Attention TPB Et al. - Why Florida insurers could double homeowners' rates
« prev   misc   next »

Attention TPB Et al. - Why Florida insurers could double homeowners' rates

By anonymous following x   2017 Sep 4, 4:24am 766 views   25 comments   watch   quote     share

Florida has seen its share of calamities, but an "epidemic of insurance claims" could shove the Sunshine State down a financial sinkhole even before the next hurricane hits.

Lawyers and "restoration companies" have teamed up to create a superstorm of lawsuits forcing Florida's home and auto insurers to either raise rates -- or leave the state. And, to the chagrin of insurance companies, their tactics are totally legal.

"This is costing the honest Floridian enormous pain," said former state Chief Financial Officer Jeff Atwater, who accepted a university post in June. Insurance premiums are "flying off the chart," he added, and all because "a few law firms, along with a few contractors, have found a way to make the most of this opportunity."

In the heavily populated Miami-Dade county of Southeastern Florida, where most of the assignment of benefits (AOB) claims come from, homeowners' insurance coverage for a modest house assessed at $300,000 is expected to nearly double to $8,000 a year by 2022.

Article: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-florida-insurers-could-double-homeowners-rates/

TPB - now that Irma has changed course a bit and is poised to enter the Gulf of Mexico and possibly travel up through or parallel with Florida how are you fixed for flood insurance ? Don't need it you say ? Never flooded in your area before? If it does flood, state and federal assistance will help you out right ?

You do realize that should you get flooded out without flood insurance etc. or suffer any other ill effects from a natural disaster and take help from the government (any of them) that more or less will make you somewhat "socialist" now doesn't it ? What will your neighborhood groupies think of you then ?
1   lostand confused   ignore (0)   2017 Sep 4, 4:29am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Feux Follets says

egads-where I am it is under a 1000 bucks for the same. I guess it is either high tax or high insurance-they get you somewhere!!
2   Tenpoundbass   ignore (6)   2017 Sep 4, 4:54am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

That's why I've been doubling up my mortgage payments.
I'll dump insurance in a few years. I'll be paid off in 2020, 20 years short of my term.

I live east of i95. A cat 5 strorm blowing my house away while I'm safely evacuated would be the biggest blessing in dissguize.
I can't legally raze my mid last centruy ranch house, and build something more modern, utilizing my 10K sqft lot to get about 8 units I could sell for $450K a pop in a hot SF RE market east of i95.

I'll dump my insurance in a few years and pray like hell the bigone comes. My credit is good enough I could finance new construction fuck insurance!
3   ThreeBays   ignore (0)   2017 Sep 4, 8:41am   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

If all goes well, TPB will wake up in Kansas.
4   Tenpoundbass   ignore (6)   2017 Sep 4, 8:43am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Or at least squeeze 4 million out of my South Florida oversized lot.
5   HEY YOU   ignore (7)   2017 Sep 4, 9:15am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

TPB,TPB,TPB,
Do I hear a little ego in your comments?
Why do people leave themselves open to be made to look foolish ?

Tenpoundbass says

Tenpoundbass says
Or at least squeeze 4 million out of my South Florida oversized lot.

Talk ,talk, talk or SHOW ME THE MONEY! A forensic accounting will suffice.
Real Americans don't need credit. They pay cash!
My favorite bumper sticker:"If you are so damn smart ,why aren't you rich."

Your trolling needs much improvement.
6   Tenpoundbass   ignore (6)   2017 Sep 4, 9:40am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

I just need to pay this shit off and wait for the big one. I'm not doing anything other than justifying one of the million reasons Insurance industry is a self serving scam.
We're property owners, our options aren't gone because a storm made some shit wet, soaked or damaged.

Our required HO Insurance should have to commiserate with the bank's liablity of the balance of the loan.
But as it is, many have to insure their house as if it takes $350K to replace it, when they only owe less than $80K.

I do have a lot of ego in what I am saying because I was smart enough to realize 4 years ago, that at the rate the ins industry is going. If I can't afford $14K a year for insuance now. I sure as hell wont be able to afford it in another 5 years, and have another 15 years to pay on my house. I would have been paid off by now, had I realized since day one. And been doubling up for the last 10 years. I'll be paid off in 2020. I'll celebrate my house payoff by electing Trump to his second term. The banks and insurance companies are out to get your houses, and put you on the street, while Hey You cheers Iwog on. Because muh White People Republicans. I'll do just fine you idiots, just fine. It's you that should be worried you ignorant sonsofbitches.
7   jazz_music   ignore (2)   2017 Sep 4, 1:04pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Feux Follets says
What will your neighborhood groupies think of you then ?

Right wingnuts are perfectly fine with being takers. Why shouldn't they if it's there? They are still religiously opposed to it being there, but hey, it's there for the taking.

In my experience they make sure that they take more than anyone else takes; as much as possible. You got to push the law you know, that's what capitalists do and the CEOs are like baseball card heroes with golden parachutes exactly for that reason, they almost never get put in jail or even fined. Early retirement is the worst case scenario for them.
8   HEY YOU   ignore (7)   2017 Sep 4, 1:47pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Tenpoundbass says
while Hey You cheers Iwog on.

I'll even cheer on a Democrat that burns Rep/Con/Nazis a new asshole & I have no use for Democrats.
" ignorant sonsofbitches."
I've been called worse by better men than you. lol
SOB= Sweet Ol Boy.

I'm with you on losing my dump ,to fire,Cascadia Fault, etc.
I've got homeowners & earthquake ins.
I've been in construction all my life & bought this shack,fixer upper rather than pay rent.
The ins. valuation is 2 1/2 times what I overpaid at time of purchase.
A total loss would be nice,especially the reimbursement for personal property(got records).
I'm tired of all my useless crap even after eliminating 3/4 of it at my last major move.
I would not replace half my stuff. Anyone want a deal on a commercial tile saw?
My luck will be that the ins. co. goes bankrupt & sends a letter of apology:"Too bad".
9   bob2356   ignore (1)   2017 Sep 4, 1:56pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Tenpoundbass says

Sounds like purely quintessential TPB bullshit to me. An area zoned for 8 units in a 1/4 acre lot and you can't demolish an old ranch house?
10   Tenpoundbass   ignore (6)   2017 Sep 4, 3:34pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Nope not unless it is distressed, this is historic Hollywood.
11   Tenpoundbass   ignore (6)   2017 Sep 4, 3:34pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Ya'll said the same thing when I described Obamacare. 2 years before ya'll said it would kick in.
12   Booger   ignore (0)   2017 Sep 4, 7:26pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

What about someplace like Jacksonville, Orlando, or Tallahassee, which aren't hurricane prone?
13   Strategist   ignore (0)   2017 Sep 4, 7:41pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

ThreeBays says
If all goes well, TPB will wake up in Kansas.

And if it does not go well, he won't ever wake up.
14   Feux Follets   ignore (0)   2017 Sep 5, 6:08am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

TPB - few questions on your rebuild plan, by the way Irma is a Cat 5 now, bought flood insurance yet ?

1. Does the current zoning in your neighborhood and on your lot permit building 8 units as you indicated you wanted to do.
2. If the current zoning does not permit building 8 units, what does it allow ?
3. If the zoning does not meet your needs/desires/dreams - do you know anyone in local government whose palms you can grease to get what you want?
4. If the zoning does not meet your needs/desires/dreams - have you pissed off one or more persons in local government etc. who will prevent you from getting what you want?
5. What are the details/particulars of construction/design/etc. if such multi-family building is allowed ?
6. Since you are self employed, who is going to fund your project ? As I recall getting a mortgage for your current residence was quite an ordeal for you.
7. Are you sure beyond a reasonable doubt you will still be able to do your current job or find another job that pays as well to cover repayment of a building loan as well as your day to day expenses including health care etc.?
8. Do you have experience in construction of this type (multi-family) in any capacity other than carpet laying ?
9. If you can not fill the role of construction manager/general contractor while keeping your current job, who will do that to build these 8 units and at what cost to your bottom line ?
10. Should your area take a more or less direct hit from Irma and you suffer some degree of loss, will your identify yourself on television as TPB, if given the chance to do a spot as a victim of the wrath of a Cat 5 and not having flood insurance ?
11. Have you considered writing fairy tales as part time job outside of coding ?
15   Tenpoundbass   ignore (6)   2017 Sep 5, 6:52am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Feux Follets says

Tenpoundbass says

I would answer your other questions but you have a reading problem so what's the point?
I'll do fine I always have. I'm a self starter and don't look for handouts, unlike SOME people we know.
16   zzyzzx   ignore (1)   2017 Sep 5, 10:39am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Tenpoundbass says
I live east of i95

So do I. I can see I-95 from my bedroom window if I open the screen and stick my head out and look left. The water is maybe 2 miles to the east, if even that far away. I am also on a hill in a house that I doubt a hurricane could hurt, if one ever goes up the Chesapeake.
17   Feux Follets   ignore (0)   2017 Sep 5, 11:00am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)     quote

TPB - you mean there won't be any post even interviews with evacuees coming back to see what's left or how much damage has been done ?

Being a self starter though can we put you down right now for you or anyone in your family not taking a single bottle of water, slice of bread or any other type of assistance from the city, county, state or federal government is that correct ? Remember if you or anyone takes even a single item, you and your family are subject to turning into a socialists.

Can we put you down right now as well is that you will be one of the first to bitch, whine and complain about traffic, shortage of supplies, overpriced gas/evacuee accommodations etc. and the same after the hurricane passes ?

Can we also put you down right now to whine, bitch and complain about the increased premiums for your house and auto insurance premiums which if this does a direct hit on Florida will be worse next year than already planned even though you choose freely to live there ?

Can we put you down right now to whine, bitch and complain about anything associated before, during and after the hurricane and blame whatever on everyone and everything except the current administration along with Potus and his wife Hurricane Barbie ?

By the way who are those "SOME" people that "we" know ? If my memory is correct at one time you took government assistance so are you trying to erase the socialist out of your past ?

In case you don't go back are you planning on being one of those deadbeats that just sends in the keys and stops paying on your mortgage ?
18   Tenpoundbass   ignore (6)   2017 Sep 5, 11:22am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Are you still talking shit about things you don't know fuck about?

This house has withstood every huricane thown at it. I'm not to worried. IF it's as wet as Harvey was, it's the Western portion out in Weston, Pembroke Pines, Davie, Cooper City, that encroached on the Everglades that will get the Huston type flooding. The stupid Liberals selling their souls for Real Estate profits. It would be fitting if they lost everything they owned. Fuck 'em!
But I'll be high and dry if we don't get a 20 foot storm surge. But storm runoff and drainage is going straight out west to piss on the rich Liberals in their Goddamned Gated communities, in the "Good School" districts, next to the Panera Bakeries and Starbucks. That shit will be under water for months and months to come. Even Dan Marino wouldn't be spared. I would be bone dry though LOL!

LOL!
19   Tenpoundbass   ignore (6)   2017 Sep 5, 11:33am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

But what ever the Tropics does, if I were a Liberal betting and praying that Trump fails.
I would be praying to your Pegan gods asking them don't send any hurricanes or any natural dissasters to America over the next 3 1/2 years.

Trump doesn't need Congress or the Resist retards to be a leader and show he can make things right, and he uses these opportunitites to expose Washington and MSM as a whole corrupt network working against Trump and any and all good he tries to accomplish.

When Trump hugs anyone the whole world feels it, not good for you. I would say Trump's hugs are 10x more endearing to humanity worldwide that that imposter Marxist Pope bastard we have now.
You guys can't afford to much more of Trump hugging people, and working soup lines. Maxine Waters doesn't work shit but the bank line.
20   Dan8267   ignore (3)   2017 Sep 5, 11:37am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Tenpoundbass says

I don't pray, but those bets are sure paying off.
21   Feux Follets   ignore (0)   2017 Sep 6, 12:28pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

TPB - Are you still talking shit about things you don't know fuck about? I'm in Florida, how hard do you think it would be to build two quadplex townhomes on a 10K lot, that Jesus cleared via a Hurricane?

Can we start by adding weather prognosticator to the things you are claiming to be and not only an expert, that you are better informed and more knowledgeable than the scientists etc?
Then again being a Trump supporter it’s not surprising since Trump claims to know more than his generals

For the record you claimed – wrongly, spectacularly and galatically that:

It's not going to rain for a week. The dry air to the west behind it, is transferring all of the moisture out into the Western Atlantic.

Surges are not tidal water, or waves pilling up like NASA explains them. Surges are the Fresh water dumped on the ocean that is lighter than the salt water, is being pushed along the surface of the ocean. So the more rain the storm dumps the bigger the surge.

When this is all said and done it will be some Southern Atlantic states that get the most flooding. Georgia wont be able to absorb all of the Rain that is just miles off their coast right now.

(Hurricane Harvey, comments made on 26 August on thread indicated below)

Earlier in this thread you claimed – wrongly, spectacularly and galatically that:

"This hurricane wont survive to make it through the three fronts ahead of it. Ira is not the problem, the problem is the Tropical depression over the Yuccatan building up heading east, pushing Ira back out and up into the Northwestern Atlanitic."

The tropical depression off the Yucatan is now tropical Storm Katia could strengthen into a hurricane as it stews in the southwestern Gulf of Mexico.

The system may wobble to the north, east and south this week, but it will move very little overall. (Accuweather about 30 minutes ago)

Is the lot valued at 10,000 dollars or is it 10,000 square feet ? If the lot is only worth 10 thousand, it must be quite a neighborhood.

Jesus sent the hurricane? Going to guess this was to punish someone. Is this going to work like it did in Louisiana?

Louisiana floods destroy home of Christian leader who says God sends natural disasters to punish gay people.

22   Tenpoundbass   ignore (6)   2017 Sep 6, 12:46pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

That storm is feeding the moister in the front that is parked over the East Coast right now as a ridge of low pressure. Irma is a Sargasso sea storm now.
But that wont stop the MSM from making you suckers run out empty the store shelfs from Keywest to Brooklyn NY.
23   joeyjojojunior   ignore (1)   2017 Sep 6, 1:18pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Amateur weatherman Bass is back at it again--your ridiculous prediction on Harvey didn't cause you to reassess your skills? The MSM was correct and you were.. not. Perhaps you ought to stick to writing code.
24   Tenpoundbass   ignore (6)   2017 Sep 6, 1:55pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Whet it struck Port Richie it was a bone dry hurricane. The winds were not 135mph. The next day the moisture was sucked back in. Huston doesn't have a drainage system.
They never planed on a flood. Then to make matter worse, it wasn't the rain that did 80% of the flooding it was State opening the levy on several reservoirs.
That was the water that flooded everything. The insurance company needs a pound of flesh so they can justify premium hikes. They are flush with cash and 8 billion is nothing in the last ten years, the FEMA portion of the flood insurance that every Homeowner in Ameirca has paid in the last 11 years without a real payout. They are sitting over a trillion.
8 billion is peanuts. They need pay money out, so they can continue to raise premiums, so they can post an increase in profits so they can justify their bonuses.
Intentionally flooding neighborhoods that were otherwise unscathed is not beyond the realm of possibility.
25   Strategist   ignore (0)   2017 Sep 6, 4:36pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Feux Follets says

I'm gonna add this to my short list of reasons to stay in California.

Comment as anon_11f5e or log in at top of page: