Here are your chances of winning at popular casino games

By Patrick following x   2017 Oct 23, 7:10am 869 views   4 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

What are your odds at winning casino games? It's extremely difficult for players to go home with winnings.

All casino games have a house advantage, which means players will lose money in the long run. A 1% house advantage means the casino will make 1% profit over time. So, you are better off playing games with a lower house advantage.

These are the house advantages of popular casino games. (with proper strategy)
Slots — 5% to 10%
Roulette (double zero) — 5.26%
Roulette (single zero) — 2.70%
Video Poker — 0.5% to 3%
Craps (pass/come bets only) — 1.41%
Blackjack — 0.5% (six decks)

Remember: You may be able to win a few big pots, but you will almost always lose money in the long run. So don't quit your day job just yet!

#investing
1   anonymous   ignore (null)   2017 Oct 23, 8:05am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Regression to the mean results in you going home disheveled and cleaned out if you let your sample size get large enough.
2   HEY YOU   ignore (7)   2017 Oct 23, 10:12am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

".. but you will almost always lose money in the long run."

Thought this was about casinos not the Stock Market.
It really doesn't matter, it's all fiat currency.
3   zzyzzx   ignore (1)   2017 Oct 23, 11:04am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I vacation at casinos because of the cheap room rates, and just go to the beach, boardwalk, bars, and don't gamble there.
I'd love to be allowed into the high roller rooms so I could watch people lose money at a faster pace, just out of morbid curiosity.
4   CovfefeButDeadly   ignore (4)   2017 Oct 23, 1:21pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Poker is beatable if the rake is reasonable compared to the stakes and if your opponents play poorly enough. Your own individual skill and knowledge doesn’t come into play too much until you ply the very high stakes games. For instance I can beat a $20-40 limit hold em game at Commerce Casino or Bellagio even with an expert player in the game. This is because the competition plays so poorly that it doesn’t matter if one or two of the players are better than me. But I can’t beat the $100-200 LHE game which will usually be all experts with maybe one poor player.

Blackjack is beatable if the rules are ok and you can count. The easiest game in Las Vegas that can be played at an advantage is the Double Deck Bj at El Cortez. Unfortunately if you are counting they usually flat bet you or bar you in less than 30-45 minutes. I’ve found the Orleans DD to have some dealers that deal 80% of the deck at times. So that can be a good game too. My tax statements from Boyd casinos in Las Vegas have me as a net winner each of the last five years and while I used to get free rooms and food from them, those offers have dried up. It’s possible times have passed me by as I spread $5-40 and have not budged from that in 20 years. That may not be enough to get even Sunday-Thursday room comps nowadays.

It’s alleged that you can become skilled in dice setting in craps by very respected gaming authors, but I remain dubious.

The Housing Trap