Anyone buying these ladies stories, lost at sea edition?

By WookieMan following x   2017 Oct 27, 1:25pm 3,755 views   41 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

I'm no sailor, but have seen many comments in other articles about this and it seems a bit fishy. They lost their phone right away yet continued on without any long range communication in the fucking Pacific Ocean. Doesn't make sense. I don't claim to know much about sailing, so stop me if my suspicion is unfounded. The rhetoric about sharks in the water, yet they're on a boat is also a tell in my opinion that there might be some shenanigans here. Who gives a flip about sharks if you're on a boat?

Hopefully the Navy did a thorough search of the boat and didn't find any other communication devices that could have been used. They looked all too healthy, including the dogs for not having running water, limited shade, basic food, etc. Where did the dogs shit and piss with all the sharks around? I wouldn't be surprised in one bit if this was a "faked" stranded at sea story. I mean 5 months is a long ass time even in the pacific to not be seen. You'll eventually run into something and to have 1 years worth of food?

You'd have to pay me about $300k to sit on a boat for 5 months, shitting off the side, hand pumping my water, eating the same food, no communication, interact with one other person, limited shelter, etc. I bet the rights to the "story" they tell could be worth millions. If they thought of it all on their own, then they get all the money.

« First    « Previous    Comments 2 - 41 of 41    Last »

2   RC2006   ignore (0)   2017 Oct 27, 2:45pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

All the talk about sharks WTF did they encounter Jaws. Why couldn't they get the sails working enough to get out of there, did their compass go overboard with the phone? Why didn't they have the proper communications equipment, I would have tried rigging a bigger antenna on the sail. They couldn't have been to bad off they hadn't eaten the dog.
3   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2017 Oct 27, 2:56pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

rpanic01 says
All the talk about sharks WTF did they encounter Jaws

This is what zapped my BS antenna. You're in a fucking boat, they don't just tear through the sides, wait for the boat to sink and devour you and your dog too.
rpanic01 says
Why couldn't they get the sails working enough to get out of there

This as well. The excuse was made that their engine didn't work. WTF, you aren't going to Tahiti from Hawaii on a tank of gas in sailboat. You're kind of going to need to know how to sail the damn thing.

I'm not sure if it's the article I linked, but I also read they lost their satellite phone the first day/night or something along those lines. So they lost their only form of long distance communication and decided, "hey, we'll be fine in the middle of the fucking Pacific Ocean, no matter what." There are too many things here that stink like shit, and not call it shit.
4   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2017 Oct 27, 3:41pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

They couldn't understand why the sharks kept offering to help them with a sexual harassment lawsuit.
5   DASKAA   ignore (3)   2017 Oct 27, 3:51pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

"Shark were teaching their children to hunt" takes the cake, imo.

Fucking sharks are fucking fish - they won't even fucking recognize their fucking children if they fucking accidentally meet them in the fucking ocean, let alone fucking teach them any fucking thing, hello!
6   DASKAA   ignore (3)   2017 Oct 27, 3:57pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

These two stupid lesbian cunts are too low-iq to breathe and walk simultaneously, let alone sail. How the fuck did they get their paws on what looks like 40ft yaht is a fucking mistery.
7   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2017 Oct 27, 4:15pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Okay, so I'm not batshit crazy. I didn't think I was, but was just surprised one of our local news bots didn't post it. I beat 'em for once.
9   anonymous   ignore (null)   2017 Oct 31, 1:51pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The Sea Nymph lol
10   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2017 Oct 31, 5:50pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I think my Wookie BS sensors were correct in this case. I'll wait as the story continues to fall apart. I'm still thinking this was in fact a get rich by story scheme. Epic fail. https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/apnewsbreak-lost-sailors-did-not-activate-emergency-beacon/2017/10/30/db264670-bddc-11e7-9294-705f80164f6e_story.html
11   TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce   ignore (4)   2017 Oct 31, 6:16pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

KimJongUn says

40 would be the bare minimum for a monohull on an ocean crossing. Meaning a 21-30 days (at most) Atlantic Crossing in either direction. Something isn't quite right.

WookieMan says

I think you're right,something is fishy and a cell phone is no damn good in the middle of the Pacific anyway. If it was a sat phone that fell off, they should have turned around since it was the first day, esp. if they hit a storm which apparently didn't happen according to Meterological Records. Also, more stupidity to set sail directly into a storm if there was one. They have 7+ day marine forecasts they should have consulted constantly before setting off.

If the motor went not long into the voyage, the water maker wouldn't have worked since it's power hungry. You're right, the women and dogs are too water flushed. Also, a year's food on a 40' er, that's a bit heavily laden, if not impossible.

Also I'm not keen on "98 days". If they were running a line between Hawaii and Guam, they'd be in the Westerlies and perhaps part of the time in the Variables, the wind itself would have blown them across, even scudding on bare poles. Also, the Equatorial current would have given them a few knots. That's if they were just floating with no power, call it at least 3-4 knots an hour westward with no sail or motor., that's 100 miles a day. At most it would have taken 40ish days, half the time they claims. Again, with no sail or motor, just the wind on bare poles and current.

Sharks don't mean shit to people on a fiberglass boat.
12   TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce   ignore (4)   2017 Oct 31, 6:23pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The Marianas are right in the middle of the N. Equatorial Current, about 16N, the current is between 10 and 20N.

EDIT: Just now reading the full account of their story. Apparently they sailed SW for the Cook Islands and passed Christmas Island without any trouble, and told the USCG they were okay. Just Cluster B Personality Disorders. What is with Hawaii and confabulators, seems like a lot of Lesbians from Hawaii are making up stories, fake hate mail, etc. these days.

Yeah, sharks my hairy Jew Ass:
University of Hawaii professor and veteran shark researcher Kim Holland has never heard of any kind of shark repeatedly attacking a boat hull throughout a night. He also said tiger sharks never jump out of the water and do not make coordinated attacks.

And still say 50' boat don't hold a year's worth of food for two people AND two dogs, not just weight but space. And if they were sailing to Tahiti, why the year's worth of food?

Definitely no William Blythe or Joshua Slocumbs here.
13   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2017 Oct 31, 6:45pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

TwoScoopsMcGee says
Yeah, sharks my hairy Jew Ass:

From the article I linked on my last comments:

Sometimes sharks will congregate around a food source like a whale carcass, but Holland said that was unlikely in this case “if there’s nothing there to attract the animals. I mean this is just an inert boat hull.

This made me LOL after their initial description of being stranded for 5 fucking months. It's like, these must be fucking military sharks. Maybe N. Korea is creating nuclear military sharks. You. Are. In. A. Fucking. Boat! There's zero reason to even have a concern over sharks.
14   TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce   ignore (4)   2017 Oct 31, 6:49pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says

The whole thing is confabulated bullshit. I just saw a map, they were last contacted by the USCG off of Kiribati, yet somehow ended up just 1000 miles SE of Japan. They had alleged engine trouble but bypassed Christmas Island within sight. There's NO WAY they got to where they were found without setting a course for it - even if they were dead in the water.

Also they said they had mast trouble, I see a mast looking fine in the pic. Couldn't even take a spinnaker or jib? BS!

Thanks for this, great reading! If people are gonna bullshit, they should at least be semi-plausible about it!
15   P N Dr Lo R   ignore (0)   2017 Oct 31, 6:58pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

TwoScoopsMcGee says
William Blythe or Joshua Slocumbs
Something like this would have never happened to two men.
16   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2017 Oct 31, 7:15pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

P N Dr Lo R says
William Blythe or Joshua Slocumbs
Something like this would have never happened to two men.

I'm too lazy, but it probably wouldn't have happen to two good women sailors either. The black chick (sorry, don't know her name and it's the easiest way to describe her) said she didn't know how to sail when they set out. Who the fuck sets out on a 17-20 days journey over water, depending on weather, with only one person that supposedly knows how to sail?

I literally think this whole thing was staged as a bit to sell movie/story rights to the whole ordeal. And it's now coming undone because they didn't realize that other people on the planet have sailed a fucking boat and would call out their BS. I actually think these women should be prosecuted. No one was at risk to rescue them, but they should be put in jail for being quite possibly the dumbest fucking idiots in the world right now.
17   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2017 Oct 31, 7:19pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

They look like Immense Hearsay Lesbians. What do you expect?
18   MrMagic   ignore (11)   2017 Oct 31, 7:54pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

P N Dr Lo R says
TwoScoopsMcGee says
William Blythe or Joshua Slocumbs
Something like this would have never happened to two men.

Wait, don't women always say men will never stop and ask for directions when they're lost.
19   anonymous   ignore (null)   2017 Oct 31, 9:18pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Main thing to me was why they didnt set off their EPRIB beacon. Yeah that is supposed to be a last resort (as in 24 hours from death thing), but if you have been out in the middle of the ocean for 5 MONTHS - I think the breach in protocol in this case would be excused.
20   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2017 Oct 31, 11:31pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Prolly doing drug runs, and made up bullshit story as a cover.
21   BayArea   ignore (0)   2017 Nov 1, 6:43am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Sounds like drug runs
22   anonymous   ignore (null)   2017 Nov 1, 1:40pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Sounds like that old bat can boat. And also that she’s batshit restraining order crazy. The type that can spin a long lie like this and repeat it accurately time and time again, because she believes it.
23   anonymous   ignore (null)   2017 Nov 1, 2:26pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

errc says

As the great Jon Lovitz said,

ACTING!
24   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2017 Nov 1, 2:29pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Musta done so much bestiality with the dogs and muff diving gurgling in fish odor they got comatose and it felt like five months at sea.
25   DASKAA   ignore (3)   2017 Nov 1, 3:52pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

They should be made to pay for all the fuel wasted during their "rescue".
26   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2017 Nov 14, 7:35am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Is there any chance these ladies get charged with a crime? I'm not sure if and what it would be, but this is getting ridiculous at this point. They're now claiming the Taiwanese fishing vessel was trying to ram them and kill them, which was never party of the story originally. It's pretty obvious they're lying at this point. Obviously I doubt lying is criminal in this case, but this is utter nonsense and the media is still sucking this shit up.

I think they do their media tour for the next couple of weeks. In 12 months they've got a self authored book and are selling the rights to it. And I bet in about 3-5 years there's a fucking movie about this. This seems like an orchestrated con to me.

27   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (33)   2017 Nov 14, 7:44am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Did they get to the part about fighting off an armed SHARKNADO! with boat poles launched from their tweetees?
28   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2017 Nov 14, 8:32am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

APOCALYPSEFUCK_is_ADORABLE says

Not yet. The way it's going with these two con artists, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the next revelation of their ordeal. I'm sure the media would believe it and they'd be on the morning news shows for a 2nd round of BS.
29   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (33)   2017 Nov 14, 8:52am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I am going to borrow a DVR for this one!
30   TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce   ignore (4)   2017 Nov 14, 9:27am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

"Believe the Victims!"
31   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2017 Nov 14, 11:32am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

When do we get to see their selfys of them tweety impaled on the mast and swaying back and forth sobbing in ecstasy?
32   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (33)   2017 Nov 14, 12:29pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

What's more fearsome than SHARKNADO! COMMANDOS! armed with M134?

IHL sailette tweetees launching boat poles at MACH! 14!

HA! SHARKNADO!s with rail guns would be helpless!
33   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2017 Nov 14, 8:26pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Sharknados are nothing. It's IHLnados that I worry about.
34   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (33)   2017 Nov 14, 11:39pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

IHLnados ATTACK!

When can I see this movie?
35   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Feb 26, 5:18pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Stumbled on this today. Top notch explanation: https://unreasonablydangerousonionrings.com/2017/10/31/19-reasons-this-survival-story-smells-fishy/

It's long, but if you got time, funny and good read. Or at least my dumb ass thought so.
36   TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce   ignore (4)   2018 Feb 26, 5:52pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

That's great. "No harbor could hold my 50 foot boat." Uh, boats twice as large are all over the Bahamas, which kinda sorta has coastal water a wee bit shallower than Hawaii on average. Just a bit.

And they couldn't anchor in a roadstead or tie up to a buoy? Nonsense.
37   P N Dr Lo R   ignore (0)   2018 Feb 26, 9:32pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Here is a real story of survival by an eight year old girl with nothing but a cork life float who was in the ocean four days after the boat's owner 44 year old Julian Harvey murdered his wife, then Terry Jo Duperault's family in 1961 after taking them on a paid outing. When Harvey realized Terry Jo was alive, he scuttled the boat and left on the dinghy, expecting her to drown when it sank. Four days later a Greek freighter rescued her. Harvey was getting ready to testify in a hearing about the sinking when news came in of her survival. When the hearing took a recess, he returned to his hotel room and mortally slit his wrists and throat--turned out he was a sociopath who had killed a couple of others, including his mother-in-law when he ran their car off the bridge into a creek and was the only one who survived.

38   TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce   ignore (4)   2018 Mar 4, 11:01am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

@WookieMan

The Blonde was a bisexual organic farmer with a degree in Landscape Architecture from Texas A&M (S&M?) University who moonlighted as a Dominatrix and wrote erotic stories about two women marooned on yachts

In addition to wrecking people's asses, she also wrecked another boat a short while before leaving Hawaii.

Let's see, incompetent Lesbian Organic Farmer Dominatrix. I'm guessing she wasn't voting for Trump.
39   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Mar 4, 11:39am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

TwoScoopsPlissken says

LO fucking L! Lesbian Organic Farmer Dominatrix. Not my cup of tea at ALL (looks, age & farmer), but she seems to take care of herself physically, so I guess I'll give her that.

Not sure if I feel bad for her yacht mate or if that was up her alley. Given the dogs relatively good health, I think there might now be a third layer to this story with the information you've brought to light here. Those dogs (were there multiple - can't remember all the details) are way too healthy for just walking about a sailing vessel. Were they having sex with the dogs?

They should make this a movie now that you're telling me this. This could be a cult classic.
40   TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce   ignore (4)   2018 Mar 4, 11:44am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I'm thinking they marooned themselves on some island and lez'd out, which explains why they had so much growth on their hulls. The ships hull, I mean.
41   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2018 Mar 4, 12:34pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

It was all performance art. Sir Richard Branson had them picked up from their boat, flew them to the Caribbean, hired them to beat him and slather him in dyke pussy juices while the dogs licked and mounted them all, and then sent them back to the boat via air transport a few months later.

It's the only rational explanation.

« First    « Previous    Comments 2 - 41 of 41    Last »