52am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

joeyjojojunior says

Who on this thread is from "The South"? Again, you've inserted random posts into a thread that has no relation to the topic. Maybe you could address the Feds whitewashing Lincoln instead? Then maybe you could follow that logic flaw and ask "If the war wasn't about slavery, then maybe I need to do a 180 on the whole Civil War." But then you'd have to admit you were wrong, and I don't think that's something you've ever condescended to doing.

16   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2017 Aug 24, 10:53am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

18   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2017 Aug 24, 11:02am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

@Patrick, JJJ is marking everything in the thread uncivil since I banned him. Not going to let him de-rail my thread when he doesn't read the link, and doesn't stay on topic. He needs his uncivil privileges revoked.

19   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2017 Aug 24, 11:05am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

joeyjojojunior says

Your comment is unintelligible.

20   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2017 Aug 24, 11:05am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

joeyjojojunior says

21   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2017 Aug 24, 11:06am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

22   socal2   ignore (0)   2017 Aug 24, 11:24am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

NuttBoxer says

@solcal2 @joeyjojojunior have either of you even read the thread title or linked article? Of course not...

I did - I was mocking JJJ about his comment on the South.

I am fully aware of the historical support of slavery and racist attitudes of many people in the North.......including Lincoln.

23   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2017 Aug 24, 11:32am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Is JJJ democrat? I wasn't aware, guess that's why I missed your jab.

I guess my point with this thread is if Lincoln was a racist, and didn't fight the war to end slavery, then what really happened? The irreconcilable logic flaws in many people's view of the Civil War have stood for too long because the Feds have successfully tied it into the hot button issue of race.

24   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2017 Aug 24, 11:38am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

socal2 says

I was aware that the South was fighting a war for States rights, and I knew racism also existed in the North, but never realized it was to this extent until reading this, and other recent articles by historians. The bigotry that astonished me the most was that of Northerner's toward all Southerner's, irregardless of ethnicity. But I believe that bigotry is still alive and well today, but no one ever gets called on it.

25   Tenpoundbass   ignore (6)   2017 Aug 24, 12:31pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

But Iwog said he was Liberal!

26   FortWayne   ignore (0)   2017 Aug 24, 12:32pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

I've read countless books on Lincoln. He was not racist, liberals just want to remove all the statues of "white men", they are being racist right now.

27   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2017 Aug 24, 12:39pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

FortWayne says

I've read countless books on Lincoln. He was not racist

How do you explain all the quotes taken directly from Lincoln's collected works, including the quote in the thread OP?

Comment as anon_1a476 or log in at top of page: